Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture (31996 Views)

Diary Of An Ibadan Hustler In Lagos / Which Of These European Countries Is Good To Live In As Hustler/jjc / Null (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Afam4eva(m): 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2012
Gen2jaynee: Afam? Contact me weneva Mama nkechi z ready 2 pay such amount n see if i (Gen2) will feel too big..2 do d washing n collect my pepper
Shey you no go dey fear say your classmates fit come there come chop?
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by ballabriggs: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
ebamma: an average cleaner in the uk may earn upto 20 to 30 pounds per hour,i will leave u to do the maths,if he works atleast 40 hrs a week.

Mechionu gii dia.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by hardbody: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
ebamma: a cleaner in the uk earns an estimate of 40,000 pounds to 70,000 pounds a year,which in naira is between 10 million to 17.5 million naira.many bankers in Nigeria dont earn upto that.

stop misleading people. it is Heediots like you that fuel the desire of ignorant youths to abandon whatever meaningful life they can live and start seeking for ways of leaving the country. with the kind of figures you bandy around, little wonder people will go through the deserts and cross teh seas at dangerous straits just to get into Europe. If a sweeper earns what you claim, pray what does an average professional earn. Data is not scarce, i hope you do not embarrass yourself again. OLODO
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by proudly9ja(m): 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

If Nigerian employers will pay same amount of money to people, and give them same environment, and conditions with respect, i am sure "some" Nigerians will prefer to work there.
Exactly.

If the cleaning job in Nigeria can be good enough for the average Nigerian to save money over time such that he can own his car/house, I am sure many will do it IN Nigeria.

naijababe: @ Fhemmmy, Ajanlekoko is mostly correct, since the entry of some of the eastern European countries into the EU, blue collar jobs have been over-run by the Poles in particular. Despite 'our' scammer rep, the UK as a country would still give a chance to most individuals.
The Poles have only matched our willingness and ability to do all sorts of jobs and relatively looong hours. They also have the advantage that they have European passports and hence no limit on the number of hours they can work per week unlike many Nigerians who are mainly students.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by skyp(m): 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
afam4eva: Even if some of those Nigerians were asked to do the same job at mama Nkechi's buka at the same amount they earn abroad, they'll be feeling to big to do it.

because in europe they use dish washer machine and i don`t think such machine
is in existence in nigeria
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
skyp:

u only pay tax in uk if u earn more than 10,000 ps in a yr.
if u don`t earn more than that all tax paid will be returned
at the end of the year. with this u can see that it is only
the rich that pay tax in uk unlike nigeria where the poor pay
more tax than the rich...

So the cleaner that is making like 15K Pounds are still paying taxes, and then, getting your money back at the end of the year is based on more factors, not just automatic . . . Besides, how many poor in Nigeria are paying taxes, a cleaner that is not even on the payroll? but just under the table?
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
skyp:

because in europe they use dish washer machine and i don`t think such machine
is in existence in nigeria

Dish washer in Nigeria, where is the electricity to run the machine, or they have to depend on the generator too?
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by ebamma(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
if u are still argueing use ask goggle
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by y2kaustin(m): 4:26pm On Jul 19, 2012
afam4eva:
In that case i apologize to him for insulting his source of livelihood. That he's a washing plates in europe does not mean it will remain like that forever.
....U sure say nobi "baff dead body u wan talk".
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2012
proudly9ja:
Exactly.

If the cleaning job in Nigeria can be good enough for the average Nigerian to save money over time such that he can own his car/house, I am sure many will do it IN Nigeria.

The Poles have only matched our willingness and ability to do all sorts of jobs and relatively looong hours. They also have the advantage that they have European passports and hence no limit on the number of hours they can work per week unlike many Nigerians who are mainly students.

Agree with you on the bolded, Nigerians with ILR & red pali tend to be more ambitious; not sure about the majority being students though.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by AjanleKoko: 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
naijababe:

Agree with you on the bolded, Nigerians with ILR & red pali tend to be more ambitious; not sure about the majority being students though.

Any particular reason why that would be so?
I'd have expected that the Nigerians on student visa or some other nonimmigrant status would be a lot more aggressive, seeing as they don't necessarily have a future in the UK.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
naijababe:

na only your own report i go blv, cos you know what you talking about . . . Well informed, i still dey loyal Ma.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Afam4eva(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
y2kaustin: ....U sure say nobi "baff dead body u wan talk".
O boy, me i no know oo grin
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by proudly9ja(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
naijababe:

I dont have data on that too so Il jst change it to those who have some sort of limitation in terms of work hours on their visas
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by swaggerboi2011: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
pay is completely different,
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by hardbody: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
proudly9ja:
Exactly.

I recall way back when i boarded a flight in Nigeria (Lagos enroute Abuja) in one of this now-crashed crafts ( i think it's Bellview), there was this lady that was a mate of mine at the Law School, in fact we shared teh same row of seats in the auditorium. She was one of the crew cabin. As son as i saw her, i was excited that i had met a long-lost colleague and then we exchanged pleasantries. That was teh last i saw of her throughout the flight till we disembarked. I later realized that she had opted to swap positions with someother person and perhaps either restricted herself to teh Business Class section or went the rear ofthe craft and remained there till all passengers disembarked. My point? she was making relatively good money at that point in time, but my presence was a determining factor for her at that point in time. It will therefore appear to me taht Nigerians will not accept the menial jobs here irrespective of teh amount, well, i for one would not whether here or there, otherwise why i did go to school, to learn how to clean and scrub public places? Naaaaah
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by justwise(m): 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

So the cleaner that is making like [b]15K Pounds are still paying taxes, and then, getting your money back at the end of the year is based on more factors, not just automatic . . . Besides, how many poor in Nigeria are paying taxes, a cleaner that is not even on the payroll? but just under the table?[/b]

. . . .for a cleaner to make £15k a year she must be doing about 3 cleaning jobs a day of about 3hrs each at least.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
justwise:

. . . .for a cleaner to make £15k a year she must be doing about 3 cleaning jobs a day of about 3hrs each at least.

I am not in UK oh, i am just going by the data that someone pull out that cleaners in the UK are making average of 21K Pounds . . .
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by justwise(m): 4:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I am not in UK oh, i am just going by the data that someone pull out that cleaners in the UK are making average of [b]21K Pounds . . . [/b]

Even if you are cleaning buckingham palace.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
justwise:

Even if you are cleaning buckingham palace.

You are a briton, and would know better . . . I guess life in UK is tough for them then . . . cry
Some cleaners in Canada (especially those working for govt) makes good money
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Skywalker5(m): 4:39pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

I am not in UK oh, i am just going by the data that someone pull out that cleaners in the UK are making average of 21K Pounds . . .

Yea its possible. i know someone who earns around that and he is a cleaner. The difference is he has his own company.He get the contracts he will do the job by himself
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by adoniza(m): 4:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
Like it or not, the grass is truly greener on the other side. And besides, the current status of the country shows only a very faint hope of becoming green, let alone GREENER.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by skyp(m): 4:41pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

So the cleaner that is making like 15K Pounds are still paying taxes, and then, getting your money back at the end of the year is based on more factors, not just automatic . . . Besides, how many poor in Nigeria are paying taxes, a cleaner that is not even on the payroll? but just under the table?

so u don`t know that those companies in nigeria normally deduct tax from every workers
salaries nhmm moreover do u know the amount that is bn extorted frm the market
women on daily basis by the council, isn`t that tax?
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Gen2jaynee: 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
afam4eva:
Shey you no go dey fear say your classmates fit come there come chop?
afam? Na FEAR u go call am no b FEELING TOO BIG...bt bro 4get oo,GEN2 no send,i fit even wear Mask de do d washing ...no time 2 check time @ all
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by cashmentor(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

And when the B.Sc holder cant get a job?
Then he CREATES one and become self fulfilled, or join the Dish Washing/floor sweeping Union either in Naija or Europe, Simple! Life is all about Choices you know!
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 4:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
skyp:

so u don`t know that those companies in nigeria normally deduct tax from every workers
salaries nhmm moreover do u know the amount that is bn extorted frm the market
women on daily basis by the council, isn`t that tax?

Who collects the taxes from Mama Chioma at Oshodi selling pepper and veggies?
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
cashmentor: he CREATS one and become self fulfilled, or join the Dish Washing/floor sweeping Union either in Naija or Europe, Simple! Life is all about Choices you know!

Life is about choice, but when the only choice you have is choosing between one cos the other is not really a choice, then, what do you do
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Any particular reason why that would be so?
I'd have expected that the Nigerians on student visa or some other nonimmigrant status would be a lot more aggressive, seeing as they don't necessarily have a future in the UK.

The big barrier is the how the system is set up, no matter how aggressively you try, without the right papers, getting a job remains a key challenge for nonimmigrant visa holders and to an extent students.

Most Nigerians would return to school to get one certificate or the other to better their lot once they obtain their ILR, immigration status is the key factor holding most people back. That's why you'd see 45 year old women doing NVQs, access courses etc.

Fhemmmy:

na only your own report i go blv, cos you know what you talking about . . . Well informed, i still dey loyal Ma.

You got jokes dude grin
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by justwise(m): 4:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
Sky-walker:

Yea its possible. i know someone who earns around that and he is a cleaner. The difference is he has his own company.He get the contracts he will do the job by himself

Bros that is different, company owner can earn that much but ordinary cleaner can not.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Fhemmmy: 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
adoniza: Like it or not, the grass is truly greener on the other side. And besides, the current status of the country shows only a very faint hope of becoming green, let alone GREENER.

If care is not take, what you see on the other side and you thought is a greener grass, might be a green fake carpet from Dollar Store . . . Once you leave Nigeria for abroad, you are stuck if care is not taken, cos you wanna make it before you come home and making it aint easy as that . . . so better to be well informed before making a move
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by Skywalker5(m): 4:45pm On Jul 19, 2012
justwise:

Bros that is different, company owner can earn that much but ordinary cleaner can not.

I agree.
Re: Life Of A Nigerian Hustler In Picture by justwise(m): 4:46pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fhemmmy:

[b]You are a briton, and would know better . . . I guess life in UK is tough for them then . . . cry
Some cleaners in Canada (especially those working for govt) makes good money[/b]

I'm not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nairalander Trip To benin Republic Via Idiroko Boarder Ogun State Nigeria / "Young People Who Chartered Plane Chose To Disembark With Ladder"-AeroContractor / A Lone Nigerian Stopped A Police Vehicle While He Was Controlling Traffic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.