Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway (3621 Views)

Boko Haram Defeated, Chibok Girls Rescue Underway, Says Buratai / Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). / Stable Power Supply Underway , Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by chiomen: 11:07am On Jul 20, 2012
IN a move at turning wastes into wealth, a German company, W. Hartung, on Wednesday presented to the Abia State Governor Theodore Orji a proposal on recycling of wastes into cars, bicycles, fertiliser among others.

Presenting the proposal to Orji, who represented by his Chief of Staff, Mr. Cosmas Ndukwe, at the Government House, Umuahia, the firm’s Managing Director, Michael Struve, said the planned recycling plant would turn bottles into T-shirts, beverage cans into bicycles, tins into cars, some domestic wastes into fertiliser, old tyres into fuel, among others.

He added that the plant would also provide jobs for Abia people.

He said: “The plant will also employ Abia people and assist in keeping the environment clean. For us, waste is wealth and waste is gold. If we are granted the operational license, our company would dismantle and recycle all car scraps littered across the state at no cost and ship them back to Germany for industrial use”.

Responding, Ndukwe reiterated Abia government’s policy to partner with genuine investors in the state, which he described as investor-friendly with various investment opportunities.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92857:plan-to-turn-abias-wastes-into-wealth-afoot-&catid=1:national&Itemid=559
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by qualified(f): 11:48am On Jul 20, 2012
How is this news? Does it call for celebration?

The State is dirty n anything to clean it is welcomed. Besides this is still a proposal.

Op, are u part of T. A. Orji's PROs? Likes of emindu, patrikobi, donzico? Plss more work n less talk! Ehen least i forget, u guys are not professional at all, maybe cheap sha but not professional. Rumour carriers? Yes!

1 Like

Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2012
That is a whole lot of wastes grin
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by tonyx4x44(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
calls for celebration
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by slimdiggi: 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2012
The waste alone in aba is enuf to declare a state of emergency

1 Like

Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Wislet(f): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2012
WHICH CELEBRATION??

Did you read that at all?

THEY WILL SHIP ALL THE COLLECTED USED ITEMS BACK TO GERMANY FOR THEIR OWN INDUSTRIES TO RECYCLE.

THEN I GUESS THE EMPLOYMENT THEY MEAN FOR ABIANS IS JUST LABOUR (MAN POWER) TO HELP COLLECT THOSE ITEMS.

So, Abians will only be paid for going to the smelliest of places (cos I can't see the white men soiling their hands as such) to collect the wastes anh hand them right over to the company?

WHY CAN'T THE COMPANY ESTABLISH IN ABIA STATE, EMPLOY THE YOUTHS AND TEACH THEM HOW TO RECYCLE?

Talk about a Business suggestion.
angry

unbelievable.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Silensa(m): 12:31pm On Jul 20, 2012
Its a welcome development
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by OZOBUDE(m): 12:32pm On Jul 20, 2012
The govt of Abia state needs a serious investigation into the proposal of Germans to recycle the wastes in the state because it may not be to recycle the waste alone that attracted them.There's more to it than we think
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by slimdiggi: 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
The waste alone in aba is enuf to declare a state of emergency shocked
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by ironben(m): 12:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
#thinking# is this really a win-win situation?? D oyinbo takes out ur garbage, recycle it and ships it to his country free of charge where he will then use it and produce 'new cars'..then a decade or more later, same car gets sold & makes its way into naija as a tokunbo and then the whole process starts all over again.. But like i hinted earlier, it's just my line of thought.
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by qualified(f): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2012
Wislet: WHICH CELEBRATION??

THEY WILL SHIP ALL THE COLLECTED USED ITEMS BACK TO GERMANY FOR THEIR OWN INDUSTRIES TO RECYCLE.

THEN I GUESS THE EMPLOYMENT THEY MEAN FOR ABIANS IS JUST LABOUR (MAN POWER) TO HELP COLLECT THOSE ITEMS.

So, Abians will only be paid for going to the smelliest of places (cos I can't see the white men soiling their hands as such) to collect the wastes anh hand them right over to the company?

WHY CAN'T THE COMPANY ESTABLISH IN ABIA STATE, EMPLOY THE YOUTHS AND TEACH THEM HOW TO RECYCLE?

angry

unbelievable.

good point! Its still a proposal n soon, some sycophants ll add it to their list of achievements
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
T.A. Orji needs to recycle himself too! Dat guy is a dumba$$!!worst governor as long as abia state is concerned.SMH

1 Like

Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by chiomen: 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2012
Wislet: WHICH CELEBRATION??

angry

unbelievable.
I think you yourself need to read in between the lines. What is your problem with establishing a recycle factory in Abia. There's one thing that you disgruntled critics of Abia should take note, the state governor is determined to take the state to a greater height, that's why you see project work going on in the state like never before. Also for your information, the plant will be sited in Abia. Abia youths of course will be gainfully employed. If the Oyibo man feel say the scrap waste will be transported abroad, fine. At least revenue will be made from its sale
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 20, 2012
Abia state government should not accept this proposal cos its cheating,yes,they'll help clean the state but they'll be the one in charge of everything,the onlu role abians have in this proposal is to serve as a 'scavenger' which is not an employment if i may say.the west will forever be a cheat.
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by ebamma(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
so finally governor orji has realized that Abia is a dirty state.
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by obiena: 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
Its nt a recyclin factory rada a Scavengin factory.Thief Afta Orji will only approve it wen His son might av negotiate with d german abt his % of d deal.dts Abia governance 4 u
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Lachynos2k2(m): 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
they should start with ABA asap...i mean dat town smells like a dead rotten cow.thats if they are not tryin to deceive themselves.
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by ulonnaya21: 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2012
That's a welcome development, we need more of this recycle factory thru out the country
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Wislet(f): 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2012
chiomen:
I think you yourself need to read in between the lines. What is your problem with establishing a recycle factory in Abia. There's one thing that you disgruntled critics of Abia should take note, the state governor is determined to take the state to a greater height, that's why you see project work going on in the state like never before. Also for your information, the plant will be sited in Abia. Abia youths of course will be gainfully employed. If the Oyibo man feel say the scrap waste will be transported abroad, fine. At least revenue will be made from its sale

IT IS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOY THAT THE WHITES CAN COME INTO NIGERIA, DO/TAKE ANYTHING THEY LIKE, AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

For your mind you have seen a messiah, abi?
They are coming to do you good?
I bet you're also warming up to be among those that will be employed to pick up the dirt from the streets, hand them over to them, and get paid chicken change.

Congratulations.

I only hope your government isn't as gullible as you are. READ if you know how to.

Do not just HEAR PROPOSALS presented to you. READ THEM. That's why you were sent to school.

Change your mentality too. You sound like a beggar ready to pick up crumbs handed to you by the 'white man'.

Do not be a beggar in your father's land.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Bastiger(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2012
[quote

author=chiomen]
I think you yourself need to read in between the lines. What is your
problem with establishing a recycle factory in Abia. There's one thing
that you disgruntled critics of Abia should take note, the state
governor is determined to take the state to a greater height, that's why
you see project work going on in the state like never before. Also for
your information, the plant will be sited in Abia. Abia youths of course
will be gainfully employed. If the Oyibo man feel say the scrap waste
will be transported abroad, fine. At least revenue will be made from its
sale[/quote]

Why are people so gullible?are you from Abia state?if yes i am left with
no option than to conclude that you are one of T A orji's sycophants
and praise singers.now tell what greater height is mr orji taking Abia
state?or is he rather dragging Abia deeper into the abyss of
hopelessness.Jesus!!! "project work going on in the state like never
before"....where?!where??!!where!!! I ask In Abia?do not come out
here and say what you don't know.you should be able to substantiate
every information before you comment on it unless of course you are one
of T A's goons.since you and your taskmaster have decided to bring this state
down,everybody will go down together.shameless man who cannot even rule
his house.
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by ypzilanti: 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2012
HAHAHHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHA

Ol boy, make laugh no kill me here,oh. (wiping a laugh tear from my eye).

T.A. Orji! So you are showcasing a company that wants to pack refuse to Germany to process?

Why did they even come to government house, sef? They should just register their company and start packing the refuse.

Let me ask an intelligent question:

So refuse has finished in europe? Or Abia refuse is the equvalent of bonny light in crude oil parlance?
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by ypzilanti: 1:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
Me, I want to set up plant to recycle Nigerian politicians in Germany.
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
ironben: #thinking# is this really a win-win situation?? D oyinbo takes out ur garbage, recycle it and ships it to his country free of charge where he will then use it and produce 'new cars'..then a decade or more later, same car gets sold & makes its way into naija as a tokunbo and then the whole process starts all over again.. But like i hinted earlier, it's just my line of thought.

if he leaves the loads of rubbish the govt. Won't do anything. Its more of a riddance to rubbish. What he does with it is his business.
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2012
slimdiggi: The waste alone in aba is enuf to declare a state of emergency

U dey kraz grin grin grin[b][/b]
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
berem: T.A. Orji needs to recycle himself too! Dat guy is a dumba$$!!worst governor as long as abia state is concerned.SMH

Sister me, are u from our side, was scared of u b4, Every part of ur body is a weapon including the one u r holding with ur hand grin grin
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by ypzilanti: 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Sister me, are u from our side, was scared of u b4, Every part of ur body is a weapon including the one u r holding with ur hand grin grin

Wow!...you got me checking that too. Seriously...nice pix. Is that you? shocked
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by harmless011: 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
chiomen:

Can you please point one single project that is going on in Abia state right now, your guys will not cease to amaze me with all this cheap propaganda.
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Wislet(f): 1:49pm On Jul 20, 2012
kkk17: [color=#006600][/color]

if he leaves the loads of rubbish the govt. Won't do anything. Its more of a riddance to rubbish. What he does with it is his business.
Then the Government should bring in a company that is ready to recycle, right there in Abia state. Kill 2 birds with a stone: empower the youth and at the same time clean up the state.

If the Nigerian govenment were serious, recycling shouldn't be a big issue with us by now.

Every state should have been doing that.
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
FUK T.A ORji.
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Abagworo(m): 2:11pm On Jul 20, 2012
Next is the 500 billion Dollar "Sab Miller" waste recycling plant to be commissioned by Jonathan as Governments achievement. Maybe when Abagworo builds his 700billion Euro "Sab Miller" marble processing industry in Ebonyi, Jonathan will commission it as Elechi's achievement.
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by Eziachi: 2:13pm On Jul 20, 2012
Abia waste, is that another name for Theodore Orji? How quick can the recycle plant be?
Re: Plan To Recycle Abia’s Wastes Underway by ulonnaya21: 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
harmless011:

Can you please point one single project that is going on in Abia state right now, your guys will not cease to amaze me with all this cheap propaganda.
You must be a fool to be talking about pointing out a single project work going on in Abia. Dey dia na. When Abia don reach wia e dey go, na people like u go come out say na from Abia dem com from. Dey dia na

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is The Best South-east Governor in terms of Delivery? / Nigerians Top Farm's Owned By Politicians / Do You Remember The National Advert ... "I'm Checking Out"- Andrew?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.