Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,125 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians (4734 Views)

FG Moves To Acquire 10 Per Cent Equity Of INTELS / What Forensic Audit Report Of NNPC Revealed (SUMMARIZED VERSION) / Jonathan Orders Immediate Release Of Report Of Forensic Audit Of NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Pergrace: 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
Under the bill, the government is offering 30 per cent equity to Nigerians in the unbundled Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Another major provision of the bill sent to the lawmakers on Wednesday is the government’s decision to ensure total deregulation of the downstream sector.

According to a copy of the bill obtained last night by our correspondent, the new agencies that will emerge from NNPC, three months after the bill is signed into law, are National Oil Company, National Petroleum Assets Management Corporation, and National Gas Company.

Nigerians and other investors will have the opportunity to own 30 per cent shares in the National Oil Company and 40 per cent in National Oil Gas Company.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/54560-govt-scraps-dpr-pppra.html

I WONDER THE NIGERIANS THAT WILL GET THIS 30%?
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by tonyx4x44(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2012
Share of the national moi-moi?
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by brownlord: 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pergrace:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/54560-govt-scraps-dpr-pppra.html

Lol, my broder no bother, they done buy am finish before they publish am
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Aikayy: 1:32pm On Jul 20, 2012
That's great! I just hope the IPO is made public, cos I wld love to buy some!
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by inspirenet: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
Aikayy: That's great! I just hope the IPO is made public, cos I wld love to buy some!

smiley
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by warrior01: 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2012
Aikayy: That's great! I just hope the IPO is made public, cos I wld love to buy some!
wise man
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Jidefido(m): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
this is amazing.trust them,they will sell the 30% to themselves. its not going to be for ordinary people even if we can afford them,the cabal will hijack the whole cut....no be Naija we dey abi we don change country ni
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
Good news! Until then sha. . .
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by ebamma(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
another opportunity of looting has been opened for our politicians
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by AZeD1(m): 1:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
No comment
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by antsut(m): 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pergrace:

You and me. Is it not worth taking the risk?
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Olaone1: 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
Bollocks!
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by playboy19(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
warrior01:
wise man

More like a dreamer to me...lol Where you go see ham buy? For idunmota or Jankara? Sit down there dey wait for the IPO. You think sey the 30% dey enough for the legislooters sef? Not to talk of you, down down down the food-chain... Why would any Nigerian law-maker fight for some shiit like that? Cos they so like nigerians? Want you to have a cut from the National cake? No way. Dem don share ham finish tey tey.

I no mean to diss you but just stating the fact. That iish wont get to you and I, so just try buy equity in Nairaland if that is open.
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by miteolu(m): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
brownlord:

Lol, my broder no bother, they done buy am finish before they publish am

You are right. even 100% already sold. First Big Man to come with negotiable bribe
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Olaone1: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
Obasanjo promised you guys something similar, innit?

Some of you are easy to hoodwink.

So, you expect them to sell NNPC to every Tom? You'd better come off it undecided
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Afolabs101: 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2012

Really? You want to invest in one of the most corrupt corporations in Nigeria?? All that debt and reckless spending

I think they will sell the 30% to themselves, get some Board appointments and continue with the "chop chop" undecided
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by edicolove: 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2012
Fools will keep ranting on NL while the wise will look out for the opportunity to invest. It will surely be made public. It is a matter of law and there is already full transparency in the process. Get involved and dont loose out.
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Olaone1: 2:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
edicolove: Fools will keep ranting on NL while the wise will look out for the opportunity to invest. It will surely be made public. It is a matter of law and there is already full transparency in the process. Get involved and dont loose out.

You are nothing but a dork! You skank!

1 Like

Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by wyt(m): 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
edicolove: Quote Post
Fools will keep ranting on NL while the wise will look out for the opportunity to invest. It will surely be made public. It is a matter of law and there is already full transparency in the process. Get involved and dont loose out.
15. Afolabs101: Quote Post

yeah you got it right, it is going to be pure business like, if any one can buyer any IPO same can buy this. good move!!!!!!!!
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by linearity: 2:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
Jide fido: this is amazing.trust them,they will sell the 30% to themselves. its not going to be for ordinary people even if we can afford them,the cabal will hijack the whole cut....no be Naija we dey abi we don change country ni

They 'will sell' abi dem don sell am finish b4 they announce am to the the public....
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by madjune(m): 2:10pm On Jul 20, 2012
10% to GEJ, 10% to Deziani and 10% to Aruma Oteh, that is, once she resumes. E don finish naa. No be Nigerians buy am?
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by billante(m): 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
Nairaland and their monkey attitude! Make una dey there dey doubt, while ur fellow young entrepreneurs will be buying into d company...that's how una doubted the youwin program and at d end of d day so many of ur fellow nairalanders with no Godfather got d grants.

Whenever an ipo comes up at d nigeria stock exchange everybody is allowed to buy as long as u buy earlier! Its a first come first buy basis...d worst dat will happen is dat there will be over subscription and in dat case it is either they absorb d excess funds or return back d money to late subscribers! In most cases they absorb d money and inject d fund into new projects...if 30% was worth 1billion dollars it will now be worth 1.5 or 2 billion dollars....beside nnpc needs lot of money to develop new projects.

So u guys should just stop being stupid for once.
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Pergrace: 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
antsut: You and me. Is it not worth taking the risk?

I say a big amen to that.. grin

1 Like

Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by ifihearam: 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
billante: Nairaland and their monkey attitude! Make una dey there dey doubt, while ur fellow young entrepreneurs will be buying into d company...that's how una doubted the youwin program and at d end of d day so many of ur fellow nairalanders with no Godfather got d grants.

Whenever an ipo comes up at d nigeria stock exchange everybody is allowed to buy as long as u buy earlier! Its a first come first buy basis...d worst dat will happen is dat there will be over subscription and in dat case it is either they absorb d excess funds or return back d money to late subscribers! In most cases they absorb d money and inject d fund into new projects...if 30% was worth 1billion dollars it will now be worth 1.5 or 2 billion dollars....beside nnpc needs lot of money to develop new projects.

Really?
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Pergrace: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2012
madjune: 10% to GEJ, 10% to Deziani and 10% to Aruma Oteh, that is, once she resumes. E don finish naa. No be Nigerians buy am?

What about the senators that will approved it ni?
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by ypzilanti: 2:33pm On Jul 20, 2012
IPO if they are serious. Most likely, them go do Government Magic as usual.
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by playboy19(m): 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
billante: Nairaland and their monkey attitude! Make una dey there dey doubt, while ur fellow young entrepreneurs will be buying into d company...that's how una doubted the youwin program and at d end of d day so many of ur fellow nairalanders with no Godfather got d grants.

Excuse moi sir, which planet are you from? Well, i believe as a shrewd investor, you must first do a thorough dissection of the company you're investing in, then next is to calculate your risk (Risk Assesment), then next is determine for how long you want to hold on to your investment... Please, it will be kind of you if you could do us all the favor of publishing NNPC's success profile and why it is wise to invest in them in terms of risk?

I believe it'd be utterly dummb of anyone to invest in any company just because of the name, NNPC in this case. Please list out the names of the Directors and their credibility and then the company's balance sheet (Shiit), if you have access to that. That way, we'd all be able to judge who is being stup[i]i[/i]d here.
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Afolabs101: 2:41pm On Jul 20, 2012

A company can allocate all or part of their offering to potential investors chosen by them. The bill says NNPC will sell 30% to Nigerians, that may be three Nigerians or three hundred. It is at NNPC's discretion.

You can not call people stupid for being skeptical, we were told of a N2 trillion fraud last year that primarily involves NNPC. Do you think there is suddenly going to be transparency?
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by playboy19(m): 2:50pm On Jul 20, 2012
Afolabs101:

A company can allocate all or part of their offering to potential investors chosen by them. The bill says NNPC will sell 30% to Nigerians, that may be three Nigerians or three hundred. It is at NNPC's discretion.

You can not call people stupid for being skeptical, we were told of a N2 trillion fraud last year that primarily involves NNPC. Do you think there is suddenly going to be transparency?

He prolly must have forgotten that some of us actually work so hard to make our money.

@billant, it is More important to keep what you already have, than making more. One of the easiest things in this our world is loosing your money and going broke. I doubt you have ever experience the sting of PAIN that comes with that.
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by Eniolajoseph: 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
grin, lafs! They don't mind buying all of it to themselves, i bet u, that 30 percent is a reward 2 some loyalist, if not, then some major financer of the upcoming election... Lets watch if any normal Nigerian go c am buy..
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by billante(m): 3:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
playboy19:

Excuse moi sir, which planet are you from? Well, i believe as a shrewd investor, you must first do a thorough dissection of the company you're investing in, then next is to calculate your risk (Risk Assesment), then next is determine for how long you want to hold on to your investment... Please, it will be kind of you if you could do us all the favor of publishing NNPC's success profile and why it is wise to invest in them in terms of risk?

I believe it'd be utterly dummb of anyone to invest in any company just because of the name, NNPC in this case. Please list out the names of the Directors and their credibility and then the company's balance sheet (Shiit), if you have access to that. That way, we'd all be able to judge who is being stup[i]i[/i]d here.

Let me ask u a question! So if u are given an opportunity to buy into NNPC u will hesitate about it Pls dnt make me call u dumb!
Re: 30% Equity Of NNPC To Be Sold To Nigerians by billante(m): 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
Afolabs101:

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC; GMB/OSINBAJO 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION MANIFESTO / PHOTOS: Nigeria Police Assigned To Protect PDP Posters / Ekiti Crisis: 50 Shops, Two Houses Burnt On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.