Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892609 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2017
luvinhubby:

Camshaft sensor - confirm with a scan.

Gear range switch - see pix
. Allright boss.. Wud tell him so.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mikylon(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2017
honmusa:

You car is pinging /detonation .Pinging is due to uneven combustion of air fuel mixture and resulting to spontaneous explosion which is the engine grinding noice u are getting.
Resolve the mixture issue and the grinding noice will go away !!

thanks for the info bro. I would look into it
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolexty(m): 5:49pm On Sep 06, 2017
Honda experts in the house, i greet y'all. I have a Honda Accord euro manual tranny, 2003 model. After I changed the engine the car has been giving me issues, it started few months after change of engine. The car goes into limpmode, it doesn't rev above 3000rpm. After scan it threw the following codes:

P1157 O2 sensor bank1 sensor 1
P0141. O2 Sensor Heater Bank 1 Sensor 2
P2135 HONDA - Throttle Position Sensor 'A'/'B' Voltage Incorrect Correlation.

I have changed MAP sensor, all available throttle body and pedal sensor. An Electrician has checked all wiring, tightened all loosed connections and all fuses checked. Infact a lot has been done on the car yet no solution, the problem still persist. I haven't changed the ECU though. Please I need expert advice
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
Coolexty:
Honda experts in the house, i greet y'all. I have a Honda Accord euro manual tranny, 2003 model. After I changed the engine the car has been giving me issues, it started few months after change of engine. The car goes into limpmode, it doesn't rev above 3000rpm. After scan it threw the following codes:

I have changed MAP sensor, all available throttle body and pedal sensor. An Electrician has checked all wiring, tightened all loosed connections and all fuses checked. Infact a lot has been done on the car yet no solution, the problem still persist. I haven't changed the ECU though. Please I need expert advice

4 Cylinder or V6 engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by osato45: 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2017
Honda dw1 transmission oil one litre (4 units)
Honda 5w 20 engine oil one litre (5 units)
Honda oil filter 1 unit

Received in Benin
Thanks Luvinhubby

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolexty(m): 10:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
luvinhubby:

4 Cylinder or V6 engine?

Oga boss it's a 4 cylinder.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zeekleo(m): 9:02am On Sep 07, 2017
please how does one prevent/ stop the pulling of honda leg once and for all ...just had one today even though my mechanic checked it on monday
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 10:16am On Sep 07, 2017
zeekleo:
please how does one prevent/ stop the pulling of honda leg once and for all ...just had one today even though my mechanic checked it on monday

Buy original OEM ball joint either toks or brand new.
Honda has two ball joints in each front wheel. Upper arm ball joint and lower arm ball joint.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:17am On Sep 07, 2017
zeekleo:

If he did, then why? May have left a bolt slacked after he 'checked'.

Annual replacement of suspension parts (c.v joints, ball joints, tie-rod ends and upper control arms). Make sure you get genuine parts.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:18am On Sep 07, 2017
Coolexty:

Oga boss it's a 4 cylinder.
Either you replace your rocker arm and/or the complete throttle body.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by cosd(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2017
luvinhubby:

Pls do u have a reliable toyota dealer too...like u
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zeekleo(m): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
luvinhubby:

If he did, then why? May have left a bolt slacked after he 'checked'.

Annual replacement of suspension parts (c.v joints, ball joints, tie-rod ends and upper control arms). Make sure you get genuine parts.

ok
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolexty(m): 1:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
luvinhubby:

I have replace complete throttle body including the pedal sensor. Which one is the rocker arm?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lighthousearc: 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
Hi nairalanders, please i want to buy a 2010 Acura TL Push to Start, 3.5 V6 car. I would appreciate if the automobile gurus can help me and give me tips if it's a good buy or not. I would like to know the common problems and maintenance cost or whatever tips.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by scarr: 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2017
kingreign:

Buy original OEM ball joint either toks or brand new.
Honda has two ball joints in each front wheel. Upper arm ball joint and lower arm ball joint.

Baba O! I still dey wait you o
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zeekleo(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2017
how much is Catalytic Converter for honda odyssey 2001?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by blendz4real(m): 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2017
Greetings all,
Pls recently my radiator plastic unit i.e the unit where the cover fits on, would always break and cause water leakage and subsequent over heating. (Honda Accord babyboy). The mechanics here said I should change the radiator to double cell since fan and water pump are okay.
Pls I need advice from our experts.
Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolexty(m): 10:51pm On Sep 07, 2017
Coolexty:

Update: I have changed the ECU to a new one and the car rev past 3000rpm but the problem the ECU had is difficulty in starting the engine. I scanned the car again with the new ECU installed, the P2135 (Throttle Position Sensor 'A'/'B' Voltage Incorrect Correlation) code disappeared but the O2 sensor code was still there.

I think the new ECU installed doesn't have cold start (from my native sense). I honestly can't find a matching ECU after searching all available parts market in my locality.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
blendz4real:
Greetings all,
Pls recently my radiator plastic unit i.e the unit where the cover fits on, would always break and cause water leakage and subsequent over heating. (Honda Accord babyboy). The mechanics here said I should change the radiator to double cell since fan and water pump are okay.
Pls I need advice from our experts.
Thank you

Replace radiator, double o, single o, same thing, just ensure you have a thermostat.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolgent(m): 11:50pm On Sep 07, 2017
ehizario2012:
Greetings to you all, you guys have been wonderful on this thread. Wish I got to see this thread before buying my manual naija-used honda bullet tiger face last week.

My observations so far with the bullet:

1. Car vibrates once I enter an express road and try to accelerate moderately. The mecahanc I took it to said the engine is perfect but I need to change upper arm, shaft, tie-rod, timing... I did all that but I still feel the car vibrate, I'm gradually getting afraid of accelerating now.
2. The car has been raised and the absorber spring is slightly bent (like forcefully pushed up.) Could this be the cause of the persistent vibration after I've spent so much money repairing the wheels?
3. The ABS light is always on.
4. I bought a new battery, 75AH and it died overnight. I got a rewire to locate the fault, all to no avail. I have to been removing a battery terminal once I intend parking for long.
5. The clutch pedal is not on the same level with gas and brake. It is much higher and hard when I press it.
6. I've always heard honda bullet don't consume excessive fuel, but I've been using like 10 litres for 25km... Is that normal?
7. The car jerks when I start from rest position.

I apologise for my long post, please forgive me. I need all forms of advice on how to enjoy this car, I'm getting fed up and thinking of selling it off ASAP.

Its my first personal car.

Thank you.
10ltrs per 25km chai!
I nrmly get 80km per 10ltrs on my accord 2005.
Anyway Oga Gazzuzz will do the needful
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolgent(m): 12:28am On Sep 08, 2017
stinville:
Hello house. There is this device i saw on facebook the other day where one can connect it to your car and using your Android phone, scan your car via Bluetooth . Does anyone use it here? Does it work like they claim?
I have been using it for the past 9months, i tried it on c240, accord 03/07, 406, 307, corolla 2010.
Am still using it to check for diagnose any fault.
NB: i bought from Konga

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bzion1: 10:02am On Sep 08, 2017
Coolgent:

10ltrs per 25km chai!
I nrmly get 80km per 10ltrs on my accord 2005.
Anyway Oga Gazzuzz will do the needful
@coolgent is ur car a v6 or 4cylinda?
Cos my v6 04EOD does 80-85km per 10ltrs witout ac(city)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by waledeji(m): 12:55pm On Sep 08, 2017
bzion1:
Pls am a starter and I want to buy an EOD 2004 fairly used. The car is neat and the engine is good . Pls should I go for it? W
Meanwhile I have another option of Toyota big daddy with same price. Which one should I go for pls
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2017
waledeji:

Pls am a starter and I want to buy an EOD 2004 fairly used. The car is neat and the engine is good . Pls should I go for it? W
Meanwhile I have another option of Toyota big daddy with same price. Which one should I go for pls

If the engine fires well & the transmission selecting well, go for the EOD.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolgent(m): 6:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
waledeji:

Well let me summarise it this way...
EOD= luxury
Big daddy = economy
Since both vehicles are fairly use my advice is take a pro/mechanic who will diagnose the two vehicles for u before u make a decision.
I dont knw much about big daddy but as for EOD i have been drivin it for some time; 80km per 10ltrs (city drivin with ac)
And 100km per 10ltrs highway driving with ac.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolgent(m): 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2017
bzion1:
4Cylinders
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolgent(m): 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2017
bzion1:
Ok.
4cylinders
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by waledeji(m): 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2017
Coolgent:

Well let me summarise it this way...
EOD= luxury
Big daddy = economy
Since both vehicles are fairly use my advice is take a pro/mechanic who will diagnose the two vehicles for u before u make a decision.
I dont knw much about big daddy but as for EOD i have been drivin it for some time; 80km per 10ltrs (city drivin with ac)
And 100km per 10ltrs highway driving with ac.
Thanks so much, I so much love EOD but my guys were discouraging me that I shouldn't use it for a start, that I should go for gold or Nissan. I'm confused really
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Coolgent(m): 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2017
waledeji:

Thanks so much, I so much love EOD but my guys were discouraging me that I shouldn't use it for a start, that I should go for gold or Nissan. I'm confused really
Dont mind them follow your heart shikenan.
I will go for Honda than nissan/golf anytime any day
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bzion1: 6:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
waledeji:

though av neva used a Toyota bt sincerely I wud recommend an Eod(one in gud condition) anytime anyday. After buying mine I had to do sum little fixing Wch m sure ws abit lil more xpensive compared to doin same to a toyota,bt after dat av done virtually notin to d car nd it's been a joy to me...comfort,reliability nd mid-level luxury(compared to bigdaddy)...
So bro if it's sound pls go for it...
Ps: always use original eom nd oils
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by waledeji(m): 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2017
bzion1:
though av neva used a Toyota bt sincerely I wud recommend an Eod(one in gud condition) anytime anyday. After buying mine I had to do sum little fixing Wch m sure ws abit lil more xpensive compared to doin same to a toyota,bt after dat av done virtually notin to d car nd it's been a joy to me...comfort,reliability nd mid-level luxury(compared to bigdaddy)...
So bro if it's sound pls go for it...
Ps: always use original eom nd oils

Thanks bro
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by waledeji(m): 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2017
Coolgent:

Dont mind them follow your heart shikenan.
I will go for Honda than nissan/golf anytime any day
Bros check this one out. I saw this one olx and is 800k last

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.