Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (894059 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
sholadele4:
I hail all the autopros in the house. I have an issue with my Honda civic 2003. I had to change the gear about 4 months ago after the factory-fitted gear failed. The car seemed to be working fine until yesterday, when the car stopped moving fast. It seems stuck in gear 1. I had earlier run a routine scan 2 days before this issue came up and the codes that came up are P0141, P0128 and P1457. I have scan it again since the issue came up but the codes remain the same. Kindly help out and fear of another gear replacement do begin dey catch me already. Thank you all

None of the codes is gear related.

Scan again and make sure the D light blinks before you do so.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pix1- Original ATF-DWI.

Notice the batch code at the reverse side of the can.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2018
Gurus in the house pls come to my aid. Ever since i replaced my back windscreen, my accord has turned to a pool whenever it rains. Water gathers in the driver's floorboard and the back passenger's floorboard behind the driver's seat. Where could all the water be calling from? Pls help
Cc: luvinhubby
Gazzuzz
thebestprice
Inze
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
soonest:
Gurus in the house pls come to my aid. Ever since i replaced my back windscreen, my accord has turned to a pool whenever it rains. Water gathers in the driver's floorboard and the back passenger's floorboard behind the driver's seat. Where could all the water be calling from? Pls help
Cc: luvinhubby
Gazzuzz
thebestprice
Inze

Poor job done when the wind screen was fixed. Get a professional on that field to have it done properly. Another pointer is were the drianges chanelled properly
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2018
luvinhubby:
Pix1- Original ATF-DWI.

Notice the batch code at the reverse side of the can.

Post same pix for fake as well
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:53pm On Apr 09, 2018
soonest:
Cc: luvinhu.bby
Gazzu.zz
thebe.stprice
In.ze

Remove Windshield and reinstall,
but this time don't move the car for 6hrs.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kposkila: 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pls house kindly help with correct timing belt spec for Honda CR-V 2008
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
mayor2013:

Post same pix for fake as well

The fake pix

Note the absence of the batch code at the bottom of the can
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 9:04pm On Apr 09, 2018
luvinhubby:

The fake pix

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 11:24pm On Apr 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

It was removed and restalled by another recommended guy and i drove it home, it has not been moved again since then.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 11:28pm On Apr 09, 2018
mayor2013:

Poor job done when the wind screen was fixed. Get a professional on that field to have it done properly. Another pointer is were the drianges chanelled properly
I'm at my wit end. They have done this job twice yet the problem persists. Hoping the guy knows to locate the drainages and channel it properly.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:51pm On Apr 09, 2018
soonest:

It was removed and restalled by another recommended guy and i drove it home, it has not been moved again since then.

you don find trouble again

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jazzlite: 6:31am On Apr 10, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Hey Oga I can only leave it for 30 minutes. Is that sufficient with a very good and original gum?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 9:08am On Apr 10, 2018
luvinhubby:

The fake pix

Note the absence of the batch code at the bottom of the can

my Oga since when have those cans been having these batch codes? Is it more than a year ago? did they have them in 2006?

oh my lord!! I hope I haven’t bought Dextron in DW1 package shocked
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:22am On Apr 10, 2018
mayor2013:

Will do that soon, all the pix i have of them are above 4mb.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:25am On Apr 10, 2018
lilkech:

my Oga since when have those cans been having these batch codes? Is it more than a year ago? did they have them in 2006?

Since it was introduced in 2011.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lilkech(m): 9:56am On Apr 10, 2018
luvinhubby:

blood of God!!! shocked

my gearbox ehh!!! cry
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jerome84(m): 12:54pm On Apr 14, 2018
luvinhubby:

Good day sir, the top of my EOD 2003 Engine block is chopped, please what can you advice to that regard.
Mechanic gave me 2 options which are

(1) buying another block

(2) buying a complete Engine.

Positive responses are welcome.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2018
jerome84:

Good day sir, the top of my EOD 2003 Engine block is chopped, please what can you advice to that regard.
Mechanic gave me 2 options which are

(1) buying another block

(2) buying a complete Engine.

Positive responses are welcome.

Do you mean the upper part of your engine or the upper face of your engine block?

If it is the former, you can replace it but if it is the later, you have to buy another engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whiteboyswag: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2018
Mobil 5w20 for ur honda cars are available is large quantity. Call 09099109710
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 11:55am On Apr 15, 2018
lilkech:

Some earlier ones didn't have those batch numbers. If you go on Amazon you will see some that don't still show the numbers.
I use to have some genuine cans straight from the US which didn't have those numbers. However, the last time I was in the market for some, I noticed all genuine ones had it. Some of the fake ones have a hard bottle; the plastic is not as supple as the OEM. I have also coded the smell of the OEM cheesy. These fraudsters will stop at nothing
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:11pm On Apr 15, 2018
Piyke:

Some earlier ones didn't have those batch numbers. If you go on Amazon you will see some that don't still show the numbers.
I use to have some genuine cans straight from the US which didn't have those numbers. However, the last time I was in the market for some, I noticed all genuine ones had it. Some of the fake ones have a hard bottle; the plastic is not as supple as the OEM. I have also coded the smell of the OEM cheesy. These fraudsters will stop at nothing

That's the way o!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2018
Good afternoon Mr. Luvinhubby

Was directed to you by oga Gazzuz.

Got a used Honda Accord 2005 Euro spec. The remote key didn't come with the car. Last owner said it got damaged.

Went to get a new key. Engine starts but the key doesn't remotely lock and unlock the door.

The guy who programmed the key said a sensor in the key is missing and as such the whole ignition needs to be replaced.

Kindly advise.

Regards
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by laytoshtwo: 4:48pm On Apr 15, 2018
I am thinking of buying Honda Accord 2007,How reliable is the car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

That's the way o!

Any can you open to smell the content, you Don buy be dat oo.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2018
luvinhubby:

Any can you open to smell the content, you Don buy be dat oo.

I no e buy 1. Before I buy the cartons,
we go agree to open one or I waka grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2018
Vbabs:

Got a used Honda Accord 2005 Euro spec. The remote key didn't come with the car. Last owner said it got damaged.

Went to get a new key. Engine starts but the key doesn't remotely lock and unlock the door.

The guy who programmed the key said a sensor in the key is missing and as such the whole ignition needs to be replaced.

Kindly advise.

Regards

Luvinhubby,
Still await your response to this sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:53am On Apr 16, 2018
Vbabs:

Kindly advise.

Regards

Are you sure the remote control buttons are okay?

Does the tiny blue light on the remote come on when you press the buttons, if so, then there is an issue with the receptor sensor attached to the central lock that works the remote.

May have to bring down the vehicle.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2018
Piyke:

The cans for the OEM ones are made out of recycled materials, the reason it is softer than the China ones made of synthetic materials.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jerome84(m): 11:36am On Apr 16, 2018
luvinhubby:

Do you mean the upper part of your engine or the upper face of your engine block?

If it is the former, you can replace it but if it is the later, you have to buy another engine.

The upper face of the Engine block sir.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2018
jerome84:

The upper face of the Engine block sir.

Buy another engine

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.