Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (895787 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Structuralman: 4:39pm On Apr 27, 2018
soonest:

Where exactly was your leak coming from?
The back windscreen has been reinstalled, the sunroof drain has been unplugged yet the leak continues. The car has been taken to a car wash and thoroughly soaked yet we couldnt trace the point of leak. I'm at my wit end now.

The leak was coming from an unnoticeable part of the front windshield and the water somehow flowed to the back seats making the place where the back passengers put their feet full of water. It really takes patience for a mechanic to locate the leak. But trust me, from what you have described, the leak is surely from one or more of your windows/windshields.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Chartey(m): 8:29pm On Apr 27, 2018
People please o.

1.) How can a P1519 (Idle Air Control Valve) error in a Honda baby boy be fixed?

2.) Please what can be responsible for warmth coming from the engine/under the dashboard when driving?

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by walestega(m): 12:47pm On Apr 28, 2018
Afternoon, I once had an experience close to this after washing my engine (2007 Accord) at a car wash. Water must have gotten to some sensors and electrical contacts. It took a couple of days for my car to normalize after washing the engine. My car engine went off while driving and wouldn't start, at times it wouldn't rev above 3rpm. I changed my kick starter during this period. Before you start changing parts I would advise you allow the engine and electrical contacts/components dry properly. Check your coils and plugs also if water got there.

laithanman:

Thanks boss

The power loss thing started after I steam washed then engine.
It started with engine misfiring which my mechanic advised I change the spark plugs and did some setting on it. It then stabilizes but looses power climbing hill. It difficult climbing hill that it doesn't kickdown to speed up but stays in that particular gear and drags up d hill
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2018
Structuralman:

The leak was coming from an unnoticeable part of the front windshield and the water somehow flowed to the back seats making the place where the back passengers put their feet full of water. It really takes patience for a mechanic to locate the leak. But trust me, from what you have described, the leak is surely from one or more of your windows/windshields.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your response.
It really takes patience indeed. This is one of the most annoying things i have had to deal with.
I will have them check the front windscreen and the caul close by. The door gasket has been checked, no wear and tear and it still fits tightly.
God should help me o
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dcole73: 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2018
laithanman:

Please let me know if i am wrong.

1. The TPS is the one on the throttle body.
2. the Camshaft sensor is the one on the left side of the engine on the cylinder head
3. The thermostat sensor is the one at the bottom of the Radiator (I checked this and the wire has been cut off)
4. The O2 sensor in on the exhaust pipe under the car ( the wire too has been disconnected).

Thank you for the support.

O2 sensor in exhaust pipe, probably right
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Zane2point4(m): 7:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
davodyguy:

Update on this.

It only cost N2000 to fix.

Just learn from what happened, so you know what to do.

The owner drove the car to car wash on Thursday and the engine was washed.
Some parts not properly covered and alternator got penetrated by water.

A fuse in the fuse box was blown.

Fuse replaced and all these
P0340 Camshaft Position A sensor circuit
P0443 evaporative emission system purge control valve
Disappeared.

Left with only P0141 O2 sensor Bank 1

The sensor wire pulled completely and sensor needs to be replaced completely

Good evening bro, i noticed you mentioned about the same car model i wanted to buy by month end.
pls can you advice me on this model before i make my choice (2008 honda accord v6) as i haven't use any honda product before.

Is it a good buy?

how about the cost of spare parts?

is it fuel efficient?

i also noticed that in sites like Olx and jiji the prices of a Nigerian used 2008 honda accord is cheaper than the toyota of the same model say( 2008 Toyota camry). what could be the reason for this.
Thanks in anticipation.

cc gazzuzz

luvinhubby

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2018
Zane2point4:

Good evening bro, i noticed you mentioned about the same car model i wanted to buy by month end.
pls can you advice me on this model before i make my choice (2008 honda accord v6) as i haven't use any honda product before.

Is it a good buy?

is it fuel efficient?

i also noticed that in sites like Olx and jiji the prices of a Nigerian used 2008 honda accord is cheaper than the toyota of the same model say( 2008 Toyota camry). what could be the reason for this.
Thanks in anticipation.

cc gazzuzz

luvinhubby

Do not buy it, I repeat do not buy it,
Nig used or toks, do not buy the V6.

I will not respond to the question why.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Zane2point4(m): 8:19pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Do not buy it, I repeat do not buy it, Nig used or toks, do not buy the V6.
I will not respond to the question why.
i swear fear don catch me already.
does it mean the i4 engine is better?
thanks, still waiting for your reply.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:26pm On Apr 29, 2018
Zane2point4:

i swear fear don catch me already.

does it mean the i4 engine is better?

thanks, still waiting for your reply.

I will rather use the word "less sensitive or not as Fragile" then I will push in "less expensive engine/transmission"
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Zane2point4(m): 8:30pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

I will rather use the word "less sensitive or not as Fragile" then I will push in "less expensive engine/transmission"
my work schedule don't give me time for long hour maintainance, or are you implying that the honda 08 with the i4 engine is a good buy?

if not i rather rethink, maybe to an 08 Camry.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 8:36pm On Apr 29, 2018
Zane2point4:

Is it a good buy?

is it fuel efficient?

Thanks in anticipation.

cc gazzuzz

luvinhubby
I run away from V6 cause of fuel consumption.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 8:39pm On Apr 29, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

grin. Give him the low down sir grin.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 8:54pm On Apr 29, 2018
Zane2point4:

Is it a good buy?

is it fuel efficient?

Thanks in anticipation.

cc gaz.zuzz

luvin.hubby

Some issues to think about:

1. Rear binding brakes, read more here:https://www.girardgibbs.com/honda-brakes/
2. Excessive oil consumption of the I4, but rather than overhaul engine, check oil regularly and top the oil
Excessive oil consumption of the V6 due to faulty programming from the factory, can be fixed by reprogramming its computer
3. i4 has timing chain, v6 has timing belt, but the timing chain has been known to fail

I could go on and on, but why not find out the rest of the story yourself here: http://m.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2008/engine/

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 9:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
AutoElectNG:

1. Rear binding brakes, read more here:https://www.girardgibbs.com/honda-brakes/
2. Excessive oil consumption of the I4, but rather than overhaul engine, check oil regularly and top the oil
Excessive oil consumption of the V6 due to faulty programming from the factory, can be fixed by reprogramming its computer
3. i4 has timing chain, v6 has timing belt, but the timing chain has been known to fail

I could go on and on, but why not find out the rest of the story yourself here: http://m.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2008/engine/

Am yet to see number 3 personally fail.but on the v6 heard some unpleasant noises right in the engine. But who knows can't judge just from one out of the numerous

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 9:08pm On Apr 29, 2018
mayor2013:

Am yet to see number 3 personally fail.but on the v6 heard some unpleasant noises right in the engine. But who knows can't judge just from one out of the numerous

You just added 4. Engine noises!

Some reputable player in the industry says to avoid it like the plague in any configuration...terrible verdict
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Zane2point4(m): 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2018
AutoElectNG:

thanks so much, indeed insightful .
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2018
Zane2point4:

thanks so much, indeed insightful .

In the interest of balance, also check this out, after all many of those cars are still on the road

https://www.samarins.com/reviews/accord_08.html

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2018
AutoElectNG:

I disagree with no. 2 & 3, 4 cylinder has no timing chain issue, the issue the engine has is the Camshaft actuator that normally results in cold start rattlings and I have not heard the 2008 Accord 2.4 engine consuming more oil.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2018
Zane2point4:

Is it a good buy?

is it fuel efficient?

Thanks in anticipation.

cc gazzuzz

luvinhubby

The only low point i know is the expensive nature of the engine coupled with the fact that it does not tolerate blocked catalysts.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 10:50pm On Apr 29, 2018
luvinhubby:

The only low point i know is the expensive nature of the engine coupled with the fact that it does not tolerate blocked catalysts.

This is a frequent problem on it and can lead to complete engine destruction
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by blueblood1(m): 11:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
blueblood1:
Hello house, im new here, and really enjoying the conversations.
Please im considering buying an 03/04/05 naija used honda pilot. But I need honest reviews.
Is it problematic?
Is it fuel efficient, compared to its Toyota or mdx counterparts?
Are the parts available?
Please I need honest reviews, and if anyone in the house, has one for sale, pls holla.

Cheers
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 3:35am On Apr 30, 2018
luvinhubby:

I disagree with no. 2 & 3, 4 cylinder has no timing chain issue, the issue the engine has is the Camshaft actuator that normally results in cold start rattlings and I have not heard the 2008 Accord 2.4 engine consuming more oil.

Thank you for bringing up other issues, I said I would not list them all, I asked the one who raised the question to read up on it.

About the oil consumption thing, Honda itself acknowledged it (Honda Service Bulletin 12-087, CR-V owners reference 12-089.) https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/05/honda-accord-cr-v-warranties-extended-for-excess-oil-consumption/index.htm

The link also tells what causes the problem, which means how one drives may cause it to come to be
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 3:36am On Apr 30, 2018
mayor2013:

This is a frequent problem on it and can lead to complete engine destruction

Can this not be detected on time before it becomes an issue leading to expensive repairs
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 3:43am On Apr 30, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Can this not be detected on time before it becomes an issue leading to expensive repairs

Not everyone knows this. Recently worked on one car still runs very fine. Cat has started detoirating alreadywhen you look closely it took an irregular shape inside
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sooperrescue(m): 5:53am On Apr 30, 2018
luvinhubby:

Make I join una this morning. In all these complaints about the V6, what oil are these owners using? I used to fix Honda cars in Abuja and even though we were using TOTAL Q9000 on them then, there was really no issue with that car. When you guys say, engine is expensive, how much were you expecting it to be sold? Gazzuzz, if you can say that about the evil spirit, then we get problem o because by now, you should have found a solution to these problems. Those complaints from the US are from those that use the dealership. We all know how Honda used to tell us that they dont have the software for US spec cars until guys like you folks started giving them a run for their lies and you will now see Honda Place fixing Acura. In America, they dont have guys like luvinhubby, gazzuzz etc that have excelled against all odds and yet this dem say talk is upsetting.
Let me go jog as una don provoke me this morning

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 6:13am On Apr 30, 2018
sooperrescue:

Make I join una this morning. In all these complaints about the V6, what oil are these owners using? I used to fix Honda cars in Abuja and even though we were using TOTAL Q9000 on them then, there was really no issue with that car. When you guys say, engine is expensive, how much were you expecting it to be sold? Gazzuzz, if you can say that about the evil spirit, then we get problem o because by now, you should have found a solution to these problems. Those complaints from the US are from those that use the dealership. We all know how Honda used to tell us that they dont have the software for US spec cars until guys like you folks started giving them a run for their lies and you will now see Honda Place fixing Acura. In America, they dont have guys like luvinhubby, gazzuzz etc that have excelled against all odds and yet this dem say talk is upsetting.
Let me go jog as una don provoke me this morning

You don dey fat too much wey you no fit enter enter under motor again grin

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Thank you for bringing up other issues, I said I would not list them all, I asked the one who raised the question to read up on it.

About the oil consumption thing, Honda itself acknowledged it (Honda Service Bulletin 12-087, CR-V owners reference 12-089.) https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/05/honda-accord-cr-v-warranties-extended-for-excess-oil-consumption/index.htm

The link also tells what causes the problem, which means how one drives may cause it to come to be

That is trying to blame the vehicle and manufacturer for poor driving and maintenance culture.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by walestega(m): 8:20am On Apr 30, 2018
mayor2013:

Not everyone knows this. Recently worked on one car still runs very fine. Cat has started detoirating alreadywhen you look closely it took an irregular shape inside

Back to the matter. Please enlighten on how to know if the CAT has started going bad. Does it mean one needs to take a look inside?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:20am On Apr 30, 2018
AutoElectNG:

It can, engine loses power and oftentimes mechanics focus on fuel pump, plugs and nozzles, trying to fix the symptoms and it gives this pinging noise when blocked and a rattling noise if blown.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AutoElectNG: 8:57am On Apr 30, 2018
blueblood1

Start your research here http://m.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Pilot/2003/
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sooperrescue(m): 11:30am On Apr 30, 2018
mayor2013:

You don dey fat too much wey you no fit enter enter under motor again grin

Fat ke, that is anger management. I will call Gazzuzz later because he should be a leader in solving problems as per Japs. Like someone stated sometime ago, it is because of guys on cartalk that people are bringing all kind of cars into the country because they know that the indys have improved. Imagine recently, I was asked if I can fix Lamborghini. I asked the man if he has asked me whether I have seen Lamborghini before? I have not seen one and so how can I fix what I have not seen talkless to sit down inside and to move the car go front.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:48am On Apr 30, 2018
sooperrescue:

Fat ke, that is anger management. I will call Gazzuzz later because he should be a leader in solving problems as per Japs. Like someone stated sometime ago, it is because of guys on cartalk that people are bringing all kind of cars into the country because they know that the indys have improved. Imagine recently, I was asked if I can fix Lamborghini. I asked the man if he has asked me whether I have seen Lamborghini before? I have not seen one and so how can I fix what I have not seen talkless to sit down inside and to move the car go front.

dem go soon ask you question for this your statement o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) (155) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.