Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,854 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889229 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by bigwizzy001(m): 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
thebestprice:
for the vibrations , check your engine mounts, there should be three of them. Make sure they are fastened properly. And for the hot air at noon, have the condenser washed properly by an expert, I still suspect leakage , so check the pressure of the gas you just filled , should be around 40psi, anything less is a leakage alert. Also have the AC air filter cleaned 7yrs is alot!!!.

Spot on bro... Thanks a bunch
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sluk(m): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2018
Help please, i drive 02 honda civic with manual gear. my gear 2 does not select. I drive from gear 1 to 3. Gear 2 is stiff.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by limsycutey(f): 1:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
I love honda accord cars (2008 upwards) and i'm thinking of going for a Naija used 2009 model (definitely not V6) cos I can't afford a Tokunbo. Is it a good idea? And what is the average price of a good one? Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Adisaowalla: 2:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
sluk:
Help please, i drive 02 honda civic with manual gear. my gear 2 does not select. I drive from gear 1 to 3. Gear 2 is stiff.

grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sluk(m): 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
Adisaowalla:

grin
why evils na?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by texasbullet(m): 3:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
thebestprice:
texasbullet did you say your car is doing 539km per half tank? I need you reply to continue what I wanna say.

Yea ,
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebestprice(m): 3:34pm On Jun 17, 2018
texasbullet:

Yea ,
how many liters would make it to half tank in your car?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xcitedjay(m): 12:02am On Jun 18, 2018
limsycutey:
I love honda accord cars (2008 upwards) and i'm thinking of going for a Naija used 2009 model (definitely not V6) cos I can't afford a Tokunbo. Is it a good idea? And what is the average price of a good one? Thanks.

1.5m - 2m
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sluk(m): 8:19am On Jun 18, 2018
sluk:

somebody help me na plzzz
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2018
sluk:

Bad clutch cover.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sluk(m): 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
luvinhubby:

Bad clutch cover.

what should i do, cos my mechanic is suggesting i buy a new gear box which isnt a pocket friendly idea.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 19, 2018
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:48am On Jun 20, 2018
Chuwaa:
Guys, my EOD vibrates, I have read the thread and I have vigorously tried to shake my engine and there's no movement. I have previously changed the engine seats before. Recently the vibration intensified especially when turning a corner. A rattling sound comes up from the passenger side dashboard when I put on the AC.
I equally noticed that the passenger side front tire seems to bounce and rattle over bad roads.

What is the solution.....any good automechanic please.

Carry your car to a decent workshop and get all the legs checked out ASAP, smell an avoidable disaster.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sparklespot: 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2018
Hello guys, my Honda civic 2002 refuses to accelerate past 40, it feels like i am dragging something. I had the exhaust patched and fuel pump changed on saturday. It started moving fine with no issues. Only for me to run some errands today and the problem started all over. When i just stopped for 5 mins. It happens whenever i start the car after stopping for a short period of time. Couldnt move past 40. Please help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MerceeD(f): 2:25pm On Jun 22, 2018
Gd day Mr. Luvinhubby please how much is complete exhaust for honda civic 2003 model
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2018
MerceeD:
Gd day Mr. Luvinhubby please how much is complete exhaust for honda civic 2003 model

With catalyst or without?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MerceeD(f): 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2018
luvinhubby:

With catalyst or without?
with catalyst and the sensors
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by laithanman: 9:27am On Jun 25, 2018
Pls gurus in the house.
My HONDA EOD slips to false neutral while in traffic or any terrain that causes me to drive slowly. When I turn off the car and turn it up again the gear picks. It happens like 3 times daily. I scan the car and it these codes in the pics below.

Please which way forward. Can't afford a tranny replacement now oh and I don't want to give it out to a mechanic that will worsen the issue

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 12:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
Milemaster is back on Konga and Jumia.

davodyguy:

Too many fake 5w-20 and 30.

Buy from only trusted source. Since milesmaster folded up, I resigned buying from luvinhubby. Though a little expensive, but rest of mind. 90% are fake
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zelexotunla(m): 4:45pm On Jul 02, 2018
Please to the knowledgeable gurus, kindly advice on the price for Honda hala tokunbo engine and where to get a reliable one. However, my mechanic guy was saying something about "borale" engine. Please is it advisable to consider the type of borale (incomplete) engine or complete engine. Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
zelexotunla:
Please to the knowledgeable gurus, kindly advice on the price for Honda hala tokunbo engine and where to get a reliable one. However, my mechanic guy was saying something about "borale" engine. Please is it advisable to consider the type of borale (incomplete) engine or complete engine. Thank you.

Borale simply means an engine unit without steering pump, throttle body, alternator & distributor. It's okay if you have all those ones working well in your old engine.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jeraw: 9:51am On Jul 04, 2018
Please what is the price of complete engine for Honda Accord 1995 model (Bullet) Also called Honda Ascot Innova
Production 1993–1998
Assembly Swindon, England (HUKM)
Designer Shigeo Ueno (1989)[33]
Body and chassis
Class Mid-size
Body style 4-door sedan
Layout FF layout
Related Rover 600
Powertrain
Engine 1.8 L F18A3 I4

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by arduino: 11:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
Luvinhubby, how much for same number. EOD 2005

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:21am On Jul 06, 2018
arduino:
Luvinhubby, how much for same number. EOD 2005

That is a serial number, the ECU number is on the opposite side, 37820-R..-A..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by arduino: 3:54pm On Jul 06, 2018
luvinhubby:

That is a serial number, the ECU number is on the opposite side, 37820-R..-A..

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by awele186: 7:37pm On Jul 06, 2018
DanteRisande:
Good Day House, please could someone give me general maintainance tips for Honda Civic cars. Like when to change oil, tansmission fluid and the rest, and when to go for general maintainance of the car. I have a Honda Civic 2012.
How much did you get the civic? Has it given you any issues?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Malawian(m): 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
how much for master brake honda element 2004?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by micjaga: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2018
Hi everyone , i drive a 2008 honda accord and when in motion the vsa light pops up on the dashboard and the car doesnt accelerate and i have to park and turn off the engine and when i put it back on the vsa light goes off and car works properly again but pops up later and some issue happens again .. please i would really appreciate any advice
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2018
micjaga:
Hi everyone , i drive a 2008 honda accord and when in motion the vsa light pops up on the dashboard and the car doesnt accelerate and i have to park and turn off the engine and when i put it back on the vsa light goes off and car works properly again but pops up later and some issue happens again .. please i would really appreciate any advice

VSA is your vehicle stability assist. For your 2008 you should have a button to disable this feature. If the you press the button and the light doesn't go off then you have having an issue somewhere. To know the root cause run a scan and post fault error.

Ñ.B: this button is located at the left extreme side covering of the steering column
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Vbabs(m): 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
laithanman:
Pls gurus in the house.
My HONDA EOD slips to false neutral while in traffic or any terrain that causes me to drive slowly. When I turn off the car and turn it up again the gear picks. It happens like 3 times daily. I scan the car and it these codes in the pics below.

Please which way forward. Can't afford a tranny replacement now oh and I don't want to give it out to a mechanic that will worsen the issue

I know that feeling. Its annoying.

I had exactly the same issue last month, my mechanic scanned the transmission, there was no error code. He mentioned that the injector head also has some control over the gear selection system, so he removed one from another Honda for a test. Lo and behold, it solved it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by DukeNija(m): 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
Honda Accord Enthusiast here. I currently use a Hyundai Accent but want to change to a Honda Accord 09. Pls tell me I’m not making a mistake. I can’t afford the toks so I’m buyin a locally used one(V4)

I’ve heard a lot about maintenance cost and I’m a bit worried. Pls advise.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davidtee(m): 11:18am On Jul 14, 2018
Morning house, I use Honda CR-V 2000 model, whenever I select Drive, my drive light use to blink and when this happened the car will not move again, my mechanic said it’s the sensors that are bad which we have changed but I still experience it. Kindly assist urgently sir. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.