Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (891828 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by campnou: 7:05am On Oct 11, 2013
Hi all, i have a Honda Accord 95 and i observe that the temperature indicator rises almost to the red danger point when i maintain 100km/hr for an extensive period of time.

But once i quickly remove my foot from the gas to reduce speed, i then observe a decrease in the temperature indicator once i reduce speed to below 100km/hr.

I can also use my a/c for an extensive road journey at 90km/hr but i have not tried this at 100km/hr.

Please note that I have changed my gasket twice already. What can be the cause of this development?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by uremski(m): 10:30am On Oct 11, 2013
I drive a honda halla, it take abt 2-3 mins b4 it can idle by itself without me throttling. What ccould be the cause?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 9:15am On Oct 13, 2013
For those who do not know the applicable oils for their Honda cars the charts are available on this thread.

These previously unavailable viscosities 5w-20 and 5w-30 can be purchased online @

, www.jumia.com, & www.webmallng.com

and at any of the following physical locations on this website - www.solutionsplusltd.com/where-to-buy/

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by anneki(m): 9:20am On Oct 13, 2013
[img][/img]

1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by arinola2: 8:00am On Oct 18, 2013
Welldone all for the contibutions. Its been a very helpful thread.

I just got a Honda accord 2004 (EX-V6) just about 2 months ago. I have changed my front brake pads 4 times (with different types).
When i got the car in Lagos (Toks), i was adviced to change the front brake disc & all the 4 (front and back) brake pads, which i did before driving it down to Abuja.

But the issue is that the front alloys keep getting stains (black dust-like) which i guess is from the brake pads also when i drive for like 1hr and i apply brakes often - like hot steam comes out of the brake pad/calipper area. I was adviced to change the calipper, someone also said i should change the brake disc again. I want to be sure of what to change before i start spending money to the wrong parts.

Please help.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 5:47pm On Oct 18, 2013
What could be the cause of my car seizing fire? When I throttle the car, it will sound very loud but the car is not moving until after a while. Can someone tell me what is happening?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
arin_ola: Welldone all for the contibutions. Its been a very helpful thread.

I just got a Honda accord 2004 (EX-V6) just about 2 months ago. I have changed my front brake pads 4 times (with different types).
When i got the car in Lagos (Toks), i was adviced to change the front brake disc & all the 4 (front and back) brake pads, which i did before driving it down to Abuja.

But the issue is that the front alloys keep getting stains (black dust-like) which i guess is from the brake pads also when i drive for like 1hr and i apply brakes often - like hot steam comes out of the brake pad/calipper area. I was adviced to change the calipper, someone also said i should change the brake disc again. I want to be sure of what to change before i start spending money to the wrong parts.

Please help.

Bro, it's quite normal to find a bit of dusting on your front alloys after driving for moderate/long distance. However, if the dusting is excessive (as to almost paint your rims black), then, your brake pads are not genuine.

I don't think this has anything to do with the calipers. Just replace the brake pads with original ceramic pads.

turok: What could be the cause of my car seizing fire? When I throttle the car, it will sound very loud but the car is not moving until after a while. Can someone tell me what is happening?

Master, your gearbox is the prime suspect here. You may need to service it, or have an expert assess it at the very least.

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 6:51pm On Oct 18, 2013
Thanks but someone told me to check my plugs or the fuel pump........

Master, your gearbox is the prime suspect here. You may need to service it, or have an expert assess it at the very least.

Cheers![/quote]
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 7:01pm On Oct 18, 2013
turok: Thanks but someone told me to check my plugs or the fuel pump........

Cheers!

If it's one or more of your plugs, your car may not idle smoothly OR when you accelerate, you won't hear a smooth sound.

If it is your fuel pump failing, in addition to stalling on motion, the sound made by your car while accelerating gradually dies off (in spite of the depressed throttle). Have you noticed any of these?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
I have noticed that when I am accelerating, the car will gradually stop until I park and start the engine again in spite of the throttling.........

nas 00:

If it's one or more of your plugs, your car may not idle smoothly OR when you accelerate, you won't hear a smooth sound.

If it is your fuel pump failing, in addition to stalling on motion, the sound made by your car while accelerating gradually dies off (in spite of the depressed throttle). Have you noticed any of these?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2013
turok: What could be the cause of my car seizing fire? When I throttle the car, it will sound very loud but the car is not moving until after a while. Can someone tell me what is happening?
Check your injection system, there is a small sensor on your injection entrance called the Throttle Position Sensor or Injector mouth switch by our people, you may have to change it. Also, try servicing or change your nozzles.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:27pm On Oct 18, 2013
arin_ola: Welldone all for the contibutions. Its been a very helpful thread.

Please help.
Your problem is the quality of brake pads you have been buying. Stop giving your mechanic money to replace pads for you, get the original brake pads by yourself, though expensive, but will save you time and money.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mikeawana(m): 10:08am On Oct 20, 2013
bugmenot:

You'll have to reset the maint req'd light manually to start a new cycle. Google for instructions to reset it, I'm sure you'll find them easily.
.... Tnx for ur Info my 2001 baby boy had the same prob but ve reset it now
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 22, 2013
lacasa: @all dat replied ma post, Τнαηкƨ 4 replying.

Will surely follow through on all Ūя̲̅ advice.

Τнαηкƨ again

Did u finally resolve the problem? And what finally worked? I have a similar case ryt now and I wondering if you could....
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by keni: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
Please Gurus in the house I need your help, my Honda Hala will not start after driving it for sometime and stopping,(e.g to buy fuel) if I try to restart all the indicator on the dash board will come up as usual and the engine will roll but it will not crank, I have to leave the car for sometime before I can continue the journey please help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lacasa: 3:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
big deal 007:

Did u finally resolve the problem? And what finally worked? I have a similar case ryt now and I wondering if you could....

Which pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Uncleodi(m): 4:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
Pls, is. The l0cal abr0 acceptable f0r p0wer steering fluid IŊ 2004 E0D?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by idojo1: 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
Hello House...good evening!

I recently noticed the SRS Indicator Light on my 2005 Honda Accord has been staying on longer than usual. Sometimes in comes on in the middle of the drive. At other times, it comes on after I park. Before now, it just stays on a few seconds after I start the ignition and then goes off.

Should I be scared Please advise on what to do.

Many thanks.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olajide8(m): 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
^ this particular issue I had to google it - I guess just like mine their is something wrong with your front sit airbag- you may have to replace it or rework it, I am still looking of a technician that can do mine-
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tnktosin(m): 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2013
i-dojo:
Hello House...good evening!

I recently noticed the SRS Indicator Light on my 2005 Honda Accord has been staying on longer than usual. Sometimes in comes on in the middle of the drive. At other times, it comes on after I park. Before now, it just stays on a few seconds after I start the ignition and then goes off.

Should I be scared Please advise on what to do.

Many thanks.
olajide_07: ^ this particular issue I had to google it - I guess just like mine their is something wrong with your front sit airbag- you may have to replace it or rework it, I am still looking of a technician that can do mine-
You can start by checking the SRS fuse. I had similar issue with my 06 pilot and it was a shaky fuse. Goodluck.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tnktosin(m): 8:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
Anyone here has a link to where i can get genuine honda automatic transmission fluid (DW-1) and power steering fluid here in Nigeria? I already saw motor oil 5W-20 on konga.com but am still looking to get the AFT and power steering fluid.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by teeebest(m): 7:47am On Nov 06, 2013
tnktosin: Anyone here has a link to where i can get genuine honda automatic transmission fluid (DW-1) and power steering fluid here in Nigeria? I already saw motor oil 5W-20 on konga.com but am still looking to get the AFT and power steering fluid.

If you are in Lagos,contact luvinhubby(Mr Rowland) @ Oyingbo.08029255299.he has answers to ur questions. Goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tnktosin(m): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
teeebest:

If you are in Lagos,contact luvinhubby(Mr Rowland) @ Oyingbo.08029255299.he has answers to ur questions. Goodluck
Thanks bro, I'd do dat wen I get back in lag.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by keni: 10:42am On Nov 08, 2013
Please my baby boy steering starts shaking each time I accelerate up to 100 kmh, I have done the alignment and wheel balancing but the problem still persists what could be wrong? any one pls
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 18wheeler: 11:26am On Nov 08, 2013
keni: Please my baby boy steering starts shaking each time I accelerate up to 100 kmh, I have done the alignment and wheel balancing but the problem still persists what could be wrong? any one pls
it could be caused by worn bearings in your inner shaft, or your brake disks are worn. I've had similar problem with mine and the 'inner shaft' bearings were replaced with a cup-like case that holds them.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
keni: Please my baby boy steering starts shaking each time I accelerate up to 100 kmh, I have done the alignment and wheel balancing but the problem still persists what could be wrong? any one pls

It could also be that your front tyres or rim is bad. Try swapping both front tyres with rear and see if it gets better or worst.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
Check and change your Tie-rod ends, Upper arm or Ball joints.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Geeluat(m): 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2013
Good evening house,

I had accident with My 2008 Honda Accord which affected the shaft of the passenger side. That was fixed but recently I realize that whenever I'm accelerating at high speed, visible breeze air comes out of the vents.. What could be the cause please and the remedy?.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by turok: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
My car delay in changing gear (auto)...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 12:44am On Nov 10, 2013

Nice suggestions in the house already. However, the problem might be one or two of your engine mounts (commonly referred to as engine seats) are torn. Have a reliable mechanic check your engine mounts first of all.
Good luck.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 12:54am On Nov 10, 2013
Geeluat: Good evening house,

I had accident with My 2008 Honda Accord which affected the shaft of the passenger side. That was fixed but recently I realize that whenever I'm accelerating at high speed, visible breeze air comes out of the vents.. What could be the cause please and the remedy?.

Check your dash for your ventilation settings. Make sure you activate the 'recirc' button. It should prevent air from the exterior coming into the cabin through the vents.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.