Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (903487 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
victorD3:
My brothers. Please i have a serious problem with my honda accord 2008 model 4 cylinder. I changed my shaft, camber bushings etc. Since then my percenger side shaft have been popping out from the cup.
I bought over 3 shafts of thesame size and make but it still pulls. I changed all the engine and geer box seating and mount still no way. A friend asked me to cut and extend the shaft whichbi did and it vibrates the car.

Please my people help me what could be wrong with the right leg of my car?

Get a direct fit drive shaft
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2018
MrBuzy:
Luvinghubby please what is the price of this themostart and gasket for Honda Odyssey 2002

₦5,000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2018
mayor2013:

Get a direct fit drive shaft

What do you mean by "direct fit"?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2018
gudnews212:
Hello Auto gurus, please i will need ur assistance to analysis this report on my honda crv 1999 model which i bought last week.The car is nigeria used. Thank for ur prompt response. Though I have made up my mind to buy a new engine. i will need a reliable person in d house in helping me to buy a good one.

Bought from Car45??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:31am On Aug 25, 2018
victorD3:
My brothers. Please i have a serious problem with my honda accord 2008 model 4 cylinder. I changed my shaft, camber bushings etc. Since then my percenger side shaft have been popping out from the cup.
I bought over 3 shafts of thesame size and make but it still pulls. I changed all the engine and geer box seating and mount still no way. A friend asked me to cut and extend the shaft whichbi did and it vibrates the car.

How much has each shaft cost? That may be your answer. Also, what were the initial symptoms that led to you changing all those parts?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 6:01am On Aug 25, 2018
luvinhubby:
Check your power steering oil containers, it's often neglected by car owners & technicians. When dirty, it pushes dirt into the pump causing damage and failure.
More tips coming.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 7:35am On Aug 25, 2018
luvinhubby:
Check your power steering oil containers, it's often neglected by car owners & technicians. When dirty, it pushes dirt into the pump causing damage and failure.
More tips coming.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 7:37am On Aug 25, 2018
radautoworks:

How much has each shaft cost? That may be your answer. Also, what were the initial symptoms that led to you changing all those parts?

I bought it 15k for just the affected passenger side.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 7:52am On Aug 25, 2018
victorD3:

I bought it 15k for just the affected passenger side.

Thanks part of the problem. There is no way those were new, original parts. You didn't answer about what the original symptoms were that led to that in the first place.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by weyreypey: 7:55am On Aug 25, 2018
radautoworks:

Thanks part of the problem. There is no way those were new, original parts. You didn't answer about what the original symptoms were that led to that in the first place.
You're gonna be the conscience of the cartalk section. But prying us away from our set minds is going to be gradual.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 8:11am On Aug 25, 2018
radautoworks:

The reason I changed the first was that it was making cracking sound (the normal sound shafts make during failure). And of the two side I changed the driver side have been working just fine for over 1yr and ahalf (and still fine) while the passenger side worked for a yr and pulled. I fixed same shaft and it pulled within a month, after fixing same shaft it pulls within a week. I got another shaft of thesame size it pulls just in the mechanic workshop on test drive it.

I realised yesterday that after coupling everything apart from the tyres and if I wheel to the end on the right which am having the problem one bearing among the two does porp out from the cup and i can feel it with my hands. Is that normal?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 8:57am On Aug 25, 2018
radautoworks:

1) The 15k was for a direct Belgium.

2) the reason I changed it was that both side started making screeching sound (the normal sound shaft make when it fails)ie when you wheel the car towards left or right

3) I got a direct belgium driver and pasenger side shafts the pasenger side pulled on my way home and the shaft was cut and extended but that leg started vibrating when I'm driving

4) Got a new shaft for the pasenger side which worked just fine but within 10months but pulled from the cup (not the gear box) and my Mech fixed it by just recoupling it and putting it back inside

5) shaft pulled again after 2 months and thesame fixing was carried out

6) pulled again after 3 weeks and the tripod inside the cup damaged a bearing. I went for another direct Belgium shaft that also pulled immediately

7) My Mech found out all my engine mount (seating) are gone which I changed including the hear box seating

cool On putting the shaft again and coupling of everything except tyres I realised if I wheel the car completelyto the pasenger passenger side i feel one of the three bearing porp out from the cup. I can feel it with my hands through the rubber boot.

QUESTIONS

1) is one bearing suppose to porp out? Because im scared of test driving the car so something wont spoil anything if it pulls again.

2) my car have never experienced any serious accident apart from the pasenger side droping into a small ditch once

3) Is it my camber? It doesn't look faulty and my rubbers are not that bad.

4) Is there anything like a long or short cup for the extension ( pasenger) side? Thinking I may just purchase I shaft that has a long cup.

Please i really need help with my 2008 Accord (4cl)

cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TMANTII: 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2018
Gurus in the house....pls help decodes this results....
One status state current, and the rest states temporary.
I need clarification on what they all meant pls.
Thank you

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:17pm On Aug 25, 2018
TMANTII:
Gurus in the house....pls help decodes this results....
One status state current, and the rest states temporary.
I need clarification on what they all meant pls.
Thank you

Oblige the crew with the vehicle year, model & engine capacity.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2018
victorD3:

2) the reason I changed it was that both side started making screeching sound (the normal sound shaft make when it fails)ie when you wheel the car towards left or right

3) I got a direct belgium driver and pasenger side shafts the pasenger side pulled on my way home and the shaft was cut and extended but that leg started vibrating when I'm driving

4) Got a new shaft for the pasenger side which worked just fine but within 10months but pulled from the cup (not the gear box) and my Mech fixed it by just recoupling it and putting it back inside

6) pulled again after 3 weeks and the tripod inside the cup damaged a bearing. I went for another direct Belgium shaft that also pulled immediately

7) My Mech found out all my engine mount (seating) are gone which I changed including the hear box seating

cool On putting the shaft again and coupling of everything except tyres I realised if I wheel the car completelyto the pasenger passenger side i feel one of the three bearing porp out from the cup. I can feel it with my hands through the rubber boot.

QUESTIONS

1) is one bearing suppose to porp out? Because im scared of test driving the car so something wont spoil anything if it pulls again.

2) my car have never experienced any serious accident apart from the pasenger side droping into a small ditch once

4) Is there anything like a long or short cup for the extension ( pasenger) side? Thinking I may just purchase I shaft that has a long cup.

cry cry cry cry cry

Is the vehicle an EX or LX?

And is it 2.0 or 2.4 engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 10:50pm On Aug 25, 2018
victorD3:

Check your front end thoroughly again especially control arm bushings before you replace again. Also, try a different brand. You already changed your mounts. Recheck all the bushings on your front end.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by weyreypey: 10:52pm On Aug 25, 2018
radautoworks:

Check your front end thoroughly again especially control arm bushings before you replace again. Also, try a different brand. You already changed your mounts. Recheck all the bushings on your front end.
I need toks O2 SENSOR
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lx3as(m): 11:08pm On Aug 25, 2018
Car Gurus, Please I have a 1999 Honda CRV that drives very well and climbs hills without any issues; it's being serviced with Total's 5000 Quartz oil about every three months.

However, it smokes a bit and shorting oil; my mechanic suggests we change the engine.
Please, is this the only and best option?
Also any idea of the price of 1999 CRV, LX, Auto. 4wd engine?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 12:03am On Aug 26, 2018
luvinhubby:

Is the vehicle an EX or LX?

And is it 2.0 or 2.4 engine?

EX sir and a 2.4 engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 1:00am On Aug 26, 2018
weyreypey:

I need toks O2 SENSOR

What car? Might not be that much
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TMANTII: 7:25am On Aug 26, 2018
luvinhubby:

Oblige the crew with the vehicle year, model & engine capacity.

It's a 012 Accord.
4 cylinder.
Petrol.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:32am On Aug 26, 2018
victorD3:

QUESTIONS

cry cry cry cry cry

possible scenarios.

1. turning angle biased to One side. Solution Re-center the steering.

2. Vehicle was involved in Front Impact previously and initial C.V rods where modified. Contact computerglobal for a Vin report to rule that out.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by weyreypey: 7:40am On Aug 26, 2018
radautoworks:

What car? Might not be that much
2001 Mercedes Benz E class V6.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:02am On Aug 26, 2018
TMANTII:

It's a 012 Accord.
4 cylinder.
Petrol.

Check the wiring harness of the Oxygen sensor, upstream. If intact, then replace.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CarGuideNG: 10:09am On Aug 26, 2018
victorD3:

QUESTIONS

cry cry cry cry cry

A Vin report to rule that out.

Hello Sir.

You could also take advantage of our limited time offer for totally free CarGuideNG Comprehensive AutoCheck History Reports, simply post your VIN and email on the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/4695658/totally-free-autocheck-vehicle-history

It's totally free!

Get your comprehensive Vehicle History Reports at no cost to you!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7580688_img20180816wa0006_jpeg57022917c7297baf70c5ec2f85b9d104

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TMANTII: 12:46pm On Aug 26, 2018
luvinhubby:

Check the wiring harness of the Oxygen sensor, upstream. If intact, then replace.

It's intact..as confirmed by a technician..
For replacement; pls how much will it cost.
And will that stop the car from consuming more fuel than needed.
Thank you.....
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by computerglobal(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

possible scenarios.

1. turning angle biased to One side. Solution Re-center the steering.

2. Vehicle was involved in Front Impact previously and initial C.V rods where modified. Contact computerglobal for a Vin report to rule that out.

Thank you

Contact us on Whats-app now . Just a click away.

https:///send?phone=2348060365068

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (Vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

www.nairaland.com/computerglobal

Computerglobaltech at gmail dot com
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by VINCheckNL: 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2018
this guy again. aren't you the one selling nmvtis report that are available free for 2000 naira? hmmm

please don't pay anybody for nmvtis report. just send your vin and mail on my page and get free report.
oh there's even also a free autocheck page, good.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 3:30pm On Aug 26, 2018
weyreypey:

2001 Mercedes Benz E class V6.

There is the economy brand RED for N17,155 and Bosch for N40,515 but they both take 6-10 days.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by weyreypey: 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2018
radautoworks:

There is the economy brand RED for N17,155 and Bosch for N40,515 but they both take 6-10 days.
What's the warranty on the RED
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2018
weyreypey:

What's the warranty on the RED

It's a "replace it refund at managers discretion" but since you are one of baby radu's uncles I'll cover you for 6 months if you need it.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=OXR&partNumber=CX15733
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2018
TMANTII:

It's intact..as confirmed by a technician..
For replacement; pls how much will it cost.
And will that stop the car from consuming more fuel than needed.
Thank you.....

₦18,000

Call or SMS - 08029255299

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.