Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:40 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (166) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (903349 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by weyreypey: 4:53pm On Aug 26, 2018
radautoworks:

It's a "replace it refund at managers discretion" but since you are one of baby radu's uncles I'll cover you for 6 months if you need it.

http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=OXR&partNumber=CX15733
Ok I need it. But 17k.... What voids warranty?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 5:03pm On Aug 26, 2018
weyreypey:

Ok I need it. But 17k.... What voids warranty?

Kazeemization. Just email with name, phone and delivery address and we'll send you quote with payment information.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2018
lx3as:
Car Gurus, Please I have a 1999 Honda CRV that drives very well and climbs hills without any issues; it's being serviced with Total's 5000 Quartz oil about every three months.

However, it smokes a bit and shorting oil; my mechanic suggests we change the engine.
Please, is this the only and best option?
Also any idea of the price of 1999 CRV, LX, Auto. 4wd engine?

Just drive your vehicle, increase the frequency of the oil change if you drive often.

The smoking and oil shortage means the piston rings are getting weak.
When it becomes too frequent, replace the rings, make sure you get genuine after market rings.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lx3as(m): 8:32pm On Aug 26, 2018
luvinhubby:

Just drive your vehicle, increase the frequency of the oil change if you drive often.
A
The smoking and oil shortage means the piston rings are getting weak.
When it becomes too frequent, replace the rings, make sure you get genuine after market rings.

Thanks so much for this reply. The smoke and shortage are not that much but my wife uses it and I'm not always around; infact the car sounds and drives like new toks though was imported 2013 with about 250k milage now. God is your strength.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 11:04pm On Aug 26, 2018
thebigkendo:

Bought from Car45??
Any issues buying from car45 cos iam thinking of visiting their garage for a Honda car. Playing educate us if you know anything we don't know sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 11:07pm On Aug 26, 2018
Pls how much for catalyst converter for 2005 honda crv. Need it asap house
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 11:18pm On Aug 26, 2018
nemadfsyahooc:

Any issues buying from car45 cos iam thinking of visiting their garage for a Honda car. Playing educate us if you know anything we don't know sir.

All have to say is.. Run!!!!! Well except you are a mechanic.
Search car45 on nairaland, plenty testimonies
Take your time & read through this links from page 1 to the end
https://www.nairaland.com/4368727/how-cars-45-ripped-us
https://www.nairaland.com/4494198/cars45-abuja-inventory#68180268

Cc Diportivo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:08am On Aug 27, 2018
nemadfsyahooc:

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 8:45am On Aug 27, 2018
nemadfsyahooc:

Walker EPA universal catalytic converter 1 year warranty http://weblink.carquest.com/acl/?mfgName=WAL&partNumber=93268 N61,708
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Josiah360: 1:32am On Aug 29, 2018
I want to buy a Honda civic 2008 Nigerian used from a friend but I would like to know if it suffers the same leg issue as Honda accord EOD and DC.

I would appreciate a response.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 29, 2018
victorD3:
My brothers. Please i have a serious problem with my honda accord 2008 model 4 cylinder. I changed my shaft, camber bushings etc. Since then my percenger side shaft have been popping out from the cup.
I bought over 3 shafts of thesame size and make but it still pulls. I changed all the engine and geer box seating and mount still no way. A friend asked me to cut and extend the shaft whichbi did and it vibrates the car.

Please my people help me what could be wrong with the right leg of my car?

This happened to my bull dog. I replaced the shaft 3 times as well. The problem was nothing but the low arm below the shaft itself.
I have been driving the car for more than 2 months now and the shaft is intact. You can USE a trusted mechanic in Ebutemetta if u want. Mech Seun . 09094981285. The guy is so good.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 29, 2018
Josiah360:
I want to buy a Honda civic 2008 Nigerian used from a friend but I would like to know if it suffers the same leg issue as Honda accord EOD and DC.

Thanks

Although I do not know much about CIVIC ball joints but I Will have no fear if i want to buy it. I have been driving Honda for the past 4 years and never had any reason to fear the legs. However I take extra precautions when it comes to ball joints, I replace my ball joints every 8 months (with tokunbo ones) and they are very cheap. I know of a man who buys new OEM ball joint and replaces it every 2 years. It is simply all about preventive maintenance.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:01pm On Aug 29, 2018
Josiah360:

Thanks

Good fuel economy, low maintenance cost, balljoint located in such a way that it is difficult to pull, except you are a very very careless driver.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 5:07am On Aug 30, 2018
mosesmora:

This happened to my bull dog. I replaced the shaft 3 times as well. The problem was nothing but the low arm below the shaft itself.
I have been driving the car for more than 2 months now and the shaft is intact. You can USE a trusted mechanic in Ebutemetta if u want. Mech Seun . 09094981285. The guy is so good.

"Check your front end thoroughly again especially control arm bushings before you replace again. Also, try a different brand. "

That's what i told him a page ago and never heard back. So? Victord3? Did you do what i said?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 30, 2018
radautoworks:

"Check your front end thoroughly again especially control arm bushings before you replace again. Also, try a different brand. "

That's what i told him a page ago and never heard back. So? Victord3? Did you do what i said?

Carquest Radautoworks, King of Autos, I agree with you totally. I didn't change the bushings on my bull dog because the complete used low control arm goes for just N2,000. I do patrnlonise you and buy parts from your store in Lekki.

The only thing is that most of us get used spares from our Cars. It will be good if you guys can produce list of spare parts and their prices for us. Yes the bushings are bad but the complete Used ones are quite cheap. Most of our local mechanics call it low arm, although I know it to be lower control arm.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 7:19am On Aug 30, 2018
mosesmora:

Carquest Radautoworks, King of Autos, I agree with you totally. I didn't change the bushings on my bull dog because the complete used low control arm goes for just N2,000. I do patrnlonise you and buy parts from your store in Lekki.

The only thing is that most of us get used spares from our Cars. It will be good if you guys can produce list of spare parts and their prices for us. Yes the bushings are bad but the complete Used ones are quite cheap. Most of our local mechanics call it low arm, although I know it to be lower control arm.

Hi! Yes you do!

I understand. Either is fine. I'm just puzzled because he never got back.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 12:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
mosesmora:

Although I do not know much about CIVIC ball joints but I Will have no fear if i want to buy it. I have been driving Honda for the past 4 years and never had any reason to fear the legs. However I take extra precautions when it comes to ball joints, I replace my ball joints every 8 months (with tokunbo ones) and they are very cheap. I know of a man who buys new OEM ball joint and replaces it every 2 years. It is simply all about preventive maintenance.

Your friend is wasting money! All you need to do is check your ball joints regulary (say every oil change interval). It's a simple a process and something you can do if your kazeem doesn't know how. I did a video on my blog/youtube channel on how to check ball joints. I would have posted the link here but the last time I posted a link on NL I got banned. angry

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Josiah360: 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2018
luvinhubby:

Good fuel economy, low maintenance cost, balljoint located in such a way that it is difficult to pull, except you are a very very careless driver.

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Josiah360: 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
mosesmora:

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 30, 2018
Piyke:

Your friend is wasting money! All you need to do is check your ball joints regulary (say every oil change interval). It's a simple a process and something you can do if your kazeem doesn't know how. I did a video on my blog/youtube channel on how to check ball joints. I would have posted the link here but the last time I posted a link on NL I got banned. angry

1. I know how to check ball joints wella bro. If you buy OEM ball joints then I must say ur statement is very correct. Honda maintenance schedule for Baby boy specifically said u should inspect suspension, CV joints, ball joints etc. every 6 months for severe driving conditions and 12 months for normal driving conditions. This same interval is when u use for oil change under both conditions.

2. However, most people in Naija buy foreign used ball joints for Honda and you can never fully ascertain the true condition of them. I know part dealers who kit ball joints in Ebutemetta and I can confidently tell u that their life span varies. The reasons for this variations is simply because some of these spare parts dealers sell already poor quality ball joints and claim it to be okay. The duration of these used ball joints also depends on driving habits. In my own rugged driving habits, I change them at 6 months interval and maximum at 8 months. Ball joints are cheap bro, Just 2k for one ( Honda baby boy). In other words, With your own method of checking Ball joints during oil change , It will be risky to do so bro. The interval before oil change can mess u up. Prevention is better than cure.
3. Finally Radautoworks/Carquest is here in Nigeria to give us OEM spare parts. I am considering buying stuffs from them. That's far better than all these used parts we always buy.

Have a great day.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by AmeLonRo(m): 6:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
Josiah360:

Thanks
My Honda accord will not start unless I press the throttle. Has anyone experienced that before? What's the problem and solution please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 7:40pm On Aug 30, 2018
mosesmora:

1. I know how to check ball joints wella bro. If you buy OEM ball joints then I must say ur statement is very correct. Honda maintenance schedule for Baby boy specifically said u should inspect suspension, CV joints, ball joints etc. every 6 months for severe driving conditions and 12 months for normal driving conditions. This same interval is when u use for oil change under both conditions.

2. However, most people in Naija buy foreign used ball joints for Honda and you can never fully ascertain the true condition of them. I know part dealers who kit ball joints in Ebutemetta and I can confidently tell u that their life span varies. The reasons for this variations is simply because some of these spare parts dealers sell already poor quality ball joints and claim it to be okay. The duration of these used ball joints also depends on driving habits. In my own rugged driving habits, I change them at 6 months interval and maximum at 8 months. Ball joints are cheap bro, Just 2k for one ( Honda baby boy). In other words, With your own method of checking Ball joints during oil change , It will be risky to do so bro. The interval before oil change can mess u up. Prevention is better than cure.
3. Finally Radautoworks/Carquest is here in Nigeria to give us OEM spare parts. I am considering buying stuffs from them. That's far better than all these used parts we always buy.

Have a great day.

Its great you already check yours. My statement was really about the man that you said buys new OEM ball joints and replaces them every 2 years. I changed my ball joints about 3years ago (1st time ball joints were changed) with brand new OEM ball joints...cost me about 72k or so at the time ( bought from a Honda dealership in the US). Can't imagine spending something like that every 2 years. Truth is that I have only checked the ball joint once in 3 years and it was because I wanted to do a blog post. I don't expect any problems for the next 5years or so. Even if it does come there are very clear signs of a failing ball joint. Will only replace if I have those signs; same reason I replaced the first time.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 7:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
radautoworks:

Sorry guys i wanted to use the car for days to be sure before posting the solution.

The problem was engine mount. I changed all the four mounts and a free box seating and that fixed it. I hope to share my testimony again after 2 months when I'm sure it's been really sorted.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2018
Piyke:

Its great you already check yours. My statement was really about the man that you said buys new OEM ball joints and replaces them every 2 years. I changed my ball joints about 3years ago (1st time ball joints were changed) with brand new OEM ball joints...cost me about 72k or so at the time ( bought from a Honda dealership in the US). Can't imagine spending something like that every 2 years. Truth is that I have only checked the ball joint once in 3 years and it was because I wanted to do a blog post. I don't expect any problems for the next 5years or so. Even if it does come there are very clear signs of a failing ball joint. Will only replace if I have those signs; same reason I replaced the first time.

According to what he said....2 yrs interval before changing. I look forward to using OEM ball joint. Do not mind my thinking. We so much used to foreign used spare parts here. Tired of all these used ball joints bro.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Timagex(m): 8:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
Honda is for starters.....Apart from Cross Tour, I dont see any Honda worth driving...
grin u r mean angry grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 8:25pm On Aug 30, 2018
victorD3:

Sorry guys i wanted to use the car for days to be sure before posting the solution.

The problem was engine mount. I changed all the four mounts and a free box seating and that fixed it. I hope to share my testimony again after 2 months when I'm sure it's been really sorted.

Didn't you say you changed the mounts before? That's why we ruled them out.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victorD3: 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2018
radautoworks:

Didn't you say you changed the mounts before? That's why we ruled them out.

I changed the mount but didnt have the confidence to test it because I felt one of the three bearings popping out with My hands. I didnt know it's suppose to be that way to give it wider angle of turning. I sumed up courage and did and here I am still driving everyday without it pulling

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nemadfsyahooc: 9:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
Evening house. Just scanned my Honda crv 2005 and shows up p1157 with lots of grammar. Playing can someone tell me in plain language what the issue is. Attached is the screenshot of the reading .the issue with the vehicle is the delay in changing gear and jerks when engaging from 1-2gear. Is this code related to the transmission. Thanks

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by laluski(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2018
Hello
I drive a v4 2003 Honda accord,i bought it used some like 3 yrs back and I don't use it much.like once or twice a week and don't really go far.i don't know d history of engine oil type used but I started using Mobil xhp when I bought the car.i want to change to Mobil 1 now but wanted to seek opinions from our esteemed gurus here after reading some post here.
What I do know is the previous owner was a lady and due to her work did a lot of travelling with the car
The mileage is 125k
Cc
Gazzuz,raduauto,luvinhubbyGazzuz,raduauto,luvinhubby,etc,
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:01am On Aug 31, 2018
laluski:
Hello
I drive a v4 2003 Honda accord,i bought it used some like 3 yrs back and I don't use it much.like once or twice a week and don't really go far.i don't know d history of engine oil type used but I started using Mobil xhp when I bought the car.i want to change to Mobil 1 now but wanted to seek opinions from our esteemed gurus here after reading some post here.
What I do know is the previous owner was a lady and due to her work did a lot of travelling with the car
The mileage is 125k
Cc
Gazzuz,raduauto,luvinhubbyGazzuz,raduauto,luvinhubby,etc,

If you have started using Mobil XHP, will not advice you to return to Mobil1.
Even if you need to, considering the mileage 125km, using a full synthetic oil might be damaging. Go for the 5W-30 Synthetic blend.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by laluski(m): 10:08am On Aug 31, 2018
luvinhubby:

If you have started using Mobil XHP, will not advice you to return to Mobil1.
Even if you need to, considering the mileage 125km, using a full synthetic oil might be damaging. Go for the 5W-30 Synthetic blend.

Ok,please is it the Mobil recommended for long mileage Honda cars,i remember Gazzuz saying something like this on one of his write ups

(1) (2) (3) ... (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.