Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (898618 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (434) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samadex2007: 2:09pm On May 31, 2019
tobianthony:

Honda Accord 2005
Genuine KYB ( Front Left and Right ) - 39,500
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 2:25pm On May 31, 2019
Hello auto users and gurus,

Do you advise a Honda Accord 2005 -2007 (Nigerian Used) for a first-time owner?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:30pm On May 31, 2019
tobianthony:
@luvinghubby ,

Please advise , how much does brand new shock absorber for Discussion continues cost. Both front set .

Thank you .

₦15,000

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:30pm On May 31, 2019
tolajay:

Once in good condition, yes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 6:37pm On May 31, 2019
luvinhubby:

Once in good condition, yes.
Leg pull oh
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:56pm On May 31, 2019
dicksonadams:

Leg pull oh

Is that all?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eddee(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2019
tobianthony:
@luvinghubby ,

Please advise , how much does brand new shock absorber for Discussion continues cost. Both front set .

Thank you .

luvinhubby:

₦15,000

Mehn, see enjoyment. Kingreign we no go fit put this one for that 4matic? We fit buy like 3 sef just in case

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:57pm On May 31, 2019
Eddee:

Mehn, see enjoyment. Kingreign we no go fit put this one for that 4matic? We fit buy like 3 sef just in case
Lwkm grin

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eddee(m): 8:59pm On May 31, 2019
kingreign:

Lwkm grin

The people wer dey run these parts no be the same factory all of dem dey use for China? Why the huge disparity in prices?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nostradamus: 10:45pm On May 31, 2019
kingreign:

Lwkm grin
boss,please add me to the lexus whatsapp group, 08039504625.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2019
luvinhubby:

₦15,000

True coz I got one for driver side around #7500 last month
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2019
dicksonadams:

Leg pull oh

If he uses it that way thereby allowing it to pull coz u can maintain ur Car and guide against any known Problem except if village People r now involved in the Case lols

But if it's still mechanical then everything that happens is controlled by you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Debosneh31(m): 11:47am On Jun 03, 2019
Guys please I own an Honda Civic 04, drove it to ogba this morning on way back home it refuses to enter gear 2, was just revving, please what could be the problem
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Debosneh31(m): 11:49am On Jun 03, 2019
Guys please I own an Honda Civic 04, drove it to ogba this morning on way back home it refuses to change gear was just revving, then later it started driving well aging after sometime please what could be the problem
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2019
luvinhubby:

₦15,000

My mechanic is telling me 19k and it won't come with the springs. Thanks for the info ...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GCFR696(m): 8:36am On Jun 05, 2019
Good morning Sirs/Ma'ams

So I changed the engine to my 2005 Accord V6 over a month ago but it has been one electric fault to the other. From burnt ECU (2 actually) to revving stuck at 3000 rpm, mixing, cold start etc. Also sometimes when I step on the acceleration pedal I hear a crack sound from the engine area (not all the time tho). Yesterday I was inspecting the engine and I notice smoke coming out of the alternator even when ignition is turned off so I disconnected the battery.
This morning I was checking online for possible causes of all these issues and I came across the type of engine we bought, it was for evil spirit (2008 v6). The mechanic had the top changed with the old one though.
Could this be the cause of my problems?
Please I need help.

Cc
Luvinhubby
Gazzuz
Kingreign
Nurey
Thebigkendo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 8:49am On Jun 05, 2019
GCFR696:
Good morning Sirs/Ma'ams

So I changed the engine to my 2005 Accord V6 over a month ago but it has been one electric fault to the other. From burnt ECU (2 actually) to revving stuck at 3000 rpm, mixing, cold start etc. Also sometimes when I step on the acceleration pedal I hear a crack sound from the engine area (not all the time tho). Yesterday I was inspecting the engine and I notice smoke coming out of the alternator even when ignition is turned off so I disconnected the battery.
This morning I was checking online for possible causes of all these issues and I came across the type of engine we bought, it was for evil spirit (2008 v6). The mechanic had the top changed with the old one though.
Please I need help.

you have solved your issues yourself, wrong engine replacement is bound to cause issues. Do the right thing before the vehicle catches fire on motion

also I don't think he bought a V6 for the 08 upwards Accord it would be more expesive than your 3.0 engine, he could have bought a 3.2 in an Acura TL 19xx or the 3.5L in Honda/Acura legend pre 2005 model years

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 8:54am On Jun 05, 2019
GCFR696:
Good morning Sirs/Ma'ams

Please I need help.

Cc
Luvinhubby
Gazzuz
Kingreign
Nurey
Thebigkendo
get the right engine for it Biko.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by L3unamm3(m): 9:39am On Jun 05, 2019
Morning house, please who has an idea of how much they sell Honda Accord 2000 (babyboy) Engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:29am On Jun 05, 2019
GCFR696:
Good morning Sirs/Ma'ams

Please I need help.

Cc
Luvinhubby
Gazzuz
Kingreign
Nurey
Thebigkendo

2008 Accord V6 engine is 3 times the cost of the engine of your car, i doubt if you are correct on that.

Your issue is brain box related. 2003 - 2007 Accord V6 brain box is delicate to install, if you have any electrical malfunction,be it O2 sensor, ECTS or any other and try to install the brain box, it can roast it immediately.
Get a very good rewire that will help you go through the electrical system and identify underlining issues in the car, including the brain box that could have possibly burnt your alternator
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GCFR696(m): 1:50pm On Jun 05, 2019
Thank you all for the contributions. They are well appreciated
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
kcbaba007:

oga luvinhubby, pls, DW1 is meant for Honda gear boxes, but, Dexron 111, is this actually compatible? is it if dsame blends and additives? i want to learn pls

This is made for your car

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
luvinhubby:

₦15,000

Please where are these shock absorbers?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samadex2007: 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
tolajay:

I will advise you go for new one,especially genuine shock like KYB SHOCK ABSORBER.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:59pm On Jun 05, 2019
kcbaba007:

oga luvinhubby, pls, DW1 is meant for Honda gear boxes, but, Dexron 111, is this actually compatible? is it if dsame blends and additives? i want to learn pls

The Honda manual advices Dextron III as a temporary alternative in the absence of the genuine DW1 and in our Nigerian automotive market, Oando is the closest we have to Dextron III
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:01pm On Jun 05, 2019
radautoworks:

Please where are these shock absorbers?

Inside the market
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolajay: 9:39pm On Jun 05, 2019
Okay.

What would you advise in the face of low budget?

samadex2007:

I will advise you go for new one,especially genuine shock like KYB SHOCK ABSORBER.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 11:23pm On Jun 05, 2019
luvinhubby:

The Honda manual advices Dextron III as a temporary alternative in the absence of the genuine DW1 and in our Nigerian automotive market, Oando is the closest we have to Dextron III

No it isn't. We carry it
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 11:24pm On Jun 05, 2019
tolajay:
Okay.

What would you advise in the face of low budget?

Save up and buy. Don't be penny wise, pound foolish
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2019
radautoworks:

No it isn't. We carry it

What Wil you recommend as the closest
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2019
dicksonadams:

What Wil you recommend as the closest

I would recommend using the recommend one which we also carry. It's only N5,223.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCOpaKBFUw/?igshid=1v75lglrebyd7

Dexron is a stop-gap meant to be used in a pinch and replaced ASAP
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2019
radautoworks:

I would recommend using the recommend one which we also carry. It's only N5,223.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCOpaKBFUw/?igshid=1v75lglrebyd7

Dexron is a stop-gap meant to be used in a pinch and replaced ASAP

How many will I need?

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (434) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.