Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,588 members, 7,865,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 06:04 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (907921 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (435) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Debosneh31(m): 8:46am On May 10, 2019
Gurus in the house please I need an estimate price for Honda Civic 04 shaft and steering pump

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dakpemien: 2:09pm On May 10, 2019
2.5m. it covers purchase, importation, vehicle papers, tracker and reverse cam/nav
ifyluxx:
how much pls?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 7:32pm On May 10, 2019
lordkenny:
Hi guys, please I have a budget of 600k. Can I get a Nigeria used Honda DC with my budget? Does anyone have any to sell here?
Please, help a novice.

Buying a vehicle is one thing and another is buying a good one u won't have to start spending much on if u get a DC for that price I'm sure the Engine sef will be questionable somehow except the owner really needs money badly

Your budget sud be around 800 850 upwards u might still spend on this afterwards but it will be minimal compared to a 600k DC
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:35pm On May 10, 2019
Debosneh31:
Gurus in the house please I need an estimate price for Honda Civic 04 shaft and steering pump

Thanks in anticipation

₦27,000 for all, including pair of shaft
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Fm007: 2:16am On May 11, 2019
Gurus in d house pls hw reliable is honda bullet 1997,am abt to get one. Moreso should I go for manual transmission or auto. And wat are the major prob from experince.lastly wat are the things I have to check out for if buying d car

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 8:38pm On May 11, 2019
Just changed my lower all Bushings and front Driver side and linkages for smoother driving
Honda Accord DC

But my steering still turns to driver side while driving but not like before I changed those stuffs

[/b]So now I guess the remaining thing to touch is Tyres[b] coz I v done alignment after changing those parts on the hand but it still slides to the left but not like before when it pulls itself and u feel it while holding the wheel then

So I'm I right with my Conclusion?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Adarich(m): 9:42pm On May 11, 2019
HOW I SOLVED MY HONDA 1999 V6 OVERHEATING PROBLEM;
The car started overheating in march this year. Immediately I noticed it, I took it to the mechanic village (Abakaliki).
All I met prescribed their usual; "remove thermostat, connect fan direct, change radiator to double cell"
Because I had a leaky radiator, I first changed it, but the overheating persisted.

Their next option was to remove the thermostat and connect fan direct, I resisted for days, while searching the net for solutions. Then, the only way to avoid overheating was to drive with AC on. But once AC is off, the temperature needle will climb to red. Eventually I succumbed to removing thermostat, but when the thermostat housing was opened, the thermostat was long gone, removed by previous owner.

Finally, the fans were connected direct. Yes overheating stopped, but I wasn't comfortable with the fan being on constantly, so I continued my search for solutions online.

My efforts yielded this week.
I bought and changed the two coolant temperature sensors on the engine and that ended it. Overheating stopped, fan now picks up only when engine temperature peaks.
I'm now enjoying my baby once again.

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 4:26am On May 12, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:32pm On May 12, 2019
radautoworks:
https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-a-honda-accord-with-1-million-miles-on-it-lo-1834658760

So this Honda baby boy and it's owner have practically been to the moon and back, twice

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 7:36pm On May 12, 2019
My Honda Accord 2006 discussion Continue AC again o last month I changed one of the black rubber on top for the AC and they cleaned all mouth till that of the condenser retighted everything ND refilled it ND early this month the driver side starting blowing normal air ND when I used it today it wasn't cold at all what could have gone wrong again

Coz if I refill it again it's obvious before a month it might be back to same junction of no freon
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 8:36pm On May 12, 2019
luvinhubby:

So this Honda baby boy and it's owner have practically been to the moon and back, twice

When you put it that way, DAYUM!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 8:37pm On May 12, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:
My Honda Accord 2006 discussion Continue AC again o last month I changed one of the black rubber on top for the AC and they cleaned all mouth till that of the condenser retighted everything ND refilled it ND early this month the driver side starting blowing normal air ND when I used it today it wasn't cold at all what could have gone wrong again

Coz if I refill it again it's obvious before a month it might be back to same junction of no freon

Leak. Proper diagnosis needed. Run uv dye through system. Also, only ONE side not blowing cold?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:56pm On May 12, 2019
radautoworks:

Leak. Proper diagnosis needed. Run uv dye through system. Also, only ONE side not blowing cold?

Thanks will make sure I do this this week by God's Grace
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by connkg(m): 9:59pm On May 12, 2019
luvinhubby:

Keke and okada would not have allowed Mr. Mills journey to the moon from Nigeria. They would have intercepted him before he left our borders, assisted by our roads.
Yes, that little a distance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 10:15pm On May 12, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Just changed my lower all Bushings and front Driver side and linkages for smoother driving
Honda Accord DC

But my steering still turns to driver side while driving but not like before I changed those stuffs

[/b]So now I guess the remaining thing to touch is Tyres[b] coz I v done alignment after changing those parts on the hand but it still slides to the left but not like before when it pulls itself and u feel it while holding the wheel then

Yes tires would tilt you one side if the brand is not the same or if one is worn more than the other.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:43pm On May 12, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Honda Accord DC

Switch tyres, get one from the front side the car is tilting to and swap it with one from the back

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 3:02pm On May 13, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Also, use better gas not star, Harp, etc
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kcbaba007: 9:47pm On May 13, 2019
kcbaba007:
Honda Gurus, my EOD was giving AC issues, then changed the condenser and evaporator, cleaned up the system and charged it with gas, when i put in d 1st bottle of gas, the thermostat was cutting as it should do, but when i put in d second bottle, it stopped cutting, i felt i had over charged it, i reduced it and made sure there is no air in d system, yet, the thermostat refused to cut, i checked d harness, nothing wrong, the ac is chilling fine,

Now, i noticed that the engine has started loosing compression when the ac is on, i would have to switch the ac off before it can pick acceleration, if i throttle, it hesitates before picking, it sometimes looks like it's Not changing gear as it should, even to climb hill, e go kind of dey crawl, if i come to a near stop, and throttle to move, it won't respond immediately, i would have to press d throttle like twice or thrice before it will move, d gear 1 sometimes can't climb a small culvet, pls, what could be happening and what can i do?

Scanned, all i got was ECT P2185 and ABS, this are codes that were there before this issue, i am yet to deal with this codes

cc Gazzuzz
luvinhubby
nurey
adanny01

fixed
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kcbaba007: 9:53pm On May 13, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

you have a leak somewhere, do u perceive a smell in d morning when start d car and put on d ac?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by obinnanelson4(m): 5:52am On May 14, 2019
kcbaba007:

fixed
Congratulations Bros... please share with us how you solved the problem.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:35am On May 14, 2019
kcbaba007:

you have a leak somewhere, do u perceive a smell in d morning when start d car and put on d ac?

Sometimes but haven't really notice
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 9:36am On May 14, 2019
radautoworks:

Also, use better gas not star, Harp, etc

It's the AC guys that go to buy the Gas what type sud I tell them to get exactly
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by holax4real(m): 12:45pm On May 14, 2019
please whats d cost of a new ac condenser for 2004 accord, 4plug ride.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 2:10pm On May 14, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

It's the AC guys that go to buy the Gas what type sud I tell them to get exactly

Buy your gas yourself. Buy ours or johnsen's from Gazzuzz. Johnsen's is our back up when we are in between shipments of ours.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 3:24pm On May 14, 2019
Adarich:
HOW I SOLVED MY HONDA 1999 V6 OVERHEATING PROBLEM;
The car started overheating in march this year. Immediately I noticed it, I took it to the mechanic village (Abakaliki).
All I met prescribed their usual; "remove thermostat, connect fan direct, change radiator to double cell"
Because I had a leaky radiator, I first changed it, but the overheating persisted.

Their next option was to remove the thermostat and connect fan direct, I resisted for days, while searching the net for solutions. Then, the only way to avoid overheating was to drive with AC on. But once AC is off, the temperature needle will climb to red. Eventually I succumbed to removing thermostat, but when the thermostat housing was opened, the thermostat was long gone, removed by previous owner.

Finally, the fans were connected direct. Yes overheating stopped, but I wasn't comfortable with the fan being on constantly, so I continued my search for solutions online.

My efforts yielded this week.
I bought and changed the two coolant temperature sensors on the engine and that ended it. Overheating stopped, fan now picks up only when engine temperature peaks.
I'm now enjoying my baby once again.

So you are still riding without a thermostat??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 10:52pm On May 14, 2019
[quote author=radautoworks post=78385299]

So you are still riding without a thermostat??[/quote

- The new generation is trained to use a computer to diagnose, remove and replace based on its recommendations. The old mechanic can tell you what's wrong with your car by listening to it for 10 seconds and smelling the oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 2:21am On May 15, 2019
[quote author=dicksonadams post=78396356][/quote]

Lol. Okay. That's why engines and radiators dey scatter left right and center. The people that put the thermostat in the car in the first place didn't know what they were doing.

Also, this "new" generation has been fixing cars for over 35 years.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kcbaba007: 7:41am On May 15, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Sometimes but haven't really notice

ur evaporator might be leaking
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kcbaba007: 7:43am On May 15, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

i use cheb, cheb is good, pls, beware of bad gas, it can destroy ur ac system and kill d compressor, speaking from personal experience, desist from maxron

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kcbaba007: 7:45am On May 15, 2019
holax4real:
please whats d cost of a new ac condenser for 2004 accord, 4plug ride.

i got mine for 12k at ladipo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kcbaba007: 7:56am On May 15, 2019
i removed the gear transmission range sensor, cleaned and reset it to neutral, i then went ahead and reset d tps, the tps should give u a 5v on idle and 4.5v when accelerated completely, this is done by putting d ignition on, u don't need to start d car before setting it
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 11:22am On May 15, 2019
kcbaba007:

ur evaporator might be leaking

Ow does evaporator leaks to

I just hope to note all this for the AC guys coz I've not been changed to drive to them for checkup using the Car without AC is really not cool tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (435) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.