Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (890292 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by theadeola(m): 9:17pm On Apr 12
temi4fash:
Good morning sirs

I noticed that when i use my car with AC for a very long time and it get very hot, the car begins to jack, vibrates inshort it would look the car is having a nervous breakdown.

During this time, if its on idle, the car sounds very fine. However, i engage it the gear on drive, it begins to vibrate and struggles to move.

What could be the wrong please?

Scan scan scan
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 12:12pm On Apr 14
Hello guys. I noticed that my car's horn were changed, but this new born has no port for the socket so the wires from each socket was tapped and passed to the horn.

My issue now is if I plug in a fuse to the horn fuse, my dash light comes on.

If I remove the horn relay the horn doesn't work.

I think this issue is why I have a p0685 code. I do not like seeing the check engine light and this is the only code I have. Meanwhile, the horn works perfectly and my car has no issue whatsoever.

But the horn works without the fuse and plugging in the fuse turns on the dash light. This is a wrong behaviour.

I have attached an image.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 9:42am On Apr 15
remi4ever:
Hello guys. I noticed that my car's horn were changed, but this new born has no port for the socket so the wires from each socket was tapped and passed to the horn.

I think this issue is why I have a p0685 code. I do not like seeing the check engine light and this is the only code I have. Meanwhile, the horn works perfectly and my car has no issue whatsoever.

But the horn works without the fuse and plugging in the fuse turns on the dash light. This is a wrong behaviour.

This is typical of rewire abuse. One rewire has sexually abused your car. Find the wrong connection and save yourself from tears down the road.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 10:36am On Apr 15
Macmilla:

This is typical of rewire abuse. One rewire has sexually abused your car. Find the wrong connection and save yourself from tears down the road.
I know. It's crazy.
This is the only bypass on this car as the car was gotten new by the previous owner.

I'll get a good Rewire to trace and fix.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 10:24pm On Apr 15
Hello house, I realised Mt 07 accord had thermostat removed by former naija user.i got a new thermostat to install, but mechanic kicked against, saying it will cause overheating n whole lot of problem.i really want to install it as I don't like always-on fan working. My car doesn't have ac working for now. Please what's your opinion? Mileage is 148k
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Onyeka90210(m): 10:34pm On Apr 15
lawmanlala:
Hello house, I realised Mt 07 accord had thermostat removed by former naija user.i got a new thermostat to install, but mechanic kicked against, saying it will cause overheating n whole lot of problem.i really want to install it as I don't like always-on fan working. My car doesn't have ac working for now. Please what's your opinion? Mileage is 148k
First things first, change that mechanic.
Installing a thermostat won't cause overheating.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GabrielYulaw(m): 1:42am On Apr 16
remi4ever:

Na to carry trumpet enter car grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 5:46am On Apr 16
GabrielYulaw:

Na to carry trumpet enter car grin grin grin

grin grin You dey ment... My 2 horns dey work perfectly. I just won understand the nonsense wey dem do for that fusebox.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by freeman500: 12:18pm On Apr 16
temi4fash:
Good morning sirs

I noticed that when i use my car with AC for a very long time and it get very hot, the car begins to jack, vibrates inshort it would look the car is having a nervous breakdown.

During this time, if its on idle, the car sounds very fine. However, i engage it the gear on drive, it begins to vibrate and struggles to move.

What could be the wrong please?
You forgot to mention the car and model. But if it's the type that use high tension wire, I'll suggest you change them.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 12:49pm On Apr 16
lawmanlala:

Installing a Thermostat wont cause over heating.
I use the same 07 Accord and I can tell you confidently that it wont cause any issue as long as the Thermostat is good.
Check your radiator to know if it has the sensor at the lower part as I heard it's required for the fan to fulfill *YOUR* purpose.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kelvinmnet(m): 1:00pm On Apr 16
Hello Guru's in the house.
Please I need your help on my 07 Accord.
My DRL light (American Spec light as we popularly call it) is not working.
The fuse is ok and the bulbs are working fine.
I scanned and got the error code B1079 but haven't been able to trace it.

Anyone with idea on how to get this fixed?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by temi4fash(m): 3:14pm On Apr 16
freeman500:

You forgot to mention the car and model. But if it's the type that use high tension wire, I'll suggest you change them.

oh i forgot to mention Honda City 2007..

Whats High tension wire
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by freeman500: 6:54pm On Apr 16
temi4fash:

oh i forgot to mention Honda City 2007..

Whats High tension wire
Plug wires
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by lawmanlala(m): 8:47pm On Apr 16
Thankyousomuch
kelvinmnet:

Installing a Thermostat wont cause over heating.
I use the same 07 Accord and I can tell you confidently that it wont cause any issue as long as the Thermostat is good.
Check your radiator to know if it has the sensor at the lower part as I heard it's required for the fan to fulfill *YOUR* purpose.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 12:24pm On Apr 18
lawmanlala:
Run from that olodo you call mechanic.
Note that reinstalling the thermostat alone will not stop the "always on fan". You have to also locate the wiring abuse and revert it. Check the ECT sensor at the base of the radiator. That is most likely the location of the abuse.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Sheuns(m): 1:47am On Apr 20
Hello house.
I’m having transmission slipping issues on my ‘10 accord 2.4. I changed the transmission fluid this January cos the old one was dirty, low and burnt. Did a drain and refill. Everything working fine till I noticed some leaks, changed all the oil seals and topped up the fluid back to normal.

Occasionally, I experience transmission slipping, mostly when I’m leaving home in the mornings and it’s a one time thing. There is no blinking D light, never been. The transmission was scanned and the rewire said there was no error code (I still doubt). The first time he scanned it, the error showed the lower solenoid was the culprit, I couldn’t get a replacement then, he cleaned the old solenoid and put it back. For a few weeks the problem was gone until it started again recently.

What may be the problem? I checked YouTube, read online and saw probable causes: solenoid included.

Aside this slipping gear which happens seldomly, the gear shifts fine and engages all gears without issues.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by raphroye: 11:18am On Apr 21
Dahniyel:
Hello boss, I got this code on My Honda Accord 2009. I also observed the fuel consumption is a bit high, aside that the engine runs sommthly. What could be the solution please?
Were you able to get a solution to the fuel consumption?? My 2009 Honda Accord fuel consumption is also a bit high
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by raystar96(m): 2:03pm On Apr 21
Honda cars are difficult to maintain, especially when you get the wrong mechanic,the first mechanic I was introduced to showed me hell ,but the second mechanic I met ,wow...he his God sent "Isaac @ agbara"..he has brought me laughter.He attends to your car like his own car ,even when he notice any fault,he swiftly calls your attention to it, Honda cars can be really complicated most times...But I'm grateful to God for some one like him.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kewtt: 2:13pm On Apr 21
raystar96:
Honda cars are difficult to maintain, especially when you get the wrong mechanic,the first mechanic I was introduced to showed me hell ,but the second mechanic I met ,wow...he his God sent "Isaac @ agbara"..he has brought me laughter.He attends to your car like his own car ,even when he notice any fault,he swiftly calls your attention to it, Honda cars can be really complicated most times...But I'm grateful to God for some one like him.
Well articulated

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by emadamysy: 2:53pm On Apr 21
Please who has a dealer or know the price for alternator for accord 2008
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Hollawayn05(m): 3:14pm On Apr 21
Kindly recommend some of the durable Honda cars
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 3:21pm On Apr 21
raystar96:
Honda cars are difficult to maintain especially when you get the wrong mechanic,the first mechanic I was introduced to showed me hell ,but the second mechanic I met ,wow...he his God sent "Isaac @ agbara"..he has brought me laughter.He attends to your car like his own car ,even when he notice any fault,he swiftly calls your attention to it, [s]Honda cars can be really complicated most times[/s] ...But I'm grateful to God for some one like him.

Honda is a Japanese bestselling & low maintenance brand for many models and years for many reasons but mainly because of its OWNERS wink

If you're a BAD owner, every vehicle will become BAD for you cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 3:22pm On Apr 21
Hollawayn05:
Kindly recommend some of the durable Honda cars

Depends on your needs. What do you need a vehicle for?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 3:22pm On Apr 21
raphroye:

Were you able to get a solution to the fuel consumption?? My 2009 Honda Accord fuel consumption is also a bit high

Any check engine light on?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 7:05pm On Apr 21
raystar96:
Are Honda cars really difficult to maintain? I doubt that. A couple of factors make Hondas seem problematic in this country Nigeria.
1. Unavailability of genuine parts. This includes unavailability of genuine oils. Some of these products are only available in Lagos which is a big challenge if you are not in Lagos.
2. Cost of these genuine products. Yes, most of us are just managing life and can not comfortably afford these parts and products.
3. Unwillingness to spend money on the car. Yes, nobody likes throwing money away, but Nigerians have A1 in economy. An average Nigerian can comfortably buy a 10m car but find it difficult to buy a 50k part, even when they have millions chilling in their accounts. We just want a car we will buy and drive it for 10yrs without even changing engine oil. Honda is definitely not that car. Our maintenance culture is very low. That's why a 20yr old car imported from abroad is still basically brand new,but come and see that same car after 3yrs in Nigeria.
4. Lack of technical know-how. Most of our so-called mechanics are kazeem's at best. They think Hondas are peugoet 504 or our grandparents. Imagine someone telling you a blinking CEL doesn't mean anything.
5. Unavailability of standard equipments to fix the cars to standard. As common as ball joint issues are on Hondas, how many people here has seen a ball joint puller? Extremely few, if any. Many equipments needed to appropriately fix our cars are simply not available.
6. Most car users in Nigeria don't know jack about cars and don't even care to know. It is difficult to maintain what you know absolutely nothing about. 98% of car users in Nigeria don't even know the correct engine oil for their car. A prominent car dealer in my area warned me that the correct oil for my accord is 20w50 and warned that if I use 5w30 and anything happens to my car, that I will have myself to blame. That is a Honda parts seller. So that is what he tells every customer that wants to buy anything from him.

Now cars are coming with turbo engines, gasoline direct injection, cvt gearbox, 10-speed automatic gearbox, etc, how do we cope with the maintenance of these new technologies if we can't even fix VTEC in 1999 accord?
It is well with us.

5 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Hollawayn05(m): 8:50pm On Apr 21
Conner44:

Depends on your needs. What do you need a vehicle for?

For personal use, more for family
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 9:30pm On Apr 21
Hollawayn05:

For personal use, more for family

Okay, in my opinion for personal/family use

For Good roads and small family
powerful car = accord, acura TL/TLX
Fuel efficient car = City, civic

For BAD roads and small family
Powerful car = pilot, mdx, crosstour, zdx
Fuel efficient car = crv, crosstour(4cyl),
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Macmilla(m): 7:26am On Apr 23
Conner44:

Okay, in my opinion for personal/family use

For Good roads and small family
powerful car = accord, acura TL/TLX
Fuel efficient car = City, civic

For BAD roads and small family
Powerful car = pilot, mdx, crosstour, zdx
Fuel efficient car = crv, crosstour(4cyl),

Bad roads and small family
I've always wondered how a 2.4l engine will perform on such big car as the crosstour. Can that engine actually move that car well? Abi the thing go de run like pregnant woman?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Conner44: 7:53am On Apr 23
Macmilla:

I've always wondered how a 2.4l engine will perform on such big car as the crosstour. Can that engine actually move that car well? Abi the thing go de run like pregnant woman?

The Honda k24 has 2 basic versions. The usual ones with 160-170HP (A1, A3, A4, A8) and the souped up ones like those used in acura TLX and Civic SI (A2, A6, Z series) with from 190 to 210HP.

The crosstour uses a high output version of the latter variants of k24 engines wink so it is definitely no slouch on the road.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 3:44pm On Apr 23
Hey everyone, my car's RPM stays constant when the AC is on or off while it's in drive, and it vibrates even more when it's in reverse. This decrease in RPM when the AC is on leads to vibrations, despite no check engine light being on. I've already had the throttle body serviced, and all my engine mounts are fine. It's a Honda Accord 2009 with a 2.0L engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kewtt: 3:49pm On Apr 23
remi4ever:
Hello guys, my Car's rpm remains the same on idle when ac is on or off and gear is on drive and it is even worse when it's on reverse. This low rpm when ac is on, causes vibration. No check engine light. Throttle body has been serviced.

Car moves well, but if my ac is on and car is idle, rpm is below 1000 and that causes vibration.

All my engine mounts are okay.

Honda accord 2009 2.0L engine .
Write in English language.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by remi4ever(m): 4:20pm On Apr 23
Kewtt:

Write in English language.

I was in a hurry, and I'm pretty sure that is not Japanese.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.