Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,801 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889220 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2016
brigglez:

Hello, please what transmission fluid will you recommend for honda pilot 2005 and honda crv 2003 respectively.

Thanks.

ignore previous advice. Use DW1 only for those transmissions. Do not use Z1 or dextron anything.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Omike85(m): 11:14pm On Apr 26, 2016
I have a Honda accord 2001 v6 with very rough idle.. scanned for codes and I got p0301-p0306 misfire detected. changed all plugs' coils, cleaned nozzles still the same. what else can I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 6:42am On Apr 27, 2016
femicousim:

It's Z1, but you may use DEXRON III

Wrong advice....
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On Apr 27, 2016
Omike85:
I have a Honda accord 2001 v6 with very rough idle.. scanned for codes and I got p0301-p0306 misfire detected. changed all plugs' coils, cleaned nozzles still the same. what else can I do?

check fuel pressure, look for leaks around injector area.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by coolb(m): 8:50am On Apr 27, 2016
@Gazzuzz please reply to my early post..... still waiting for ur professional advice.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sicario1: 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2016
I have an 08 accord with engine knocking noise on cold start and when accelerating. When i take my leg off the pedal or normal idling. it sounds great and quiet. scanning throws a knock sensor code. Had a peep at the sensor and found no wire connection/connector to it. Will locating the cable and connecting fix this knocking sound or is there other things to look out for.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
sicario1:
I have an 08 accord with engine knocking noise on cold start and when accelerating. When i take my leg off the pedal or normal idling. it sounds great and quiet. scanning throws a knock sensor code. Had a peep at the sensor and found no wire connection/connector to it. Will locating the cable and connecting fix this knocking sound or is there other things to look out for.

The knock sensor has a wire harness & the absence of it could be responsible for the cold start rattling, very common with 2008 accord 4 cylinder engines.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Irwindickson(m): 6:58am On Apr 29, 2016
Pls how much is 02 sensor for honda accord 2003?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by saleesu: 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2016
Hello All, pls I will want to know on conditions for replacing transmission fluid and differential flipuid for a CRV. Is it when the car is cold in the morning before driving or once the car is warm. Your prompt responses will be appreciated pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 8:17am On Apr 30, 2016
sicario1:

Did someone work on your engine (say your kick starter) recently?

There should be a wire plugged into the socket on the knock sensor, and that socket has a key that keeps the wire in place. It is easy to forget to re-connect the wire if not observant.

Plug that wire into the socket and observe if that solves the problem.. I expect it to solve it, if sensor good. Ideally, you should clear the code and re-scan after driving for the day. If the code still pops up, then sensor may be bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by copiescopy(m): 8:18am On Apr 30, 2016
Hi guys .

I use a Honda accord 2004 EOD. some months back i notice the automatic gear will disengage will driving . i took it to a mechanic who recommended a gear service . the gear service did some stuff by cleaning out the solenoid or what have you and replaced the fluid with Holts . I noticed the same thing happening again over the past 1 week . and a new mechanic has advised i use Mobil ..though i dont know the exact name. after replacing the fluid with Mobil i really don't know the TYPE. Fast forward two days later the same thing happens . the gear disengaes a lot when on D .but i could use d1 and d2 which is just to move the car on slow pace .but once i am on D i discover the engine revs up to to highest point without the gears picking ... exert in the house i would love your guide on what to do and if i should go for a new gear or still continue with the trial and error all those mechanics perform on the transmission
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 9:11am On Apr 30, 2016
copiescopy:
Hi guys .

I use a Honda accord 2004 EOD. some months back i notice the automatic gear will disengage will driving . i took it to a mechanic who recommended a gear service . the gear service did some stuff by cleaning out the solenoid or what have you and replaced the fluid with Holts . I noticed the same thing happening again over the past 1 week . and a new mechanic has advised i use Mobil ..though i dont know the exact name. after replacing the fluid with Mobil i really don't know the TYPE. Fast forward two days later the same thing happens . the gear disengaes a lot when on D .but i could use d1 and d2 which is just to move the car on slow pace .but once i am on D i discover the engine revs up to to highest point without the gears picking ... exert in the house i would love your guide on what to do and if i should go for a new gear or still continue with the trial and error all those mechanics perform on the transmission

Your gear is slipping and you are using the wrong fluids. Scan transmission for codes. Note: an ordinary OBD2 scanner will not have ability to scan the AT.
Lastly, do x3 drain and fill with DW1 you will need at least 9 quarts. Drain fill, drive around for a while and do again.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by copiescopy(m): 10:38am On Apr 30, 2016
Piyke:

Your gear is slipping and you are using the wrong fluids. Scan transmission for codes. Note: an ordinary OBD2 scanner will not have ability to scan the AT.
Lastly, do x3 drain and fill with DW1 you will need at least 9 quarts. Drain fill, drive around for a while and do again.

Thank you very much for the sound and well articulated advise . I needed that .I have been having sleepless night since this incidents began happening .now knowing there is a solution I am over joyed .

Again sir, By doing a 3x drain does that mean i will need how many ltrs ? pls i dont know the measurements in quartz .

Again sir where is the nearest market I can get the DW1
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by billyG(m): 11:39am On Apr 30, 2016
pls helep me,my honda 2000,autogear is sluggish, delayed in engaging,d change frm 1 to 2 is slow,observe d gear oil is black.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alajimeche: 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2016
Please help house.My Honda Accord 2005 model is behaving funny lately.Its starts n drives normal bt after an hour when d engine gets warn it refuses to select gear. Starts to spurt. If I leave again to cool down for like an hour it drives normal again.My mechanic says it's the gear that I shld change it. But I believe it must be some sensors acting funny.I have changed d gear oil and serviced d sensor n still d issue persist. not done a scan though.please I need urgent assistance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by saleesu: 2:02pm On Apr 30, 2016
saleesu:
Hello All, pls I will want to know on conditions for replacing transmission fluid and differential flipuid for a CRV. Is it when the car is cold in the morning before driving or once the car is warm. Your prompt responses will be appreciated pls.
pls still awaiting response
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flyingman(m): 3:04pm On Apr 30, 2016
nas00:

Did someone work on your engine (say your kick starter) recently?

There should be a wire plugged into the socket on the knock sensor, and that socket has a key that keeps the wire in place. It is easy to forget to re-connect the wire if not observant.

Plug that wire into the socket and observe if that solves the problem.. I expect it to solve it, if sensor good. Ideally, you should clear the code and re-scan after driving for the day. If the code still pops up, then sensor may be bad.

Thanks for the response. Not at all. The engine was changed a couple of months ago. Maybe they forgot. Found a loose wire with no connector. We got a single pin and connected to the sensor. Tho issue persist.

The knocking noise is quite intense only when accelerating. Someone suggested changing the top cylinder head will eliminate the noise completely that the knock sensor isn't the cause.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by soonest(f): 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2016
inze:

. . . Came back to Lagos yesterday and found the car has corrected itself against as previously reported. Doors no longer locks itself while engine is ON and remote now unlocks all door at second press.

Meanwhile, have you had any success as to why it occurred because i myself have not
Sorry I just saw my mention.So far so good
No idea on d cause still.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 9:06pm On Apr 30, 2016
copiescopy:

Thank you very much for the sound and well articulated advise . I needed that .I have been having sleepless night since this incidents began happening .now knowing there is a solution I am over joyed .

Again sir, By doing a 3x drain does that mean i will need how many ltrs ? pls i dont know the measurements in quartz .

Again sir where is the nearest market I can get the DW1

Contact Luvinghubby.
Just get 9 cans of DW1, it comes in 1quart cans. Note that changing to DW1 is not a guarantee that the slipping will go away. Damage may have occurred to the AT. However wrong ATF can cause slipping hence the advice to return to the recommended fluid first. Also run a scan on the AT.
Best of luck
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 9:08pm On Apr 30, 2016
soonest:

Sorry I just saw my mention.So far so good
No idea on d cause still.

. . . kinda found my way around it. Next time it goes gaga, try start the car with its driver door open and engage the neutral gear before you shut the door.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 11:18pm On Apr 30, 2016
Flyingman:

Thanks for the response. Not at all. The engine was changed a couple of months ago. Maybe they forgot. Found a loose wire with no connector. We got a single pin and connected to the sensor. Tho issue persist.

The knocking noise is quite intense only when accelerating. Someone suggested changing the top cylinder head will eliminate the noise completely that the knock sensor isn't the cause.

Ok Sir.

Instead of taking these 'suggestions' of replacing cylinder head etc, I suggest you run a diagnostic scan on the car first. You don't necessarily have to be trying out random maneuvers. It wastes time as well as resources, and more problems may be created in the process.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rofemiguwa(f): 11:20pm On Apr 30, 2016
Hello house, please I need urgent solution. I drive a 2005 EOD. Jus yesterday, when I got home as I tried getting off. The hand of my bag ppulled the gear button and broke it. That button u have to depress in order to use the gear. Am so confused. I can't use the car again.
Please is it replaceable. Am in lagos. Any references to a good mechanic that can change it for me. As it is now, everytin came off.

Please please someone shud help me out.cc luvinghubby,gazzuzz

Thank you all
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Hello house, please I need urgent solution. I drive a 2005 EOD. Jus yesterday, when I got home as I tried getting off. The hand of my bag ppulled the gear button and broke it. That button u have to depress in order to use the gear. Am so confused. I can't use the car again.
Please is it replaceable. Am in lagos. Any references to a good mechanic that can change it for me. As it is now, everytin came off.

Please please someone shud help me out.cc luvinghubby,gazzuzz

Thank you all

that's an easy fix, it didn't break off, look on the floormat of the vehicle, you will find a screw or 2 lying around, it fell of the gear handle that's why the head came off, get any one that is skilled in using a screw driver to screw it back on.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rofemiguwa(f): 12:12am On May 01, 2016
Thanks for ur fast response. It broke.like there were plastic pieces over. The button came out with a slanted piece and debris. The odr half is inside with the spring. It later came off with the spring. The two slanted pieces and debris makes a lastic circle thaT depresses the spring I guess. Am jus devastated. Is there a solution.
Am scared if I use glue. It will stick n not depress anymore rendering the gear stick useless.
For now the gear stick is just dere with a big hole in the head.
Thank God I already parked before the tragedy.

Pls helpp me out.
GAZZUZZ:

that's an easy fix, it didn't break off, look on the floormat of the vehicle, you will find a screw or 2 lying around, it fell of the gear handle that's why the head came off, get any one that is skilled in using a screw driver to screw it back on.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:43am On May 01, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Thanks for ur fast response. It broke.like there were plastic pieces over. The button came out with a slanted piece and debris. The odr half is inside with the spring. It later came off with the spring. The two slanted pieces and debris makes a lastic circle thaT depresses the spring I guess. Am jus devastated. Is there a solution.
Am scared if I use glue. It will stick n not depress anymore rendering the gear stick useless.
For now the gear stick is just dere with a big hole in the head.
Thank God I already parked before the tragedy.

Pls helpp me out.

pics?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rofemiguwa(f): 8:43am On May 01, 2016
See
GAZZUZZ:

pics?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:15am On May 01, 2016
rofemiguwa:
See

ok agreed you broke it sad it is easily replaceable, but parts might be hard to get on sunday, easier to get on monday, will get back to you. I assume you are in lagos?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rofemiguwa(f): 9:36am On May 01, 2016
Thank you so much. Yes am in lagos. Will be execting to hear from u tomorrow.
God bless you.
GAZZUZZ:

ok agreed you broke it sad it is easily replaceable, but parts might be hard to get on sunday, easier to get on monday, will get back to you. I assume you are in lagos?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by arduino: 1:33pm On May 01, 2016
rofemiguwa:
Thank you so much. Yes am in lagos. Will be execting to hear from u tomorrow.
God bless you.
That is Honda gear-knob. It's sold for N700(brand new) a piece in Jos and I believe it may be cheaper in Lagos.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alajimeche: 4:41pm On May 01, 2016
Someone please help me with a solution please!
alajimeche:
Please help house.My Honda Accord 2005 model is behaving funny lately.Its starts n drives normal bt after an hour when d engine gets warn it refuses to select gear. Starts to spurt. If I leave again to cool down for like an hour it drives normal again.My mechanic says it's the gear that I shld change it. But I believe it must be some sensors acting funny.I have changed d gear oil and serviced d sensor n still d issue persist. not done a scan though.please I need urgent assistance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 6:22pm On May 01, 2016
rofemiguwa:
See

Be calm Ma'am.

While you await a new gear knob, you can still drive the car in the meantime by following the following instructions:

1) Peep inside the hole where the gear knob used to occupy and remove all remaining plastic chips with a screwdriver (a torch may be of assistance).

2) You will see an upright metal rod inside, with a slanting top. Whenever you need to move the gear stick, you must stick in your index finger and feel for the slanted tip of the rod. Then, depress (press down) the rod. Once the rod is depressed, you can shift the gear.

**I hope you find this helpful.

Cheers!!

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by rofemiguwa(f): 7:24pm On May 01, 2016
Thank you so much. Atleast I know hw to taKe it to the mechanic now. God bless you all.
nas00:

Be calm Ma'am.

While you await a new gear knob, you can still drive the car in the meantime by following the following instructions:

1) Peep inside the hole where the gear knob used to occupy and remove all remaining plastic chips with a screwdriver (a torch may be of assistance).

2) You will see an upright metal rod inside, with a slanting top. Whenever you need to move the gear stick, you must stick in your index finger and feel for the slanted tip of the rod. Then, depress (press down) the rod. Once the rod is depressed, you can shift the gear.

**I hope you find this helpful.

Cheers!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.