Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,536 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (892405 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (433) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2017
Olisa4all:
2006 Honda Accord Ex-L V6 with Dual Zone Climate Control.
1st,The air from passenger side vents is colder than that of the driver side vents.
2ndly, the vents on the far left and right for both driver and passenger hardly blows any air out unless I increase the fan speed to the 4th or 5th speed.
Any resolutions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTCrBgH7k9E
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Olisa4all: 10:54am On Jan 02, 2017
nas00:

1st issue: Assuming you are having this issue with the driver's side climate control temperature set for its coldest (thick blue), you are LOW on refrigerant. Recharging your a/c system with good refrigerant will solve that.

2nd issue: Your cabin air filter must be very dirty. Replace it and you'll get much better air flow and colder too.

Cheers!

A happy and blessed 2017 to all smiley

Cabin air filter was the 1st thing I checked, it still looked like it's in good condition but I'll change that to be 100% sure.
Then I'll take it to the Ac guys to add "gas" grin
Thanks alot.
inze:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTCrBgH7k9E

This was the video I used when I checked the air filter, lol.
Thanks too
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ColeworldMD(m): 8:01pm On Jan 02, 2017
Hapi new year to all chiefs Gazzuzz, luvinhubby, nas00 et al.. pls my EOD 2005 power steering fluid is shorting but not driping on the floor. Its currently below the low mark. I ordered for original honda fluid on konga but didnt get it. 1. Is there any alternative brand i can use? Or is there any place i can get original in abuja
2. What is the probably source of the shorting?
Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:02pm On Jan 02, 2017
ColeworldMD:
Hapi new year to all chiefs Gazzuzz, luvinhubby, nas00 et al.. pls my EOD 2005 power steering fluid is shorting but not driping on the floor. Its currently below the low mark. I ordered for original honda fluid on konga but didnt get it. 1. Is there any alternative brand i can use? Or is there any place i can get original in abuja
Thank you

Unseen leakage, probably from plunger.

Genuine Honda PSF available.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
ColeworldMD:
Thank you

You can contact this guy in abuja for the fluid https://www.nairaland.com/3528331/best-places-lubricants-more-abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ColeworldMD(m): 8:43am On Jan 03, 2017
luvinhubby:

Unseen leakage, probably from plunger.

Genuine Honda PSF available.
thanks oga. How much to deliver in abuja?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ColeworldMD(m): 8:43am On Jan 03, 2017
Piyke:

You can contact this guy in abuja for the fluid https://www.nairaland.com/3528331/best-places-lubricants-more-abuja
thanks boss. I will get in touch with him
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 05, 2017
Hello house, I have changed my honda accord 06 engine oil from 20W50 for Mobil 1 5w30, I have been experiencing serious oil shortage that i have to top up within 2 or 3 days, and there is no traces of leakage, Please assist me with what i can do to put end to the oil shortage, Mobil 1 is expensive, Abeg help help help

luvinhubby
gazzuzz
mayor2013
kingreign
etc
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:41am On Jan 05, 2017
troubleman007:
Hello house, I have changed my honda accord 06 engine oil from 20W50 for Mobil 1 5w30, I have been experiencing serious oil shortage that i have to top up within 2 or 3 days, and there is no traces of leakage, Please assist me with what i can do to put end to the oil shortage, Mobil 1 is expensive, Abeg help help help

luvinhubby
gazzuzz
mayor2013
kingreign
etc

go back to 20w50.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 05, 2017
Thanks boss, but i have only us 20W50 twice, please i want to stick to full synthetic oil , can i use 0W 40??
GAZZUZZ:

go back to 20w50.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:31am On Jan 05, 2017
[sub][/sub]
troubleman007:
Thanks boss, but i have only us 20W50 twice, please i want to stick to full synthetic oil , can i use 0W 40??

Engine is spent, and will need an overhaul.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by RazaqMB(m): 12:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
[sub][/sub]

Engine is spent, and will need an overhaul.
is it a good idea to overhaul an engine sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:51pm On Jan 05, 2017
RazaqMB:

with original parts yes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 4:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
troubleman007:

luvinhubby
gazzuzz
mayor2013
kingreign
etc

Sorry to ask this please; Are you sure you are using or you got the genuine Mobil 1? I had similar experience with my 06 Honda Accord EX having oil shortage with no leaks and no smoke from exhaust using Total Quartz 5000 (20W50) twice this year and was told that my engine is spent and not to use the recommended oil of 5w20. I went ahead later in August to use milemaster(not advertising please) 5w20 and I have covered 4000+ kms with no single drop in oil level till date with 30% oil life left.
My advice is to possibly double check on your source of getting the oil, it might not be entirely a case of engine spent.
Thanks to everyone in this forum for continuous support

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by igbizen(m): 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2017
How much is the transmission switch for pilot 2010.
How much is the crankshaft position sensor for pilot 2010.
And how much is the aluminium lower arm of pilot 2010.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2017
Thanks so much bro, i only service the engine twice with mobile XHP 20W50, i got original mobil 1 5w30 from mobil filling on island .. i think i would opt out. For milemaster and see what's gonna happen.. thanks so much once again
damuseron:

Sorry to ask this please; Are you sure you are using or you got the genuine Mobil 1? I had similar experience with my 06 Honda Accord EX having oil shortage with no leaks and no smoke from exhaust using Total Quartz 5000 (20W50) twice this year and was told that my engine is spent and not to use the recommended oil of 5w20. I went ahead later in August to use milemaster(not advertising please) 5w20 and I have covered 4000+ kms with no single drop in oil level till date with 30% oil life left.
My advice is to possibly double check on your source of getting the oil, it might not be entirely a case of engine spent.
Thanks to everyone in this forum for continuous support
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tolulinks(m): 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

with original parts yes.
Is overhauling an engine the same thing as buying half engine? Mine just smokes occasionally
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:48pm On Jan 05, 2017
RazaqMB:

Overhauling engines with genuine parts appear to be the only option now as the harsh economic climate have severely reduced the quantity of direct fairly used engines in the market, so many are refurbished engines put up for sale.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by damuseron(m): 5:56am On Jan 06, 2017
troubleman007:
Thanks so much bro, i only service the engine twice with mobile XHP 20W50, i got original mobil 1 5w30 from mobil filling on island .. i think i would opt out. For milemaster and see what's gonna happen.. thanks so much once again

Am not recommending the oil as a better product please, I haven't tried Mobil 1 before but I have heard so many great reports about it. Hence, my asking you to verify that you got the right one.
If it's the right one, have your Mechanic confirm no leakage anywhere. If there's no leakage anywhere as you said earlier "no traces of leakage", I do be looking at engine oil that will work if am in your shoes.
"But the pros in the house may be right."
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by RazaqMB(m): 7:25am On Jan 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

with original parts yes.
OK. Thanks sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by RazaqMB(m): 7:26am On Jan 06, 2017
luvinhubby:

Overhauling engines with genuine parts appear to be the only option now as the harsh economic climate have severely reduced the quantity of direct fairly used engines in the market, so many are refurbished engines put up for sale.
OK. Thank you for the info
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by uchlukez(f): 7:46am On Jan 06, 2017
Good morning. I have a 2012 Honda accord i4. During Christmas travel, I had to change fuel pump more than 3 times and after each change, when the car is driven for like 30 minutes, it will start jerking and would not cross 60km speed. I am tired of changing fuel pumps and would want to know if there is a special fuel pump for this accord? I attach below some pumps that I changed recently.

Kindly help.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:08am On Jan 06, 2017
uchlukez:
Good morning. I have a 2012 Honda accord i4. During Christmas travel, I had to change fuel pump more than 3 times and after each change, when the car is driven for like 30 minutes, it will start jerking and would not cross 60km speed. I am tired of changing fuel pumps and would want to know if there is a special fuel pump for this accord? I attach below some pumps that I changed recently.

Kindly help.

Stop replacing the pump, replace the pump plus Case.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Namzy(m): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2017
uchlukez:

Kindly help.
Scan your car if there are codes. Might not be the fuel pump and your car is entering limp mode
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 06, 2017
Good day Gazzuzz,

I drive a 2007 Honda Accord V6. When driving on a smooth road, I hear a faint rattling sound each time I push the Throttle pedal especially at low speeds but it goes away as soon as I take my foot off. What should I do please?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
ovkie:
Good day Gazzuzz,

I drive a 2007 Honda Accord V6. When driving on a smooth road, I hear a faint rattling sound each time I push the Throttle pedal especially at low speeds but it goes away as soon as I take my foot off. What should I do please?

from? Engine, transmission? Suspension? Interior/body?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olutony14(m): 7:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
uchlukez:

Kindly help.

Get your car scanned first. it might not be fuel pump. i have similar issue with my Honda CRV, after scanning it and discovered it was oil switch sensor problem. you can easy get a Bluetooth auto scanner for yourself at average price of N5000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

from? Engine, transmission? Suspension? Interior/body?

Thanks for your reply. From the Engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
ovkie:

Thanks for your reply. From the Engine

scan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by uchlukez(f): 9:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Stop replacing the pump, replace the pump plus Case.

Thank you Ogallala Gazzuzz. Will try that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by uchlukez(f): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2017
olutony14:

Get your car scanned first. it might not be fuel pump. i have similar issue with my Honda CRV, after scanning it and discovered it was oil switch sensor problem. you can easy get a Bluetooth auto scanner for yourself at average price of N5000

Thank u sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2017
uchlukez:

Thank you Ogallala Gazzuzz. Will try that

are you sure your diagnosis of fuel pressure is correct? Have you scanned?

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (433) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.