Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage (2901 Views)

Six Signs Your Relationship Is Heading Towards Marriage / Dating Tips For Singles, A Must Read / He Saw A Positive Pregnancy Result In Her Room. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by freecocoa(f): 1:32pm On Jul 23, 2012
::Andrew:::

WILL YOU MARRY ME?
No i won't because you are already married to Agybabe tongue
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Ybutterfly: 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2012
^^^^^^^^NIIICe thREAd^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by IZUKWU(m): 2:06pm On Jul 23, 2012
Marriage is a permanent institution at least was the impression i had growing up but today permit me to say that it is no longer so. It's something you could enter and exist when you feel like notminding your partners feelings. You said it is not a bondage,look around and see ,40% of married folks are in misery,some hate their partners ,some even in to the extent of murder. The other 30% are just enduring their marriage ,marriage should be enjoyed not endured. It's only about 30% that could tell you or you could see that the marriage is enjoyable. Marriage will come when it will . It is a necessary evil. Enter at your own risk.be ready for anything. Your wife could become your enemy tomorrow,you could suddenly discovered that that boy that calls you daddy is actually not your biological son.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by ATMC(f): 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2012
@izu u r real! But imo,it's no necessary evil. How can it be when it was ordained by god? Dt's by d way, what do i do to join d 30% dt r enjoying theirs?
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Tedpgrass: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2012
The adage that states marriage is an eye opener is real.

I'd say, put on ur specs well b4 getting in but take them off whilst in it.

See it as a business deal.....
You do your due diligence and research properly... once in it, compromise and readjustment will be needed, whilst commiting to the entirety of the time period.

Girls: The false lashes, make-up, designer dresses, "big girl lifestyle"...... will not be present 40-50 years from now, a good character will be.

Guys, the aggressive, "my word is final" attitude only gets u into trouble. Or the let's chop and clean mouth... gets u AIDS whether physical or emotional.

Address it as a biz: aims, goals, objectives... short, mid and longterm.

Aim to develop each other ....
Pray together, whatever faith u allude to.
A sense of humour is needed..

Enjoy not endure!!!

Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 23, 2012
IZUKWU: Marriage is a permanent institution at least was the impression i had growing up but today permit me to say that it is no longer so. It's something you could enter and exist when you feel like notminding your partners feelings. You said it is not a bondage,look around and see ,40% of married folks are in misery,some hate their partners ,some even in to the extent of murder. The other 30% are just enduring their marriage ,marriage should be enjoyed not endured. It's only about 30% that could tell you or you could see that the marriage is enjoyable. Marriage will come when it will . It is a necessary evil. Enter at your own risk.be ready for anything. Your wife could become your enemy tomorrow,you could suddenly discovered that that boy that calls you daddy is actually not your biological son.
There is no perfect marriage anywhere, neither is there a "happily ever after" kind of marriage. You define what you want from your marriage. And i am sure everyone wants a happy marriage. Since happy marriages do not occur naturally, effort is needed on our part to make that union a success.

Would you refuse to enter a car because there are auto crashes everyday?

Yes marriages are failing, and that is why a lot of us are skeptical about it. But does it make sense to start a project hoping you will fail?

A lot of problems in marriages are as a direct result of simple avoidable fallouts. Do you necessarily need to make a big deal out of nothing?

Some people already have a mindset that they can jump in and out of a bad relationship, without atleast trying to work things out. With this kind of mindset, do you think they'll give 2 cents what happens to their marriage when they eventually do get married?

Now, would you sell off a car because a replaceable part like the injector for instance, is faulty?

A positive mentality helps when contemplating marriage. . .
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
Tedpgrass: The adage that states marriage is an eye opener is real.

I'd say, put on ur specs well b4 getting in but take them off whilst in it.

See it as a business deal.....
You do your due diligence and research properly... once in it, compromise and readjustment will be needed, whilst commiting to the entirety of the time period.

Girls: The false lashes, make-up, designer dresses, "big girl lifestyle"...... will not be present 40-50 years from now, a good character will be.

Guys, the aggressive, "my word is final" attitude only gets u into trouble. Or the let's chop and clean mouth... gets u AIDS whether physical or emotional.

Address it as a biz: aims, goals, objectives... short, mid and longterm.

Aim to develop each other ....
Pray together, whatever faith u allude to.
A sense of humour is needed..

Enjoy not endure!!!

Nice points, although i do believe endurance is also a needed quality.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by ATMC(f): 2:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
D key to a lasting marriage is communication nd being natural. Openness not necessarily transparency is a feature of a good marriage
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by ATMC(f): 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2012
D key to fulfilment in marriage is having d mind of helping each other fulfill their purpose.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by ATMC(f): 2:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
D key to being happily married is being a servant...
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2012
ATMC: D key to being happily married is being a servant...
Being a servant is not a one way thing. . . More like being sensitive to the needs of each other.

Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by ATMC(f): 3:02pm On Jul 23, 2012
...therefore to be happy nd fulfilled in a lasting marriage, humble ur self while loving unconditionally with respect to d main author of marriage. Remove pride. Be forgiving. Try nd keep faith. Don't deny sex. Be considerate...e no easy at all, we all need d key to life...grace!
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by ATMC(f): 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2012
sexkillz: Being a servant is not a one way thing. . . More like being sensitive to the needs of each other.

yeah its a two way thing, but guys know this but wont practice it!
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 23, 2012
ATMC: ...therefore to be happy nd fulfilled in a lasting marriage, humble ur self while loving unconditionally with respect to d main author of marriage. Remove pride. Be forgiving. Try nd keep faith. Don't deny sex. Be considerate...e no easy at all, we all need d key to life...grace!
A+
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2012
ATMC: yeah its a two way thing, but guys know this but wont practice it!
Not all guys know it. And not all guys that know it, practice it!
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Tedpgrass: 3:17pm On Jul 23, 2012
Such positive comments.
There's still hope, I daresay

I take on the endurance bit from sexkillz.
More like selflessness, I dare suggest.

But place emphasis on the need to work together as a couple.

With a joint goal or focus, nothing is impossible.

God bless u all.

Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2012
Tedpgrass: Such positive comments.
There's still hope, I daresay

I take on the endurance bit from sexkillz.
More like selflessness, I dare suggest.

But place emphasis on the need to work together as a couple.

With a joint goal or focus, nothing is impossible.

God bless u all.

The endurance. . .
Look at it this way. You noticed negative trait in her and you tell her about it. She tries to change, but once in a while she does it again. I think you need to endure in cases like that cos she is really putting up an effort to be better.

But of course it could become selfishness too. Especially is she "insists".
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by beylinko(m): 4:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
Thumbs up killz.
Many tend 2 shy away from dis and dis is wat brought d misconception abt marriage.
Marriage in oda words can be tagged "responsibility".many wants 2 be married n yet they are not takin responsibilties abt knowin about dis. Just lyk a man said " many spend 5-7 years learnin abt rats n lizards bt wen it cums 2 d issue of marriage they knw notin abt it."You don't learn 2 shoot on d battlefield,u learn d intricates right b4 u venture into it.
Talkin about cars;imagine Mr A n Mr B buyin d same model of cars,same day. Give them 2yrs n check their cars,u wil be suprise at how dos car wud be different from 1 anoda. So wat is dis difference? Maintenance. The tym spent in washin d car,greasin it,oilin it...will clearly show--wat a man sow he will reap.

Anoda misconception many have about marriage is perfection. We tend 2 forget we grow in marriage. Growth is a sign of good health,improvement. Don't u tink havin a perfect spouse is boredom. .
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2012
Evrytin created by God is good, like man,woman and even marriage.pple just twist it and add so many wrongs into it and say that how it shud be.The only pple important in a marriage is you,ur spouse n God, when odas re allowed into it, it gets complicated and there by u see d bondage that is ovbious these days.like everyodathing, if u prepare well for it, you will have it good.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by claremont(m): 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2012
Modern marriages is more like a raffle draw, it's a game of probability. In order for it to work, both parties must be at the right place, at the right time, and they must be right for each other; the likelihood of this happening varies for different people. It's very easy for unmarried people to talk about theoretical concepts, transforming these theoretical concepts into practical realities is another ball game altogether.

I would argue that marriage is not for all of us. There are some people who actually do prefer a long-term relationship, rather than face the perils of an unholy union. Moreover, modern marriages have since outlived its usefulness, especially when viewed against the fact that everything being supposedly enjoyed in a marriage can as well be enjoyed outside the marriage.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by seedord247(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2012
Thank God. . I'm still in my early 20's. I dont have time for relationship not to talk of marriage. grin

Let the old cargoes in the house pump it up!
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Killz1(m): 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2012
seedord247: Thank God. . I'm still in my early 20's. I dont have time for relationship not to talk of marriage. grin

Haha. Your time dey come. . . grin
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Killz1(m): 7:51pm On Jul 23, 2012
claremont: Modern marriages is more like a raffle draw, it's a game of probability. In order for it to work, both parties must be at the right place, at the right time, and they must be right for each other; the likelihood of this happening varies for different people. It's very easy for unmarried people to talk about theoretical concepts, transforming these theoretical concepts into practical realities is another ball game altogether.

I would argue that marriage is not for all of us. There are some people who actually do prefer a long-term relationship, rather than face the perils of an unholy union. Moreover, modern marriages have since outlived its usefulness, especially when viewed against the fact that everything being supposedly enjoyed in a marriage can as well be enjoyed outside the marriage.
Outlived it's usefulness? C'mon man. . .
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by cindyrella(f): 7:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
seedord247: Thank God. . I'm still in my early 20's. I dont have time for relationship not to talk of marriage. grin

My thoughts exactly grin grin grin
@topic
I Am too young to start thinking of Marriage embarassed
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by beylinko(m): 8:49am On Jul 24, 2012
...U come back from work,same smile,laugher,kisses, same mode of intimacy ,even wen u bleepup durin S..ex she stays there grinin at u. Even u will get angry.
It wil also interest u to know dat the differences btw each individuals is wats spices up our home. REMEMBER, s/he came frm a different home so u can't expect ur views,upbringins 2 be d same. Therefore d need 4 courtship cannot be overemphasied.
Lyk a garden,if marriage is not attended 2,different types of weeds begin 2 grow n soon enough u wil see rodents,grasscutters n all manners
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by slimyem: 9:18am On Jul 24, 2012
*yawns*
this thread is the definition of BORING!
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by MrsChima(f): 9:34am On Jul 24, 2012
pendo89:
It's great if you marry the right person, at the right time, and for the right reason

And even after uv doen that? there is no guarantee it's gonna last. Seen many fall.

Just marry cz uv chosen to and work hard at it but be ready for any shocks.

True words Pendo. kiss Many people have no idea what marriage is about and how to survive it simply because many have married or considering for the wrong reasons. It doesn't help when you have those whom are marrying simply because it is a way of survival and getting out of broken situations. Individuals with such mindset will never live happily and will always look on the other side even with a diamond stone worth more than all of Africa.

It is not for the weak minded nor immature ones. It requires both parties to fight TOGETHER and stay on ONE ACCORD for the betterment of the WHOLE FAMILY and refrain from being selfish will go a long way in marriage.

It will be times where you want to strangle your partner but at the end....you can't live without the one you promised to love and cherish. It can work when both deeply wants to be together, love, respect, and cherish each other.

One must know when to lead and when to step back and allow your other half to lead....after all you both are cleaved as ONE.

That's the TRUTH ABOUT MARRIAGE and yes....it can get bloody at times...but it is worth it when the person is the right one. wink
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2012
What is the essence of this thread?
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by cog1: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2012
Going into marriage without adequate
Preparation is like learning to use a
Parachute after you jumped out a plane!
Some people would like to learn from bitter
Experience;but the wise learn from the
Experience of others.
Marriage can be a bed of roses when planned;
It can also be a lifetime of woes when
Unplanned.
Reading the Bible and what it has to say
On marriage and choosing a suitable mate
can be very helpful for those who are
Christians;for the atheists and others,
There are a number of publications on the
Issue.
Blessed day.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 24, 2012
::Andrew:::
**grabs popcorn and 3d glasses with Pepsi on hand** smiley smiley smiley
You are courting e-jedi.
Re: Singles: A Positive View Towards Marriage by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2012
IMHO o, if you can master the attribuutes of the fruit of the Spirit and fastidiously apply them in marriage then success is sure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confessions Of A Scandalous/ Romantic Nairalander / Dear Ladies, Swag Don't Pay Bills!! (hilarious Photos) / If You Where In His Possition What Will You Do????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.