Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,807 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

The Great Songhai Empire - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Great Songhai Empire (51300 Views)

Auwa The Daughter Of Askiya The Great Of Songhai Empire Married The Sarki Of Ka / The Great Yorubas, People Of A Unique And Vast Culture / History Of The Oyo Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 12:09am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: CAMEROON IS IN WEST AFRICA ...
NOT AT ALL!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 12:10am On Jul 24, 2012
cameroon is central africa except english cameroonians who consider themselves west Africans
french cameroonians are central africa in both cultural and physical features
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:10am On Jul 24, 2012
TerryCarr: that not gonna get you to America
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 24, 2012
PhysicsQED: Hey Cameroonpride, I came across this a while back:

http://www.voanews.com/content/archeological-findings-reveal-central-african-history-125075209/161668.html

Just thought I might mention it.

It mentions ancient iron working by central Africans in what is now Cameroon. I've always held that iron smelting was probably discovered independently from the rest of the world in at least one or a few parts of ancient Africa below the Sahara desert, even if the use of iron in many other parts may have been introduced from north Africa in later times.

Oh yeah, and Cameroon is in the western part of central Africa as far as most people are concerned. I don't see why it's so important to you to leave central Africa and join West Africa. What's the big deal to you about switching geographical classification?
not switching but we have to be real here if the gulf of guinea is in West Africa that's means we are in Africa...same with bakassi what if bakassi belonged to Nigeria you would have said that balkassi is in west africa right? so Cameroon is in west Africa just like nigeria.....and i have to admit that cemac members especially gabon and guinean piss me off
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 12:12am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:
cameroon is central africa except english cameroonians who consider themselves west Africans
Cameroon will never join West Africa because it's not an West African country, even though we share boundary with Nigeria brother.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:
NOT AT ALL!
talk for you .....CAMEROON IS IN WEST AFRICA...wE ARE JUST A BRIDGE TO CENTRAL AFRICA...MANY PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS CONFUSED ABOUT WHERE TO LOCATE A BRIDGE >>>BUT CAMEROON IS IN WEST AFRICA.PERIOD
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 12:13am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: not switching but we have to be real here if the gulf of guinea is in West Africa that's means we are in Africa...same with bakassi what if bakassi belonged to Nigeria you would have said that balkassi is in west africa right? so Cameroon is in west Africa just like nigeria.....and i have to admit that cemac members especially gabon and guinean piss me off
Cameroon share boundaries with about 5 countries in Central Africa and 1 with West Africa, I think it's logical brother. Plus, many languages are very similar to Central and Southern Africa more than the Western part.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:
CAMEROON IT's A BRIDGE THAT'S WHY MANY PEOPLE ARE CONFUSED....
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 12:14am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: talk for you .....CAMEROON IS IN WEST AFRICA...wE ARE JUST A BRIDGE TO CENTRAL AFRICA...MANY PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS CONFUSED ABOUT WHERE TO LOCATE A BRIDGE >>>BUT CAMEROON IS IN WEST AFRICA.PERIOD
Sorry but you're wrong, Cameroon is not included in West Africa and it's logical...
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:15am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: CAMEROON IT's A BRIDGE THAT'S WHY MANY PEOPLE ARE CONFUSED....

Bakassi how many times must I explain it to you!! Cameroon is historically NOT a West African country!!!!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:
Cameroon share boundaries with about 5 countries in Central Africa and 1 with West Africa, I think it's logical brother. Plus, many languages are very similar to Central and Southern Africa more than the Western part.
the countries which surrounded us means nothing soudan /mauritania are surrounded by Maghreb... but no one considered soudan as a Maghreb country
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 12:17am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: the countries which surrounded us means nothing soudan /mauritania are surrounded by Maghreb... but no one considered soudan as a Maghreb country
Cameroon pride what about languages and similar word we share even with Southern Africans? please it's about logic NOT affinity
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:17am On Jul 24, 2012

Central Africa location!!!

Bakassi, Cameroon is NOT in West Africa!!!

Even Nigeria is debatable!
Cameroon is 100 percent OUT!!!!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 12:18am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Central Africa location!!!

Bakassi, Cameroon is NOT in West Africa!!!

Even Nigeria is debatable!
Cameroon is 100 percent OUT!!!!
Point!
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:
Cameroon pride what about languages and similar word we share even with Southern Africans? please it's about logic NOT affinity
you miss my point i didn't say we aren't BANTU that's why we have the same feature ...it's you who is bringing affinity when you talk about the language ,foods etc..of course we are the same people but we live in different area .period...CAMEROON IS IN WEST AFRICA
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 12:19am On Jul 24, 2012
Nayah:
Onila, good evening, I'm sorry you should inform more about our History to understand our behaviour, a Malian and a Cameroonian have a total different way to behave towards the former colony, and don't forget we're NOT a colony but a protectorate, Cameroon was German and this point explain many things especially in tems of behaviour.

many africans fought against their colonial masters, no big deal

last time I checked cameroon is evolved around the french
cameroonians proudly speak french and obsessed with the french language like all french colonies except rwanda
paul biya assets and holiday spree are in france-married 2 french
marry and worship french women

cameroon is french written ard it. .germany was just history
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by PhysicsQED(m): 12:19am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: not switching but we have to be real here if the gulf of guinea is in West Africa that's means we are in Africa...same with bakassi what if bakassi belonged to Nigeria you would have said that balkassi is in west africa right? so Cameroon is in west Africa just like nigeria.....and i have to admit that cemac members especially gabon and guinean piss me off

There has to be a transition point or boundary country between the west and the center or the center and the east when looking at the map of Africa with the standard orientation if one is going to divide the continent into regions to begin with.

Cameroon is considered western central Africa, not eastern West Africa. I've read where other Cameroonians have argued about where they should be classified besides just you, but I don't think it really matters when almost everyone else outside of Cameroon considers Cameroon to be Central African.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 12:20am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: you miss my point i didn't say we aren't BANTU that's why we have the same feature ...it's you who is bringing affinity when you talk about the language ,foods etc..of course we are the same people but we live in different area .period...CAMEROON IS IN WEST AFRICA

grin cameroonians dont know their true identity

ya all welcomed 2 west Africa!

the home of the brave and free
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

cameroonians proudly speak french and obsessed with the french language like all french colonies except rwanda

Onila keeps surprising me today. shocked shocked
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:21am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

lmao you right except that he married a 100% cameroonian and an half cameroonain not french
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by PhysicsQED(m): 12:22am On Jul 24, 2012
TerryCarr: that not gonna get you to America

Africans built boats way bigger than that in later times though.

The Dufuna canoe is a decently sized fishing boat for something from 6000 B.C.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 24, 2012
PhysicsQED:

There has to be a transition point or boundary country between the west and the center or the center and the east when looking at the map of Africa with the standard orientation if one is going to divide the continent into regions to begin with.

Cameroon is considered western central Africa, not eastern West Africa. I've read where other Cameroonians have argued about where they should be classified besides just you, but I don't think it really matters when almost everyone else outside of Cameroon considers Cameroon to be Central African.
it really matters to me lol....my goal is to bring us in ECOWAs ....lmao..anyways i consider my country in west africa ..map are did evry single day.....some said Europe is not located where we see them today on every map ...so i really do not consider those maps ....
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

help us ONILA
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by TerryCarr(m): 12:25am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

french Africa worships France a little too much grin. there is a British part of it called Southern Cameroons they want Independence from the "French occupiers" because they speak English undecided Africa is weird
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 12:25am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

Onila I realize you don't know this country. German spirit is more printed than French one! and we can see it on football...even French people recognized that! and I repeat Senegal or Mali link with French and Cameroon one ARE COMPLETELY different sorry, but fact talking French don't mean anything, Algeria was a French departement and we all know they're completey different from French West African colonies. Our relations with France are very limited compared to country like Gabon for example. French President do not come to official visit in this country as they can do in Mali or BĂ©nin for example. Cameroon History is quite complexed and can't be simplified.
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim: a BUNCH OF UGLY BLACK NORTH AND CENTRAL AFRICANS HAVE OVERRUN NIGERIA and have sex at a unheard of rate!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

It is NOT a PROPER West African country!!!

Bring it on!!!!
lmao ....won't even argue about that .....
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:26am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: it really matters to me lol....my goal is to bring us in ECOWAs ....lmao..anyways i consider my country in west africa ..map are did evry single day.....some said Europe is not located where we see them today on every map ...so i really do not consider those maps ....

Only if you give Bakassi back to the region!!!

We are working on Bakassi and parts of Mauritania!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nayah(f): 12:26am On Jul 24, 2012
onila:

Identity is not about geographical position, especially made by foreigners... wink
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 24, 2012
TerryCarr: french Africa worships France a little too much grin. there is a British part of it called Southern Cameroons they want Independence from the "French occupiers" because they speak English undecided Africa is weird
why are you trying to make clash here ..we don't care about america and we don't care about you ..Cameroon will stay one hater....came divide us we will show you pepper
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 24, 2012
SmoothCrim:

Only if you give Bakassi back to the region!!!

We are working on Bakassi and parts of Mauritania!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
keep dreaming BAKASSI BELONGS TO US tongue cool......
Re: The Great Songhai Empire by onila(f): 12:28am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: lmao you right except that he married a 100% cameroonian and an half cameroonain not french

she still has french blood-she still half french grin
the most glamorous first lady in Africa

she how she gets along with the french president's wife=the french connection!

Re: The Great Songhai Empire by SmoothCrim: 12:29am On Jul 24, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: keep dreaming BAKASSI BELONGS TO US tongue cool......

Then, your application is REJECTED!!! grin grin grin grin grin

We don't need another French puppet in the region!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Convocation: Badirat Olaitan Adeyemi Graduates From The University Of Ibadan / DPO Segun Fagbohun Dies In Lagos Hospital (photo) / Death By Fallen Tree: Pregnant Woman Rots In Ondo Mortuary Over Culture (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.