Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,143 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (103031 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by mrdonbuchi: 10:53am On Jul 25, 2012
Oboy !!! Nigerians dey fire motor ooooo. I drive a 2001 toyota camry and the highest ave done is 140km/hr on that baby BUT...
250km/hr-- 2007 Suzuki GSXR750. Qwarinpa round about to zone 4 bridge, after wuse market bridge, Abujam
300km/hr--- 2007 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 cc. On the same road. However all this riding way done on early saturday mornings around 5am. I was test riding the two Beasts before sales. I miss those babies.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yankidelta(m): 10:55am On Jul 25, 2012
195km/hr on PortHarcourt-Ogoni rd early this year in my Toyota Camry 99 V6.Felt my heart beating and all senses wide alert. Just did t for the fun not like  was beating a deadline or anything.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by slamstan(m): 10:57am On Jul 25, 2012
tuoyoojo: I did 170km/h along Abuja-Kaduna expressed road in a honda accord 1998.
What is the highest speed you ever driven and what car were you driving then?

On a clear high way, i do 140km/h with the glass wind down, 180km/h with the glass up and a.c on
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 25, 2012
MACH 1 Speed...Broke the Sound Barrier with my Keke Napep grin

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Johnnoo(m): 11:05am On Jul 25, 2012
200kph Owerri - Osha Expressway. Toyota Corolla 2004 Model. Thats very amazing with my fiancee. She kept screaming althrough...
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Olaone1: 11:06am On Jul 25, 2012
antitpiah: 600 miles/ hr in a GIV, from London to Madrid.
smiley

No, it's 900 miles/hr.

I was a passenger, don't forget.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by mikeywise(m): 11:09am On Jul 25, 2012
ANY PERSON COMING HERE TO SAY HE/SHE DID 150K PLUS ON ENUGU-OKIGWE OR ENUGU PORTHERCOURT ROAD IS JUST TRYING TO DRAW ATTENTION. shocked, ONE CAN HARDLY DO 100K ON THAT ROAD BECAUSE THAT ROAD IS A DEATH TRAP. GETTING TO ENUGU FROM OKIGWE ON THAT ROAD IN 15MINS, NA FORMULAR 1? undecided
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by thomasjohn: 11:13am On Jul 25, 2012
Johnnoo: 200kph Owerri - Osha Expressway. Toyota Corolla 2004 Model. Thats very amazing with my fiancee. She kept screaming althrough...

keep quiet liar, the 2004 corolla has a top speed of only 180km/hr

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2012
The highest I have done is 170km/hr on ibadan-ife highway in a mk2 jetta. I did not notice a pot hole around gbongan, so was too late for me to swerve. I ran over it and my car took off the ground for like 2seconds. I was f*ckin scared I almost sh*t in my boxers. In my heart, I said to myself " Lord i'm coming home".

I was suprised when the car landed on the highway and kept moving around the same speed. There was no vibration or rattling sound. When I got to ife, I parked the car for inspection. There was nothing wrong with it. It stood firm and still in shape. Then I realised that the legend of German engineering or generally European vehicles is real. I don't even wanna imagine what would have happened to me if I was driving a Japanese car. Since that day, I nor dey drive faster than 110km/hr.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 25, 2012
saxywale: The highest I have done is 170km/hr on ibadan-ife highway in a mk2 jetta. I did not notice a pot hole around gbongan, so was too late for me to swerve. I ran over it and my car took off the ground for like 2seconds. I was f*ckin scared I almost sh*t in my boxers. In my heart, I said to myself " Lord i'm coming home".

I was suprised when the car landed on the highway and kept moving around the same speed. There was no vibration or rattling sound. When I got to ife, I parked the car for inspection. There was nothing wrong with it. It stood firm and still in shape. Then I realised that the legend of German engineering or generally European vehicles is real. I don't even wanna imagine what would have happened to me if I was driving a Japanese car. Since that day, I nor dey drive faster than 110km/hr.
german cars are very stable...i like driving fast, but my mum's nissan quest was just a big drag, but when i got my vw jetta, eventhough its an old 96 model, the car is very stable...just like the vw golf in video games...german cars are strong...thats why danfo drivers love them
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jul 25, 2012
mikeywise: ANY PERSON COMING HERE TO SAY HE/SHE DID 150K PLUS ON ENUGU-OKIGWE OR ENUGU PORTHERCOURT ROAD IS JUST TRYING TO DRAW ATTENTION. shocked, ONE CAN HARDLY DO 100K ON THAT ROAD BECAUSE THAT ROAD IS A DEATH TRAP. GETTING TO ENUGU FROM OKIGWE ON THAT ROAD IN 15MINS, NA FORMULAR 1? undecided

I did 170 on the Enugu - PH express early this year. Some parts of the road are not motorable, sure. But there are still some good parts you can overspeed on.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by awesomet1(m): 11:40am On Jul 25, 2012
Burger01:
lol.. You try I beg. No be joke. I have a friend no mater the distance he won't go more than 70km/hr. Me i no dey follow him travel at all.. cheesy
LWKMD!!!...I see person whey I better pass...me na 100km/hr kpere!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Martini101(m): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2012
Okija_juju: ...VEHICLE: Hyundai
MAKE: Sonata
MODEL: 2009
TOP SPEED: 220Km/h
ROAD: Port-Harcourt-Akwa Ibom road.. via Ogoni

In another case...

VEHICLE: Hyundai
MAKE:Sonata
MODEL: 2009
TOP SPEED: 200Km/h
ROAD: Onitsha - Owerri Express road

. bros that onitsha - Owerri road is a real driving temptation! My fastest was last week 190km/hr in a 1996 camry while going to awka 4rm Enugu
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by dandadee: 11:47am On Jul 25, 2012
megxo: ah did 140km/hr fom ma house 2 church cos i was almost late 4 mass...... crazy tin 2 do sha
if you keep doing that, you may soon attend the mass in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by darmiex(f): 11:48am On Jul 25, 2012
160km/hr with GTI golf. Kaduna-Abuja expressway.felt good, kai, that car is balanced, pity i have to let it go
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by dinoescobar(m): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2012
July 22, 2011 was travelling to abuja from calabar, I and my boss who is a speed freak drove his new infinty 2007 fx35 jeep. He drove from calabar to ogoja we left at about 6.30am by 9 we were in ogoja. I took over d wheels from ogoja, I remember overtaking 2 trucks and 3cars on lafia- lokoja road @230km/hr. I was scared shitless and d car was still gingering to fly.
My boss only said that was ђat d car was built for na. I never pass 160km anymore. This life na one.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Martini101(m): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2012
mejai: 1) okigwe-enugu = 15mins @ 200km/ph (honda legend, 1993 model)
2) enugu - ph = 1hr 45mins @ 180/200km/hr (2008 toyota corolla); dis was in 2009.
3) asaba-benin = 35mins @ 210km/hr(electronically limited speed on benz cars) (R350 4matic) baby monster. Happened last yr.
4) enugu - awka= 25mins @ 180km/hr(nissan pick-up, 2005 model). + check-points o. All d same speed kills. Always wear ur seat-belt pls!!!
. Guy. U dey lie oh! Okigwe to Enugu in 15min? Easy now
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by toluxa1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
[size=80pt]SPEED KILLS!!![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Shaw007(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
Mehn!! U guys really av 2 try out dat ore-benin road,especially the space 4rm okada to oghowo. . .very very smooth and light and not 2 much trucks.actually i was just sailing between 90-100km/hr then one of these government toyota cars zoomed past me and i was in my '06 Bmw M5. . .i just had 2 show him who was boss here. . 4rm 90 to 140 he was still ahead. . .150 170 190.right afta i passed dat small village b4 okada,i seriously didnt knw i was sailing at some 197/200km/hr wat mattered was i showed dat lowsy toyota but if not 4 a good road. . .boi it av been a different story. . .
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by phemmy1987: 12:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
I drove 120 back in 2005 in a B M W car wen I was still learning driving @ abeokuta to iseyin expr. Bt early this year, I drove 160 from abeokuta to sagamu expr in a camry car
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by jude33084(m): 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2012
dinoinlove:

You know the magnitude of insult U̶̲̥̅̊ just rendered to urself.kids don't drive cars.U̶̲̥̅̊ must be 18 A̶̲̥̅̊₪D̶̲̥̅̊ above to get a licence.so U̶̲̥̅̊ should know grown up men love <3 speed that is why we buy flying cars.

If Ɣ☺Ʊ don't mind 18yrs in niaja is still ∂ kid. And beside that are Ɣ☺Ʊ encouraging them to do above τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ recommend speed limit of 120km/hr?

Some are even saying they want to try 200km/hr on our smooth roads abi? angry

Pls tell ♈☺uЯ bros not to do that and don't send or encourage others to their early grave I beg Ɣ☺Ʊ wink
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by optimusprime2(m): 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2012
Firstly, I'd like to thank God for delivering me from countless Hi-risk Maneuvers; pheeeeeew many close shaves. I'v learnt my lessons though.

*Warning* contents of this are extremely crazy and I dont advice any driver to try.

First Car I drove; manual trans Peugout 504 GR(I'll never forget that car, as most of my senseless Juvenile acts were commited with it) I was 18yrs old then, used reverse on top speed on the highway in calabar (if the speed meter works on reverse, it would have recorded 80km/h) I decided to use the back as the front, kept going for a while until road safety peeps came up- heck I wanted the chase, after pulling a sharp 180 to right myself, I kept throttling till I hit 160km/h(max speed of the 504 was 180km/h) would'v done more but the car couldnt go any faster, the car was vibrating. Easily Lost them after pulling classic stunts(I realized 504's lack balance, my tires had off roadcontact countless times), but I kept the car home for 3weeks. Fear catch me o.

Others;
Hit full speed with a 1998 Nissan Primera 220km/h
Hit 160km/h with a 1996 Nissan bluebird
Hit 160km/h on a honda babyboy and 1998 civic respectively
Hit 180km/h wif an 05 mitsubishi galant... Trust me on this I know what I'm saying, Japanese cars have poor stability on high speeds, and they are too light.

Reached 140km/h with a diesel 2006 Ford Ranger would'v gone faster but the truck jus couldnt go above 140- anyway trucks drift a lot on hi speeds I dont like that feel

Reached 160km/h on an infiniti fx35- the only somehow stable japanese car I'v met on high speed

Reached 180km/h on a BMW 2004 5series along an expressway in abj- actually BMW's make speeding easy, they are sooo stable on hi speeds and besides the rpm's of beemers are just divine.

Once Did Cal-Uyo in 40mins with a Mazda Tribute, I know I averaged 170km/h mostly- though I realized SUV's have a higher sommersault risk on abrubt maneuvers

kai I don speed for dis life o looooolzzz.
Funny enuf, I'v never crashed a vehicle.

But that was then, when my head was still clapping... I'm a lot responsible now, geez life is good naw.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by mhsanni(f): 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE NOT ALIVE TODAY TO SHARE THEIR OWN STORIES FOR THIS SAME OVERSPEEDING U PEOPLE ARE EXCITED ABOUT.... LIFE HAS NO DUPLICATE...EVEN IF U WISH TO GO ON A SUICIDE MISSION REMEMBER THOSE OTHER ROAD USERS YOU COULD 'KOBALIZE' WHO STILL VERY MUCH LOVE THEIR OWN LIVES..

Driving @ 100km/hr is suicidal for me no mata how good d vehicle or road is..slow n steady wins d race...theres no where am rushn to.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 12:19pm On Jul 25, 2012
hmmm, most of these maximum speeds stated by these corollas, civic-ricers etc here are questionable simply because these cars have maximum limits in that, even though the speedometer states 220 or 240,the cars cant go all the way down because they aren't detuned. E.g a 2004 or any of the new corolla cars cant go beyond 200kmph, the '99 camry v6 is limited at 209kmph,same as the avalon '02. Just sayi
ng from observation.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by jude33084(m): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
IbnTimothy:

..... Nigerians again celebrating lawlessness. What is the speed limit on those roads? You probably don't know.... yet you blame politicians for breaking the law (by stealing money). I can see how innocent you are

People like dinoinlove are supporting them calling them adults that love speed cheesy

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by nnemmpi(m): 12:21pm On Jul 25, 2012
I did 160/hr sango otta to ifo wit my nissan serena
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by toluxa1(m): 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2012
[size=80pt]SPEED KILLS!!![/size]
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by jude33084(m): 12:32pm On Jul 25, 2012
steve_101:

Timothy there is no speed limit on Nigerian roads..who is monitoring the speed So U̶̲̥̅̊ mean speeding on ya car is now = to (stealing money

Τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ recommended speed limit in Nigeria is 120km/hr and β҉♈ doing above it shows that Ɣ☺Ʊ are simply breaking τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ law(same as looters) because nobody is there to check Ɣ☺Ʊ? undecided

Bros I use to work for SAVAN and τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ reason I left was because of τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ horrible sight on accident scene due to overspeeding on our smooth roads? undecided

LIFE is SWEET wink
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2012
Shaw007: Mehn!! U guys really av 2 try out dat ore-benin road,especially the space 4rm okada to oghowo. . .very very smooth and light and not 2 much trucks.actually i was just sailing between 90-100km/hr then one of these government toyota cars zoomed past me and i was in my '06 Bmw M5. . .i just had 2 show him who was boss here. . 4rm 90 to 140 he was still ahead. . .150 170 190.right afta i passed dat small village b4 okada,i seriously didnt knw i was sailing at some 197/200km/hr wat mattered was i showed dat lowsy toyota but if not 4 a good road. . .boi it av been a different story. . .
u mean you have an M5, i'm looking for something like a 1998 M3...or an M5...do they sell them in Nigeria?
But you shouldn't show any toyota, you driving an M5,who the boss is. No toyota can be anywhere near a bmw M5...by all standard except fuel economy, where toyota is king
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Stallion77(f): 12:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
165km per hr. Honda Legend Sports.Abeokuta express.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2012
I did 200 in my Honda Accord 2010 v6 evil spirit, on third mainland bridge, was racing with a friend, he was driving a BMW 7series I think an 08 model, his father's, we were on our way to the airport, I really showed the guy, not knowing it was my take off speed dat was better, any where we slowed down, to overtake all those useless danfos, I will just floor it leaving him behind, na God come catch me, open road ahead, my brother I press throttle, speedometer was reading 200, the Beemer passed me like a breeze, what I was just looking at, were his extra large double exhaust of pure invisible v12 smoke, pouring at me, I wondered how fast he was going, I just bidded my time waiting for d next danfo,
It was hilarious at d airport, we were just laughing, but at the back of my mind I was thanking my stars, at how dangerous we were driving on such uneven road, it was fun tho.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by question(m): 12:44pm On Jul 25, 2012
[size=80pt]SPEED SKILLS KILLS!!![/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.