Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,249 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (103049 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by peterjero(m): 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
160km/hr in a toyota camry 1989 model(the strongest camry ever made) ph to uyo via ogoni - while still a corper last yr .
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by eminikansoso(m): 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2013
elektra80: Did this with 2005 Honda accord I4 on sag amu Abeokuta expressway. Would have gone more if the road was smoother.

you try but nobody has ever overtake me on the highway with my 2004 volkswagen bora.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Damola12: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2013
190km/h nissan sunny 2012 bauchi-gombe road sometime in march 2013
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by MSItachi: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
Gee2728: own that same year model of car for about a year, the best I ever did was abt 182km/h and the car was shaking like the world was coming to an end.

LMAO. Same here @ 130, but got new tires and got better result, I need a Germany car now. Benz or Audi
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by danadam(m): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
Left Abuja this morning on my way to kano. I was driving steadily at 150 kmph (using the cruise control). A new (tokumbo) peugeot 307 overtook me wit ease (guess the driver was doin 160 kmph). I noticed the car has two occupants (chaps) smiling and looking at me from their side mirror. we were already approaching Kaduna so there was no need for a chase (don't like chase in traffic). I followed them behind, didn't let them outta my sight and patiently waited for my chance to teach em a lesson. we continued until we got to makarfi junction on zaria-kano highway (very smooth and reconstructed recently), I overtook the 307, (the driver was accelerating more) I zoomed passed them at 200 kmph and they never saw my brake light again. next time they won't try it wit a german machine. Abeg, don't try this on the highway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 11:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
JUO: most of you lied. with my experience Toyota Camry 96-01 or any car that has 4speed auto is not a car. at 120-140km/h the engine will be crying. any time i see them I know they won't go more than 150km/h. with my old vw passat gt 2.0l, at 160km/h them no they see my back again, even highlander. I dey use them shine. but respect Audi for dusting me

My Benz 190 is a 4 speed auto, its goes beyond 140 km/h very easily and would continue into 170km/h at a stretch, not untill i took caution to stop it from there, cause i could fear the tires busting.

The only thing is that, your steering rag must be good(not worn), your thyroid must be good, your cambers, arms and bow joints must be stiff strong, not wobbling,and your shocks must be stiff, trust Mercedes Benz shocks. Above all, your tire pressure must be the recommended standard at your fuel filla.

My Benz c180, 4 cylinder, though manual tranny, can climb any speed at ease like any 6 cylinder can climb. It has 5 gears, with her 4th gear alone you can finish the speedo, 5th gear is just liken to cruise control.. i have even reluctantly made it to 200km/h and it still wanted to do more, but that would have been suicidal, i had to stop it there.So, your claims of a 4 cylinder limitations isn't founded from my experience.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 11:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
danadam: Left Abuja this morning on my way to kano. I was driving steadily at 150 kmph (using the cruise control). A new (tokumbo) peugeot 307 overtook me wit ease (guess the driver was doin 160 kmph). I noticed the car has two occupants (chaps) smiling and looking at me from their side mirror. we were already approaching Kaduna so there was no need for a chase (don't like chase in traffic). I followed them behind, didn't let them outta my sight and patiently waited for my chance to teach em a lesson. we continued until we got to makarfi junction on zaria-kano highway (very smooth and reconstructed recently), I overtook the 307, (the driver was accelerating more) I zoomed passed them at 200 kmph and they never saw my brake light again. next time they won't try it wit a german machine. Abeg, don't try this on the highway.

What model of Benz were you driving?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by ziccoit: 2:15am On Jul 28, 2013
danadam: Left Abuja this morning on my way to kano. I was driving steadily at 150 kmph (using the cruise control). A new (tokumbo) peugeot 307 overtook me wit ease (guess the driver was doin 160 kmph). I noticed the car has two occupants (chaps) smiling and looking at me from their side mirror. we were already approaching Kaduna so there was no need for a chase (don't like chase in traffic). I followed them behind, didn't let them outta my sight and patiently waited for my chance to teach em a lesson. we continued until we got to makarfi junction on zaria-kano highway (very smooth and reconstructed recently), I overtook the 307, (the driver was accelerating more) I zoomed passed them at 200 kmph and they never saw my brake light again. next time they won't try it wit a german machine. Abeg, don't try this on the highway.

Guy, you make me feel as if I was the one doing the speed.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by danadam(m): 9:39am On Jul 28, 2013
[quote author=au.hanson]

What model of Benz were you driving?[/quote

2005 C 320 4matic.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
You had 2 wait to makarfi, I guess that's a bit 4given. With my W202 C230kompressor even from kawo na bye bye be that.[quote author=danadam][/quote]
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
mrdonbuchi: Men dey fire speed oooo. Gee. Am a biker I don't feel comfortable going above 140 in ma 2001 Toyota camry. But I do 160mph about 280klm every Saturday and Sunday morning on ma 2006 Suzuki gsxr750. I once clocked 380klm in a friends Suzuki hayabusa going from quarinpa round about to ceddi plaza. Dat day I been just dey cruise dey test the suzuki hayabusa. Den one chick in a benz C63 AMG just blow pass me flash me pointer( to signal a challenge). Na so I vex wine the bike neck. The 2008 suzuki hayabusa does 0 to 100 in lest dan 4 seconds. This bike will smoke a bugati. It took me lest dan 6 seconds to smoke the benz C63 AMG. You'll never experience real speed until you ride a POWER BIKE.

mrdonbuchi, how does it feel doing 160mph on a bike.. to me it looks too risky? how do you cope with that?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
[quote author=danadam][/quote]

Ah! that's machine, i believe that peugeot chap was ignorance of wht machine you had there else he wouldn't dare that

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 8:54pm On Jul 29, 2013
@ mrdonbuchi, hahahaha hayabusa or kawazaki ZZ-R 1400. Those are purs madness its pure ignorance for any1 to try racing a bike in a car. My then girlfriend now my wife told me if I buy a power bike its bye bye to our relationship and even days ago we joked abt it. If u rly want to crank things up it a 4-wheel then toyota is not up 4 that, mybe a lexus IS-F cld do 280km/h or som tho am a german car fan but I sure do hope that the lad in that C63 AMG sure did learn a new lesson abt speed dynamics. Nice 1 bro!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by leuelliot(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
post pictures
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by leuelliot(m): 9:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
did this today, 180km/s * i know my check engine light is on. i caused it. angry

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by leuelliot(m): 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
i've attached a picture. But for some reasons its not being displayed.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by zamirikpo(m): 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
my toyota spider easily does 160km/h and even begs for more, but for safety i leave it at 140kmh.....pls our roads r not flawless annd even if they were, our cars arent, anytin culd giv way at any point.....so lets kip d speed down and stay alive.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
leuelliot: did this today, 180km/s * i know my check engine light is on. i caused it. angry
brother man, pls arrest that 'check engine' light as soon as possible, I also discovered you weren't most probably buckled (the red light under the fuel gauge meter), pls don't drive without buckling up your seat belt. Remember, safety first!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by FindOut(m): 5:33pm On Aug 25, 2013
lomomike: brother man, pls arrest that 'check engine' light as soon as possible, I also discovered you weren't most probably buckled (the red light under the fuel gauge meter), pls don't drive without buckling up your seat belt. Remember, safety first!

I think that's an airbag warning.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
Find Out!:

I think that's an airbag warning.
I'm using a mobile phone, and the picture looks slightly blurred. Thanks for pointing out such to my attention.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
JUO: most of you lied. with my experience Toyota Camry 96-01 or any car that has 4speed auto is not a car. at 120-140km/h the engine will be crying. any time i see them I know they won't go more than 150km/h. with my old vw passat gt 2.0l, at 160km/h them no they see my back again, even highlander. I dey use them shine. but respect Audi for dusting me
Not true bross. I drive a 96 camry and I regularly hit 160 km/h these days.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by leuelliot(m): 11:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
lomomike: brother man, pls arrest that 'check engine' light as soon as possible, I also discovered you weren't most probably buckled (the red light under the fuel gauge meter), pls don't drive without buckling up your seat belt. Remember, safety first!

The check engine light is due to an an after market part i installed angry The airbag in the passenger seat got drenched 4nights ago it should clear once its dry. so i read online cheesy
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by andre82(m): 4:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
Last week wednesday(21st aug); toyota corolla 2011 model 1.6l engine, manual, 200kmh, lagos 2ibadan expressway. Was travelling from lagos to abk (return journey) had earlier that day done 180 from abk to lagos.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JUO(m): 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2013
Last week wednesday(21st aug); toyota corolla 2011 model 1.6l engine, manual, 200kmh, lagos 2ibadan expressway. Was travelling from lagos to abk (return journey) had earlier that day done 180 from abk to lagos.
1.6l engine doing 200km/h i doubt your claim. post the picture of your dashboard. your speed limit should be 180km/h
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by andre82(m): 9:30am On Aug 28, 2013
@ JUO, i've seen ur earlier posts of criticisms (which is 2me not constructive and civilised enof) so i'll rather not join issues with you. If you have that model, post the pix so that we can all see. And if per chance am mistaken cos i don't know much about cars, you should correct and not criticise. Thanks
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JUO(m): 10:26am On Aug 28, 2013
you wan fight now abi? i have seen 2012 Toyota corolla struggle to maintain 160km/h for Benin road (i know say u know the area well) with 2007 Honda crv and 2010 Mercedes-Benz ML450. the 2010 Mercedes-Benz ML450 zoomed passed me at 160km/h with easy, before we got to Sapele the Mercedes was gone. i was behind them so i noticed how the corolla was struggling with the Honda. in fact the corolla was waving (poor handling) on the road it can't do more than 160km/h. the way the crv was moving (good handling)it can do 180km/h or more but the corolla guy was blocking him. the way the Mercedes was moving (perfect handling) it can do 200km/h or more with easy. i didn't mean to fight with you, i want to tell the japanis guys to steer clear in terms of speed. if you see them for town them dey like show themselves. no offense bro, i know say you be area. hope to see you one day
N.B speed kills. went to see somebody at the hospital yesterday, he has been there for almost 2 years. drive with caution
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 2:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
JUO: you wan fight now abi? i have seen 2012 Toyota corolla struggle to maintain 160km/h for Benin road (i know say u know the area well) with 2007 Honda crv and 2010 Mercedes-Benz ML450. the 2010 Mercedes-Benz ML450 zoomed passed me at 160km/h with easy, before we got to Sapele the Mercedes was gone. i was behind them so i noticed how the corolla was struggling with the Honda. in fact the corolla was waving (poor handling) on the road it can't do more than 160km/h. the way the crv was moving (good handling)it can do 180km/h or more but the corolla guy was blocking him. the way the Mercedes was moving (perfect handling) it can do 200km/h or more with easy. i didn't mean to fight with you, i want to tell the japanis guys to steer clear in terms of speed. if you see them for town them dey like show themselves. no offense bro, i know say you be area. hope to see you one day
N.B speed kills. went to see somebody at the hospital yesterday, he has been there for almost 2 years. drive with caution
no racist post guys, calm down...
But Juo, if you generalize and conclude about the Japanese' cars, what about infinitis(FX35/45, G37 and G35s) and lexus ISs and GSs...Nissan 350z...the toyota Supras and Honda S2000s, NSXs...
It would be hard to judge cars as you did...wavering doesn't imply poor handling...
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JUO(m): 4:19pm On Aug 28, 2013
compare them with Audi rs6 or amg
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by bigsmoke2(m): 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2013
Speed 130km/h place 3rd mainland car 1999 camry
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2013
JUO: compare them with Audi rs6 or amg
i'm a serious fan of German cars...but do you know that a lightly modded toyota supra will leave an amg for dead, for real....?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JUO(m): 7:38pm On Aug 28, 2013
I don't want argument. I agree
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by leuelliot(m): 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2013
JUO: compare them with Audi rs6 or amg
Are you remotely serious? haven't you heard of GODZILLA? AKA NISSAN GTR? that car would smoke any AMG any day any time if you want proof watch youtube. I love AMG's to death especially the c63 507 edition. But the GTR is faster car

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.