Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,937 members, 7,952,775 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (105642 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Sleek Reek: Between Agbo and Onitsha on the express,i did 190km/Hr with a C230 4cylinder Kompressor Benz. I didn't feel a thing,no vibration,no wind noise,but before this in a 2002 Toyota 4 cylinder Camry along Asaba/Kwale road i did 170Km/Hr and it wasn't a funny experience,the car was vibrating,didn't stay on that speed for too long,the ride didn't exude confidence for me.
na true u talk abt ur C230 kompressor, when bought mine last year pushed it to the limit @ kaduna-Abuja expressway and clocked abt 228km/h on a stretch it was wow feeling.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
nas 00:

=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=)) ..lol@"I don't feel secure"

Baba, that accord at just 190km/h is literally worse than an aircraft at take-off, especially on A/C with your windows rolled up.
You just have this light-headed feeling like "mehn!, any small fckup and it's certainly over". grin
Sure, you don't wanna do the Jetta stunts with your new machine.
And to think there was a time i would have cursed anyone who said i would own an accord...smh...i hope i don't break anymore taboos
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2013
190-the-clown:
I once comppleted a 6hr trip in 2hrs 45mins

During my granmoms burial 2010
Dat was abuja - benin

I remember doing a 200kmh in my 190 that day
Left abuja 6am in d morning, hit gwawalada by 6.20am from grawimpa via lugbe
By 9.10am I was already at d fly over in benin

I must confess I had 2 cans of alomo dat day before travellin
And I wuz already past okpella before my eyes became clearer

No car past me and I knew d dangerous spots on d road so well

190 remains d best mercedes eva 2 be made

6hrs journey in 2hrs 45mins
Dey wudnt believe it when I arrived - I opened my bonnet and d smoke
Dat left my engine could fry yam

Am a speeder - I picked a frnd some days ago
And all he kept saying wuz sofree oh sofree oh
I know say u like speed

Pls what is the model of your Benz 190? I have benz 190 2.3e with vboot 230 engine . This car handles so fine better than most of the so call modern cars and speed like demon, though sometime i think i should have bought a 2.6 v6
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by auhanson(m): 6:01pm On Sep 18, 2013
Desanta: I have done 200km/hour with a Benz E- 230 (1984 regular),on Benin Auchi road in 2001,1 wanted to see if the car can get to the maximum speed, and it did. I had to get four brand new tyres before attempting this stunt. It was my first and most rugged car.

Even my benz 190 2.3e does that recently, 200 km/h on Ogonni- Ikot Abasi road at ease. You know, i was always afraid to go beyond 170km/h in that car not untill i did almost 200km/h in my Benz c180 of 1.8 litre engine that it was done on me that if my 1.8 litre luxury engine could do that drift, how much more my 2.3 litre raw engine. I pull it and it answered and still maintained very good handling . I love this car , the c class is only quieter and luxury bound than it but ask of handling, this 80's machine handles better than most modern cars and has very strong rigid suspension system, you can whoop the tail like no man's business and could turn even better than the c class models. To crown it all, not even the drivers machine, i.e the speed hatch BMW handles like this ride. Before now, though no more , i handle this ride with all the roughness i could but she stills stands it; the worse dragoneer driving you could thing of but this machine proof it ruggedness. Just maintain it well don't mind the age,no compromise, she's gonna be there for you.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
did like 180/ 190 this morning on the 3mb trying to keep up with a range rover sport...car is truly a machine compared to my DIscussion continues
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by FiftyFifty(m): 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
Interesting topic indeed. I constantly do 200kph with my 2002 Peugeot 406 2.2 170hp (EW 12) engine. Going to Kano from Abuja every fortnight can be a task to some cars but not my EW12 406. Just today, on my way back to Abj from Kano, as normal, did 200kph & overtaking all d japs I met on d road including a 2008 Accord a.k.a evil spirit whose driver unknowingly wanted to be sturbborn before he humbly submit; 200kph is becoming a norm as I used to do 160-180kph but d French machine was always asking for more. As I park my machine ds evening in my compound, I look at it with admiration...

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JUO(m): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2013
think about your family

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by olamega(m): 12:04am On Dec 05, 2013
@ Fifty-Fifty, you are very correct, many people may not understand except those driving an European car, driving a Peugeot (mine is 607), will make you see high speed as a normal thing, I used to limit myself to 140-170(max). but since I started using the Lion.......its so bad that 170 is now like a normal range and you'll be surprised that even at 180, the car is still very ready to give you more, no Japanese car can even try, cos just like you I travel a lot, i shuttle Kano-Abuja every week, and usually the only time I feel challenged on the road is when I come accross cars like BMW, Mercedes or VW. so its alwys fun travelling in my Leo.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by olamega(m): 12:05am On Dec 05, 2013
@ Fifty-Fifty, you are very correct, many people may not understand except those driving an European car, driving a Peugeot (mine is 607), will make you see high speed as a normal thing, I used to limit myself to 140-170(max). but since I started using the Lion.......its so bad that 170 is now like a normal range and you'll be surprised that even at 180, the car is still very ready to give you more, no Japanese car can even try, cos just like you I travel a lot, i shuttle Kano-Abuja every week, and usually the only time I feel challenged on the road is when I come accross cars like BMW, Mercedes or VW. so its alwys fun travelling in my Leo.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kuntash: 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2013
Benz & BMW can do over 200km/hr on virtually on many highways in naija....

why?... its because you somewhat feel the sense of safety as you pull easily thru those gears and the tachometer ready to go all the way..

BUT PLEASE DO NOT BE TEMPTED.... live to drive again..
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by jr3: 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2013
i have done 240km/h. i drove Audi A6 V8 engine 4.2L on ilesha/ibadan/lagos express road.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Kingsteve(m): 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2013
Jeeez...some of you are speed demons!
I managed to do 140km on my way to Imo from Abuja, with my 2006 Infiniti M35...and I thought I was daring enough, only for me to read some comments on here.
Guys, speed kills, no matter the machine...it still kills!
For me, anything more than 120km is tempting fate!

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 07, 2013
Make: Audi.
Model: A8 Quattro Sport.
Model year: 2005.
Engine: 4.2 V8 2xDOHC 40V.
Fuel: Gasoline.
Power: 340hp.
Torque: 440Nm.
Transmission: 6-speed Tiptronic.
0-62 mph: 6.3 secs.
Maximum speed: 155 mph (250 km/h).

Since I purchased this car, I haven't had an opportunity to unleash her on the open road (not that I would, seeing as speeds exceeding 70 mph are illegal in the UK anyway) wink

Today, I found myself on a private stretch of road, on a disused runway, so I shoved the gas pedal to the floorboards. I maxed out at 152 mph (244 km/h). At that speed, there was no drama, no vibration, no uncertainty. The car was rock steady, and with the windows all shut, no sensation of speed. The only give away (besides looking at my speedo and GPS meter) was an old Cessna 180 that has been outside a hanger for some time, as I swept by. The car is that well insulated. The massive brakes pulled the car up well too, no fade from over heated discs.

Next summer, the Autobahn awaits!

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Shagati(m): 12:38am On Dec 08, 2013
I managed to do 140km on my way to Imo from Abuja
i have done 240km/h on ilesha/ibadan/lagos express road.
did like 180/ 190 this morning on the 3mb trying to keep up with a range rover sport
Between Agbo and Onitsha on the express,i did 190km/Hr. Along Asaba/Kwale road i did 170Km/Hr

Hmmm.

All these self confessions of breaking the law via exceeding speed limits on public roads. shocked shocked shocked
Last time I checked, speed limit on interstate highways in Nigeria remains 100km/hr for private sedans.

At N5,000 fine per speeding offence(?), I have counted over N1,000,000 in collectible fines on this thread alone

Discretion guys, discretion! wink
#theabovequoteshavebeenmodifiedtoprotecttheidentityoftheauthor#

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 08, 2013
Shagati:

Hmmm.

All these self confessions of breaking the law via exceeding speed limits on public roads. shocked shocked shocked
Last time I checked, speed limit on interstate highways in Nigeria remains 100km/hr for private sedans.

At N5,000 fine per speeding offence(?), I have counted over N1,000,000 in collectible fines on this thread alone

Discretion guys, discretion! wink
#theabovequoteshavebeenmodifiedtoprotecttheidentityoftheauthor#

I dey wait for you to complete your Beemer restoration project make you kuku join us cable that machine as we dey cable our own cheesy.

Btw, what about your restoratioon, no more updates, why?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by olamega(m): 9:19am On Dec 29, 2013
Na so e be bro. Its when you start cruising a German Machine that you'll know these things are done sometimes unintentionally, moreover you can hardly drive those cars in slow mode esp . when traveling. Check what I wrote earlier about my Peugeot, that's European cars for you.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2013
Siena: Make: Audi.
Model: A8 Quattro Sport.
Model year: 2005.
Engine: 4.2 V8 2xDOHC 40V.
Fuel: Gasoline.
Power: 340hp.
Torque: 440Nm.
Transmission: 6-speed Tiptronic.
0-62 mph: 6.3 secs.
Maximum speed: 155 mph (250 km/h).

Since I purchased this car, I haven't had an opportunity to unleash her on the open road (not that I would, seeing as speeds exceeding 70 mph are illegal in the UK anyway) wink

Today, I found myself on a private stretch of road, on a disused runway, so I shoved the gas pedal to the floorboards. I maxed out at 152 mph (244 km/h). At that speed, there was no drama, no vibration, no uncertainty. The car was rock steady, and with the windows all shut, no sensation of speed. The only give away (besides looking at my speedo and GPS meter) was an old Cessna 180 that has been outside a hanger for some time, as I swept by. The car is that well insulated. The massive brakes pulled the car up well too, no fade from over heated discs.

Next summer, the Autobahn awaits!

Well done sir, now that is speed cld only imagine the feeling. One thing baffles me tho, so with all the fast cars at ur disposal they are still limited 2 70mph except to private run ways. Anyway I guess its safety first.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by olamega(m): 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2013
Did this with my German Machine(BMW 318i) recently, on Kaduna-Abuja road.
180 km/hr and the car was rock-stable.

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2013
^^^ Olamega, you're pushing your luck here. Driving at 180 km/h (112 mph), with defective ABS, traction control and airbag? Brave man.

Even worse, you were able to snap a picture at that speed. Interesting to note there was no image blurring, which is to be expected at speeds above 120 km/h.

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 30, 2013
Any man who can drive at 180 km/h (112 mph), with defective ABS, airbag, traction control and is able to snap a picture at that speed with no image blurring, is not afraid of death

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JUO(m): 5:50am On Dec 30, 2013
^^^ Olamega, you're pushing your luck here. Driving at 180 km/h (112 mph), with defective ABS, traction control and airbag? Brave man.

Even worse, you were able to snap a picture at that speed. Interesting to note there was no image blurring, which is to be expected at speeds above 120 km/h.
definitely he is lying
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 7:48am On Dec 30, 2013
JUO: definitely he is lying
I do not think he's lying.
@Olamega,
Is it BMW 318i or 315i, I haven't seen the 315i
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by olamega(m): 12:45am On Dec 31, 2013
well, whoever thinks that was a lie is DEFINITELY a LEARNER, and that's why i attached the picture, look at the pix and tell me how you can manipulate all those dashboard meters and signals, tachometer @ 5.5x1000rpm, fuel consumption meter @12 L/100km e.t.c I don't need to please anybody here though, and just like I said in my reply to fifty-fifty's post European cars can give you the kind of confidence you may not have on a good day, you can check my earlier post where I posted the pix of 190km/hr attained with my Leo(Peugeot 607, v6 auto).
@ yungboss, thanks for the observation, pls how do I fix the traction control and ABS, the airbag signal came on after I did some rough driving through a rough road three weeks ago but my mech said he'll fix it.
The Beamer is 318i, I got it recently through Thadeus Auto (that guy on the cartalk front page - Cotonou things) . I'll post the pictures later

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by olamega(m): 12:56am On Dec 31, 2013
@yungboss : this is the pix when I was about buying it

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by olamega(m): 1:37am On Dec 31, 2013
@Yungboss , sorry its 318i, my mistake.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
@ olamega, no mind us judging by a video I watched days ago what u did is very possible. The video was a 2011 SL500 chasing an F10 M5 at 257km/h and yet the camera filming was so stable. With all the HD mobile devices available this days I bliv its very possible.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 31, 2013
Gee2728: @ olamega, no mind us judging by a video I watched days ago what u did is very possible. The video was a 2011 SL500 chasing an F10 M5 at 257km/h and yet the camera filming was so stable. With all the HD mobile devices available this days I bliv its very possible.

At that speed, the camera will most likely be mounted on a tripod, or fixed holder. You don't want to hold a camera by hand at that speed.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 9:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
Siena:

At that speed, the camera will most likely be mounted on a tripod, or fixed holder. You don't want to hold a camera by hand at that speed.

Actually it appeared som1 else was holding the camera on the passenger side front seat. because at intervals he'll look up at the M5 and at the dash board..

@ siena, something about that video was the car appeared so stable and quiet wish I could post it for guys 2 see.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 10:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
Gee2728:

Actually it appeared som1 else was holding the camera on the passenger side front seat. because at intervals he'll look up at the M5 and at the dash board..

@ siena, something about that video was the car appeared so stable and quiet wish I could post it for guys 2 see.
post the link, I'll like to watch the video
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 10:10pm On Dec 31, 2013
we here.............

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (43) (Reply)

I Parked My Car, Went Into The Bank And This Happened / Meet Nigerians Who Own Bugatti Veyron Car(Photos) / Ayo Fayose's New Official Ride (PHOTOS) 1957 Mercedes Benz 220S Sedan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.