Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

9jaolofofo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jaolofofo's Profile / 9jaolofofo's Posts

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Celebrities / Picture Of Linda Ikeji & Denrele In The 90s by 9jaolofofo(m): 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
Nice pose !! I guess this was when Linda was still up to her modelling antics & Denrele wasnt fully mad yet. Lol

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/photo-of-the-day-could-this-be-linda-ikeji-denrele-edun/
Celebrities / “girls Always Drop Pants,bras,shirts Outside My Door” – Lynxx by 9jaolofofo(m): 2:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
According to star singer, Lynxxx, he’s the ultimate ladies’ man.

In an interview with Saturday Beats, the ‘Fine Lady’ crooner said, “I am aware that they refer to me as the ladies man’. I think the reason behind that is the brand that I have created for myself. It is the brand that I came out with and maintained.

I think it is the reason they label me with that. The core of my fans is actually ladies because I make songs for them. I have been coping with all the craziest of the ladies by the grace of God. My goal is always to remain focused. Ladies have done a lot of crazy things to me. Most times, when I am out of Lagos to perform, the ladies always find my room and leave certain items outside my door. I have got all kinds of items -shirts, panties, bras – name it,”

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/girls-always-drop-pantsbrasshirts-outside-my-door-lynxx-reveals/
Celebrities / Picture Of Omotola In The Studio With American Music Star, Bobby Valentino by 9jaolofofo(m): 2:27pm On Jan 28, 2013
The actress posted this photo of her and US singer Bobby Valentino in a studio in Atlanta.
Hmmmn…Omotola is sure taking her music to the next level this year.. Get ready..

Religion / Popular Bishop Spotted Bathing With Grand-daughter!! Is This Right?? by 9jaolofofo(m): 6:27pm On Jan 18, 2013
Is it appropriate for a grandfather to share a bathtub with his grand daughter ? That is the question on the lips of many when a popular Chicago preacher provoked controversy after posting a picture of himself in the bath with his granddaughter on Instragram.

Bishop Larry Trotter of the Sweet Holy Spirit Church caused uproar on Twitter after sharing the intimate snap with his fans on the popular photo-sharing site.

In the picture, Trotter and his granddaughter smile for the camera while covered in bubbles from the neck down. It is not clear whether they are unclad.

One outraged fan said: ” No man should ever ever ever take a bath with a female in his family or friends. That’s only for a man and his wife! This is totally inappropriate behavior!”

Another said: “This might seem innocent but my question to you is why on earth you are taking a bath where your 4/5 year old granddaughter can just walk in on you and question about the bubbles in the tub.”

And yet aother wrote: “I simply could not find anything right with this picture and I looked for 3 minutes.”

But the bishop has defended himself by saying that while taking a bubble bath, his grand daughter, who was visiting with her parents for the weekend, came into the bathroom and asked him if she could get in the tub and he said yes. Meanwhile, he claims the girl’s mother was there and took the photograph.

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/photo-popular-bishop-spotted-bathing-with-grand-daughter-is-this-right/

Celebrities / Music Duo ‘p-square’ Seperates!!! by 9jaolofofo(m): 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
According to Hiphopworldmagazine the duo split some days back.

“Born to the same mother, on the same day within just eight minutes of each other, grown up doing almost everything together, the duo of Peter and Paul of P-Square have in January, 2013, have parted ways……….. to two different vacation spots

For many, December is the holiday month they look forward to every year. This is not the same for P Square who do back-to-back shows, helping fans enjoy their holiday by performing at concerts, end of year parties and various kinds of events.

P-Square definitely had one of their busiest seasons last year. Now, for these hard working Jacks, it’s time to play; and they are choosing different vacation spots in the United States.

Last week, Paul was spotted in Atlanta, while Peter told us he’s hanging out with in San Francisco with kids Cameron and Lola. The multi-award winning duo and triple Headies winners at the 2012 edition say they’re “chopping their money”"

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/music-duo-p-square-seperates/
Politics / Kidnappers Of Bayelsa Speaker’s Mother Demand N40m Ransom by 9jaolofofo(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2013
The Speaker of the Bayelsa State Assembly, Kombowei Benson, yesterday disclosed the identity of those behind the Monday abduction of his mother, Benitah Kombowei, saying they are members of a dreaded cult group in the state and have demanded for N40million as ransom.

According to the Bayelsa Speaker, the kidnappers had during contact with him said he was singled out due to his involvement in the passage of the Anti-Cultism Bill into Law and his anti-cultism posture. The bill provided a minimum sentence of 10 years to anyone found guilty of cult related activities in the state.

The Speaker also revealed that the kidnappers confirmed that his alleged interference in the election of officers for the Community Development Committee in his area and the alleged frosty relationship among the leadership of the State House of Assembly was part of the reason he was targeted.

The 78-year-old mother of the Speaker, Mrs. Betinah Benson, was abducted in the early hours of Monday this week in her country home, Korokorosei village in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of the state.

The Speaker disclosed that the abductors of his mother allowed him to speak with his mother and that she sounded good, "indicating she is fine notwithstanding the condition."

Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer, Bayelsa State Command, Mr. Fidelis Odunna, who would not comment on the ransom demand, said officers and men of the intelligence unit were closing in on the kidnappers in their hideout.

More news and details: 9jaolofofo.com.ng
Celebrities / Picture Of Lady Gaga's Machine Gun Bra That Caused Wild Outrage by 9jaolofofo(m): 4:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
NO stranger to controversy, Lady Gaga has caused outrage once again by brandishing a machine-gun bra just a month after twenty six people were killed in a US school massacre.

The popstar donned the outfit, consisting of two plastic assault rifles strapped to each cup, during her concert in Vancouver, Canada.

But critics have suggested the garb is insensitive and in poor taste after 20 children and six adults were killed in a horrific massacre at Connecticut’s Sandy Hook primary school on December 14 last year.

A national debate on gun control is continuing to be played out in the US while the popstar flaunted the weapons during the North American leg of her Born This Way Ball tour.

Gaga has so far made no comment on the outfit.

Has she gone too far with this one?

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/lady-gagas-machine-gun-bra-causes-wild-outrage-photo/

Celebrities / Picture: Peter Okoye Shows Off Nearly Nude Body by 9jaolofofo(m): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2013
This dude doesnt seem to be slowing down oo…. Using every opportunity to intimidate those of us managing 2 packs.. or even none at all.. Lol
He shared this photo via his instagram page… he captioned it ‘For The Ladies’ What do you think?

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/for-the-ladies-peter-okoye-shows-off-nearly-nude-body-photo/

Celebrities / Picture: Peter Okoye’s Son Gets New Look (check Him Out) by 9jaolofofo(m): 3:07pm On Jan 17, 2013

Celebrities / Guess The Celeb With This 'amazing' Backside by 9jaolofofo(m): 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
Eheen!! You think you know all the sexy celebs abi?? Oya tell me.. who owns this 'splufik' backside ?? *smacking lips*

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/guess-the-celeb-with-this-amazing-backside-photos/

Crime / 2 Friends Arrested For Molesting A Girl In Lagos by 9jaolofofo(m): 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
Men of the Nigerian police in Lagos State have arrested two friends, Emeka Paul, 26 and Chibuzor Esowole, 27 for allegedly gang-raping a 22-year old woman (name withheld).

It was learnt that apart from raping her, they took her nude photographs and threatened to expose them if she reports to the police.

Police sources alleged that the victim was lured from her Festac residence to an estate at Apapa to attend a Christmas party on 27 December, 2012.

But instead of taking her to the party, the suspects tortured, brutalized and forcefully had unprotected sex with their victim in turns.

Thereafter, they collected her mobile phone, snapped her nude with their mobile phones and warned her not to tell anybody or report to the police.

But when she could no longer bear the shock and the agony she went through, especially the fear that her photographs were taken nude, she opened up to her parents.

The matter was reported at Festac Police Station, hence Emeka and Chibuzor were arrested.

They have been charged to court. The police docked them on a five-count charge of felony, conspiracy, rape, stealing and indecent assault before an Apapa magistrate’s court.
Funny enough, when the charge was read to them, they pleaded not guilty.

The presiding Magistrate, Mrs. A. K. Shonubi granted them bail in the sum of N100,000 with one surety in like sum. The matter was adjourned till 8 February, 2013, for mention.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/news/metro/page/2/
http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/2-friends-gang-rape-girl-in-lagos-take-nude-pictures-to-blackmail-her/
Celebrities / Mercy Johnson & Her New Born Baby (pic) by 9jaolofofo(m): 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2012
The Nollywood Star Actress delivered her bouncing baby girl today in America..

Check out the photo below:

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/photo-of-the-day-mercy-johnson-baby-soo-cute/

Celebrities / Re: Obafemi Martins & Balotelli's Sister Spotted In Private Jet. (pic) by 9jaolofofo(m): 11:09am On Dec 30, 2012
9jaolofofo: This love is getting strong oo.. I can imagine.. International marriage is around the corner. Lol

Meanwhile Obafemi Martins has debunked speculations that Mario Balotelli is upset over his love affair with the sister.. Read what he had to say:

“Mario is my boy. The respect is there because I used to play at Inter, in the youth team with him. He’s giving me my respect and I’m doing same. People are putting it in the news that he’s upset, of course he’s glad.
“He’s glad that Obafemi Martins is dating his sister. But if he gets jealous then it means he doesn’t want his sister to grow. But it’s not like that. The boy is not a bad boy.”

He also said he and Abigail haven’t discussed marriage yet.

“The relationship is true but getting married or not, we haven’t discussed anything like that. She’s upstairs and we’re happy together.”

Abigail, 24, told the The Sun in an interview in April that she couldn’t date a footballer: “Mario wouldn’t let me anyway. He knows only too well what they are like. They are surrounded by women. Girls throw themselves at them.”

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/obafemi-martins-mario-balotellis-sister-spotted-private-jetting-photo/

Jokes Etc / Re: Eggs In A Bottle: How Did This Happen ? (see Pic) by 9jaolofofo(m): 11:03am On Dec 30, 2012
k2039: [color=soyouquotedme]The bottle was split into two, the eggs were loaded into it, and cellotape was applied to join the bottle back. [/color]

Did u see Cellotape on the body ? U re funny sha
Music/Radio / Youtube Strips 2billion Fake Video Views From Rihanna, Justin Bieber And Others by 9jaolofofo(m): 8:45am On Dec 30, 2012
Some of these pop stars are artificial inflating their video views on Youtube to make themselves appear more popular online. Youtube chiefs recently stripped 2 billion views from pop videos on its site amid fears the figures were faked.

Rihanna, Justin Bieber and other music stars under Universal Music label lost 1 billion views.
Rita Ora, Alicia Keys, Labrinth and other music stars under Sony Music label lost 850 million views.
Michael Jackson’s feed lost 287 million views, while Beyonce lost 151 million views

Youtube stripped the views without suggesting the music stars or their labels were directly involved in artificially inflating them. Some fans who are hackers could have inflated them, or maybe the labels paid the ‘hackers’ to take up the numbers.

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/youtube-strips-2billion-fake-video-views-from-rihanna-justin-bieber-and-others/
Jokes Etc / Re: Eggs In A Bottle: How Did This Happen ? (see Pic) by 9jaolofofo(m): 8:39am On Dec 30, 2012
Celebrities / Obafemi Martins & Balotelli's Sister Spotted In Private Jet. (pic) by 9jaolofofo(m): 8:36am On Dec 30, 2012
This love is getting strong oo.. I can imagine.. International marriage is around the corner. Lol

Meanwhile Obafemi Martins has debunked speculations that Mario Balotelli is upset over his love affair with the sister.. Read what he had to say:

“Mario is my boy. The respect is there because I used to play at Inter, in the youth team with him. He’s giving me my respect and I’m doing same. People are putting it in the news that he’s upset, of course he’s glad.
“He’s glad that Obafemi Martins is dating his sister. But if he gets jealous then it means he doesn’t want his sister to grow. But it’s not like that. The boy is not a bad boy.”

He also said he and Abigail haven’t discussed marriage yet.

“The relationship is true but getting married or not, we haven’t discussed anything like that. She’s upstairs and we’re happy together.”

Abigail, 24, told the The Sun in an interview in April that she couldn’t date a footballer: “Mario wouldn’t let me anyway. He knows only too well what they are like. They are surrounded by women. Girls throw themselves at them.”

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/obafemi-martins-mario-balotellis-sister-spotted-private-jetting-photo/
Jokes Etc / Eggs In A Bottle: How Did This Happen ? (see Pic) by 9jaolofofo(m): 8:25am On Dec 30, 2012
Could this be possible? Eggs inside a bottle. Haba! Nairalanders no be jazz be this ?

Celebrities / Pictures Of Chris Brown In Lagos.. Chilling With Wizkid & Eko Hotel Concerþ by 9jaolofofo(m): 9:11am On Dec 23, 2012
The hottest R&B star Chris Brown performed in Lagos on Saturday, December 22nd with a bunch of other Nigerian artistes like Wizkid and others at the Expo Hall in Eko Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos…

The concert was sold out despite the starting price of N15,000.. Check out these pictures below of Breezy chilling with our very own ‘Wiz’ and performing on stage later on.. Click link for more photos

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/chris-brown-performs-live-eko-hotel-spotted-with-wizkid-photos/

Celebrities / Chris Brown Arrives Lagos For Eko Hotel Concert by 9jaolofofo(m): 11:16pm On Dec 22, 2012
*clears throat* All roads lead to the glamorous Eko Hotel Suites… Where International RnB star ‘Chris Brown’ ll be shutting it down in his much talked concert tonight..

He just tweeted about 30 minutes ago that he has arrived Lagos for the event.. Oya no dulling oo.. *picks your shoes* and meet me there…. For those that cannot make it, feel free to start lying on your BBM updates as usal.. *Enroute Eko Hotel.. Breezy <3<3* Loool

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/chris-brown-finally-arrives-lagos-for-concert-eko-hotel-suites/
Celebrities / Chris Brown Arrives Lagos For Eko Hotel Concert by 9jaolofofo(m): 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
*clears throat* All roads lead to the glamorous Eko Hotel Suites… Where International RnB star ‘Chris Brown’ ll be shutting it down in his much talked concert tonight..

He just tweeted about 30 minutes ago that he has arrived Lagos for the event.. Oya no dulling oo.. *picks your shoes* and meet me there…. For those that cannot make it, feel free to start lying on your BBM updates as usal.. *Enroute Eko Hotel.. Breezy <3<3* Loool

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/chris-brown-finally-arrives-lagos-for-concert-eko-hotel-suites/

Celebrities / Balotelli Furious Over Obafemi Martins Relationship With His Sister by 9jaolofofo(m): 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
Nigerian player, Obafemi Martins is in love with Abigail Barwuah, the sister of Manchester City’s Mario Balotteli and he is not hiding it.

Photos of Obagoal and Ghanaian Abigail Barwuah hugging and kissing has emerged and gone viral. Reports by the foreign media say Abigail and the Nigeria international, Martins, who plays for Levante in the Spanish La Liga, are involved in a discrete relationship.

Record.com.mx quoted some Italian media, saying that the pair were captured on camera in suggestive poses, with Martins embracing and kissing Abigail. The relationship between the Nigerian goal poacher and his Ghanaian girlfriend started in Milan, Italy when Martins was playing for Inter Milan.

It was gathered that Balotelli is deeply concerned and displeased that the pictures have been published, as he does not approve of the relationship.

Abigail is the eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs.Thomas – Rose Barwuah, biological parents of Balotelli. It would be recalled that Mario Balotelli at age two was fostered by White Italian family, Francesco and Silvio Balotelli as suggested by Social Workers when his parents couldn’t cope with his health condition..

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/obafemi-martins-should-stop-dating-my-sister-balotelli-furious-over-relationship-rumours/

Celebrities / 9jaolofofo's Interview With Tunde Ednut by 9jaolofofo(m): 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2012
He is definitely not a new figure in the Nigerian entertainment circle.. The comedian turned Music Artiste is already a household name as long as showbiz in Nigeria is concerned..

One funny thing most people don’t know about Tunde Ednut is he actually did Graphic designing alongside comedy back in America before switching to music and returning to Nigeria..

9JAOLOFOFO caught up with him recently and he told us a whole lot of things as regards his career and plans.. Continue Reading…..

• What inspired your switch from ‘Comedy’ to ‘Music’

- I have always wanted to do music. I was a member of the choir when I was younger. I’ve always loved music. My comedy then was always centred around music in Nigeria. I always use to part songs with alto, tenor and all that and then I got encouraged by loads of people for me try out singing and mixing comedy together.
I got back to Nigeria, met Samklef and we cooked up something, I released it, people loved it. I enjoyed the whole process of making music. I started getting loads of fans and I started getting more shows. It was then I said to myself “I think I wanna do music” cos’ it was stress free for me unlike trying to write out new jokes everyday for different shows, different people all the time.

• Tell us about the first time you mounted a stage as a musician.. How was the experience like ?

- I felt funny on stage cos’ I never use to dance whenever I was on stage. I just crack jokes. I was on stage and I was just so shy *laughs* but along the line after the first day, I got so comfortable.

• What genre of music are you into?

- Afro-pop is my thing

• Your best performance so far since you started making music.

- Was the show I did in Abuja. My cloth was ripped apart by the girls and they all sang the song (catching cold remix) word for word. It was the best show ever. They didn’t allow me to sing, they got on stage, collected the mic and were singing to themselves..

• Now let’s go back.. How was growing up like ? Tell us a bit about your background.

- I was born into the family of 5. 3 children. I am the second born, first boy. I was born in Katsina state and then later moved to Lagos. My parent were lecturers in Universities as at then. We were not rich, but we were very very comfortable.

• What’s the craziest rumour you have heard about yourself ?

- That I had sex with some girl that I have never seen in my life. She tweeted it and even put it on her facebook status. What a girl *Laughs*.. That was way back in London before I moved back to Nigeria..

• What are your fans expecting from you soon? New projects, Singles. Videos, Album ?? Tell us.

- I just dropped ‘Buga Won’ Reloaded. A song written by me and produced by Phujja, released in November 2012. I am working on shooting the video right now. Come 2013, I will be releasing my album. I am recording with different Nigerian acts at the moment and an International act also will be featured on my album. So yeah.. stay tuned for 2013. Loads of songs and videos before the release of my album.

• Are you planning another ‘Jingle Bells’ christmas song for this year

- I was planning to release Jingle Bell for this year. We had already recorded, was waiting for the sponsor to pay for the video and all that. So many things delayed and so we had to postpone it till next year when the sponsors are ready. So for now, we just gonna promote the last Jingle Bell since everyone on the Jingle Bell song are still rocking the Nigerian music industry and are all still in demand. So I believe it will work again for this year.

• Nigeria’s music industry.. Share your opinion and views with us.

- It is an industry that has grown over the years. We have improved in skills, videos. We do collabos with top celebrities across the world. Every other country just wants to associate with Nigerian artistes. They wanna hear our sounds. We have taken over afrobeats. We have taken over the various awards. And most of the artistes are getting paid well now. So yeah, the Nigerian music industry has really improved and we are proud. We are recorgnised all over the world.

• Where do you see yourself and brand 5 years from now ?

- I see myself being very big. I said corporate bodies approaching me on and on for endorsements cos’ I’ll always keep pushing and never give up.

• What’s the craziest thing a fan has done to show love and support for your personality ?

- FANS got on stage… tore my suit, trouser and even boxers. The bouncers had to lift me out forcefully from the crowd. I loved the attention though. *Laughs*

• Errr.. *coughs* How do you handle ladies ? Cos as a young celebrity many ll flock around you. ?

- Trust me I handle them well. Thats all I have to say about that….*Laughs*

• Is Tunde Ednut engaged.. ? If yes. Whats her name ?

- No I am not engaged O!

QUICK TRIVIA:

• Your favourite meal ?
– Plantain and Egg

• What’s the most expensive item in your wardrobe & how much? – My ear ring (Just one pair), Price ? *Lip sealed*

• Tell us 1 Funny/Awkward thing about Tunde Ednut that his fans don’t know. – I like to mess and hear the sound of my mess only when I’m alone.

• Your favourite producer ? – Don Jazzy and Phujja (Bomb Shelter Production)

• Your number 1 Music Artiste in Nigeria ? – D’banj & The Mavins

• Major Turn off ? – Body Odour

• Major Turn on ? – Big Ass

• Wizkid or Davido *coughs* ?! – Errrrrrm I can’t answer that o *Laughs*

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/celebrity-focus-9jaolofofo-meets-tunde-ednut-exclusive-interview/

Celebrities / Wizkid Writes Inspiring Article About His Life, Career, Love Child & Davido. by 9jaolofofo(m): 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
About my career:

Although I am hardworking, I would not be where I am today if God had not made it possible. It has been hard work all the way. I am just thankful to God. Initially, I prayed to God to bless my work. I have always believed in hard work. If you work hard, you will be rewarded. I just kept working hard and staying on my lane and doing my thing. I wouldn’t say I saw this success coming. But I kept praying to God to make it happen for me and He did. I don’t intend to stop now, just because I have achieved this ‘little’ success. I am just on my first album. I am not fulfilled yet. I am not even close to getting fulfilled. I have not started anything. I feel that God has a big plan for me. I have to live up to expectation. That is why I am always working. My album is ready. I dropped my album last year. It is going to be another two years before I release another one. The new album reflects a more mature Wizkid at work. I will be involved in a number of collaborations.

About Empire Mate Entertainment:

I am not a greedy person. I am very open with the people I work with. All the people on the EME label act like members of one family. What we have is not just a working relationship. I am not scared or worried about the other artistes signed on to EME. When Banky W and I started the records label, our dream was to make EME an empire. It was after my album became successful that we started having new artistes. If Banky W didn’t pull me up, I wouldn’t be where I am today. It is all about talent at EME. There is no rivalry here. That is not how we work. Before I release any song, I let my label mates listen to it. Even if there is a beat I have, I let them listen to it. This is a family thing. We work together. There is no rivalry among us. If we had any competition, it would not augur well for the growth of the label. All we have is love. I am grateful to God for taking us this far. We are not competing with anybody, even outside EME. We are doing our thing and getting our money.

Davido and I:

There is certainly no friction between Davido and I. We are friends, just as I am friendly with other Nigerian artistes. I think some people are just saying what comes to their minds. When I emerged as a singer, people were comparing me with Wande Coal. The sky is big enough for every bird to fly. He (Davido) has not stolen my fans. Nobody has said that he has lured my fans away. I am still performing at shows and getting well paid for it. I am not competing with him either. My fans still show me love. But then, in Nigeria, all of us actually have the same fans. If I mount the stage, people will scream. They will do the same thing if Tuface appears on stage, too. This shows that the sky is big enough for all of us. You cannot be alone in the music industry. We need more people. This is not a one-man show.

My kind of music:

When I go into the studio, I try to record a song that would sound different when you play it in a nightclub or on the radio station. I had to create my own type of music. I had expected people to think of my music as different from what they are used to.

Occasional regrets:

It is not often that I wish I wasn’t involved in entertainment. But when I think of not doing what I used to do anymore, I feel bad. I cannot walk freely on the streets again. But then, the other rewards I get from being an artiste make up for such moments. You cannot have everything at once.

Back to school:

I have planned my career. If I have to go back to school, it means I have to study music business. I want to learn more about my business. Although I have my lawyers handling stuff for me now, I really want to know more about music. If I have to have my own company in future, I will be able to handle it. Definitely, I will go back to school one day. Right now, everything is fine. If I have to go back to school, it has to be on a part time basis. I have concerts to attend and I am always going on tour. It will be difficult for me to go back to school and study full time.

Music fans:

I feel blessed when people cluster around me. Although it can get crazy sometimes, it is still a blessing. I used to walk freely on the streets before and nobody gave me attention. But the story has changed now and I think it is a good thing. I don’t have to feel bad about it.

No love child:

It was rumoured that I had a love child. Even if I had a child, I don’t think it is something I should be ashamed of. Instead, I would come out plainly and declare that I am a father. Everybody makes mistakes. But it was just a false rumour. I don’t have a child anywhere. Besides, women hang around every male artiste. It comes with the job. Girls will definitely fall in love with any successful musician. They may find you attractive just because you are talented. I handle women my own way.

Aspiration:

I want to be a good father to my children when the time comes. I intend to have a great family. Right now, I am working to have a better life. I always try to plan ahead. It is too early to ask me if I have seen the woman I would spend the rest of my life with. I am not even involved in any relationship.

My family:

My family gives me plenty of support and love. They are always with me. When problems come, they are the ones I run to.

Managing fame:

I know that many people have not been able to manage fame. So they get hooked on hard drugs and other vices. People don’t know that I am under pressure most of the time. In spite of this, I have managed to go this far.

Music business in Nigeria:

Music business should be for those who have the talent. Many people think music is just a very easy way of getting out of the streets and making money. Some think it is a short cut to popularity. But there is more to it. You can be great in whatever you set out to do as long as you are talented. You can make shoes and you can become an international shoemaker. You can be an international caterer. You must not follow the bandwagon. People are just biased. They feel they can sing in the studio. If it is not God’s plan for them, it won’t work. Some of my colleagues are in the wrong business. But the presence of such people will always make you look good in the industry. We need such people around so that people will see the better ones and know that they are really good.

EME Concert:

This is different from the concerts we are used to having in the country. The concert is coming up very soon in Lagos. We are bringing in a lot of things on the stage. We want to make sure that we have a great show. Other guest artistes will also perform at the concert. Definitely, the whole EME stars will be on the stage. The idea to have this show was a collective thing. Expect lots of fun at the show.

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/must-read-wizkid-writes-inspiring-article-about-his-life-career-education-love-child-davido/

Fashion / PHOTO: Beyonce Caught Off Guard.. Without Underwear ? by 9jaolofofo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 15, 2012
I don’t want to talk much on this.. Here is a photo I saw online.. I don’t know how recent it is.. But hey, that’s ‘Mama Blue’ Beyonce herself spotted *lip sealed*

Another fashion blunder.. Disadvantage of short dresses..

http://9jaolofofo.com.ng/omg-beyonce-caught-off-guard-is-that-her/

Crime / How Man Forced His Wife To Drink Petrol & Set Her Ablaze In Aba by 9jaolofofo(m): 10:55am On Nov 29, 2012
Pandemonium broke out in Aba, the commercial hub of Abia State at the weekend when a man set his wife ablaze for complaining to her sister-in-law on phone about the husband’s alleged maltreatment . The suspect later reported himself to the police.

The man, whose name was given as Ndubuisi Okafor, a trailer driver, who hails from Amawbia, Awka in Anambra State, had allegedly been having quarrels with the wife for sometime now.

Okafor, who owns two trailers, was reportedto have severally accused her wife of being too religious which he claimed, prevented him from making good money. He was alleged to have even destroyed the wife’s Bible. A source revealed that two days to theincident, the woman, Chinyere, 40, who hailed from Obingwu Asa in Ukwa West Local Government of Abia State, had complained to the husband that she was sick and needed initially money to buy somedrugs, which the husband refused.

This prompted Chinyere to call her sister-in-law on phone to complain about it and other related issues which did not go down well with the man. Okafor, according to the source, later gave the wife money for the drugs and travelled to Port Harcourt. When Okafor came back from his journey the following day he met his wife cooking and went inside the kitchen to confront her over the phone call to his sister. The man did not accept his wife’s explanations. He allegedly pounced on his wife, who had three boys for him and attacked her.

After beating the wife to stupor, Okafor allegedly forced her to drink some litres of fuel, poured some on her body before dumping his wife, into a big rubber container before setting her ablaze. Neighbours who were attracted to the apartment by the woman’s cry for help broke into their flat, put out the fire before rushing the lady to hospital. The first hospital she was taken to rejected her due to the high degree of burns she sustained.

But it was at the Living Word Mission Hospital where she was admitted and given first aid treatment and referred to UNTH, Enugu. It was on their way to UNTH at Osisioma, about two kilometres from the hospital, the woman died. Four hospitals allegedly rejected the body being deposited at their mortuary because it was badly damaged. When Okafor learnt the wife had died, he reported himself to the Timber Police Station where he reportedly told the police it was his wife that set herself ablaze.

Relations of the deceased are alleging that the man killed their sister for rituals.
According to the woman’s elder sister, Nkechinyere Nwogu, “before the incident, Okafor had severally told my sister he needed money at all costs and that the wife had been the stumbling block, and he even destroyed her Bible.

“Presently, we the family members don’t know where the bodyof my sister is because four hospitals rejected her body to be deposited in their mortuary due to its very bad state.”

When our correspondent visited 45 Azubuike Street by Uratta /Express junction residence of the couple, the building was deserted by their neighbours over fear of massive arrest by the police. As at Press time, the suspect was still being detained at the Timber Police Station.

http://9jaolofofo.com/how-man-forced-his-wife-to-drink-petrol-set-her-ablaze-in-aba/
TV/Movies / Photos From The New Nollywood Movie Titled ‘aluu4′ by 9jaolofofo(m): 8:15am On Nov 28, 2012
There’s an Aluu4 movie in the making and it’s being produced by Simony Productions, the Idumota marketers that brought you Blackberry Babes.

Errr.. I actually think everything is wrong here..
Are they trying to mock the late students or what? Cos am pretty sure these idumota marketers are not shooting this movie to honour the late students.. Its all for their pocket-returns.

The young men lost their lives on october 5th and in about 50 days a movie has already been shot about the sad incident..

Did the script writers get information from the police or even visit the families of the deceased students.. ??!
Am sure the information that ll be passed ll be based on what made rounds online.

I can imagine the agony and trauma the families ll go through when they see this movie.. OMG!!! Nigeria/Nollywood we hail thee..

Or what do you all think?

http://9jaolofofo.com/na-wa-oh-photos-from-the-new-nollywood-movie-titled-aluu4/

Politics / REVEALED: Details Of How President Jonathan And Obasanjo Fell Apart. by 9jaolofofo(m): 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2012
In Abeokuta last Friday, governors, leaders of the National Assembly and political heavy weights gathered to lay the foundation stone of a mosque at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) complex. Even former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, who has had a bitter political battle with former President Obasanjo, attended the event and donated N5 million towards the project. 

Conspicuously absent was President Goodluck Jonathan. He was not there in person. He was not represented by any minister or presidential aide.

President Jonathan’s absence at an event that touches the heart of his benefactor is one of the manifestations of the divide between the two leaders. Obasanjo it was who influenced Jonathan’s political rise as Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, through Governor, Vice President, Acting President, substantive President and Jonathan’s election as president in the 2011 elections. Though unspoken, the feud is now in the open, like a festering wound. 

Obasanjo, on his part, has kept away from the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in the last few months. He didn’t attend the last Council of State meeting in July. His voice was not heard sympathising or commiserating with the first family over the illness of Dame Patience Jonathan and the death of Jonathan’s younger brother, the late Meni, respectively. Instead, the volley of attacks and counter-attacks directly and by proxy has replaced the filial relationship between them. Obasanjo even dumped his position as chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) board of trustees – a position he fought very hard to keep. Ever since that decision, things continued to fall apart between the two.

How Jonathan and Obasanjo fell apart
The crack between Jonathan and Obasanjo began to emerge shortly after the 2011 presidential election. A close associate of Obasanjo revealed to Sunday Trust that after the bitter battle before, during and after the polls, Obasanjo asked Jonathan to mend the divide between the North and South by visiting those who contested against him in the presidential primaries and the election. But Jonathan refused to do so. Secondly, it was alleged that Obasanjo warned Jonathan against reducing the presidency to an Ijaw affair, when it was apparent that the president had surrounded himself with his kinsmen, some of them ex-militants. Again, Jonathan ignored him. 

Then, when Jonathan wanted to constitute his cabinet, it was gathered, Obasanjo recommended some names from the South-West, considering the fact that the region which voted for Jonathan overwhelmingly had no governor. Sunday Trust gathered that Obasanjo was shocked when Jonathan threw away his list, and the South-West did not make it to any of the top 10 cabinet positions. Combined with the suspicion that Jonathan may have deliberately traded the South-West governorship positions with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) to enable him win the presidential election, Obasanjo felt used and dumped. To worsen the situation, it was alleged that the president stopped picking Obasanjo’s calls.

Obasanjo turns critic of Jonathan administration
Indications that Obasanjo accepted his maltreatment and was looking in a different direction, perhaps, to take his pound of flesh, manifested in reports alleging that he was looking North-ward for Jonathan’s replacement, come 2015. Though he denied ever endorsing Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido and Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi as his choices for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP’s) presidential flag bearers in 2015, Obasanjo’s body language told the world that he had shifted his support from Jonathan. 

At local and international fora, he took a swipe on the Jonathan administration for wasting the country’s foreign reserve, put at about $35 billion in 2007. Obasanjo had said, “We left what we call excess crude, let’s build it for rainy day, up to $35 billion; within three years, the $35 billion disappeared. Whether the money disappeared or, like the governor said, it was shared, the fact remains that $35 billion disappeared from the foreign reserve I left behind in office. When we left that money, we thought we were leaving it for the rainy day… But my brother said the rain is not falling now. But the fact is that when the rain is falling, we will have nothing to cover our heads with because we have blown it off. The Chinese do not think that way.” The statement was an allusion to the Jonathan administration, as both foreign reserve and excess crude account sank shortly after the 2011 elections.

Obasanjo’s statements became more and more critical of the Jonathan administration. On November 11, he spoke in Dakar, Senegal about the alarming rate of unemployment in the country, and concluded that the country was sitting on a time-bomb. He told the gathering at an entrepreneurship programme under the auspices of that Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and the African Development Bank that when he became president, youth unemployment was put at 72 per cent, but that he reduced it to about 52 per cent. Now, it has ballooned to unmanageable proportion. Obasanjo underscored his fears with this remark: “I am afraid. And when a General says he is afraid, that means the danger ahead is real and potent. Despite the imminent threat to Nigeria’s nationhood there is no serious, realistic short or long term solution to youth unemployment.”

Though Obasanjo argued that his remarks were not meant to instigate Nigerians against government, few days after the Dakar event, he was in Warri, Delta State to frontally attack Jonathan over his ‘weak’ approach to insecurity. At the 40th anniversary of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor’s call to ministry at the Word of Life Bible Church, Obasanjo said, “They (Boko Haram) stated their grievances and I promised to relay them to the authorities in power, because that was the best I could do. I did report. But my fear at that time is still my fear till today. When you have a sore and fail to attend to it quickly, it festers and grows to become something else.

“Whichever way, you just have to attend to it. Don’t leave it unattended to. On two occasions I had to attend to the problem I faced at that time. I sent soldiers to a place and 19 of them were killed. If I had allowed that to continue, I will not have authority to send security whether police, soldier and any force any where again. So, I had to nip it in the bud and that was the end of that particular problem.”

Referring to criticisms that he foisted Jonathan on the nation, Obasanjo said, “The beauty of democracy is that power rests in the people, and every elected person would seek your votes to come back; if you don’t want him, he won’t come back.”

Jonathan fires back
Obasanjo’s reference to how he tackled the Odi crisis attracted a length remark from Jonathan during the presidential media chat on Sunday, November 18. The tragedy, which happened on November 20, 1999 led to the killing of many persons in the Bayelsa State community. Though Obasanjo said it halted militants’ attacks on the army, Jonathan disagreed, bluntly saying, “When the Odi matter came up, I was the Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State, and I can give you the narratives of what led to the Odi crisis. The peak of the activities of the militancy in Niger Delta was when 12 police officers were killed in a cold blooded murder. That made the federal government to invade Odi. And after that invasion, the governor and I visited Odi. 

“Ordinarily, the governor and the deputy governor were not supposed to move together under such a situation. And we saw some dead people mainly old men and women and also children. None of those militants was killed. None was killed. So, bombarding Odi was to solve the problem but it never solved it. If the attack on Odi had solved the issue of militancy in the Niger Delta, the Yar’adua government, in which I had the privilege of being the Vice President, wouldn’t have come up with the amnesty programme. So, that should tell you that the attack on Odi never solved the militancy problems. People will even tell you that rather it escalated it. It attracted international sympathy and we had lots of challenges after that attack on Odi.”

Implications of the face-off for 2015:
Obasanjo does not forgive. Obasanjo has always had the last laugh. These two expressions have become aphorisms in the Nigerian political circle because of some antecedents. Many politicians who attracted Obasanjo’s anger regretted it. Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar; former Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel; former Speaker Umar Gha’li Na’Abbah, former Senate President Anyim Pius Anyim; the late Senate President Pius Okadigbo, former PDP National Chairman, Chief Audu Ogbeh and even the late President Umaru Musa Yar’adua were not spared. In different ways they disagreed with Obasanjo. In different ways they lost out. 

As the political alignment for 2015 intensifies, there are fears that the Obasanjo group could pull the rug off Jonathan’s 2015 ambition. In Abeokuta last Friday, many governors from the North, some of whom have presidential ambition, engaged in a closed door meeting with Obasanjo after they contributed to the fund for building the presidential library mosque. If anything, the harmony demonstrated at the meeting pointed to the reality of power shift from the South to the North, a change that Obasanjo has openly canvassed for. The big alliance being planned by the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) would provide a veritable alternative to dissenting groups in the PDP, if Jonathan picks the party’s ticket for 2015 presidential election.

Presidential aides declined to make comments on the cold war between Jonathan and Obasanjo. Many calls put through to Dr Doyin Okupe, a Senior Special Assistant to Jonathan on Public Affairs, were not answered. He did not respond to text messages sent to his mobile phone, explaining what this newspaper wanted him to clarify. Subsequent calls made to Dr Okupe after the text messages had been delivered were not attended to. 

Also, Dr Reuben Abati, the president’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, did not respond to our reporter’s calls and text messages. The president’s Special Assistant on Political Affairs, Malam Ahmed Gulak, also refused to respond to calls and text messages to his mobile telephone. However, in his response to criticisms by former leaders of Jonathan last Friday, Gulak had said, “They have had their opportunities to rule this country before. Some have done eight years; some have done 12 years, some have done seven years, they have done their own bits. Therefore, what we are saying is that, they should be elder statesmen; give advice from the sides, not to dabble into creating crisis within the system.”

According to Gulak, he agreed that nobody could deprive people of their rights to air their views on any national issue, including how they are governed, but such criticisms should be constructive. He argued that when such criticisms come from those who had been privileged to have led the country in the past, they should be moderated, not to create social disharmony in the country.

In his reaction to the face-off between Jonathan and Obasanjo, the National Publicity Secretary of the Conference of Nigeria Political Parties (CNPP), Mr Osita Okechukwu, described it as ‘nemesis at work’.

The divide between Jonathan and Obasanjo may influence the country’s future political leadership. An intense power struggle may be in the offing in 2015.

http://9jaolofofo.com/revealed-how-president-jonathan-and-obasanjo-fell-apart/

Music/Radio / Cool FM Suspends Dotun For Slapping Female Colleague. by 9jaolofofo(m): 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2012
Popular Cool FM 96.9 radio presenter/On-Air-Personality Oladotun Ojuolape Kayode, a.k.a D.O 2d T.U.N was recently suspended for slapping a colleague.

The energetic and eccentric OAP is said to have handed out the slap on an intern for ‘being rude.’ Inside sources say the management, after listening to both parties and witnesses, were forced to hand out the suspension to the OAP. Dotun was apparently aggravated by the intern, Tobi, and reacted by slapping her.

Some sources inside the organisation however claim that Tobi deserved it: ‘I’m sorry Dotun got suspended but we at the office are all happy he slapped her’, another OAP working at the station tells NET in anonymity.
‘She was spoilt and rude and was causing too
much wahala at the station, she had it coming!’.

We’re told Tobi joined the station and was assigned to work with another OAP, Mannie on the ‘Good Morning Nigeria Show’ as one of his
three co-hosts, but after a while, she was reportedly transferred to the production room
because she wasn’t getting on well with the other presenters. ‘They had to take her off air and transfer her where she would be less of a
disturbance’, our source tells us.

Tobi has since completed her NSYC year and left the station, while Dotun has now returned to his job.
‘It happened some months back. I have made up with her and we’ve both moved on‘, Dotun who participated in the October edition of ‘Walk against Violence’ tells NET.
Dotun, who has been working at Cool FM since 2004, currently anchors the ‘Midday Oasis Show’ alongside singer-presenter Temilola ‘Taymi’ Balogun. He also doubles as an MC at various shows, helping out at the weekly talent showcase Industry Nite once in a while.
The 28-year-old occasionally serves as a hypeman, working with rappers Ice Prince and Vector. Dotun is currently in a relationship with Taiwo Oyebanjo, pop star D’banj’s younger sister and Kay Switch’s twin.
Sources say Dotun and Taiwo are head over heels in love with each other, with the former often saying Taiwo has ‘changed his life.’
We hear he has also met her parents and has gotten approval from them and D’banj himself.
Taiwo Oyebanjo served as the Mo’Hits accountant before the controversial split, and currently runs a women’s clothing boutique in Victoria Island.

http://9jaolofofo.com/cool-fm-suspends-dotun-for-slapping-female-colleague/

Celebrities / Pictures: Could This Be Iceprince's Girlfriend ? by 9jaolofofo(m): 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2012
Ice Prince’s love life is something I can effectively describe as WA-ZO-BIA, as he has been linked to various girls in the past and even making a baby with one of them. Word now is that Ice Prince Panshak Zamani is getting it in with fashion designer, Yvonne Nwosu if their public display of affection which include deep kissing, cuddling, tight hugging etc etc is anything to go by.

The pair were practically inseparable at musician KAS’ birthday party, love is indeed a good thing and we wish them a happy union.

http://9jaolofofo.com/pgotos-could-this-be-iceprinces-girlfriend/

Celebrities / Reasons Why Chris Brown Deleted His Twitter Account. by 9jaolofofo(m): 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2012
Chris Brown is throwing up the deuces to Twitter. Following a public showdown with comedy writer Jenny Johnson, the R&B superstar has deleted his account.

The two went back and forth exchanging jabs on Sunday. It started when Johnson responded to one of Brown’s tweets. “I look old as Bleep! I’m only 23,” wrote Breezy, to which she replied, “I know! Being a worthless piece of shit can really age a person.”

The tweets got even more vulgar. “Take them teeth out when u Sucking my dick HOE,” wrote Chris. Johnson fired back: “It’s ‘HO’ not ‘HOE’ you ignorant Bleep.”

This is not the first time Johnson has targeted Chris on Twitter. She has been baiting him since July 2011 as seen in this compilation of tweets.

Johnson explained why she has a problem with the singer. “I have zero respect for a person who seems unapologetic for the terrible crime he committed and shows no signs of changing,” she said.

He shot back, alluding to his relationship with Rihanna. “Just ask Rihanna if she mad

In 2009, Chris deleted his @MechanicalDummy account following a rant against Wal-Mart and other retailers who he felt were boycotting his album F.A.M.E.

Before signing off, Breezy sent out one last tweet to his fans. “To teambreezy… Know that I’m not upset. Just felt like entertaining the ignorance. These bitches crazy..Further proved my point of how immature society is. #CarpeDiem…Catch me in traffic,” he wrote.

Chris has 30 days to reinstate his page and keep his followers. Nicki Minaj deleted her account only to return within a month.

Do you think Breezy will be back? Sound off below.

http://9jaolofofo.com/reasons-why-chris-brown-deleted-his-twitter-account/

(1) (2) (of 2 pages)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119