Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

004gist's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 004gist's Profile / 004gist's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 26 pages)

Career / Re: Twitter Refuses To Pay African Employees, Replies With Poop Emoji by 004gist: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
clems88:
Racism at work. You can never take racism out of a white man.
what about we Nigeria? where we call the Eastern IPOB, drug lord, they can never rill Nigeria.
where we call westerners the organ harvesters

where Northerner call igbo all sort of names.

where if u don't speak a language.. u can't get employed except its ur tribe men doing the recruitment

1 Like

Food / Re: How Do You Prefer Your Corn? (picture) by 004gist: 8:56am On Jul 17, 2023
Mcreloaded:

Agbo boy?

agbado
Politics / Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 3:11am On Jul 15, 2023
sunboy:

Congratulations 🎉 but stop blaming the government for everything though, the country you’re going to you will see many imperfections in their government too.

I should stope blaming the government for everything? how
you have not seen the frustration we have faced with this form A.

first they asked us to submit it and fund account they will debit it in 3 months but they failed.

then they issued directive for us to go get Tax clearance of 3 years which we did. some spent 250k to get this from respective states.
only two weeks they said everything has increased to 900 to 1000 from 560.
and even at that they can't guarantee to give forex subject to when they receive.

i have begged my bank to allow me buy from black market n deposit since May.. they said if I buy it like that it's against banking policy. majority of the money I paid had to be sent from abroad.. about 99% except charges n few remainder

will i talk about renewal of passport? that one I spent 85k bribes everywhere.

last week I travelled from East to do a compulsory medical test in Abuja.. only on transport I spent 55 thousand naira going 24k n coming 31k.

if there is job in this country will I be traveling out to areas I don't know?
since almost 10 years I graduated where is the work?

What has improved? if not that I now had to learn skills in programming to work outside using foreign platforms maybe hunger for don kill'me and family.

I blame the government for everything.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2023
sunboy:

Direct bank transfer is you sending flutterwave to your friends or family and have them make the direct bank transfer. Abi I no sabi English again ni ? All your school care about is getting their money and as long as you add your identifier in the payment reference you should be fine.

Alternatively, Contact your international student office and explain your situation to them, they will work with you.

Wo, you do you. No energy to dey emphasize on the obvious.
tongue I don buy black market today n finally paid..
like i said i don't want my money to miss road or what they won't recognise..
thanks. maybe next payment I will ask them.
Food / Re: How Do You Prefer Your Corn? (picture) by 004gist: 7:51pm On Jul 14, 2023
as an agbo boy I like roasted one

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 7:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
sunboy:

You could do flutterwave to family or friends that you trust, and pay the school? Or doing in bits, you don’t have to do all at once if you don’t trust their platform.

Bottom line is that we both agree that there’s options out there.

my school only accept direct bank transfer or convera and debit card of which the debit card the bank said i can't transfer if I bought from Aboki and deposited. unless inflows.

I don't want to try other options cos the school are concerned about the source of funds most importantly

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 7:35pm On Jul 14, 2023
9jatriot:
Ah, just as I thought.

The problem is now the high rate and not waiting for months waiting for CBN rate that was been exploited by a few elite guys.

I wish you the best in your education, start to de prepare ground for part time job wen you go do where you de go o... To send you money from here non go de easy again. Keep your profile low in the early days untii you start to find your foot.

The country has to follow my brother, I give your around 15 years of staying abroad and you will wish more than even those at home that the country becomes really good

thanks brother I appreciate.

as for the waiting days its still 120 days for school fees (maybe for those who don't have connection like me). the funny thing is that I know someone who got debited without his bank carrying out necessary processes and his school fee got processed within two weeks of applying.
there is a case of a lady that applied also. even when the rate of cbn has gone to 750, they debited her the next day she applied @ 600 naira.

that was when I lost hope.
that's Nigeria for you. as the person said someone in government the dad knows did it.

its well
Politics / Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2023
9jatriot:
Hmmm okay.
Thanks for the info.

don't mind I was confused that afternoon. I later got dollars from someone and also I had to go into the banking hall, stood there n wait for anyone trying withdraw their Remittance so I buy.

I have successfully paid my fees. though what I paid is like 5m compared to 2.6 I suppose pay if It was form A rate of June last month before everything increased

this country no follow.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 6:13pm On Jul 14, 2023
sunboy:

Use flutterewave, they accept naira to dollar and other currencies. Try Lemonade they accept naira to pounds. It’s not that hard like you made it sound.

first you will ask if your school receives such payment platform.

They have instructions they outlined. which you have to follow.

transfering over 5 to 8m no be beans I no want hear stories
Politics / Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 2:16pm On Jul 14, 2023
9jatriot:
Since a single window was opened, you can walk into your bank and request for USD and you will get.
This your old request is no longer valid as CBN no longer gives USD.

The day is still young and banks haven't closed, enter bank today and come and update this thread.

grin u sabi ague when has cbn been giving usd. stop arguing what u don't know anything about

they rather they pay directly to ur school... through form a

Please don't defend what u don't know.

1 Share

Politics / Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 1:07pm On Jul 14, 2023
zoghys:

Use tribapay, no need for this endless wahala.

Can they send money to UK schools up to 8k pounds
Politics / Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 12:54pm On Jul 14, 2023
9jatriot:
This has to be a lie. Oga enter the banking hall with your money and see if the bank will not credit your dom account with the forex equivalent.

since April 10th I have been waiting till now.
I have done tax clearance that cost me 100k which is a requirement they introduced last two month
no show

note I had applied since May 5th the bank said they can only do 5k dollar and I had to cancel then reapply

many people are stranded as I speak..

Politics / Re: How Tinubu’s Forex Policy Is Growing Remittance Into Nigeria by 004gist: 12:28pm On Jul 14, 2023
as at now not a single dollar can be accessed through the black market. it's been sucked and skyrocketed..
I have few days to pay my school fees.

I have waited for cbn after applying since April then June they asked for tax clearance and it cost me 100k to get it. till now nothing.

I have been running from one Aboki to another all of them are helpless.
If you can give me dollar for 850 please face to face transaction in the east please indicate... meeting inside the bank
updated
i have gotten dollars now n paid my fees, got from someone face to face transaction thanks

27 Likes

Politics / Re: Group Writes Tinubu, Demands Amnesty For Boko Haram, Bandits In The North by 004gist: 11:00am On Jul 14, 2023
grin bokoharam should be given contract just de way asari dokubo is now receiving contract..

one wage war on human
second wage war on infrastructure

sense... the North are right

3 Likes 1 Share

Career / Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by 004gist: 10:51am On Jul 14, 2023
maasoap:

In an area where a single bedroom apartment will be rented out at 280k per annum, how much will the land itself cost you?
Do you have the millions of naira that that will cost in addition to your conservative estimation of 40 million naira a storey of 12 flats with single bedrooms?
And lastly, how long will it take the person who is earning 450k per month to save such amount after his own daily spendings?
So, that takes us back to what I said in my post:

6 to 7m and above.

My brother as I said there are many businesses you can do.. property investment is one sure one although returns might be between 2 to 3 percent per annum but is still the safest.
Career / Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by 004gist: 9:09am On Jul 14, 2023
maasoap:

If you have enough streams of income, you are free to build a house to live in for yourself. That's not a wrong decision.
If are working with an organisation and having monthly saving and you think you need extra income but you're afraid to go into business, you could easily invest in land acquisition but not houses. Just strictly land. It is the land on which the building stands that appreciates in most cases, not the building itself.
The returns from houses are very low compared to the cost. It is only okay when you have lots of idle funds. So, using 50 million naira naira to get a land is far better than using 50 million naira to build a house or houses for rent.

maybe you mean building a house for rent in the village is a waste of funds

I mean n the city. like here a one bedroom flat goes for 280k to 300k
a 2 storey building can give you 12 flats single bedroom flats and that translate into 3.6m every year for an investment of let's say 40m

that's not bad... because you have a very secured investment that stands firm for let's say 100 years or a little lower.

I am not saying its an investment to give you her return on investment.

There are other businesses you can as well do and they comes with their risks etc.

But my theory is that house for rent is not a liability but a security for the raining day a sure security that could help in times of old age or retirement
Politics / Re: Court To DSS: Charge Emefiele To Court Within One Week Or Release Him by 004gist: 10:54am On Jul 13, 2023
emefele has been outdated only to replaced with a mechanical engineer...
Politics / Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by 004gist: 10:54am On Jul 13, 2023
bjdon:
I really do not like Tinubu

However I totally respect him as a political operative. The man is always thinking many steps ahead.

He knows APC is weak in the SS, so he's looking to solidify his position there. With Wike and Ibori on side, he will be in a very strong position in that region.

Others could learn a lot from him in strategic planning
o
a thief that was sentenced... as in convicted criminal.
and u want ur economy to grow n transform like UK, USA

Chai this country is finished

1 Like

Politics / Re: Senate Begins Probe Into Oil Subsidy Payments In Buhari’s Government by 004gist: 6:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
nothing will come out simple.
million of dollars was paid for oil that was never imported.
not only that people took tankers started taking the fuel outside...

no one person was caught.

You turn around to punish Nigerians

2 Likes

Education / Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by 004gist: 5:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
tatatar:
Why screaming... Isn't "Nigeria a useless country that does nothing for them"
So 60% of your school fees even after japa is still subsidized by your country sad
naira has been devalued its nw sold for 800 per dollar and 1030 per pounds.

You go feel am with time cos things will be %100 increased plus the fuel subsidy removal

1 Like

Education / Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by 004gist: 5:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Okayooo

Na who get money dey school abroad and no be by force
a typical Nigerian mentality. Once it does not concern u others should go n die
Education / Re: Naira Devaluation: Nigerian Students Face Tough Times In UK,Tuition Soars By 60% by 004gist: 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2023
sad
Education / Re: Udeh Chiamaka Victoria Graduates With First Class In Medicine In Russia by 004gist: 8:31am On Jul 12, 2023
JASONjnr:
Nigerian girl Amaka oh....😆😆😆

She's Nigerian and that's final....

grin not an IPOB grin

IGBO Amaka abeg

2 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG by 004gist: 8:10am On Jul 11, 2023
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Romance / Re: I Thought Church Marriage Is The Cheapest Marriage by 004gist: 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2023
jmoore:

Go to the court and register your marriage.
Court don't register marriage rather its local government registry and federal marriage registry via ministry of interior.

hence there is nothing like court marriage.
Career / Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by 004gist: 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
SSpeter:
I did not Japa, I have a business in Nigeria, you can have rent as a passive income, you can also use it to diversify your portfolio. Having rent as your major source of income definitely means that you will not play up there, you will only be average. What is 4m a year from an over 60m investment? If I hire you as an analyst/trader and you tell be that you will make me 4m from a 60m pot annually, you are fired!

we are not arguing about passive or side income or main income. even at that, 80% to even 90% of those building houses are either working 5 to 9 or running businesses where they get inflows to finance such capital project.

I have issues with that statement that building a house is a liability. do you know what the term liability means. let's not confuse our self please.

Finally I still maintain that having a house is necessary in fact is one of the basic need of man which falls under shelter.
Career / Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by 004gist: 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
SSpeter:
You are still not getting the point, Firstly I started my career in banking, switched to PWC, left there for P&G, and then Airtel before leaving Nigeria for consulting. I have my MBA in Finance and I have passed both the CFA level I &II, I am a chartered accountant (both ACA and ACCA). If you have 60million and your thought is to build a house and start getting rent...you are still not smart 😞
oh you have JAPA?
Why didn't you start a line of business in Nigeria while take the easy way out

1 Like

Career / Re: With My 450k Salary Am Not Still At Ease. by 004gist: 2:37pm On Jul 10, 2023
SSpeter:
I am a financial analyst, and as an authority in finance, I will tell you that building a house is the laziest form of Investment. With your 60million as at today, you will not be able to tasteful furnish 6 semi detached block of flats on a single storey building. That is excluding the cost of land. Now let me enlighten you again, getting your rent may also come with litigation because there Will be risk of default in rent. There are risks everywhere. But if someone gives you 60million today and your thought is to build a house with it to collect rent, then you are not smart. Rent is a passive income and the big boys in the real estate sector don't build to rent, you build to sell. Let me not bore you much have a nice day

I will like to see the book you have authored and also where did you school undecided
your teacher must have done a poor job by making you believe that owning a house is a liability.

if this is all you could put up there in defence that house is a liability then I will say I doubt if you studied any course related finance let alone being financial analyst.

investing in a house, lands remains one of the safest form of investment that appreciate over time.
we have seen stocks fail, we have seen businesses crumbled due to bad economic policies or upward or downward movement of an economics cycle (business cycle) but houses, land remain will remain strong in value and its even regarded as one of the first three factors of production in economics... if you ever taken any courses in economics.

most successful businesses you see today even banks are finance through debt financing.. even the dangote refinery.

that you get a 6% annual profit from an investment of 60m with 99.9% security is no bad thing...
for an example if you could own a house in a student dominated area like in owerri you could rent a self con with 200k to 250k and a 2 storey building can give you 24 rooms and you could walk home with 5 to 6m yearly.. excluding other minor fees like that could run into million.

As for the handling you get a sound law firm to handle everything for you.

I know youth of today are so lazy and want to make quick money.

there is a thread I opened up few weeks ago about a land I want to sell... its price is 7m but just two years ago I got it for less than 4m and there are many at my disposal like that.

Please don't look at things with a bet9ja reasoning... life is slow and steady else you crash out.

even there was a time i had this same reasoning of urs when I was awarded some millions by Goodluck Jonathan regime and use all funds into my business without following strict instructions to get a land first.

where is the business today.. it grew up and fail at some point...
in case you don't know.. about 60 to 70 percent of startup fails in Nigeria due to government poor policies...

business that easily thrive are those that have difficulty entry point.

there is a man in my street... he detailed me on how he went to China to buy machinery to print wedding cards of some sort. expensive machines worth millions and he started production to the point that he work day and night. that is he employed workers for day time and another for night shift just to meet demand.

then all of a Sudden some people went to China to meet this Chinese to get them the cards produced in China and import it directly to Nigeria and at the end it was cheaper to import from China than produced in Nigeria.

The business failed and he sold all the machines at give away price... I mean as scrap cos no one will buy it.

used the money to complete the house he started.

why do you think dangote use government means to ensure that competition, ban on importation of goods he produces are strictly banned?

the Nigeria you see ur self today is not easy to go into production. all my friends that got 10m in 2011 to open pure water factory are almost out of Business. any business that has competitors making profit is not really easy

2 Likes

Politics / Re: ‘GenCos Sell Cheap Power To Neighbouring Countries’ by 004gist: 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2023
while Nigerian business die because of lack of power to power factories.

for past weeks, at times months we don't see light. even the transforma in the area is overloaded. even the profit they make they won't come and maintain transforma or send transfer to places where there is overload.

The only time we expect or do expect transforma is during election period, and those street chairman of landlord association that took it upon themselves to tax everyone to buy new transform... collects this money and nothing is heard again

we import fuel to ease things for Nigerians , it is smuggled out for God knows what reason.

There is no patriotism anywhere. everybody on his own.

7 Likes

Properties / Re: Land For Sale At Naze Owerri (distress Sale) by 004gist: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2023
still available
Crime / Re: Missing Person From Enugu State by 004gist: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2023
charlesdinho:
missing person and you uploaded a picture of the 1970s

this is the only picture of him.

like i said he left home when he was young and temporary returned stayed for few days and disappeared into thin air.
Fashion / Re: Transgender, Rikkie Valerie Kollé, Crowned Miss Universe Netherlands 2023 by 004gist: 9:36am On Jul 10, 2023
Danisaint112:
The ladies on green, purple and black are all more beautiful than him.
yes they just want to pass a narrative.

don't mind them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.