Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,390 members, 7,836,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

004gist's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 004gist's Profile / 004gist's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (of 26 pages)

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 7:13pm On Jan 16
justwise:

You are just wasting your time trynig to justify fraudulent activities that lead to schools changing installement payment policy.

People like are making it difficult for Nigerians to get a visa.

All you wrote up there got nothing to do with the really impotant issue here.

You don't compare home students to foreign ones because they play with different set of rules.

I repeat oga go and sit down

Everymonth I have been paying 1200 pounds.. This month alone I paid almost 2k pounds.

I ask I continue like that which means by June I will be through with the payment but they want everything now and it's not possible.

I repeat go and sit donw

14 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 4:19pm On Jan 16
justwise:

The school is actually too nice to even give student payment plan after getting the visa claiming to have the full amount required to study in the UK.

Who is cheating who? You decided to buy bank statement and pay the interest just to get the visa, you came to the UK without that money you claimed to have, the school demanded for their money and you are here sending false alarm?

How many Nigerians can afford full tuition payment? Then don't start something you can not finish, where i came from there is a name they call someone who wants to have something he can not afford.

Mr man rest...
Come Nigeria to hustle one million in this APC economy.

How many people have full deposits even the UK student don't have the funds or pay once ..
With all numerous loans plus benefits from government .. They hardly proceed to higher institutions. The few that do, spread the payment over 20 to 30 years

In UK the school give them (UK citizen) discount paying less than we Nigerians ... They even spread their payments after they graduated and start working.

Common phone they give them payment plan to pay for 3 years. I was in the market, wanted to buy phon. The seller was asking me to collect and be paying 20 pounds per month to 36 months

What about house? They give them space to spread till 30 to 40 years.

It's no crime to spread the payment till the end of the course... Other schools are doing it and it's not a favour to me

I asked previous set they said they gave up to 9 installment last year making it easy for everyone.. That's why I chose the institution... so probably their projected revenue fell and they are tightening their belt.

16 Likes

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 2:21pm On Jan 16
tensazangetsu20:

People will still call you an enemy of progress and they will want to go and see for themselves.

Anybody that ignores the warnings. Will lata understand in a hard way

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 12:24pm On Jan 16
dejol88:

Thank you for stating the obvious fact!

I have consistently told people to apply a brief pause on the UK thing because chances of recouping your investment is becoming slimmer and slimmer. Jobs market aren’t what it used to be and schools too are no longer lenient.
If you must come to UK , be sure you can fund your education 100% without working 20hours. This is just the truth.

From the crazy exchange rate to form A being taken off and someone not being able to bring dependant to most importantly the job issue.
I have just few advice to add to those who must come..
Search for cheap school... 10k to 12k max don't exceed
This schools will ask you to pay 50 to 60% then the rest might be spread out. Please remember that schools are becoming non lenient so things might change on how much is to be spread out. So expect anything.

Search for courses which requires no exam to be taken so you have time to work.

Have some funds to do certification courses to land job quickly in places where certification places restrictions.

Don't expect to recoup your expenses... It might be during your post study work permit.

Have extra funds to take your through 4 months assuming no job comes this period (400 pounds rent per month, transportation fee, food etc and in addition first installment of your school fees)
Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 9:55am On Jan 16
Muzikluva:

Bro there are jobs and there are lots of agencies. One just has to keep searching until one gets the right one

I asked you a question..cos I see you are still search for job despite arriving Manchester two months back which affirms what the opp pointing out.

There is job but u are asking for list of agencies one knows off. Which means you have exhausted the ones you know of
We just hate the truth.

My advice is for anyone coming now to hold enough cash.. House rent for 4 months at least, foods for 4 months at least plus extra cash.
Those days of seeing jobs on arrival or just few weeks are over. Now it takes an average of 3 months upwards to land a job.

And finally don't equal yourself with those that have been here for let's say 2 years.. Those can see job faster than new arrivals cos they can show the employer past UK experience which is valuable in job market. An example is in care sector. If you don't have experience now... It takes Miracle to land a job as dormicilliary care assistant

We need to sound this loud so people don't come and be stranded.

7 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 5:09am On Jan 16
Muzikluva:

Oga, I am in the UK.
Have you seen the agencies in your job hunt job

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 7:18pm On Jan 15
Greenwisher:
Hello everyone

Is anyone going to Northumbria this January? Let’s link up
Anyone with a group link should help with it biko
Northumbria is now a terror.. Blocking students account. Giving strict payment conditions. Like now all where given 3 months to cough out the remaining 50%.
After just paying 4000 in addition to 4500 paid fronm Nigeria
Religion / Re: T.B Joshua Saga: Wiseman Daniel Speaks About How Trouble Started In Synagogue by 004gist: 5:35pm On Jan 15
Who give them wise men

11 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by 004gist: 12:09am On Jan 15
Muzikluva:

So how does this translate to 70-80%?? Lool. If you carried out a survey, show us the data. If not, keep your opinions to yourself. This is simply hasty generalization

Are you in UK? Maybe he is in UK and from his comment he is and he is giving us the update there. The same way you are expressing your opening is same way he is expressing his. Freedom of speech
Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 10:41pm On Jan 14
studyless123:

Don't mind those guys. Just talking because talk is cheap. How many Nigerians can afford full tuition payment? Even UK nationals turn to student loans to finance their cheap tuition. The school shifted the goal post because they were broke. They should have allowed you guys to remain on the payment plan and implement the new plan from the next session. Don't be discourage, just re-strategize and hold fast. I wish you the very best.

I wanted to ask same question but I had to stop.
Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 4:18pm On Jan 14
Raalsalghul:

It's simple: stop falling for the "low deposit" trap.

If your total tuition fee is £14000 and the school says bring £1000 for CAS issuance, common sense dictates that you find out the payment terms and conditions for the remainder £13000. grin

People abuse U.K a lot but more often than not, it's their fault.

Only people I would advise to go to U.K now are single people with full school fees and 3 - 6 months rent. grin

Anything else na suffer oh. grin
I did research and asked people going or scholing there. They confirmed they spread payment based on negotiations.
But the school said they stop that this year.
It seems their projected revenue fell due to ban on those bringing their spouse so they turn aggression on we.

10 Likes

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 11:59pm On Jan 13
TWoods:

They are not stranded, they simply failed to plan properly. Not the school's fault.

Explain let nd understand
Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 8:36pm On Jan 12
studyless123:

It's not funny at all. It seems the care agencies now have a new business with COS racketeering.
I believe so cos they are asking for rediculouse stuff
6 months experience, DBS etc okay let them train u they said no.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 2:25pm On Jan 12
Nbote:
Jspa to the UK through the school route is not worth it anymore with the freefall of the naira. Instead of school just spend the money on getting a CoS to go and work

Even COS. Someone with me now spent 20 million skills... No job nothing. Just stranded. Not received payment for the past 4 months.

He has applied for change of COS almost 5 million plus yet no show yet

Another trend I noticed in COS, in care... They just give them 20 hours shift or less and in months they won't see jobs..

Walahi Japa no easy.
Different story am seeing not hearing

16 Likes 1 Share

Travel / Re: Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 1:10pm On Jan 12
Kloenboi:
why are you spoiling someone's business

embarassed
I am there now.. Having spent 25 million from Nigeria the school ask me to return if I can't accept their plan.
I ask them to spread the plan to June or let me pay 1200 pounds per month they said no.

I ask why the sudden change, this is what they have been doing. They said not anymore
I am just telling Nigerians not to waste funds because not everyone can bare what I am passing through now

53 Likes 4 Shares

Travel / Stay Away From Northumbria University UK Unrealistic installment Payment Plan by 004gist: 12:16pm On Jan 12
If you are planning on schooling in UK and you come across or you have chosen northumbria university either for September intake or January intake please stay clear from the University.

They have now put in place a non realistic installment payment plan. Imagine the school asking students to pay 2500 per month in just 90 days and you have no voice or choice.

The only time you should proceed is only when you have this funds in your account but if you wish to work and pay your fees as usual please I beg you leave the school.

They block access to portal, that means you can't submit assignments, participate in lectures, take attendance etc.

I decided to voice out to follow Nigerians not to make this mistakes because many are now stranded after spending huge money

No matter what any agent will tell you please stay away unless you have all your school fees

Northumbria University payment plan Newcastle or London
Payment plan of northumbria school
Installment plan.

5 Likes

Politics / Re: PDP Initiates Reconciliatory Steps To Reclaim South-East by 004gist: 8:51am On Oct 17, 2023
angry
pdp that has always gotten block votes from south east but has refused to allow anyone credible from the region to contest for presidency.

always telling them that they are irrelevant in the scheme of Nigeria politics

33 Likes 4 Shares

Travel / Re: Container Crushes Abia Businessman To Death On His Way To Port Harcourt Airport by 004gist: 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2023
Bluffly:
Can you see our useless goverments. Why would a road be like that for long. Even the trailer saw that road knowing how his container is fastenened, shouldn't have used that road

Aba to PH federal road is a death trap that successive government has failed to reconstruct.

GEJ failed to do anything on that road.
Buhari tried all the way from enugu but stop in aba town.

only God knows if tinubu will do anything on the road.
Politics / Re: Is Bukola Saraki Senate The Best Senate President Nigeria Ever Had? by 004gist: 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2023
the guy no allow Buhari borrow.
immediately he left borrowing increased

86 Likes 5 Shares

Career / Re: How Much Are You Making As An Internet Content Creator? by 004gist: 5:15pm On Oct 13, 2023
OboOlora:
Let me answer on behalf of the skit makers like Sydney, Shank and co

They make about 500k per month from skits but over 5M/month from yahoo and laundering

is it through your account they launder the money?

sabinus should be making not less than 30k dollars per month or above.

check their youtube and Facebook videos views and estimate their revenue
Politics / Re: Return Of Train Services In Abia: Otti Holds Talks With NRC Officials by 004gist: 2:56am On Oct 13, 2023
niel63:
As Nigerians, will we die if we have people actually do the work they are voted for?
The way we normalised stupidity and criminality in this nation is just so appalling...
Weldone Mr. Governor. Godspeed!!!

i am in Europe now.. brother see it is by who can do the job... first are you legally permitted to work? are you trustworthy? do you have past experience?

no one talks about tribe, religion and where u from... this are the things Nigerians talt about and lead them to choose bad leaders who are not accountable to the people

28 Likes 3 Shares

Politics / Re: Return Of Train Services In Abia: Otti Holds Talks With NRC Officials by 004gist: 2:53am On Oct 13, 2023
yarimo:
Only for pictures and videos, Alex otti is a disgrace to good governernce. he can't do any meaningful projects in reality undecided

you people (machinery of APC) can't support anything good. you support HAMAS, support uzordinma of imo state, support tinubu with a forge certificate and questionable history, support Buhari with failed promise, support anti people's policy, support wickedness..

darkness can't support light

54 Likes 5 Shares

Politics / Re: Alex Otti Flags Off Port Harcourt-Aba Road Reconstruction (Photos) by 004gist: 2:48am On Oct 13, 2023
Chai...port harcourt road aba... finally.

this road has been problem for long...the orjis and kerosene man failed in aba and turn aba backward and i pray otti restored aba back to it glory

77 Likes 6 Shares

Politics / Re: Nigeria, Others Ask IMF, World Bank For Debt Relief by 004gist: 6:53am On Oct 12, 2023
grin
our debt to GDP ratio is the smallest in the world... we can still borrow, there is no problem.

after all America is indebted in trillions of dollars grin finance minister under Buhari..

see their life

worst is that 70% of this money end up in private pocket

5 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: Drop Second Term Ambition, Opposition Tells Uzodimma by 004gist: 5:22am On Oct 10, 2023
since this man took over imo state became a violent state.
Abia used to be at the forefront of Biafran agitation but every thing is calm in Abia and aba respectively.

but imo state... particularly orlu and neighbouring communities are now under siege.

3 Likes 1 Share

Foreign Affairs / Re: AU Blames Israeli-Palestinian Conflict On Denial Of Palestinian People’s Rights by 004gist: 6:19am On Oct 09, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Africa has spoken.

The hypocrisy of the west is unveiling before the eyes of the whole world. The question we should ask the west is that how many more live will go on both sides before they take the 2 state solicitation and stop Isreal from further occupation and building of new settlements?

All the deaths on both sides are avoidable.
Please stop the killings on both sides.
what about South East? the killings? is like you love Palestinian more than South East.. whom u are close to in skin colour, body features to the arab who sees u as not a qualified Muslim. the same way the North sees the yoruba as not qualified Muslim

we the Biafrans also want self determination to either stay in Nigeria or leave peacefully but that right has never been respected

what does AU has to say to Biafrans?

23 Likes 5 Shares

Family / Re: The Moment A Mother Pleaded With Her Quintuplets To Allow Her To Sleep by 004gist: 11:49am On Oct 08, 2023
Well done ma
Politics / Re: 47 Companies Bid For World Bank’s 1.25m Meters Worth $155m by 004gist: 1:25pm On Oct 06, 2023
IMASTEX:

grin grin Well, they can only scam some Nigerians not world bank. WB won't finance or loan Africa money that they aren't sure wouldn't be looted. The intention is to keep the countries indebted for continuous easy control. They don't expect productive use of the loan.
grin they know the loan will still end up in the white man's land... either in their bank or estate purchase. all in their economy.

While the poor Nigerians are left off paying interest on the loan

actually gaining in 3 ways.
Politics / Re: 47 Companies Bid For World Bank’s 1.25m Meters Worth $155m by 004gist: 8:34am On Oct 06, 2023
grin
meter weh them de take scam both Nigerians and wb since 1940

3 Likes

Politics / Re: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant For Diezani Madueke As Extradition Proceedings Begin by 004gist: 3:59am On Oct 03, 2023
grin
Politics / Re: Jim Obazee Uncovers Fresh N3trillion COVID Loans & Others Mismanaged By Emefiele by 004gist: 8:38am On Oct 02, 2023
grin

who was the president then?
when Jonathan left, you guys heaped all blames on him n never mentioned the CBN Governor then.

now you guys will never blamed Buhari on how he wrecked the economy brought all past gains down.

anything Emefeli did Buhari authorized it

12 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Inflation Was Lower When CBN Governors Were Economists by 004gist: 3:54pm On Sep 29, 2023
RepoMan007:
change career!

am not in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.