Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

0key's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 0key's Profile / 0key's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

Science/Technology / Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by 0key: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
This is awesome... pls do not stop at this project. There is always room for improvement. Keep it up!
Music/Radio / Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 by 0key: 5:35am On Dec 29, 2013
Subjective ranking is not a way to go b'cos taste of music varies from individual to individual. Popularity of songs can be measured using a number of criteria such as YouTube views, likes and dislikes, number of times songs are downloaded from popular music websites, the demand of the artists for concerts, amount of money generated from d sales of songs etc.

In my own opinion,considering d criteria above, personally by p square tops the list followed by Ada Ada by Mr flavor. Then Limpopo, Emindo, Ghost mode,Ukwu by timaya, emi ni baller, caro,skelewu...and so on.
Music/Radio / Re: Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs For The Year 2013 by 0key: 5:13am On Dec 26, 2013
Ada Ada by Flavour should be high up in ur list. The song that made the most impact is Personally by P square with YouTube views of over 10million views and over 41,000 likes. It's also the most downloaded.
WizKid's jaiye jaiye is a big tune and hit, and is far better than skelewu.
Politics / Re: The Politcal Transformation Of Afam4eva Yesterday And Today In His Own Words. by 0key: 11:56pm On Dec 24, 2013
Change remains d only constant thing in dis life. Human behavior changes with time n prevailing circumstances. Having written that, assessment of a person is done based on what he is at d moment n his previous character but never on what he'll be in future.

My point is Amaechi of 'yesterday' is different from Amaechi of 'today'. So one's opinion about Amaechi yesterday might not be the same today. To analyse n understand one's thought process, always consider the prevailing situation.

Afam, feel free to air ur opinion, not minding whose os is gored. It's ur fundamental right.

Cheers

1 Like

Politics / Re: Rate/describe Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo by 0key: 6:07am On Dec 23, 2013
8/10. very mature and honest reply. The letter is very lengthy but makes an interesting read.

12 Likes

Politics / Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 0key: 11:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
pacido: Lol... This is the "killer" punch

"Recalling how the PDP lost in states where we were very strong in 2003 and 2007 such as Edo, Ondo, Imo, Bauchi, Anambra, and Borno, longstanding members of our great party with good memory will also consider the charge of anti-party activities you made against me as misdirected and hugely hypocritical. It certainly was not Goodluck Jonathan’s “personal ambition or selfish interest” that caused the PDP to lose the governorship of Ogun State and all its senatorial seats in the last general elections." President Jonathan

Baseline: a failed president is a frustrated and dangerous element. Beware Nigerians!

good observation!!

1 Like

Politics / Re: President Goodluck Jonathan's Reply To Obasanjo's Letter by 0key: 11:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
A very robust reply by Mr President, which is hard to fault. I'm now waiting for OBJ to provide hard facts to back up some weighty allegations he made against Mr President or disprove some important points raised by GEJ.

Food of thought: Still water runs deep.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by 0key: 7:22am On Dec 22, 2013
omenka:

If I were the mods, I would ban for a couple of days anyone who says this on threads.

There is a thread dedicated to complaints and suggestions at the top of this board. Go there and make your suggestion and stop this irritating attitude already.

one of the signs of a frustrated n bitter soul...finding faults where there are none

5 Likes

Travel / Re: Jigawa State Airport - Nigeria's Newest Airport U/C(pictures) by 0key: 7:00am On Dec 22, 2013
Front page pls.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Impeachment Looms For Gej by 0key: 6:53am On Dec 22, 2013
don33310: which duties has he been performing?

what a childish question. I'm not surprised
Politics / Re: Impeachment Looms For Gej by 0key: 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
what's the basis for impeachment? This is another ploy by these selfish politicians to distract our President from performing his duty

Well, their scheme is going to boomerang at them.

2 Likes

Music/Radio / Re: CHOAMVA 2013 Winners by 0key: 1:40pm On Dec 04, 2013
Congrats to P square, Wizkid n Banky W
Music/Radio / CHOAMVA 2013 Winners by 0key: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2013
#CHOAMVA Winners
Saturday, 30 November: The fans have spoken
and rewarded a stunning spread of African artists
with the ultimate honour: a Channel O Africa
Music Video Award.

The winners of the 10th Annual Channel O Africa
Music Video Awards were announced at a
ceremony that was broadcast LIVE on Channel O
from Walter Sisulu Square, in Kliptown Soweto.
Except for the Special Recognition Award, which
went to Nigerian R&B duo P-Square, winners were
chosen by music fans around the continent, who
voted over more than two months via sms, web
and WAP.

Featuring the who’s who of African entertainment
and enough red carpet glamour to sweep in the
holiday season with style, the longest running and
most high-profile awards event on the continent
made a convincing case for African music being
the new frontier.

This was confirmed with an array of world-class
performances from Africa’s most gifted including
Cassper Nyovest featuring Okmalumkooklat,
Burna Boy, The Soil, Khuli Chana, Victoria Kimani,
Buffalo Souljah, Wizkid, Aka featuring Da L.E.S.,
KCee, Lizha James, and Mafikizolo.
Proving why they are at the top of their respective
games were hosts, Naeto C and AKA who kept the
energy high and the entertainment flowing on the
night.
AKA also walked home with the Channel O Africa
Music Video Award for Most Gifted Hip Hop Video
for “Jealousy” – one of the most hotly fought
genre categories on the night.
It wasn’t the only time that AKA was recognised
on a night filled with high emotion.
Botswana emcee Zeus was named winner of the
Most Gifted Male Video for “#DatsWasup”, which
features both AKA & Tumi. Zeus’ female
counterpart [Most Gifted Female Video] was Zonke
with the South African songstress being rewarded
for the video for her hit track “Feelings”.
Most Gifted Newcomer Video went to South
African hotshot Khaya Mthethwa for “Move” while
Most Gifted Duo/ Group/Featuring saw Zambian
Hip-Hop outfit Zone Fam walk away with the
trophy for their video “Contolola”.
The biggest category at the Channel O Africa
Music Video Awards is always the Most Gifted
Video of the Year which this year featured a
massive 12 nominees. In the end it was Wizkid
who triumphed with “Azonto”, marking yet another
big moment in the career of the Nigerian star.
The genre categories are always fiercely fought
and alongside AKA’s Hip-Hop win, South Africans
The Soil took home Most Gifted Afro-Pop Video for
the Zakwe-featuring “Inkomo”, Professor ft Oskido
& Character won Most Gifted Kwaito Video for
“Finger Prints” and Mafikizolo’s monster 2013 hit
“Khona” saw the long-standing duo named
winners of the Most Gifted Dance Video. Most
Gifted R&B Video was won by Nigeria’s Banky W
for “Yes/No” while Kenya’s P Unit walked off with
the award for Most Gifted Ragga Dancehall Video
for their track with Collo “You Guy (Dat Dendai)”.
It wasn’t P Unit’s only win on the night: The
Kenyan outfit became the only double winner
when they picked up Most Gifted African East
Video, also for “You Guy (Dat Dendai)”. Special
Recognition winners, P Square also proved they
are still very much at the top of their considerable
game by taking home Most Gifted African West
Video for “Alingo”. Last year’s Special
Recognition winner, Oscar “Oskido” Mdlongwa
once again showed an incredible gift for keeping
his career fresh and hot when “Tsa Mandebele”
was named winner of the Most Gifted African
South Video.

If you missed the LIVE broadcast of this incredible
celebration of African music tune into Channel O
on:
Sunday, 1 December at 16:00
Monday, 2 December at 19:00.
Wednesday 4, December at 16:00
Follow us on twitter @ChannelOTV and
@ChannelOAfrica and the 2013 Channel O Africa
Music Video Awards official hashtag is
#CHOAMVA.

source:http://channelo.dstv.com/2013/12/choamva-winners/
Politics / Re: Welcome To Umuahia by 0key: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2013
very interesting thread. keep it up op n upload more pics
Politics / Re: Oduah: Groups Plan Nationwide Mass Protes by 0key: 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
The more these disguised bigots create unnecessary attention, d clearer their evil intension becomes and d stronger d decision to keep madam Odua as Minister.
These people are yet to tell us something else they are afraid of aside d purchase of bullet proof cars.
Crime / Re: Southwest, Kidnap Capital Of Nigeria by 0key: 11:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
To whom it may concern, kindly move this to d front page.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Stellah Oduah Purchased Two Oil Vessels For Patience Jonathan by 0key: 12:09am On Oct 19, 2013
ndu_chucks:

The OP asked a question and I gave him my honest answer. What is your disagreement with my assessment? Please give me your intelligent answer since you claim that my intelligence level is inconsequential. Educate me please.

The op started a topic and followed it up with a biased and disjointed post which has no meaningful support to d topic he raised, then you, in ur 'wisdom', found his inflammatory post worth giving attention to instead of dealing with d topic squarely. If I may ask what's ur rationale behind ur answer? Possibly, to quench d thirst of ur tribalistic soul. I pity u.
Politics / Re: Stellah Oduah Purchased Two Oil Vessels For Patience Jonathan by 0key: 11:28pm On Oct 18, 2013
ndu_chucks:

The answer is trivial. Given the marginalization of the Igbos in Nigeria since the end of the civil war, the neglect of ala igbo in terms of investing federal naira/dollars, placing federal infrastructure in alaigbo, and the relegation of Igbos into the third class citizanry of Nigeria; Igbos can never find anything wrong with an Igbo official who takes anything, money, goods, or whatever, from the feds; this is simply equivalent to taking a piece of what is theirs, in their minds.

So I am told.

Do I sympathize with them because they are not partakers in the spoils of the civil war? dat one go be question wey jam answer.

I knew u were a biased fellow but I never knew ur level of intelligence was very abysmal and inconsequential. How does ur post relate to d topic?

1 Like

Music/Radio / Re: Who Has Made Better Music Videos? P-square Or D'banj? by 0key: 5:53am On Oct 08, 2013
Psquare>>>>>D banj anytime, anywhere. Without sentiment, p square's music videos are very outstanding.
Music/Radio / Re: Your Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by 0key: 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2013
homesteady:

I never knew he was into music video directing!
He also directed the personally video with clearance peters!

U are right. He only directs p square's music videos.

1 Like

Music/Radio / Re: Your Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by 0key: 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
homesteady: ^^^
Is he their video director?? I don't think so!

He is. Who else is their director apart from Clarence p that co- directed A lingo with him.

2 Likes

Music/Radio / Re: Your Best Music Video Director In Nigeria? by 0key: 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2013
Jude okoye is d best. His works in Alingo, personally, chop my money, beautiful onyinye, e no easy, danger etc are unmatched by any director in Nigeria. That's why P square have the best music videos in Africa.

11 Likes

Music/Radio / Re: D’banj’s Album “d’kings Men” Reviewed On The New York Times by 0key: 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
it's definitely a paid review. Wishing him d best.

18 Likes

Education / Re: Economists Or Accountants, Which Ones Do Banks Need by 0key: 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
What are the roles of those who read banking and finance in banking sector? Pls, somebody should enlighten me cos I'm not in any of the business courses.
Music/Radio / Re: Nigeria's Most Overrated Musicians by 0key: 11:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
Olamide should b on the list. He's a noisemaker of d highest order.
Music/Radio / Re: P-Square's Personally Surpasses 3Million Youtube Views In 8 weeks by 0key: 2:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
OmoUSH:
C'mmon, which wide acceptance around the world? Which world? Okay...okay...Naija is the around the world you were referring to.

go and watch trace urban top ten hits, personally by p square has remained on the chart for complete six weeks. Why are u underating them?

1 Like

Music/Radio / Re: P-Square's Personally Surpasses 3Million Youtube Views In 8 weeks by 0key: 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
OmoUSH:
C'mmon, which wide acceptance around the world? Which world? Okay...okay...Naija is the around the world you were referring to.

double post
Health / Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by 0key: 11:50am On Aug 30, 2013
nuelle:

You just displayed your gross idiocy and imbecility. Who the hell employed you as a so-called ducktor or surgical technician? Is bone marrow aspiration a Test? Or vili sampling? Or lumbar puncture? After the puncture, and csf is collected; who analyses the csf? Medical Lab Scientists. To mention but a few.
In the world over, so called pathologists are not licensed to carry out Medical Laboratory Investigations; they just have basic knowledge of Med Lab. Their business is to study disease precesses of their patients, with the major aid of Med Lab reports released by the Med Lab Scientists so as to be able to treat their patients. Okey and all other ducktors/docs, plus the lay public, be informed. And let me quickly add that Med Lab Scientists are professional graduates of Medical Lab Science from Universities awarded with BMLS (Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science).they are assisted in the Lab by med lab technicians and med lab assistants who are trained in polythecnics and schools of health/technology.
The bitter pill Nigerian duck tors must swallow is that MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE & MEDICAL LAB SCIENTISTS have come to stay. The fact that the National House of Assembly recently empowered MLSCN, the MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE COUNCIL OF NIGERIA to Accredit & Inspect ALL private and government (public) Medical Laboratories in Nigeria is enough pointer that the profession of Medical Lab Scientists is advancing. See www.mlscn.gov.ng and or www.amlsn.org
Autoanalyzers are no alternatives or threats to Med Lab Scientists. Thesame Med Lab Scientists calibrate these autoanalyzers; run quality control on the said autoanalyzers and their reagents, and most times troubleshoot these analyzers because as a Med Lab Scientist, in 4th Year in University you are taught a course called "BioMedical Instrumentation".
Finally, YES! YES!! YES!! A Medical Lab Scientist can comfortably and more efficiently manage a hospital; for clarity - be the CMD; if the issue is redressed. Be informed also that the Medical Lab Scientist in his 5th year in University took a course on "Hospital Management" apart from "Laboratory Management" taught in 2nd year. Bottom line; for equity and fair play for all health professions and allied professions represented in the hospital, LET PROFESSIONAL HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATORS manage the hospitals in Nigeria as obtainable the world over and some sane health facilities in the country. This would curb the corrupt and nepotic trend of some health workers favoring only their professional colleagues in the team to head administrative offices in the hospital.
Okey,Princenonny, Osahon7 etc and others your colleagues with your shabby mentality not here, let me resound it that Medical Lab Science would continue to be an excrutiating pain in your arsses for as long as you continue to think you can provide comprehensive health services without members of JOHESU. www.amlsn.org

I can feel u are really in deep pain as u struggle to convince d world how relevant u are. People say an empty drum makes d most noise, and u have shown it. I pity u.

Back to business, the area of lab can b handled by anybody who develops interest without even passing through d 4 walls of the university cos the work is straight forward with d aid of machines and autoanalysers. If u are in doubt, go to some towns and rural areas to find out who operate thr lab business-the auxiliary nurses and secondary school leavers.

U also committed another fallacy. The lab machines and autoanalysers are designed,caliberated and constructed by medical,electrical and mechanical engineers and not by lab scientists. I just wonder how u came about that unintelligent conclusion in ur post. Well, that's d level of ur reasoning.

Furthermore, lab tests involve collection of samples, subjecting d samples to tests, documentation of results and interpretation of results. In ur little understanding, ur definition of lab tests is subjecting samples to tests( which are done by machines) & documentation then u excluded collection of samples and interpretation. Without lumbar puncture, there won't be CSF sample for analysis ( also done by machine). The procedure is done by doctor and not d lab technicians. The villi sampling is an invasive test for karyotyping which is done by doctors. There are numerous tests done by doctors which are beyond the reach of lab technicians.

On d issue of pathologists, they are way beyond ur doing simple tests as u do. Pathology is divided into 4: chemical pathology, histopathology, haematology and medical microbiology. They run and prepare samples for tests, analyse the results and use d results to understand d progression of diseases and co-treat patients with other consultants. They are consulted in all the areas of laboratory includinga autopsy, cytology, management of blood disorders( e.g leukaemia), etc. So they are comprehensive in d analysis of lab results.

My advise to ur colleagues is for them to stick to d much or little they know otherwise they will totally render themselves irrelevant .
Health / Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by 0key: 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2013
QEFRAN6:

Hahahahahaha!wow see display of ignorance in high order...pls better park well cos a doctor knws nothg(shikum) about medical laboratory...if they do,they won't be sending specimen for urgent culture and expect the result immediately after few minutes,they won't be requesting for antibiotics sensitivity were there was no growth after culturing a sample (simply because they belif the result of every sample they sent to the lab for culture should have antibiotic sensitivity were they can mak prescriptions)...and many more,pls let me not expose u guys here...Learn to talk on were u hav ideas abt and stop encroaching at other teritories cos ul be LOST.

I wanted to ignore ur post but I realised that u need serious help. The paucity of knowledge u exhibited in ur post is nothing to write home about. Try to broaden ur mind to avoid shame that comes with myopic,bitter and rigid mind.

I want u to know that there's nothing special about carrying out simple lab tests which can b done by Autoanalyser. In resourse-poor areas where there's shortage of health workers, auxiliary nurses are thought to perform those tests with no hassles and they performe the job as efficient as d lab scientists/ technicians.

To make it simple, what tests do u do that make u people to b clamouring for equal pay with doctors? PCV, blood grp, m/c/s, urinalysis, fbc, widal,FBS,RVS, get blood donor, and to an extent hormonal assay,RFT,LFT,TFT. All d mentioned tests are all done by machines. Ur duty is to COLLECT samples and put them in the machines to analyse them. There's nothing like chemical titrations u do to get results except blood grouping n xmatching, widal tests and few others. Advanced tests are done by consultant pathologist (e.g bone marrow aspirations, lumbar puncture, amniocentesis, chorionic villi sampling, histology and many more). U are not allowed to carry out these tests done by doctors. So why are u bragging? Respect others so that u will b respected.

1 Like

Health / Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by 0key: 6:54am On Aug 29, 2013
Dr young:
You are so wrong, majority of the state have given them autonomy. This is a fact stop living in denial, at least you believe that they exist.
The non-doctors performing minor surgery is also giving me sleepless night but it is happening in UK. I face reality not sentiments.

What do u consider as minor surgeries? I want to get u clearly.
Health / Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by 0key: 7:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
Joanna Sedley:
No we are not a team with your analysis. Open any nursing textbook to know what they actually do. Imagine using mgt plans proposed by another person that means you alone don't actually practise medicine but the the nurses too practice the sacred profession with you. Nursing incorporate medical mgt in the plan of nursing care. The same way doctors incorporate Lab results, xrays,etc in diagnosis.
Nurses focus on human response to disease condition while doctors focus on the disease process.
Nurses develops nursing care plan that emphasizes on focusing on wholistic and individualised pattern of human behaviour that can affect the recovery process.
People comment on how nurses treat, care for them when they travel out, you often wonder why. The why is because you don't have this type of rivalry here everybody has an opportunity to reach the zenith of their profession without any hitch. There, they are fighting for improved scope of practice and it seems they are getting it.
@@doctors, just hold on firmly on surgery cos thinking otherwise is living in denial. Every branch of medicine has a nurse specialising in it, next it will be improve scope of practice,-next prescribing power; this is happening now in US; UK now has non-doctors that performs minor surgery. I am not exaggerating, doctors should just beware: that people can't do what you do no longer applies here.
Midwives are being train by UK surgeons to perform CS in mozambique, if the spate of our maternal and infant mortality doesn't reduce with the Midwives service Scheme, what made you think politicians won't request for such ie incorporation of CS in their curiculum in Nigeria.

So what u are implying is that nurses follow their own plan leaving out the medical plan given by d doctors just to prove to the world that they are independent, thereby endangering d lives of patients. I can really see why things fall apart.

Going by d history of healthcare, medicine started long before other arms of healthcare. Nursing actually started during world war( either d 1st or 2nd) when a group of women led by Florence Nightingale volunteered to help doctors to attend to wounded soldiers on d battle field. Before then, doctors used to see patients all alone which included carrying out tests and compounding of drugs. When d medical workload became more complex, d need for helping hands was inevitable,hence d birth of allied health professionals. They started as technicians trained by doctors and d rest is history. So, lab science, pharmacology were andd are still part of medicine. They were not borrowed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (of 6 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.