Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? (52727 Views)

‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures / London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Tbash1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
Beijing
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by SisiKill1: 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
LMFAO @ Some of the funniest tweets about the Ceremony,

"'Really? This is it?' -- China #openingceremony" --Thomas Towell (@thomastowell) on WitStream

"Instead of James Bond, I wished they'd picked Doctor Who, so he could take us all back in time before we started watching this. #Olympics" --Buck Singleton (@buck_singleton) on WitStream

"Look at the Queen's glorious frown during the anthem!" -- Andy Cohen (@BravoAndy

"When Twitter was invented, those who produce Olympic Opening Ceremonies must have uttered a collective "F*ck!"-- Seth Meyers (@Sethmeyers21)

"Watching London's opening ceremonies. Hard to believe my ancestors were conquered by theirs." -- Conan O'Brien (@ConanObrien)

"They thought it would be hilarious to have Mr. Bean do a bit about PRETENDING to be bored at the opening ceremony. Let that sink in." -- Guy Endore-Kaiser (@GuyEndoreKaiser) on WitStream
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by ArQueBusieR(m): 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
shymmex:

Another pseudo-educated mor.on..
Thank you. smiley
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by stagger: 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
Which one be Beijing vs London?

For me, Atlanta 96 was the best I have ever watched of all the opening ceremonies I have watched from Los Angeles 84 which was hosted on NTA by Fabio 'Lanipekun till date. I know there are some others here who watched Montreal 76 and Moscow 80. So let us make a good comparison as far back as we can.

For me yesterday's ceremony had nothing spectacular and I was highly disappointed.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Dhelake: 4:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
Most of d pple sayin d london olympics was betta didnt watch d beijing opening ceremony
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by cocoduck: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Boyle. . .God love 'em, was trying to do too much!!! undecided

On the other hand, I can't blame him too much. . .you gotta have something to work with and I believe if anything, the opening ceremony last night showed us that The Brits don't have a culture.

A lot of people are just responding to the familiar. . .Mr. Bean, Bond and The Queen. Take those 3 elements away and what do you have. . .NONSENSE!!

those are what made it stand out the chinese did thirs to show they have arrived we all know the brits have arrived and what is your culture
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
Off topic:

A Nigerian boxer just got his arse whooped and nose bloodied by an Irish guy.. sad
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Dhelake: 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
stagger: Which one be Beijing vs London?

For me, Atlanta 96 was the best I have ever watched of all the opening ceremonies I have watched from Los Angeles 84 which was hosted on NTA by Fabio 'Lanipekun till date. I know there are some others here who watched Montreal 76 and Moscow 80. So let us make a good comparison as far back as we can.

For me yesterday's ceremony had nothing spectacular and I was highly disappointed.
mocow 80? Montreal 76? .... Hw many pple here watched dose ones, i wasn't born then
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by SisiKill1: 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
cocoduck:

those are what made it stand out the chinese did thirs to show they have arrived we all know the brits have arrived and what is your culture

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Dhelake: 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2012
With Sisi_Kill posting d pictures last 9te, i tot she was enjoyin it
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by damilola15: 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2012
It's like comparing beans and rice, both are not even in the same class.

China:
Mechanical. Trying to be perfect (they even had to dismiss a like girl because she had a bad dentition. That didn't stop them from using her voice by having a supposedly fine girl lip-synch to it). Just like someone said, it was like watching a computer game. Too much fireworks.

London:
It encompassed london as we perceive it. Quirky nonchalant sense of humor. The "cosmopolitanness of it". They even dared to kiss (most opening shows don't go near that). The hell, it was essentric (we know the Brits are). It was more today. In summary it was touching (the "abide with me" part), it was funny (Mr Bean and the Queen, ever seen the royals making a cameo?), it was groovy (if you don't know at least 3 of the songs played, I don't know what to say) and well you sometimes wonder what some of it was about, but that's London.

I give it to London for not being conventional.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Ejine(m): 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
Dhelake: With Sisi_Kill posting d pictures last 9te, i tot she was enjoyin it

Nah! From her posts last night, I could tell she was already a second away from crashing. Like when she said Yahoo had stopped uploading. Yeeeeah right! grin Who no know say na excuse wey she wan use crash small (quick nap) grin
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
Na Obviously Beljing. . .more creativity and colour. London, eh, you know we've seen most of that in the Royal Events.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by damilola15: 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
I already know "Samba" and "Football" is coming in Rio.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by member10: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
If we are making comparison that far back, I say sydney was nice athenes was awesome(home of olympics). But atlanta takes the ultimate cake not for anything but because of how the torch or what is it called was lite, an archer fa(bow and arrow) not cross bow!! shocked shocked
I don't see how that can ever be out done!
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by crispgg: 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
I have to give it to Beijing...I was still waiting for the aha moment till the ceremonies ended yesterday. Slept off and even changed channels till when Naija marched past. Beijing was just electrifying.

That whole internet thingy between boy and girl was stupid, who suggested that anyway? The flame lighting was innovative, I liked that.

Just to prove that it wasnt all that, you'll notice that the British are not even trying to compare with Beijing.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Afam4eva(m): 4:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
shymmex: Off topic:

A Nigerian boxer just got his arse whooped and nose bloodied by an Irish guy.. sad
Lmao. What we're you expecting. We can't get any medal from boxing. We're only good at boxing when the even is hosted by Oshodi motor park.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by BABE3: 4:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
Beijing's is better.

London's was a big pile of mess. A failed attempt at "something new and original". I don't envy the people present at the event last night at all. There were too many things going on at the same time. So many silly refrences and weirdness jumbled up. Apart from the olympics rings formation, everything else was bland and tasteless.

The whole world was watching. The world needed to see a coordinated and goosebumps inducing ceremony. . .not Justin beiber's face and two teengers making out. It's the [b]f[/b]ucking olympics, not a broadway show.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by buzugee(m): 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
who cares. fork em all. we are on the verge of world war 3
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by JADYLETUS(m): 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]to my own focus beijing was the best not to be compared with londm or whatsoever...
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by coogar: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Boyle. . .God love 'em, was trying to do too much!!! undecided

On the other hand, I can't blame him too much. . .you gotta have something to work with and I believe if anything, the opening ceremony last night showed us that The Brits don't have a culture.

A lot of people are just responding to the familiar. . .Mr. Bean, Bond and The Queen. Take those 3 elements away and what do you have. . .NONSENSE!!

this is what i would expect an illiterate to say.....so you couldn't grasp the fact that danny boyle presented the history of england from the middle earth(the shire) to the industrial revolution way down to the 21st century in less than 3 hours?

i can understand why colour lovers preferred beijing---but to put down the history of an entire kingdom as rubbish is mind-boggling. If you didn't understand what boyle did, ask questions don't criticise!

and it's not like the country you come from can muster any effort - Nigerians and their criticisms make me laugh!
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
afam4eva:
Lmao. What we're you expecting. We can't get any medal from boxing. We're only good at boxing when the even is hosted by Oshodi motor park.

where in jupiter's cock is samuel peters the nigerian nightmare?
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
london opening ceremony was a total sham. the british, always making mouth and boasting, especially the ones on aljazerra sports+3. to be honest, nigeria would have giving the world a better opening ceremony than london. to say, the british, during the build up to SA 2010 football world cup, were saying that africa, south-africa was in-capable of hosting an event of that magnitude. any bother comparing this opening ceremony to beijin,china, should see his/her doctor immediately. the show was boring, dull, nauseating to say the list. this is the worst opening ceremony of the olympics (or any large sporting event) in 50 years. no doubt.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by solgee(m): 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
London all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyy...
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by member10: 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
كلورين: If we are making comparison that far back, I say sydney was nice athenes was awesome(home of olympics). But atlanta takes the ultimate cake not for anything but because of how the torch or what is it called was lite, an archer fa(bow and arrow) not cross bow!! shocked shocked
I don't see how that can ever be out done!
My bad! Meant barcelona 92
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by IyfeNamikaze(m): 4:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
coogar:

this is what i would expect an illiterate to say.....so you couldn't grasp the fact that danny boyle presented the history of england from the middle earth(the shire) to the industrial revolution way down to the 21st century in less than 3 hours? i can understand why colour lovers preferred beijing---but to put down the history of an entire kingdom as rubbish is mind-boggling. If you didn't understand what boyle did, ask questions don't criticise!

and it's not like the country you come from can muster any effort - Nigerians and their criticisms make me laugh!
boyle's brilliance ended when the towers where erected. Every other thing that follows was shit! They were just every where. No cordination, it was like watching a disco party.

1 Like

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by tinkinjo: 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
olasquare: the Brits av it....it was not only a spledour: it recorded one or two 1st' in d history of d olympics

Don't believe anyone in the world could say this.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
You guys need to be objective.. Yeah, the opening ceremony was decent, but Beijing was far better..

I don't even know why some Nigerians have so much utter disgusting hatred for everything Chinese, that it has beclouded their sense of objectivity smh..

But why do some of you hate China? Is it because of the subconscious indoctrination by the western media, or what?
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by coogar: 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
BABE!:
Beijing's is better.

London's was a big pile of mess. A failed attempt at "something new and original". I don't envy the people present at the event last night at all. There were too many things going on at the same time. So many silly refrences and weirdness jumbled up. Apart from the olympics rings formation, everything else was bland and tasteless.

The whole world was watching. The world needed to see a coordinated and goosebumps inducing ceremony. . .not Justin beiber's face and two teengers making out. It's the [b]f[/b]ucking olympics, not a broadway show.

another colour lover speaketh.......
that's the best opening ceremony I have seen. it was inventive, original and fresh. i was an utter curmudgeon just before the ceremony but what i saw put a smile on me face that the brits know how to tell a story! try imagining patience goodluck jump from an aircraft....
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by emmalezy(m): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
Hmmm i didn't watch any of them
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
afam4eva:

Lmaoooo...

Where are the medals going to come from? sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tammy Abraham Enjoys Life In Rome With Glamorous Girlfriend / Inside Real Madrid’s Luxury Jet With Beds, Showers And Over 2000 TV Channels / Samuel Chukwueze Arrives In Abia State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.