Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? (53032 Views)

‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures / London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by SamAfrik(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
The Chinese got this.
Well planned well executed. Super hi-tech, befittin d 21st century.
After waiting excitedly 4 last nite, couldnt help frm zzzzzzzzz durin d show.
2008 beat 2012 no doubt!

1 Like

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by excondido(m): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
the london opening ceremony was too harphazard for one to focus on the actual message. i cant imagine the dismay of the spectators because even on screen it didnt still convey much. i will give it to beinjing

1 Like

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
****Has to be said it went downhill after the athletes' procession, even the final handing of the flame, though a noble thought, was kind of a letdown for those expecting a great sporting hero, though perhaps it is in the spirit of the Games, if such a thing even exists in reality.

Arctic Monkeys singing Come Together off key was bad enough, but McCartney straining to hit the notes and missing a beat with the band was funny in a sad sort of way.

^^^^That sums it up.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by shuddyy: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
I just didn't enjoy London like I did Beijing.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by DrChatNuff: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
London opening was pretty boring.....Neva see nuttin so bad...seeeen
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by kael: 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2012
The person dat created this post should be flogged. There is no basis of comparison between London and Beijing. I watched Beijing and I literally found it difficult to breathe. While watching London I was like "what's next" the precision perfection and execution of Beijing cannot be compared to the gimmicky disoriented messy all over the place london opening. Besides their was too much fun and happy dancing the the london opening.. Joyful dancing is usually at the closing ceremony. London ceremony was too individualistic, too many close up shots
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
I will definitely give it to Beijing
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nwogbe: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
Give to belgium Olympics all the way

I mean Beijing
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by BabaEleko(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
[size=13pt]Beijing 2008 Olympic set a standard that every future country is not going to find it easy to beat!!![/size]
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by davida222(m): 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
what will saw in London, yestday wuz no chlds play. It wuz like a Time marchine of both d future and the past. So the show wuz the greatest ever in any olympic dat is yet to be stage, i wuz there live were U? And it will linger on in any childs memory 4 years to come. The world said so. Piss out

1 Like

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by izzo22: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mekky2010: I believe that every country hosting the Olympics always endeavors to out do its predecessor in a grandiose opening ceremony?

Do you think London succeeded in that quest?

Do you give it to the Brits or the Chinese?

London Olympics> https://www.nairaland.com/1002364/2012-olympics-opening-ceremony-pictures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9xPO1bWkhk

Beijing Olympics > https://www.nairaland.com/158462/beijing-2008-olympics-opening-ceremony/2#2633753

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcqZfQ1f3J0

the London Olympics was good value 4 money...i could relate wift it...Beijing was spectacular
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Ninilowo(m): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
shymmex: Some of you're are still stuck on London's nuts.. undecided undecided

Even the Queen had to take a nap 10mins into that boring show. grin

Beijing!! cool

Bless u. Too boring and slow.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by ANYPEN(m): 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
I give it to London. It was very educating telling the history of the Britt & civilization.

They were also very creative using special children (deaf & dumb) to sing very nice tunes.

Fire works were moderate & cool.

the United Kingdom has produced world superstars & they were nicely & creatively featured, that gave the icing on the cake.

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by kilimanjaro(m): 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
Though i didn't watch Beijin opening ceremony, but what i watch last night was highly entertaining!

3 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Maximus85(m): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
And I look and see...Triangles with eye(s) are surrounding the olympic stadium. And the logo of the olympic says ZION not 2012. If the 1 is not an I (eye) then why the dot in the middle of the logo? Na only God fit save us o!!!!!!!
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Ninilowo(m): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
Sisi_Kill: The London Opening Ceremony was a MESS!!!!
Whalahi.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
The CHINKOS have it. They had heavenly display of the callistenics and the dexterity put into their colourful display of splendour and rich heritage was owesome. The Brits had their plus especialy the incoporation of film stars into the show but overall the chinese delivery was clinical. The birdnest of a stadium is still a tourist attraction till date. Happy olympics!!
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Ninilowo(m): 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
shymmex:

Another pseudo-educated mor.on..
U ve summarised my comment. Thanks o jare.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nwogbe: 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
onila: obviously China! they spent hundreds of millions, millions of dollars while London just spent 40 million dollars!

London own was good but china one was the best!

lol
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
Beijing ofcourse, only people who didnt watch the Beijing show will say the other. Beijing all the way.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Copiousworld: 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
I was in Beijing during the 2008 Olympics and I give it to them. London was just too boring and their concept was confusing to the world. Typical replica of their culture. Beijing all the way, no comparison pls. They were superb.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Afam4eva(m): 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
Beijing still holds that title. But London tried sha.

I just hope the British don'tr start boasting that they've hosted the best olympics ever because that's what they're known for.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by fittty(m): 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
BEIJING... Competition?, I don't see any
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Ejine(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
c-baba:
LONDON...ARE YOU OU.TTA UR MIND(sorry am actually vexing for one guy like that,but whc kain q be dis?) U know c Mr Bean,Mr Bond and the conductor..Guy that movie would have overshot the charts...I was watching the whole 4 hours..MADD splendor....i hear the chinese guys r beefing
ps: and if u actually chose china,tell us y,dont just write,do tell y!

This post is what we call an embarrassing knee jerk reaction devoid of objectivity.
Biko, I'm guessing you didn't watch the Beijing ceremony, cuz it's currently rated as the most spectacular olympic opening event.

Suggest you come back in three months time (when the euphoria don finally fall off your eyes) and give us a more objective opinion.

I'm sure by then you'll know which is which.

Compared to Beijing, that London ceremony is a nursery school play.
Simple! cool
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Ninilowo(m): 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
Maximus85: And I look and see...Triangles with eye(s) are surrounding the olympic stadium. And the logo of the olympic says ZION not 2012. If the 1 is not an I (eye) then why the dot in the middle of the logo? Na only God fit save us o!!!!!!!
Illuminati niyen! whahala dey; but we no go see am.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by cocoduck: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
beijing was like playing a video game while london was going historical and mr bond the queen mary poppins harry potter the beatles etc they want to tell tell the world their history. the chinkos only wanted all to know that they have made it i dont even take anything from forbes serious
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by SisiKill1: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
Boyle. . .God love 'em, was trying to do too much!!! undecided

On the other hand, I can't blame him too much. . .you gotta have something to work with and I believe if anything, the opening ceremony last night showed us that The Brits don't have a culture.

A lot of people are just responding to the familiar. . .Mr. Bean, Bond and The Queen. Take those 3 elements away and what do you have. . .NONSENSE!!

1 Like

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by aybaba73yahoocouk(m): 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
It's only a critic,an overfed sleeper or an unstable mind that would be unable to comprehend the splendor of lastnite opening ceremony.infact,am still amazed n basking at the splendor of the event.i was glued to my tv set 4rm 7pm till 11.even the queen was involved in the entertainment.this is the best i ve ever seen n it cnt be compared to the one hosted by china despite the rediculous funds .
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by niggadee(m): 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
Naija peeps are very ungrateful
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Dhelake: 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
Since d world improves everyday ... I had expected yestanites ceremony to be betta dan d beijing own, buh afta all d british media hype ... Nothing to show except boredom ... Xo xo dissapointing
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by tonyx4x44(m): 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
shymmex: Beijing showcased Chinese culture and technology..

London showcased British history and boredom..

Now, which one was more natural

And what do you guys even know about British culture

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tyson Fury Defeats Deontay Wilder In Thrilling Fight With Five Knockdowns / Cristiano Ronaldo Eats On The Rug (Photo) / Chukwuebuka Enekwechi Washes His Only Jersey After Reaching The Olympic finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.