Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot (11964 Views)

PHOTOS: VP Osinbajo Commissions Nigeria Consular Building In South Africa / Nigeria's Consular General, New York In A Religious Bigotry Mess / ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by anuforoudo(f): 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2012
what they said you are is what you have openly accepted

RELIGIOUS BIGOT cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by gbadexy(m): 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
Well said. I am of the same opinion with the consular general. Its good of him to clarify issues.
His response makes sense and portrays someone with a liberal mind set.
I have opened a thread with a very similar message saying we were born into the tribe and religion we were in and that most religion preaches dogma and total faith, hence, we mostly remain in the religion we were born into and could have easily been born into either faith.
This response is very important and should shape our mind set to be liberal and face our warrant with our creator.
Much as Islam answers all my quest, had I been born a christian, it would be difficult for someone to convince me of changing religion and I could have been born an ibo or hausa too.
I think the moral of this my story is to judge people based on their character rather than tribe or religion. I have met good ibos and bad yorubas and vise versa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
maclatunji:

Awwwww, another adoring fan. Keep those compliments coming, keep 'em coming. #Blessyoursoul.

#Iknow #Inowell?. grin

Fan indeed. This islam is a curse on the mind and an afliction to humanity. The world be a better place if someone had slit Muhammad's throat when he was thirty years old and maclatunji would have been an enlightened person.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by olawalebabs(m): 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
oiseworld: grin

shut your crap boy. seems you dont know what it means to represent a country as the consular general. for your information Gej has been building almanjiry schools for your almajiri brothers and children, not minding religion. with public fund, and he even took pictures with them in their soo called almajiri school. that should be the position of the consula general in a situation like this.

i hope the federal govt notices this and put it into consideration when appointing CONSULAR GENERAAASSS.

You can't drag me to e-fight with you. Raise up your thinking level, then we can talk.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by stagger: 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2012
There are churches I personally would not step into under any circumstance. So what is the big deal?
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by jamil2(m): 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
Built2last: The only person to blame for all this sh.it happening is Lord Lugard and His girl friend for joining Light and darkness If not, this guy may have been Boko Haram ambassador to Afganistan. Has he Gone to see the families involved till now? Rubbish
Unfortunately the guy is representing you and Nigeria in general appointed by FG, how do you feel and why aren't you on that seat in order to avoid all these problems?
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
jerseyboy:

Fan indeed. This islam is a curse on the mind and an afliction to humanity. The world be a better place if someone had slit Muhammad's throat when he was thirty years old and maclatunji would have been an enlightened person.

Am sure you have some Muslims friends around you..or people that you interact with either in business or place of work...can you in all honesty say this in their presence.

We need to watch our utterances.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by taharqa: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
kingoflag:

Dude, youre so intolerant its unbelievable. People like you are who make me get out of character that I respond with insults on NL because of your illogical, aggressive and "me-is-all" way of doing things. Yes, I responded to a statement you made: BECAUSE THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM! Like, for real, get a grip. There are two sides to a story, the two sides match. Theres proof that he sent someone; both sides agree! Theres no proof that he stated he could never step into a Church because hes a Muslim, and no matter the amount of tantrums you display it will not validate the accusations against him. Short of bringing forth verbal/vocal evidence I take this as the typical Nigerian "exaggeration".

The Nigerian Consulate staff are callous, yes, I've witnessed them in action when I went to apply for a visa. But, you have to look at it from the point of: WHAT ARE THE DUTIES OF A CONSULAR OFFICER?

Now, stop sulking and start getting logical, youre too grown for these childish tantrums.

Geez....
So the insults are not part of yr character?....good to know
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
You guys should learn how to read and understand. He says he can't attend a church service but has attended different events(weddings, birthdays) that have taken place in a church.
Am really impressed with the way
you reason.I just hope others can remove that hatred they have for muslims before commenting.Am not suprised though,since they also do the same to their fellow christaings too.I read a thread yesterday about a guy seeking advice on changing his church from Winners chapel to Catholic.I was so amazed at the level of insult and unimaginable words directed at this guy and the Catholic church.If this can happen within christains,how much more btw. christains and muslims whom they have tagged as their sworn enemy.Anything the muslims do is deemed bad and evil.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by oiseworld: 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
guyluv: U AR AT IT NOW-ISLAMAPHOBIA. U never anwer weither any christian leader has ever attend prayer in a mosque and the issue of almajiris school is a different thing. U are just chasing shadow to disguise ur islamaphobia

do any of our christian leaders hold political positions?
Has any of them had any reason to enter a mosque?

Tell us how a christian service is not a christian event bro?
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
You guys should learn how to read and understand. He says he can't attend a church service but has attended different events(weddings, birthdays) that have taken place in a church.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by olawalebabs(m): 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2012
oiseworld:

do any of our christian leaders hold political positions?
Has any of them had any reason to enter a mosque? Do you wat allah to run from the mosque on sighting a pastor?

Tell us how a christian service is not a christian event bro?
stop exhibiting your ignorance online. You need brain upgrading.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by talk2xp: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
Well, the response so far on this trend is not strange but I will always say this "LET US STOP BEEN BIAS". Their is a word called designation and its worldly acceptable. If it is the other way round, the response would be "what is he going to do in the evil cor vine". Now he is been insulted for not attending the church service. We should stop this mentality or else we wont be any better than the BH guys who destroy violently and we destroy mentally which is even worse.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
ilugunboy:

Am sure you have some Muslims friends around you..or people that you interact with either in business or place of work...can you in all honesty say this in their presence.

That is the point. If their terror would not make me say it does not invalidate those statements. I would have no hesitation saying so about Jesus in front of Christians if I believe same to be true. Islam indeed inspires fear, abject terror, rather than love.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 15, 2012
ilugunboy:

That is the point. If their terror would not make me say it does not invalidate those statements. I would have no hesitation saying so about Jesus in front of Christians if I believe same to be true. Islam indeed inspires fear, abject terror, rather than love.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
manny4life:

Apparently you will come here to support your fellow partner in crime, what less do I expect from you?

EVERY POLITICAL LEADER MUST BE ABLE TO SET ASIDE RELIGION AND FOCUS ON THE PEOPLE. If he knows he can't attend church service, for crying out loud, QUIT YOU DAMN JOB.
MR GAY,i knew you will be here since its about a Muslim..Would you have attended any Islamic service if it were you?Your level of bigottery is alarming.Hypocrite.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by maclatunji: 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2012
jerseyboy:

If this ^ is the standard for "enlightenment", then I would rather remain "unenlightened".

Thank you.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by deols(f): 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2012
what I see as wrong is this condescending attitude. This letter is wrong in all ramifications.

You wouldn't attend church services or you would when they suit you?

I just don't like it when Religion is the excuse people give for their actions.

It would be more appropriate to hear of his fear of such a gathering or of his busy schedule or that attending funerals isn't part of his job.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by deols(f): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2012
and all of those hypocrites running mouth here and there.

Would you as a christian or a non Muslim have attended an Islamic event? Were some of you not displaying joy at the destruction of a mosque not long ago?
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by manny4life(m): 6:10pm On Aug 15, 2012
akthedream: MR GAY,i knew you will be here since its about a Muslim..Would you have attended any Islamic service if it were you?Your level of bigottery is alarming.Hypocrite.

Ok, when you're done, come ride my dyck bit.ch, dig that suckerrrrrrrrrrrrr tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2012
ilugunboy: Sometimes...some so called Christians sound more un-accommodating of the other religion they try to castigate.

BTW, am a Yoruba-Christian...

Yes. When order religion is choking lives outa them . Have u heard christians talk about any other religion negatively until their brother jn kilslam started killing innocent christians and muslim that stand in their way in d north?
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Moukafoam(f): 6:14pm On Aug 15, 2012
maclatunji:

It is not a matter of supporting anybody. Christians are fond of this "you must follow our way mentality" which is quite ridiculous. If it isn't in his schedule of duties to attend Church services, he has every right not to attend if he chooses not to and you should respect Ŧħåϯ. I would be more concerned if he did not reach-out to the bereaved family rather than whether or not he attended their religious function.

As much as you want to cry "Freedom" to associate with anybody. Those that seek not to associate with you should also be respected. The bolded is typical- why "Must" he set aside his beliefs if it doesn't affect his statutory functions? The writer of the article was mischievous and he has exposed the lack of tolerance of a lot of Christians as well. The man has the right not to attend if it isn't a part of his official duties.

This mallam is a or suppose Ť☺ be a daiplomat not ordinary citizen.

Try to understand that position and its meaning oga wink
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
taharqa: So the insults are not part of yr character?....good to know

For people like you it becomes part of my character.

You can fu*k off now!
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
guyluv: U AR AT IT NOW-ISLAMAPHOBIA. U never anwer weither any christian leader has ever attend prayer in a mosque and the issue of almajiris school is a different thing. U are just chasing shadow to disguise ur islamaphobia

Chai. Are we talking about christian leaders here or someone holding public position . Can u point a Christian leader holding public position in nigeria that refuse to enter mosque when there is need too? Nobody is asking muslim leader to enter church since its not mandatory
We asked someone that is representing nigeria not muslim. Simple as Abc
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by SamMilla1(m): 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2012
Seriously we Nigerians have comprehension problems. Our mindsets were seriously altered either by God or Allah or Satan himself..
As a Catholic, i find it difficult to attend and spend 10 minutes in any other Christian Church let alone Islam.
There is no law that requires the Consular General to attend Churches. I would do the same .
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Afam4eva(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2012
Sam Milla: Seriously we Nigerians have comprehension problems. Our mindsets were seriously altered either by God or Allah or Satan himself..
As a Catholic, i find it difficult to attend and spend 10 minutes in any other Christian Church let alone Islam.
There is no law that requires the Consular General to attend Churches. I would do the same .
So, is Catholicism a religion on it's own?
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
jerseyboy:

I agree totally
Imagine what north woulda look like without kislam abi islam

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
bigboy3: this guy is a clown....same way Facrook started with orisiri lies. What is the complexity about a church service or did anyone ask him to preach? Naija and drama....Funny thing, if na election period, the guy go enter church sharply.
How many christians would actually go inside a mosque?
Why do I need to go to church when I would not know how to sing?
And I cannot say Amin when they pray in the name of Jesus
I don't want to join in kneeling down before a human being
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by amaham(m): 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
The CG said he sent an igbo-catholic lieutenant for the event. I think it is left for the so called lieutenant to say why he has to come dressed so casual witout even entering the church. I see no reason why a christain consulate representative will act this way. If the man doesn't speak then the CG is hidin something
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 6:34pm On Aug 15, 2012
brownlord: How come this northen rams have so much develope the habit and they are now expert in lying? The most annoying thing is the more they lie, the more they expose them self, just like farock lawal
Nobody remembers to write that statements like these characterised conversations before the civil war
All I read are statements of one-sided violence, belicosity, intransigence against some saintly people
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by dvee2: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2012
No matter what you say,they will not make them view with open mind because HATE is already engraved in their minds. Once they hear Islam or Muslims the stereotype begins. He is a fanatics,Religious bigot,Boko haram etc. For some,they think when they castigate and demonise Islam,it makes their religion better.
Every Nigerian Muslim is now a Boko Haram,a Terrorist.In a country where about 50% are muslims,if every muslim is a terrorist,i wonder if you will be comfortabily typing behind your pC.
A South African last week called an Igbo man Boko Haram simply because he heared he is from Nigeria.Thats the same mistake we make when you call every Northerner a Boko Haram.
There are approximately over 50 million good practicing muslims in Nigeria,they will not use that as bases for judging muslims conduct,they will rather use the conduct of about less than 10 thousand Boko haram because its beneficial for their cause. Who is the fanatics here?
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
I wonder why Allah and God cannot just step into the ring and settle this matter once and for all .. abegii!!! angry angry angry grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reps Split Over State Flags, Coats Of Arms / Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community / 'We Support Buhari To Stay In Office, Not To Step Down': Kaduna Youths Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.