Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,282 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot (11966 Views)

PHOTOS: VP Osinbajo Commissions Nigeria Consular Building In South Africa / Nigeria's Consular General, New York In A Religious Bigotry Mess / ‘I Don’t Deserve To Be Called A Religious Bigot’ Says Aregbesola. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by deeplow: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
Many Christians on here, are Confused and unrepentant hypocrites. Must he attend a funeral? How many of u "grinding machines",if in that situation and office, would attend? He at least sent someone to represent him. I am sure if the deceased were yoruba, we wouldn't have had this much noise. Too much ethnicity and religious hatred goes on here. I expect that education would have made a few changes to the way some of us think, apparently, I was wrong. Grow and start thinking with ur heads under your feet.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
jerseyboy: Understanding The Mind of a Muslim

André Servier Historian lived in Algeria at the beginning of the 20th century

It is a misfortune to be born into this religionCULT.

Yet Christian live illegally in Muslim countries
The misfortune is to interact with Nigerian Christians
There is nothing preached in the Bible about love that they don't breach
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2012
Ranks007: PLEASE RESIGN. PERIOD

THAT OFFICE IS TOO DELICATE TO OCCUPY BY PEOPLE NARROW MINDED WITH RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS
Yes, assign all offices to Christians
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by oiseworld: 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
olawalebabs: stop exhibiting your ignorance online. You need brain upgrading.

carry on mr too know. You're the one to teach me about a religion i was born into,grew,played with and now fervent. Abi.

Tell your broda to resign, he is not fit to occupy that position. Don't think we christians are that wicked to accliam to him what he did not say.
We know the religion capable of dat.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2012
aribisala0: I just wonder whether we would be having the same outrage if an Igbo Christian refused to attend a service for Amadioha!!! grin

Did GEJ attend the Mosque service for his boss?

The key issue is whether he engaged with the bereaved and discharged his duties/functions to them. Some people choose Not to attend religious ceremonies of ANY kind. That is their right and CANNOT preclude them from public office.

He has presented his own side of the story and we have no choice but to believe him since it is the duty of the accuser to PROVE OTHERWISE.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by maasoap(m): 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2012
Built2last: The only person to blame for all this sh.it happening is Lord Lugard and His girl friend for joining Light and darkness If not, this guy may have been Boko Haram ambassador to Afganistan. Has he Gone to see the families involved till now? Rubbish
Visit them for what? Did they die while performing official duty for Nigeria or were they working in the consular office? Many Nigerians die in foreign countries, when did it become a must for the consular or high commissioners to pay them visit, attend their funerals (in person or represented) be it in the churches, mosques or non worship centres? Nigerians just like to be mixing things up.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
Understanding The Mind of a Muslim

André Servier Historian lived in Algeria at the beginning of the 20th century

The deadening influence of Islam is well demonstrated by the way in which the Musulman comports himself at different stages of his life. In his early childhood, when the religion has not as yet impregnated his brain, he shows a very lively intelligence and remarkably open mind, accessible to ideas of every kind; but, in proportion as he grows up, and as, through the system of his education, Islam lays hold of him and envelops him, his brain seems to shut up, his judgment to become atrophied, and his intelligence to be stricken by paralysis and irremediable degeneration

It is a misfortune to be born into this religionCULT.

BetaThings:

Yet Christian live illegally in Muslim countries
The misfortune is to interact with Nigerian Christians
There is nothing preached in the Bible about love that they don't breach

Complete version
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by maasoap(m): 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2012
oiseworld:

carry on mr too know. You're the one to teach me about a religion i was born into,grew,played with and now fervent. Abi.

Tell your broda to resign, he is not fit to occupy that position. Don't think we christians are that wicked to accliam to him what he did not say.

"We know the religion capable of dat." Terrible mindset.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by truth4meal(m): 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2012
virtuoso01: Something is obviously wrong with the head from which these statements are coming from.

How can you be representing a whole country and yet think like a kindergarten kid?

This is one of the worst excuse I have ever seen.
must he enter a mosque? Nigeria is a secular state; can you enter an Ogun shrine just because you are not a bigot? or you think it only christian and Muslim that secularism define? Abeg the pastor or whoever invited him should check what is wrong with is brain. must he enter a church?
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
manny4life:

LOL... futile attempts? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It's not me who defines them, by their words and action, YOU SHALL KNOW THEM. Nevertheless, IT WILL NOT CHANGE THE STATUS QUO about you nor you and your brotherhood stand for. #STOP #TERROR #NOW.
This is really silly
I actually thought you were a decent guy when you apologised the other day
Why don't you stop Rev King, Hutaree, LRA
Where were you when Hitler was despatching Jews to Hades in millions
Did you know that Bakassi is an issue caused by Christians?
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2012
manny4life: Isn't it better to be automated to learn the truth about a destructive religion than to be programmed by same religion that causes fear and mayhem?
Destructive?
Ok. Total
(1) the number of wars started by both Muslims and Chrsitians
(2) the number of people that have perished in the hands of muslims and christians
and let us know who will get the Gold medals
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
oiseworld:

soo whats the difference? don't they pray in Jesus name in a church service and a church event.
he was not asked to come down to the church, he was expected to show his notice,support and encouragement.

i can bet he saw this comming.
And he is under compulsion!
He cannot send a rep. No he must come in person, otherwise he must lose his job
Because of a funeral for deaths not caused by govt negligence
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
oiseworld: grin

shut your crap boy. .

Christian love and etiquette on display

seems you dont know what it means to represent a country as the consular general.

We don't. Please educate us on the schedule of duties from your decades-long experience

for your information Gej has been building almanjiry schools for your almajiri brothers and children, not minding religion. with public fund, and he even took pictures with them in their soo called almajiri school.

We thank God that he is spending public fund on the people instead of on himself

i hope the federal govt notices this and put it into consideration when appointing CONSULAR GENERAAASSS.

The CV should be
1. He must be a christian
2. Must attend private funeral of citizens in the church
3. And preferably from the South - can be ex-yahoo/yahoo guy
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by oiseworld: 7:15pm On Aug 15, 2012
maasoap:

correct me if am wrong.
BetaThings:

We don't. Please educate us on the schedule of duties from your decades-long experience

The CV should be
[quote author=maasoap]
"We know the religion capable of dat." Terrible mindset.[/quote
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by SamMilla1(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2012
afam4eva:
So, is Catholicism a religion on it's own?

I don't Get your question. Can you explain?
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by aryzgreat: 7:21pm On Aug 15, 2012
for which I told him that I received an invitation letter for the church service of Friday, 10th August, 2012. I told Mr. Onyeani that since it was a church service, I wouldn’t know what to do during the service as a Muslim. I have never attended a church service. However, I sent one of the most senior staff of the Consulate General, who incidentally, is an Igbo man and a Catholic, to represent me and the Consulate General.

I wish to point out, for the avoidance of doubt, that since my arrival in New York, I have had the pleasure of attending meetings, dedications, baptismal in churches not only in New York but in other states under the Jurisdiction of the Consulate General

please am i d only one confused by the two boldened political lies? i have NEVER attended a church service/ i have the pleasure of attending meetings, dedications, baptismal in churches?
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by amosy007: 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
BetaThings:
How many christians would actually go inside a mosque?
Why do I need to go to church when I would not know how to sing?
And I cannot say Amin when they pray in the name of Jesus
I don't want to join in kneeling down before a human being
no one is asking u or muslims leaders to go to church.. They only ask sum1 representing nigerians (both muslims and christians) to do sumting right...

Lets assume fashola is a christian, and one day boko haram decide to kill many muslims in a mosque in lagos and fashola decide not go their and sympathize with them because he is a christian.. And only send one imam that didnt even come to sympatize with them only came to deliver a message that fashola got the message they sent..
What will u say? Be honest o
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by oiseworld: 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
BetaThings:

We thank God that he is spending public fund on the people instead of on himself

The CV should be
3. And preferably from the South - can be ex-yahoo/yahoo guy

keep twisting and turning, allah is proud of you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by aryzgreat: 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2012
we are talking of common condolence msg to the bereaved, wot about the hospitalised? the bigot neither visited them nor sent a word across to then and he is their consular general, any difference btwn dis man's action and emir of madalla after the christmas bombing? even sanusi did d same thin until public outcry made him to remember madalla in his donation spree.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2012
jerseyboy:

Fan indeed. This islam is a curse on the mind and an afliction to humanity. The world be a better place if someone had slit Muhammad's throat when he was thirty years old and maclatunji would have been an enlightened person.

Without Islam
there would not have been kidnapping in the SE that cost an IGP his job
Hitler, as a leader of a Christian country, would not have killed 6million jews
Christian Europ would not have held a conference on how to partition and loot Africa
WWI and WWII would not have been fought
The Wars of Religion amongst Christians would not have been fought

Christians have caused more deaths than any other event or group
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by amosy007: 7:36pm On Aug 15, 2012
BetaThings:
Yes, assign all offices to Christians
christians should be assigned to christian dominated countries and muslims should be assigned to muslims dominated countries..
Yoruba should be assigned to yoruba dominated countries
while igbo should be assigned to igbo dominated countries
simple..
On a gud day dis habu of a man should be consul of one arab countries like syria or yemen.. How can an extremist like dis man be an ambasador to Usa without stories like this coming
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Beync(f): 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
I wouldn't know what to do during the service as a muslim, i have never attended a church service.

Also

I have had the pleasure of attending meetings, dedication, baptismal in churches not only in New York but in other states...bla bla

This consul of a man is eating thru his nose

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by SamMilla1(m): 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2012
aryzgreat:

please am i d only one confused by the two boldened political lies? i have NEVER attended a church service/ i have the pleasure of attending meetings, dedications, baptismal in churches?

Anuofia, dont you know the meaning of
Church Services and
Church events?

Bazaar is an event.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by manny4life(m): 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
Plea
BetaThings:
This is really silly
I actually thought you were a decent guy when you apologised the other day
Did you know that Bakassi is an issue caused by Christians?

Let me set you straight; I did not apologize for my stand, I only withdrew my comment because I made it public, however, and for the interest of peace. My insistence has been very clear, meaning I'm 100% standing by my words. So please, unless it's guilty conscience, what in that post clearly stated I hated Islam?

BTW, I'm a very decent man, but I hate bigotry for the most part when it deals with ethnicity and religion. No one is better than the other. What the Consul did was nothing but religious (fill in the blanks) grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 7:44pm On Aug 15, 2012
maasoap:

You don't know what you are talking about
Show me any fake Bible published by Muslims
Yet Christians publish fake Qur'an all the time
Their publishers have admitted this to The Economist of London
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by amosy007: 7:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
BetaThings:
This is really silly
I actually thought you were a decent guy when you apologised the other day[b]
Did you know that Bakassi is an issue caused by Christians?[/b]
so how many of them forcefully convert anybody to christianity the way prophet osama bin latrin (piss unto him)
prophet abu qada, usman dan fodio, alzawiyr, not forgetin prophet shekau and sokoto are forcing people into kilslam?

Opps i forgot prophet muhamed fought and won many wars to capture mecca (holy wars init?)

now am waiting 4 u to refer me back to d days of catholism. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
amosy007:
no one is asking u or muslims leaders to go to church.. They only ask sum1 representing nigerians (both muslims and christians) to do sumting right...

Lets assume fashola is a christian, and one day boko haram decide to kill many muslims in a mosque in lagos and fashola decide not go their and sympathize with them because he is a christian.. And only send one imam that didnt even come to sympatize with them only came to deliver a message that fashola got the message they sent..
We have become too sensitive to issues in this country
I would not expect Fashola to attend the service. He can enter the mosque. A christian governor can send a muslim for the prayer and then meet them in person at a gathering where he would not feel awkward. Just imagine how you would feel if you find yourself in a place of muslim prayer.
But you can meet the same people when they have finished their prayer and you would not be awkward

The day Wole Soyinka dies, if they are doing the funeral in shrine, I wonder if a Christian governor would attend it
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by amosy007: 7:54pm On Aug 15, 2012
manny4life:
Plea

Let me set you straight; I did not apologize for my stand, I only withdrew my comment because I made it public, however, and for the interest of peace. My insistence has been very clear, meaning I'm 100% standing by my words. So please, unless it's guilty conscience, what in that post clearly stated I hated Islam?

BTW, I'm a very decent man, but I hate bigotry for the most part when it deals with ethnicity and religion. No one is better than the other. What the Consul did was nothing but religious (fill in the blanks) grin grin grin
hmm we kinda have a lot in common. Buh i dnt hate muslims i just hate bigots and extremism and most of all hypocrisy
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2012
deeplow: Many Christians on here, are Confused and unrepentant hypocrites. Must he attend a funeral? How many of u "grinding machines",if in that situation and office, would attend? He at least sent someone to represent him. I am sure if the deceased were yoruba, we wouldn't have had this much noise. Too much ethnicity and religious hatred goes on here. I expect that education would have made a few changes to the way some of us think, apparently, I was wrong. Grow and start thinking with ur heads under your feet.

I WAS GOING 2 TALK BUT I GUESS U BEAT ME 2 IT. I COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by olawalebabs(m): 7:57pm On Aug 15, 2012
oiseworld:

I never claim to be mr too know, but it is clear that your IQ is no match for a quarter of mine. If Intelligent can be liqufied, yours will not be up to a drop in the ocean of mine. grin grin grin until you start thinking with your head, you will not grow.
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by BetaThings: 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2012
manny4life:
Plea

You don't need to apologise for anything - murder, bigotry etc. This is an online forum. Nobody can do anything to you
The decision to apologise depends on who you are as a person
You have not shown decency here, I daresay. Calling people terrorists is decent?
It is easy to call people bigots when we might actually be guilty of it

If the guy's story is incorrect, we can criticise him
The guy said
(1) He not comfortable attending church service - personally, I can understand that. You have to remove your cap, sometimes kneel down (a big deal for me)
(2) He sent a rep
What else do we expect. Jonathan does not attend muslim events in person
Re: Nigeria's Consular-General, New York, I Am Not A Religious Bigot by olawalebabs(m): 8:03pm On Aug 15, 2012
amosy007:

Does giving sympathy not different from services. Lets be realistic here. Did GEJ attends Yaradua burial? Somehings dont add up here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Appeal Court To Hear Suit Against Jonathan’s Sole Candidacy Oct. 20 / Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community / Soldiers Demand Allowance Before Maiduguri Posting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.