Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,159 members, 7,852,953 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:59 AM

General Australian Visa Enquiries - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Visa Enquiries (762006 Views)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
smile4davo: Hello good pple, let me start by saying u guys've been doing a gr8 job here. I started admission to visa application4rm info on dis page cos all questions r fully answered here. I didn't post any question cos I took time2read all d pages and got all d info I needed. God bless u guys4 finding time2 help other naija peeps.
I submitted my visa application on d 3rd of june did medicals 2wks la8 and didn't hear 4rm d embassy till yesterday friday when they sent d bank statement verification form and clarification of funds in my account statement that I submitted. D problem I'm having is dat orientation was last wk and ma visa's nt out I wrote2 d sch for extension they issued a letter approving 2wks extension dt I must resume on or b4 5th Aug.else they'l cancel d COE.I'm kinda confused here cos I rily doubt d visa can come out b4 then guys pls this is where I need advise plssssssss wht should I do ooooooo tnx peeps God bless
[color=#000099][/color]

CoE you paid to get? The worst is you and the school move the start date to Feb 2014.So they will get you another or something. This is why I want to apply in October or November for Feb 2014.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by smile4davo: 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
ferdimako:

CoE you paid to get? The worst is you and the school move the start date to Feb 2014.So they will get you another or something. This is why I want to apply in October or November for Feb 2014.
Yea broh I paid 1st sem fess to get d COE...
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
^^^
Just be patient as you can never tell what holds this coming week. Besides, the worst the school can do is to extend your start date till next year.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by A12345: 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
Americanvisa:

yes,if one can satisfy the university language requirement,i don't think embassy will be a problem in that case.

Thanks. Does the post study visa applies to Tafe graduates with a study duration of 18months.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
smile4davo:

Yea broh I paid 1st sem fess to get d COE...

If you sources of funds are in order and tally with what Embassy is expecting,you're good.If the visa decision is not quick to beat your school final deadline, know that is for this semester only. We will then enter together next Feb. So it took Embassy two weeks to authorize you for medicals? Where did u do that and cost?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by smile4davo: 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
RedReact: ^^^
Just be patient as you can never tell what holds this coming week. Besides, the worst the school can do is to extend your start date till next year.

Tnx broh. I'm@ peace cos I knw d best'l happen
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
A12345:

Thanks. Does the post study visa applies to Tafe graduates with a study duration of 18months. Ferdie u online, Pls. help out.
Should be 24 month.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by smile4davo: 8:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
ferdimako:

If you sources of funds are in order and tally with what Embassy is expecting,you're good.If the visa decision is not quick to beat your school final deadline, know that is for this semester only. We will then enter together next Feb. So it took Embassy two weeks to authorize you for medicals? Where did u do that and cost?

They r saying dt I shud explain origin of d funds in my acc. I've sent an explanation and attached evidence to them. I didn't wait for dem2 authorize me4 medicals oo I was running against time and since I was certain of d doc.I submitted I just did d medicals. I did it@ Dr. Fatayi clinic in marina and d xray@ st. Nocholas total cost's 63k. Have u submitted ur application?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by A12345: 8:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
RedReact:
Should be 24 month.
. Thanks, But most of the Diploma programmes are of 18months durations. How then does one apply for PR after the 18months programme without a post study work visa. Please kindly emlighten me.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2013
smile4davo:

They r saying dt I shud explain origin of d funds in my acc. I've sent an explanation and attached evidence to them. I didn't wait for dem2 authorize me4 medicals oo I was running against time and since I was certain of d doc.I submitted I just did d medicals. I did it@ Dr. Fatayi clinic in marina and d xray@ st. Nocholas total cost's 63k. Have u submitted ur application?

Okay.Are you sponsoring yourself? Which program and school? Thanks on the medicals. I was thinking without HAP id,there could be issues because I've done my medicals.I paid N46K at Zaklin Clinic Abuja.No I'm awaiting for my university to issue me official documents to lodge for visa.That will be in October or November---Transcript and Notification of result should do because I will get my award certificate in January after convocation.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
@ talk2salt
how are you doing? have you gotten accommodation yet?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
A12345: . Thanks, But most of the Diploma programmes are of 18months durations. How then does one apply for PR after the 18months programme without a post study work visa. Please kindly emlighten me.
You can do it in 2 ways; take certificate course for a year and then graduate to a diploma program, making it 24 months if not more than. Another one is do the diploma first and then graduate to advanced diploma.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:19pm On Jul 27, 2013
^^^^ they usually have more of 6 months courses,for instance certificate 6 months,diploma 6 months and advanced diploma another 6 months,toal 1.5 years.This is really difficult to get straight 2 years advanced diploma especially in the business related areas,this same thing is also bothering me.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
for those asking about the student visa English requirement
http://www.immi.gov.au/students/english-requirements.htm
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 9:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
mimi1147: for those asking about the student visa English requirement
http://www.immi.gov.au/students/english-requirements.htm

yes,i am aware of this but there is no specific score set aside for post graduate applicants by the embassy apart from tafe which they said 5.5 overall.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by RedReact: 9:46pm On Jul 27, 2013
A certificate course won't articulate to an advanced diploma, but a diploma program which can then articulate into an advanced diploma program. Thatt is the order of progression, hence my giving the above situation.
For the English language requirement, there should be no issue at all, as it is not for PR now. If the school can give admission with the English score, I don't think there will be visa denial at all.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2013
Americanvisa:

yes,i am aware of this but there is no specific score set aside for post graduate applicants by the embassy apart from tafe which they said 5.5 overall.

Take 6.0 for course-based and 6.5 for research-based majors.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 27, 2013
RedReact: A certificate course won't articulate to an advanced diploma, but a diploma program which can then articulate into an advanced diploma program. Thatt is the order of progression, hence my giving the above situation.
For the English language requirement, there should be no issue at all, as it is not for PR now. If the school can give admission with the English score, I don't think there will be visa denial at all.

I believe this. My admission offers(two)were granted without a question on English proficiency test score.Although I gave them my GRE,O'level and English waiver advice. But three schools demanded for TOEFL or IELTS;for IELTS it is 6.0 Overall and 6.0 all bands and TOEFL 80 Overall and 20 all bands.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by mimi1147(f): 9:56pm On Jul 27, 2013
guys pls read this ooo
I'm a bit confuse, is it that a diploma program no longer eligible for post graduate visa?
http://www.immi.gov.au/students/knight/faq-post-study-work-arrangements.htm
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by smile4davo: 10:39pm On Jul 27, 2013
ferdimako:

Okay.Are you sponsoring yourself? Which program and school? Thanks on the medicals. I was thinking without HAP id,there could be issues because I've done my medicals.I paid N46K at Zaklin Clinic Abuja.No I'm awaiting for my university to issue me official documents to lodge for visa.That will be in October or November---Transcript and Notification of result should do because I will get my award certificate in January after convocation.
Yea I'm my sponsor. Going4 a diploma prog in acu though I had masters admission in uws. Once u submit u can do medicals. Certified copies of ur transcript n result notification will do. Have u paid ur fees? They shud give u coe when u pay. Which sch and wht prog?
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 27, 2013
smile4davo:
Yea I'm my sponsor. Going4 a diploma prog in acu though I had masters admission in uws. Once u submit u can do medicals. Certified copies of ur transcript n result notification will do. Have u paid ur fees? They shud give u coe when u pay. Which sch and wht prog?

I should pay next month.It's Edith Cowan University,Perth WA.Am going for Ms,Computer Science.Haha,I've already done my Medicals.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 11:01pm On Jul 27, 2013
smile4davo:
Yea I'm my sponsor. Going4 a diploma prog in acu though I had masters admission in uws. Once u submit u can do medicals. Certified copies of ur transcript n result notification will do. Have u paid ur fees? They shud give u coe when u pay.
Which sch and wht prog?

Please did you state your academic(undergraduate) and employment details in the visa application form and provided the documents.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
Americanvisa:

Please did you state your academic(undergraduate) and employment details in the visa application form and provided the documents.

I think you should...they wanna know.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 11:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
ferdimako:

I think you should...they wanna know.

I taught as much because is not good for one to demote himself for PR purpose
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by A12345: 11:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
House pls. who has an idea on the duration of visa the Australian embassy can grant for an 18month tafe diploma prog. Pls. kindly help to enable me take a vital decision.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by smile4davo: 12:21am On Jul 28, 2013
Americanvisa:

Yep I did...bt I didn't use d company I currently work for. A friend owns a company dt does wht relate2 d prog I'm going for so dt's wht I used n his company provided all documentation including a letter2 d embassy
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 12:34am On Jul 28, 2013
smile4davo:
Yep I did...bt I didn't use d company I currently work for. A friend owns a company dt does wht relate2 d prog I'm going for so dt's wht I used n his company provided all documentation including a letter2 d embassy

ok,that is good, goodluck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 12:35am On Jul 28, 2013
A12345: House pls. who has an idea on the duration of visa that can be granted for an 18month tafe diploma prog.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by holahola78(f): 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2013
smile4davo:

Good one here. You said my mind. I read food tech. graduated 2008 but working independently. I'm planning to use a family friend's clinic to provide all documentation and references(work experience). I'm applying for tafe nursing. Please what documents do I need for work experience.( I'm financially capable.)
I'm not sure my question is well explained.

Won't it boomerang? Lol.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by smile4davo: 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
holahola78:

Good one here. You said my mind. I read food tech. graduated 2008 but working independently. I'm planning to use a family friend's clinic to provide all documentation and references(work experience). I'm applying for tafe nursing. Please what documents do I need for work experience.( I'm financially capable.)
I'm not sure my question is well explained.

Won't it boomerang? Lol.
In my case, I provided employment letter and a letter4rm d coy releasing me2 go and study to return and contiue working as a supervisor (na lie o who wan come back?)Lol.also d money in ur acc they need2 knw hw u got it.attach enof evidence. hope dis helps? Gd luck
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by Americanvisa: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2013
smile4davo:
In my case, I provided employment letter and a letter4rm d coy releasing me2 go and study to return and contiue working as a supervisor (na lie o who wan come back?)Lol.also d money in ur acc they need2 knw hw u got it.attach enof evidence. hope dis helps? Gd luck

Did you maintain the required amount you provided in the statement of account for at least 3 months.Some people submitted only statement of account and sponsorship letter only, so individual cases are different.
Re: General Australian Visa Enquiries by posdream(f): 11:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
smile4davo:

NAIJA i bow o shocked... great ideas for people who wants to follow that but sincerely, its so hard to see people like you (holahola78 and smile4dayo) opening up like this...infact i salute you both...ha ha, lipsrsealed i dont know nigerians could open up publicly like this, i mean in a forum and explain how e dey go. kudos kudos. i also pray it wont backfire. grin cool lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (401)

North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.