Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me (25746 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / My Boyfriend Is Amazing.. Look At This Chat Between Us / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Chigorkizz(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2012
@poster,i dnt knw weda dis had hapened 4 real or u jst composed dis 4 fun or 2 creat attractn.
Take my advice if dis is 4 real.I bliv ur boyfriend is faking evritin 2 knw if u truely luv him.he want 2 knw d depth of trust and endurance u have.he does those achaic tins only wen u're around him.Investigate him and find whether he does dsame tin wen he's wit others in ur absence.i dnt tink he'll leave his job and settle in d village.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by buskeske: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2012
Are you sure you were not like him before?
For you to endure his "archaic" behaviour for 3 good
Yrs, hhhhmmm (thinking aloud).
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Cleopatranwa(f): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2012
pDude: Oh boy, I can agree with the guy on one ground. Boiled yam with red palm oil sprinkled with dry pepper and onions is very sweet o. Try it. cheesy
nmmmmmmmmm!So delish! Bt wait! U 4got to add Ogiri to the oil!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by 2sexy(m): 10:42am On Sep 09, 2012
pweeryambre: We are in the 3rd year of our relationship. And i knew he grew up from the village and was trained by his grandmother(very old woman) although he has been displaying some annoying local champion attitude from the begining, i over looked it and thot that it would change with time, but recently its getting so annoying dat its begining to embarasse me u wont even believ he is a graduate.he is just 29.
He wil not take proper medication to cure his sickness. he wil go down to village to hav one native doctor beat out wat dey call pin from his body. Atimes ordinary malaria wil last a whole month in his body as a result. Always chewin garlik and all sorts of local herb which leaves his mouth smellin funny all d time.
Dosent beliv in romance anymore , our sex life has bcome so rigid, he just want to f**k without any form of 4play. Says romance is for d white man.
He prefers d company of very old piple or very small boys dat just left sec skul and says his mates dosent know wat dey r doing,,, dis is coming from sombody dat belives C ronaldo uses charm to play football
. He Dresses funny atimes. And his views on life generally is archaic.the other day we visited a married couple friends of ours and dey served us springles potatotoe snack and he just flong the thin away saying dat its food for pigeons dat dey shuld boil yam for him to eat wit red oil,which dey did. Althou we laughed at it. I was just embarassed. I dont even want to talk abt how he spent overr 950k buyin ordinary 2nd hand audi 80 car, just because he belives dat an old model car is better than new model. even though he complaind bitterly of bein broke.
now he says he wants to park and go and live in the village dat i shuld join him. I m thinking of dumping him cos dis is not wat i want in a man, but d only thin is dat he is too handsome.and he has a good heart.
i didn't even read this. Abeg... This some made up crap and see una take am serious. I don pass abeg.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 09, 2012
OP.... Plz i've bEen searching for nice guys like ur bobo...
I actually have a television to sell.. I'm sure he'd want Ȋ̝̊̅†.
Plz gimme his number.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by doniyke3(m): 11:43am On Sep 09, 2012
pweeryambre: We are in the 3rd year of our relationship. And i knew he grew up from the village and was trained by his grandmother(very old woman) although he has been displaying some annoying local champion attitude from the begining, i over looked it and thot that it would change with time, but recently its getting so annoying dat its begining to embarasse me u wont even believ he is a graduate.he is just 29.
He wil not take proper medication to cure his sickness. he wil go down to village to hav one native doctor beat out wat dey call pin from his body. Atimes ordinary malaria wil last a whole month in his body as a result. Always chewin garlik and all sorts of local herb which leaves his mouth smellin funny all d time.
Dosent beliv in romance anymore , our sex life has bcome so rigid, he just want to f**k without any form of 4play. Says romance is for d white man.
He prefers d company of very old piple or very small boys dat just left sec skul and says his mates dosent know wat dey r doing,,, dis is coming from sombody dat belives C ronaldo uses charm to play football
. He Dresses funny atimes. And his views on life generally is archaic.the other day we visited a married couple friends of ours and dey served us springles potatotoe snack and he just flong the thin away saying dat its food for pigeons dat dey shuld boil yam for him to eat wit red oil,which dey did. Althou we laughed at it. I was just embarassed. I dont even want to talk abt how he spent overr 950k buyin ordinary 2nd hand audi 80 car, just because he belives dat an old model car is better than new model. even though he complaind bitterly of bein broke.
now he says he wants to park and go and live in the village dat i shuld join him. I m thinking of dumping him cos dis is not wat i want in a man, but d only thin is dat he is too handsome.and he has a good heart.
Very funny story. From the look of tins. The guy has no regret about his actions. But y parking to the village in the first place. Has he lost his job. U better talk sense into his skull or dump him cos you will not eat handsome in the village undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Ngutor(m): 12:23pm On Sep 09, 2012
For all I know this could be a made up story but the responses so far, with a few exceptions, highlight the fundamental defect in our thought process, values and norms. That is why Nigeria dey the wahala wey e dey
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by mich2012: 1:01pm On Sep 09, 2012
G.star:
OP.... Plz i've bEen searching for nice guys like ur bobo...
I actually have a television to sell.. I'm sure he'd want Ȋ̝̊̅†.
Plz gimme his number.

You just added spice to the story grin grin
@OP, pls contact Nollywood producers fast, you've got a good script smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by MrLee(m): 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2012
Do these ur guy likes garri ? If yes than he is d Mr right 4 u.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by saintugo(m): 2:51pm On Sep 09, 2012
Hapi Sunday Y'all Nairalanders

@poster ma dear,I was abt to have lunch wen I decided to go tru ma favourite forum,and ma dear I could not help but laff at ur post,its true dis tins happen.

Well ma honest opinion,b4 settin out to love sumone up to d extent of wantin to marry d person,u as an individual shud and will always have ur standards and criterias to wantin to be wit someone or beta still marry d person,cos love is not enuff to marry or be wit someone likewise intimacy.

Ma dear,ma advice is end d relationship amicably and be friends,he is not wat u want in a man cos of d complains and observations u have put b4 us,leave him for his type,yea I say for his type because every man or woman has his or her type,der are so many gals lookin for his type.

*winks @poster I have all it takes to be ur man,I don't bleaf in swag but I have got class...
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pearlhapi(f): 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2012
Mr Lee: Do these ur guy likes garri ? If yes than he is d Mr right 4 u.
lmao@do these your guy likes garri?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by jarkata(m): 4:09pm On Sep 09, 2012
Hope ur guy never dey do d ff;
1.shit 4 body
2.snurring
3.bed wetting
4.cracking or noisy while drinking water
5.dipping d bread inside d tea
6.mixing d entire white rice n stew b4 eating
7.using d tip of d finger to remove meat hang frm d teat n eat
8.licking d plate with his tongue
9.cracking d bone n suck out d marrow
10.bitting d crown of d bottle n put it in2 d bottle of coke
11.vomiting out d phlem from d mouth or nose in public
IF UR GUY DIDN'T DO MORE DAN 3 OF D FF.DAT MEAN UR OWN BETTER GO AHEAD AND MARRY HIMHope ur guy never dey do d ff;
1.shit 4 body
2.snurring
3.bed wetting
IF UR GUY DIDN'T DO MORE DAN 3 OF D FF.DAT MEAN UR OWN BETTER GO AHEAD AND MARRY HIM
Hope ur guy never dey do d ff;
1.shit 4 body
2.snurring
3.bed wetting
IF UR GUY DIDN'T DO MORE DAN 3 OF D FF.DAT MEAN UR OWN BETTER GO AHEAD AND MARRY HIM
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 09, 2012
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Sike(m): 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2012
@OP Smth tells me he's using charm on U too.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by mecussey(m): 6:33pm On Sep 09, 2012
The guy is just 200yrs behind time
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Macrophage(m): 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2012
lmao. backward dude. dump his old school ass.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Dicta18: 8:50pm On Sep 09, 2012
@Op thank God he is not ur husband,just ur bf.It will not work,unless u want to frustrated.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Ernestybaba: 7:32am On Sep 10, 2012
shocked Dat guy is a graduate but not educated at all. He's not exposed and I guess ancentral influence is hoverin ova him. If all u said is true, pls start lookin for anoda guy. Wetin be handsomeness, u'll end up bin in d village and him bin a traditionalist, he'll gada oda women as wives. Una problem na wetin una eyes fit see, not d genuine tins of life. If u want handsome men, get ready to share dem wit oda gals like u who hav same desire.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by samkoro: 7:44am On Sep 10, 2012
bknight:

wit dat kinda guy if Op believed wat I said, then she'd believe their honeymoon will be in las vegas. she'd also believe she will deliver her children in a hospital and dat he wont name their first son 'ikporomodun' grin grin

Naming ur child ,haustrup,lasbery except christsian name amount to slavery and colonial mentality
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by samkoro: 8:18am On Sep 10, 2012
The main problem is neither about his food preference nor his parking to the village;reason being that we don't like the same food and one could be comfortable in the village on a good source of livelihood.Millions of people in the city are too poor to even stay alive.

The real problem lies in his entire view of life.As much as we desire to be sophisticated and polished with Burkingham palace ettiquettes(not American cos they don't care much,they are more real) we are still African and Naija for that matter.That guy seems to be on the lunatic fringe for believing that Ronaldo uses charm to play ball;unless he is being metaphorical.If charms works in football then world cup would remain permanent in India or Nigeria.

For someone to be paranoid,chronicaly superstitous to the point of risking his health you stand a great chance of living an unhappy life with him inasmuch as you are convinced that your world views are different.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by shizzle11(m): 8:20am On Sep 10, 2012
oluafolabi: Lmao!!!!! **I don die ooooo** heheheheheheheheheheh... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

**Back to topic.. Are you sure that your bf hasn't been jazzed??.. For real oo.. This symptoms he is exhibiting are the first steps.. The next one will be to leave his job and start farming in the village and you will be the faithful wife that will give him fresh palm wine when he is back smiley cheesy .

Heheheheheh.. I wish you patience and goodluck smiley ..cheers!!! wink

Now your last line got me laffing so so hard. So funny bt on point!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pearlhapi(f): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2012
Why am I d only person who Understand this guy and believe he wud be better if op works on him?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by sKy007: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2012
pearl~hapi:
Why am I d only person who Understand this guy and believe he wud be better if op works on him?
Na your kind dey get used by bad bois and u still cling around him hoping he will change.
Guys rarely change . What he has learnt for 25 years is what he is. Only God can change a person to use for his purpose as for a guy to change because of a woman . Forget it. He might pretend to get the punny . Once he get it and start showing true colors forget hoping for those days when he treated u like a queen.
Our Motto: Do everything to get the punny as fast as u can , then move on to the next. If she still hang around , use her as sexmate.
It is working for me

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by ITbomb(m): 11:45am On Sep 10, 2012
sKy007:
Na your kind dey get used by bad bois and u still cling around him hoping he will change.
Guys rarely change . What he has learnt for 25 years is what he is. Only God can change a person to use for his purpose as for a guy to change because of a woman . Forget it. He might pretend to get the punny . Once he get it and start showing true colors forget hoping for those days when he treated u like a queen.
Our Motto: Do everything to get the punny as fast as u can , then move on to the next. If she still hang around , use her as sexmate.
It is working for me
THAT WAS HARSH!
Father, thank you for making me a gentleman

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Melahou(m): 11:53am On Sep 10, 2012
am sure you are with him because he has money and he is generous towards you
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by beblessed(f): 1:44pm On Sep 10, 2012
Pearl hapi, u re nt d only one who feels there is hope. It is so annoying dat we are quick to judge a good man by his taste of food and medicine. Cant u all see the man is childlike by nature? Only africans are changing their culture just to look americanish. Asians have retained theirs but improved on western stlyes and look where it placed them. My cousin studying in india says most indians eat with their hands while sitting on the floor. Am sure most copycat Nigerians will not sit on the floor and eat a bowl of eba and soup. Let d girl decide wat she wants. She has dated him for three years. Some marriages have not even lasted this long.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by chinedumo(m): 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2012
What exactly are you going to use to change him? Have you considered that he might marry another two, three wives as tradition dictates
pearl~hapi:
God knows I don't mind•i love to see people change for good as a result of my counsel•i would soooooo change he's mindset and stick to him like forever
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by cesil92: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2012
Being with him that way for 3 years.. Girl you deserve a thumbs up, not every girl will do that.. I see some element of likeness/love in your heart for him...
I think it will be hard for him to change. Its either you live with him that way OR you run. The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Richiy(f): 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2012
virgin_vampire:
do u know YAM and OIL is IDOL FOOD.....
well, the idols know gud food cos it is damn sweet!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pearlhapi(f): 10:51pm On Sep 10, 2012
sKy007:
It is working for me
sobs*stay on ur own I take God beg u

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pearlhapi(f): 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2012
beblessed: Pearl hapi, u re nt d only one who feels there is hope. It is so annoying dat we are quick to judge a good man by his taste of food and medicine. Cant u all see the man is childlike by nature? Only africans are changing their culture just to look americanish. Asians have retained theirs but improved on western stlyes and look where it placed them. My cousin studying in india says most indians eat with their hands while sitting on the floor. Am sure most copycat Nigerians will not sit on the floor and eat a bowl of eba and soup. Let d girl decide wat she wants. She has dated him for three years. Some marriages have not even lasted this long.
God bless you my dear
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by peruxie: 3:33am On Sep 11, 2012
My dear no b by force 2 marry person.just cos he's handsome can't make u happy all ur life.and if u marry him thinkin u can change him,na ur coffin b dat.cos I can guarantee u can't change him.its obvious u aint compatible.move on sis

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thank God I Haven't Paid Her Exam Fees? / Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides / My Sister Always Fights With Her Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.