Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me (25742 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / My Boyfriend Is Amazing.. Look At This Chat Between Us / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by tpapi: 7:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
Na wa o,som girls don suffer 4 dis world
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pearlhapi(f): 7:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
Leobreezy: Dats ur biz. To me, someone who thinks romance is exclusively for d west, should marry a tree instead. P.S He ain't gon' change one bit.
ooohk I rest my case•
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Leobreezy(m): 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2012
pweeryambre: (1)he grew up from the village and was trained by his grandmother(very old woman) although he has been displaying some annoying local champion attitude from the begining,

(2)He wil not take proper medication to cure his sickness. he wil go down to village to hav one native doctor beat out wat dey call pin from his body.

(3)Always chewin garlik and all sorts of local herb which leaves his mouth smellin funny all d time.

(4)Dosent beliv in romance anymore , our sex life has bcome so rigid, he just want to f**k without any form of 4play. Says romance is for d white man.

(5)He prefers d company of very old piple or very small boys dat just left sec skul and says his mates dosent know wat dey r doing,,,

(6)the other day we visited a married couple friends of ours and dey served us springles potatotoe snack and he just flong the thin away saying dat its food for pigeons

(7)he says he wants to park and go and live in the village dat i shuld join him.
This guy will change?? You're kidding me!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Dubemkelly(m): 7:34pm On Sep 08, 2012
U r in a big mess....Tho in dis life,u can't get everything u want....Dunno where ur heart lies,u shud tell if u luv him da way or not
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by ChrisGnarly: 7:37pm On Sep 08, 2012
3 yrs in ur relationship? Y dd u stay so long bf u cry loud? Bt u can still make it, if u lv hm n he love u, then u hv a role to play, try n change hm u can do it, change is d only thing constant. Bt where is he from, ar u pple from same tribe?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by violent(m): 7:45pm On Sep 08, 2012
How's he holding on to past? Can't you see the OP alluded to the fact that the guy was raised by his grandmother - and his consciousness is more 'traditional' than 'modern'?? That aside, there are certain things that feel more natural to different races than others - we as Africans can always emulate 'Western/Europeans' but we will never be like them... Some things are just inborn, and no amount of imitation and copying can change it... A look at how foreign religions haven't worked in the Nigerian context should tell you all you need to know...

There's nothing bad in copying or 'modernizing' - but overdoing everything is just never going to work... There are certain things you just can't change... The best method is by balancing both.

Contemporary + Traditional = Prof. Wole Soyinka... Best of both worlds

Embracing culture is great!...It is golden, It gives you an identity, it shows you know your roots.

That said, one may argue that the principal reason for obtaining a formal education in the first place, is to see the world in ways that our great grandparents have been unable to see it...to evolve more intelligently, dispel historical myths, make new discoveries and yet still hold on firm to the identity and roots we share.

Some folks many years ago believed in killing twins, pooing in the bush, drinking from the river, and all sorts. It will be disappointing if there are people in this generation who still view the world around them in the same way. A man who believes Ronaldo plays football with charm certainly does. A man who will rather make sacrifices to the gods than go to hospital for medical care still does. Professor Wole Soyinka, King Sunny Ade and a host of others are people who have all evolved intelligently with time.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by ogogo24(m): 7:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
grin grin...this can't possibly be true...very funny!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pearlhapi(f): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2012
Leobreezy: This guy will change?? You're kidding me!
oya nau e don do•d guy could just be somewhere swallowing correct akpu while you are here gossiping him!amebor

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Austinio: 8:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
Ds ur story de 2 fake. Get urself a job
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Leobreezy(m): 8:02pm On Sep 08, 2012
pearl~hapi:
oya nau e don do•d guy could just be somewhere swallowing correct akpu while you are here gossiping him!amebor
lmao. He can drink g**ri sef!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by johnnyhandsom(m): 8:10pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx:

I can't believe the beautiful Beblessed with the big purple font wrote this.. shocked shocked shocked

Bless you, you're more exposed and intelligent than these indoctrinated lot.. kiss

can you listen to yourself?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by stpat1(m): 8:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
hahhahahahaha woooosh. ***falls from the bed****
Omo I too like the guy o, you want to deny him what he enjoys in the name of being civilised abi. Though buy a second hand Audi 80 for that price is sheer stupidity sha, but I don't see anything wrong in wanting to eat Yam instead of pringles, afterall you guys were with friends which should probably know him already.

There are things I am also not used to that my chick want to instill in me by all means. like

Wanting to get used to washing the dishes with liquid soap instead of the bar soap I'm used to. i'm used to my Canoe or key soap grin

Always adding dettol to my bathing water (who teach me this one) cheesy

Always asking me to wash my hands every now and then

Prefers I used the Vaccum cleaner instead of broom. (she no know say na effizy I buy am for) grin

Always complaining I walk too fast ( I was born and raised on the streets of Lagos, no time for sme sme) grin

there so much other stuffs she's always trying to imbibe in me that I just comply with to satisfy her, but left for me I was born a papi roro, na God just pity me. lol

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by johnnyhandsom(m): 8:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
Leobreezy: lmao. He can drink g**ri sef!

and you have never drank garri before?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pearlhapi(f): 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
Leobreezy: lmao. He can drink g**ri sef!
why are you scared of typing the word in full?fear fear btw you don't drink garri bah?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by johnnyhandsom(m): 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
the most annoying thing about this crap posted here is that some one else living with this girl might find some weirder stuff about her compared to what she is puking here.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pearlhapi(f): 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
stpat1: hahhahahahaha woooosh. ***falls from the bed****
Omo I too like the guy o, you want to deny him what he enjoys in the name of being civilised abi. Though buy a second hand Audi 80 for that price is sheer stupidity sha, but I don't see anything wrong in wanting to eat Yam instead of pringles, afterall you guys were with friends which should probably know him already.

There are things I am also not used to that my chick want to instill in me by all means. like

Wanting to get used to washing the dishes with liquid soap instead of the bar soap I'm used to. i'm used to my Canoe or key soap grin

Prefers I used the Vaccum cleaner instead of broom. (she no know say na effizy I buy am for) grin

Always complaining I walk too fast ( I was born and raised on the streets of Lagos, no time for sme sme) grin

there so much other stuffs she's always trying to imbibe in me that I just comply with to satisfy her, but left for me I was born a papi roro, na God just pity me. lol
my guy see as you just feel free no narrate yourself finish•i like u sha[no tym]
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pearlhapi(f): 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
stpat1: hahhahahahaha woooosh. ***falls from the bed****

my guy see as you just feel free no narrate yourself finish•i like u sha[no tym]
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by stpat1(m): 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
lol abi now, sometimes when she's not around and i do contrary to what she'd have expected me to do, I just laugh to myself and DO IT RIGHT. grin
We have to change for the better with times
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Leobreezy(m): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
johnny handsom:

and you have never drank garri before?
Go back and read what i quoted. Did i in anyway infer dat i don't drink garri?? You lack acumen.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Leobreezy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 08, 2012
pearl~hapi:
why are you scared of typing the word in full?fear fear btw you don't drink garri bah?
Since it has become a vulgar word 2 d moderators, i have 2 block it. Though i think Seun and co. are being puerile about d whole thing. But i drink garri sha, d taste is exceptionally euphoric with groundnut and milk.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Emmaesty(f): 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2012
Buahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhaahahhaahahahahahahahhaahahahahahhaahh...... Chai!!!!! I cannot laugh again oh!!!!
@op i'd love to meet him cos he's sooo funny
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by mrrock: 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2012
@post.
You probably think once you leave that guy you would land your ''American boy''. Let me tell you. If you leave the guy you would find it difficult to get another man half good. By the time you realize what you've done to yourself you would shout; ''had I known'' and you will blame satan for your bad luck.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by johnnyhandsom(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2012
Leobreezy: Go back and read what i quoted. Did i in anyway infer dat i don't drink garri?? You lack acumen.

acu.. oyibo supu
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx: About "he's so archaic" - like most of you are not medieval yourselves, with no identity smh... At least the guy has an identity and he's sticking to his "guns", what's your identity?? I guess, modern.. Bwahahahahahahaha... GTFOH with that bs!! Nigerians are so twisted! undecided

But dude, the Negro does not like pre-intimacy, he just wants to stick it to the babe.....common now....even traditionalists did fore play....maybe the guy should watch kamasutra or learn Kunyaza....
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Leobreezy(m): 8:56pm On Sep 08, 2012
mrrock: @post.
You probably think once you leave that guy you would land your ''American boy''. Let me tell you. If you leave the guy you would find it difficult to get another man half good. By the time you realize what you've done to yourself you would shout; ''had I known'' and you will blame satan for your bad luck.
Did she say she wants an "American Boy"? And what gives u d inklin that she won't find someone better? Why are some people so opprobrious??
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Duxe(f): 9:07pm On Sep 08, 2012
Hehehehehe!! Very funny story,this one!

@OP..1 thing i can not stand is the smell of garlic on someone's breath!! No way..not me! No matter your looks!
So, as far as i am concerned,if you could stomach a smelly mouth for that long-3yrs( n he probably uses chewing stick stead of brush/paste, n may not believe in mouth wash/sprays)..then you can, by all means continue!

I love yam and oil!
950k 4 audi? Nah
pack 2 d villa? Well..o.y.o!
Socialize with kids? Are u kidding?

My advice? If you love him..garlic n all, stay. If you dont, free yourself n the guy. Period.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by mrrock: 9:11pm On Sep 08, 2012
@leobreezy.
''American boy'' was used figuratively NOT literally. Don't quote anything I write if you have challenges with English.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Leobreezy(m): 9:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
mrrock: @leobreezy.
''American boy'' was used figuratively NOT literally. Don't quote anything I write if you have challenges with English.
Neither did i quote it literally. U can see the quote (" "wink symbol can't u? If d op's post perplexes u then don't comment, instead of being irrationally judgemental.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by occam(m): 9:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx: I don't understand Nigerians sometimes, the guy is just being himself - yet you're hating on him... How about if he fakes it and look stupid, like most Nigerians imitating western culture look to me, then you would label him a faker.

The guy is just a traditionalist and you also alluded to the fact that he was raised by his grandmother. Perhaps, that contributed to his traditional way of doing things, and there's nothing wrong with that - as along as he has a good heart... Having a good heart is the most important thing in a relationship, the other crap you posted is just secondary..

The word 'modern' is so overrated, modern means contemporary - and not everyone believes in 'groupthink', some might just opt for the traditional ways of doing things based on their temperament and upbringing... Nigerians need to rid themselves off this perverse thought process and accept people for who they're... undecided

Agree the guy can be what he wants but this is a stubborn man set in his own ways. He's not traditional but simply manipulative. He's using the traditional angle to have his way. Too rough at the edges to embrace other ways of doing things

It's bad manners to tell your host what you want to eat. If you don't like what was offered just say no. Yam and palm oil? Should a Yoruba man visit an ibo man and insist on eating amala and ewedu?

The OP had better let him go to his village and find his bride, He's the sort of guy that will tell the wife he can't baby sit or cook because tradition frowns at it.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
nwababy: This is super story
Funny u
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by virginvampire(m): 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
we vampire dont like garlic
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by sniperwolf(m): 9:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
Acidosis: grin grin grin Your man is a product of re-incarnation grin He is 92 claiming 29. Dump him fast. You won't wanna end your career in His village, would you?
Besides, it appears there is no love between you 2, ..but familiarity
NOW, Offence Number 2 grin
..for registering a new nairaland i.d grin It shows you've been on this platform b4 now.. grin
WORD!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mixed Couples And Racism On Both Sides / Thank God I Haven't Paid Her Exam Fees? / My Sister Always Fights With Her Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.