Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me (25736 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / My Boyfriend Is Amazing.. Look At This Chat Between Us / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by sigmundfreud(m): 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2012
Biggoozz: @ OP, this story is so funny I find it unbelievable.

HERE IS YOUR BEST ADVICE:

HAVE A DISCUSSION WITH THE GUY AND SHARE YOUR WORRIES ABOUT HOW YOU CONTRARY SEE A BETTER FUTURE IF HE LIVES CIVILIZED AND DEVELOPED.

1. IF HE SEES REASONS WITH YOU AND WANT YOU TO BECOME HIS "HELP MEET" TO REALIZING A BETTER LIFE, BE PATIENT, COACH HIM AND ENJOY WHAT HE TURNS OUT TO BE, (I HAVE SEEN THIS WORK!!!)

2. IF HE STICKS TO HIS GUN? THERE AND THEN THANK GOD FOR EVERY GOOD THING YOU LEARNED FROM THE RELATIONSHIP AND BREAK IT UP AND MOVE ON WITHOUT LOOKING BACK, ELSE WE WILL BE READING YOUR BOOK OF LAMENTATIONS SADLY EVER AFTER.

I WISH YOU BOTH WELL.
Well said biggie!
Just 29!!! BTW...ow did he scope u or u did the scoping?
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Sep 08, 2012
OP If he is so traditional how did he toast you? Did he just say "A furungi nnanya"

Do you go on dates or just play hide and seek in the farm?

Does he eat rice with spoon or prefers his bare hand.

Does he use fan and AC or prefers sitting under the tree to enjoy fresh air?

Does he have electricity or he uses lantern

Girls next time beware of guys whose names are AFAM4EVA, AGBABIAKA, or OKIJA JUJU cheesy cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by DExplorer1: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2012
afam4eva: I don't know what's wrong with some girls sef. You knew all these before you went ahead to marry him and now you're whining. STFU and live with it.
pweeryambre: We are in the 3rd year of our relationship
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2012
richeyy:

LWannaTMB This your guy na real "George of the jungle" grin grin grin
. As per that pin thing, I've heard of it. Orthodox medicine cannot to fit cure am,
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 08, 2012
Cock n bull story
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
Stay with him.

He has done nothing wrong. He is not to be blamed for how he was brought up. You are just being petty. There is nothing you perceive as a problem that he cannot overcome with a little encouragement from you.

That is all you need to do. . . Encourage him and quit being lazy. That is what a girlfriend should do. . .

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2012
yorke: Cock n bull story
Ya, I also think that OP is making this thing up.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Holyrule(m): 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2012
OMG i don laugh tire for here... Hahahaha. Chai!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by sexyglow(f): 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
This story isn't true joor.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Leobreezy(m): 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2012
People like this still exist?? And he's a graduate of what, Medieval studies?? Gosh!! My dear, forget about looks, dats balderdash. If u are not comfortable with his primitive lifestyle then RUN!! RUN FAST! This kind of human being will take u 2 a native doctor during child birth. Please o, don't judge this issue sentimentally, this guy is not fit to live with. Tell him to construct a time machine and go back to the stone age. Gosh, i'm still shocked.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Holyrule(m): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2012
sigmundfreud:
Well said biggie!
Just 29!!! BTW...ow did he scope u or u did the scoping?
the Handsomeness dis the "scoping" for him. Hehehehe
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Holyrule(m): 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2012
dayokanu: OP If he is so traditional how did he toast you? Did he just say "A furungi nnanya"

Girls next time beware of guys whose names are AFAM4EVA, AGBABIAKA, or OKIJA JUJU cheesy cheesy grin
hahahaha... this thread no go kill me oh. chai
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by danbosket26(m): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2012
For u 2b in dat relationship for 3yrs shows u re also a village girl.mk una dey go village.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Coldfeet(f): 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2012
dayokanu: OP If he is so traditional how did he toast you? Did he just say "Mo ni ife re"

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by rill: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2012
Buhahahahahahahahhaha....OMG!!! Laf don make me pour g**ri for ma bb porschegrin . Anyone dat doesn't laf to dis has a bad sense of humourangry .
Anyways, back to topic....d last tin u wanna do is follow him start a life in the village. Dats unimaginablecheesy . If he really really cares abt u, he wud drop dat silly idea. That sorted out, if u truly love him and not just diggin his looks n good heart, den I bliv u guys r good to go. Beht chill, So men like this still exists grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Holyrule(m): 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2012
[quote
author=sexkillz]Stay
with him.

He has done nothing wrong. He is not to be blamed for how he was brought
up. You are just being petty. There is nothing you perceive as a
problem that he cannot overcome with a little encouragement from you.

That is all you need to do. . . Encourage him and quit being lazy. That
is what a girlfriend should do. . .
[/quote]
nice! i love people who reason positively.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by bashr8: 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
pweeryambre: We are in the 3rd year of our relationship. And i knew he grew up from the village and was trained by his grandmother(very old woman) although he has been displaying some annoying local champion attitude from the begining, i over looked it and thot that it would change with time, but recently its getting so annoying dat its begining to embarasse me u wont even believ he is a graduate.he is just 29.
He wil not take proper medication to cure his sickness. he wil go down to village to hav one native doctor beat out wat dey call pin from his body. Atimes ordinary malaria wil last a whole month in his body as a result. Always chewin garlik and all sorts of local herb which leaves his mouth smellin funny all d time.
Dosent beliv in romance anymore , our sex life has bcome so rigid, he just want to f**k without any form of 4play. Says romance is for d white man.
He prefers d company of very old piple or very small boys dat just left sec skul and says his mates dosent know wat dey r doing,,, dis is coming from sombody dat belives C ronaldo uses charm to play football
. He Dresses funny atimes. And his views on life generally is archaic.the other day we visited a married couple friends of ours and dey served us springles potatotoe snack and he just flong the thin away saying dat its food for pigeons dat dey shuld boil yam for him to eat wit red oil,which dey did. Althou we laughed at it. I was just embarassed. I dont even want to talk abt how he spent overr 950k buyin ordinary 2nd hand audi 80 car, just because he belives dat an old model car is better than new model. even though he complaind bitterly of bein broke.
now he says he wants to park and go and live in the village dat i shuld join him. I m thinking of dumping him cos dis is not wat i want in a man, but d only thin is dat he is too handsome.and he has a good heart.
you knew all this from the begining and still wen ahead to date him for 3 years? you have two options either you live with it or let him be afterall if he relocates to the village am sure he will find a village girl that loves him just the way he is.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by oladayo042: 4:51pm On Sep 08, 2012
Can't stop laughing. I thought such breeds are long gone.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by johnnyhandsom(m): 4:52pm On Sep 08, 2012
how did you hook up with him in the first place?
well i hope you find your bill clinton
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by mediainspired: 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2012
@Op, Odikwa serious, nwanne nwanyi. Afta a careful analysis &reading btw d lines, i see u guys seemed to hav broken d 1st rule of any form of relatnship (romantic, business, political etc): &dat is, SHARED VALUES, WORLDVIEW &MENTALITY. i thot ppl ar supposed to enter in2 a relatnship wit dere significant partner cos dey grew up or believe in d same culture (not language or ethnic, but beliefs &attitude), so any form of conflict is eliminated or significantly reduced. I suspect dis is another relatnship based on ethnic or monetary reasons, which som young ppl hav bn indoctrinated &fed wit by their bigoted parents wit primordial selfish interests

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pendo89(f): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx:

Can't you see your question is oxymoronic?? undecided undecided
grin don't be mean.oxymoronic it is cz she has painted this image which made me think of evolution and man's early behaviour.
but a graduate? surely there must be some positive developments in his mind waiting for the right moment and person to awaken them.
on second thoughts maybe not. some people are just too difficult to change.
can't advice u to leave him cz i dont know him.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by labbyboi(m): 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2012
Let me draw my contribution 4rm ur comments. U said. " This isn't what u want 4rm a man" after mentioning d countless disgusting habit of his n went further 2 say "THOUGH HE'S HANDSOME". Statistically, u have drawn a conlusion urself.( Plenty archaic acts/ handsomeness)
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nuzo1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx:

If they're not compatible, she should leave the guy in peace - rather than ridicule him for being himself in cyber space... Judging by the rant the OP posted, she wasn't seeking honest advice, she just came on here to ridicule the guy... And she had a field day with other posters ridiculing the guy for being himself..
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by LordReed(m): 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2012
shymexx: About "he's so archaic" - like most of you are not medieval yourselves, with no identity smh... At least the guy has an identity and he's sticking to his "guns", what's your identity?? I guess, modern.. Bwahahahahahahaha... GTFOH with that bs!! Nigerians are so twisted! undecided

Oh please spare us the west-is-too-superior-to-copy talk Mr I-live-in-the-UK. How many times have you gone to your roots to endure "traditional" medicine? Please culture is meant to evolve; if anyone says that the old ways are better he/she should not be on NL or use any modern gadget in fact return to stone age mode of living and let us who want to think forward proceed.

@OP
You are to be blamed for making a decision to be with someone that is so patently different from you that you can't see eye to eye on issues that matter to you. It is also your responsibility to either put up or shut up. No one is going to live your life for you. You know where the shoe hurts. You can't expect us to be your lifeline in this matter because we do not know what destiny lies before you neither are we going to explore the future with you. Choose your own path. The one thing Wisdom dictates is that you choose the path brings you to success.

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by bigx(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2012
JESU!!!! Leave now or leave later o! (Divorce).. U don't want to spend d rest of ur life permanently irritated I assure U..
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by vislabraye(m): 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2012
dayokanu: OP If he is so traditional how did he toast you? Did he just say "A furungi nnanya"

You have come. Lol.

Inspite of all the locality the guy is still a hunk.
Girls amaze me sometimes.

In fact may be you should say he's an illiterate.Lol.
But you would be surprised a lot of people bliv CR uses juju. Someone has claimed that he belongs to illuminati. So your bf is not the only one.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pearlhapi(f): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2012
sexkillz: Stay with him.

He has done nothing wrong. He is not to be blamed for how he was brought up. You are just being petty. There is nothing you perceive as a problem that he cannot overcome with a little encouragement from you.

That is all you need to do. . . Encourage him and quit being lazy. That is what a girlfriend should do. . .
God bless you times one million
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by davades(m): 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2012
No coment!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Emmymi(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2012
@poster. Does he count his money over n over again when he withdraws from ATM machine. Lol
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by super1760: 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
Am sure ur bf is still using nokia 3310 and detest internet cos it may be devilish.*smh
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by chinedumo(m): 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
i take this to mean that you don't mind dating this Archaic guy
pearl~hapi:
God bless you times one million
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by jhydebaba(m): 5:18pm On Sep 08, 2012
OP, I want to believe that if he did not want to relocate to the village with u, u won't be here seeking for advice.
I am sorry but you just have to follow ur boyfriend down to the village, they need ur talents there.

*girls can be very funny*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thank God I Haven't Paid Her Exam Fees? / My Sister Always Fights With Her Boyfriend / Funny Memes: Share any funny pic on your phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.