Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me (25758 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / My Boyfriend Is Amazing.. Look At This Chat Between Us / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by honeric01(m): 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2012
Maybe the money's drying up right? you just discovered all these abi? he has a degree too so you can't claim he's illiterate.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by wawaboy1(m): 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2012
tpapi: Na wa o,som girls don suffer 4 dis world
the gal no fit suffer. Soon she go begin the chop chicken every day. Becos i know say the guy go finally settle as a native doctor
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by virginvampire(m): 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2012
wat a pity ur wedding cake will be made with YAM
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by kilimanjaro(m): 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2012
sexkillz: Stay with him.

He has done nothing wrong. He is not to be blamed for how he was brought up. You are just being petty. There is nothing you perceive as a problem that he cannot overcome with a little encouragement from you.

That is all you need to do. . . Encourage him and quit being lazy. That is what a girlfriend should do. . .
The OP can never change a guy like that! She will end up being converted to his lifestyle.
@OP, i think your man is a good guy! Guy like that are scarce! Isn't a 'good heart' is what most of you girls look out for in a man?
Lol.... Me sef believe say that Ronaldo dey use juju, because e no easy to score 150 goals in 149 appearances. grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by solid3(m): 9:50pm On Sep 08, 2012
I D D, yeeeeh! Laf wan kill me o. O boy! C Ronaldo dey use charm, hahahahahaha, pringles is pigeon's food . . .
Worst bad mouth odour. *grin*
This is just too funny.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Richiy(f): 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2012
But I like yam and oil and would av preferd it to potato chips...
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Leobreezy(m): 10:15pm On Sep 08, 2012
virgin_vampire: wat a pity ur wedding cake will be made with YAM
Lmao, my ribs wan break oo
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by onila(f): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2012
I dont mess with razz babes
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by virginvampire(m): 10:57pm On Sep 08, 2012
Richiy: But I like yam and oil and would av preferd it to potato chips...
do u know YAM and OIL is IDOL FOOD.....
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by folahann(m): 11:01pm On Sep 08, 2012
Now this is what they call funny.

@OP Threaten to quit unless he changes.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by onila(f): 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2012
virgin_vampire: wat a pity ur wedding cake will be made with YAM
grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by israelbenzion: 11:07pm On Sep 08, 2012
Fiction
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 08, 2012
Laugh wan kill me to d extent neighbours ar knockin at my door!!!!,,, notin do d guy as for me oo but did u jus wake up frm ur slumber afta 3yrs, beta still no money again You can retire make anoda person enter nah, no tym..Pls i want rest biko.. No offence.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by MOBBDEEP: 11:25pm On Sep 08, 2012
stpat1: hahhahahahaha woooosh. ***falls from the bed****
Omo I too like the guy o, you want to deny him what he enjoys in the name of being civilised abi. Though buy a second hand Audi 80 for that price is sheer stupidity sha, but I don't see anything wrong in wanting to eat Yam instead of pringles, afterall you guys were with friends which should probably know him already.

There are things I am also not used to that my chick want to instill in me by all means. like

Wanting to get used to washing the dishes with liquid soap instead of the bar soap I'm used to. i'm used to my Canoe or key soap grin

Always adding dettol to my bathing water (who teach me this one) cheesy

Always asking me to wash my hands every now and then

Prefers I used the Vaccum cleaner instead of broom. (she no know say na effizy I buy am for) grin

Always complaining I walk too fast ( I was born and raised on the streets of Lagos, no time for sme sme) grin

there so much other stuffs she's always trying to imbibe in me that I just comply with to satisfy her, but left for me I was born a papi roro, na God just pity me. lol

Brother, I feel you.
No time for 'sme-sme'
But why buy Vacuum-Cleaner for 'effizy'?

@ OP
Mental problems are under-reported in developing nations & the populace are not well-informed about it. Mental illness, to them, is when someone is stark mad. Not appreciating the fact that there is a thin line between normal & abnormal.
I hope you won't wait till he starts blowing CD ( 'fere' daddy ) as a balloon or when he starts telling you that he can understand animal's talk.

By the way, overcooked/slightly-softened boiled white-yam soaked inside the top-part of a standing red-oil, sprinkled/garnished with salt sparingly & eaten/served hot na die.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Slyblings(m): 11:28pm On Sep 08, 2012
Na now u knAw al dat?365 days into 3,do u know wat u wud get?al diz while it ddnt irritate u..y now?afta u don climb am like tree 4 3 yrs,now u wan alight...GOD IS WATCHIN U..Hahahahahahaha.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by ogunsam75(m): 11:39pm On Sep 08, 2012
I can believe that some pple still like this kind of live in this present age, the will grind pepper on grinding stone,eating ur meal in a calabash, bathe in the stream, sleep on bamboo made bed and always on wrapper....what a sweet life
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by condralbede(m): 4:19am On Sep 09, 2012
I m thinking of dumping him cos dis is not wat i want in a man, but d only thin is dat he is too handsome.and he has a good heart.......
Atleast U knw dat he is good in sumtin,and i guess he is good in bed too.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by peroskyeze(m): 4:24am On Sep 09, 2012
DUMP HIM N COME TO ME, I HOPE UR PUNNY HASNT BECOME 2 WIDE, IF SO BETTER STAY WITH THE VILLAGE CHAMPION
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Abbey2sam(m): 6:06am On Sep 09, 2012
I can't see anytin wrong with a guy just tryin to be himself, or would you rather prefer him pretending? You should consider the fact that he was brought up by his grand mum in the village, and i guess his ways of thinking is not upto date....and the fact that he is a graduate means that you can make him realize the century we in....
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Juzzybabe(f): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2012
In this modern wolrd? Hahahahahahahahaaha!!! Abeg no crack my ribs wit ds joke ooooo.
If u love him n u think he loves u,u can change him to ur taste. Somtyms it irritates teaching an old dog new trick,but u av to try so as to gain happiness.
Mind u,most of d kool guys u see n admire out there,started like your guy,so,try hard n Behind him up.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by pearlhapi(f): 6:51am On Sep 09, 2012
Juzzybabe: In this modern wolrd? Hahahahahahahahaaha!!! Abeg no crack my ribs wit ds joke ooooo.
If u love him n u think he loves u,u can change him to ur taste. Somtyms it irritates teaching an old dog new trick,but u av to try so as to gain happiness.
Mind u,most of d kool guys u see n admire out there,started like your guy,so,try hard n Behind him up.
liked BTW which one is behind him up biko
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 09, 2012
condralbede: I m thinking of dumping him cos dis is not wat i want in a man, but d only thin is dat he is too handsome.and he has a good heart.......
Woman, please leave this guy joor,u don't deserve him. The man u deserve is a guy who is exposed,ready made and may be one who has patronized every bitch around the country,who stil want to sleep with your best friends while u're out. Pls leave the poor guy alone. He deserve a better guy in his life and not you. The pain won't take long to clear from him. However,I know of lady who is so village-bred that she knws nothing bout computer let alone net surfing,dresses like old woman and xterized by primitive thinking but through the help of his loving fiancee now married,she is now refined,trimmed,classic,exposed and enlightened thanks to the persistent encouragement and work by her hubby. Women on the other hand especialy Nigerian are naturally lazy and unpatient cant make such sacrifice. @ op pls leave the poor guy joor and get your size but pls when u see this same guy years to come,i'm sure he would have transformd into the guy you want courtesy of another gentle, loving and patient lady
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 09, 2012
Rocktation: Omgosh! This is so funny. How did you meet him? Oh I'm so happy that you're not married to him yet. cheesy. Please, run. I'm sure that there still exist, some single and polished fine bobos with good character traits, somewhere in this world abeg.

For where?...recommend her to ur bros
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 09, 2012
condralbede: I m thinking of dumping him cos dis is not wat i want in a man, but d only thin is dat he is too handsome.and he has a good heart.......
Many guyz started off like this but they grew out of their shell having mixed up with colleagues at work and modern society. If u love him indeed,u will stay with him and influence him. It may take time & difficult but he will change. However,he must be see the need to and be willing to learn. I know for certain that he wil outgrow his thick village mentality shell given the right exposure and encouragement. If he's unyielding,then u have to do what u must do eventually after threats to leave him if he doesnt change has failed. Who knows,God sent u into his life to refine him and prepare him for a better partner and you also to learn a lesson in life.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by peroskyeze(m): 7:35am On Sep 09, 2012
BABE I DON TELL U DUMP THE VILLAGE CHAMPION, U NEED A REAL MAN LIKE ME
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by Seun(m): 7:38am On Sep 09, 2012
maryjames9: Many guyz started off like this but they grew out of their shell having mixed up with colleagues at work and modern society. If u love him indeed,u will stay with him and influence him. It may take time & difficult but he will change. However,he must be see the need to and be willing to learn. I know for certain that he wil outgrow his thick village mentality shell given the right exposure and encouragement. If he's unyielding,then u have to do what u must do eventually after threats to leave him if he doesnt change has failed. Who knows,God sent u into his life to refine him and prepare him for a better partner and you also to learn a lesson in life.
You can't change people. You can either accept them or let them be.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by chizstic: 7:39am On Sep 09, 2012
Girl, i see u're in love wt ds guy, but i've to tell u to run for ur life, ds guy is something else, who knws if, whn u get to the village, he'll use u for their traditional, cos u said he is damn fetish,do u wnt to get married to a herbalist?? Infact what am i even saying, flee from dat guy,going to the village??pple in the village are planning on moving to the city, u're planning on moving to the village wt him, com'on, which kind romeo and juliet be dat Girl forward ever, back never, afterall ur destiny is not tied to him.Girl, i see u're in love wt ds guy, but i've to tell u to run for ur life, ds guy is something else, who knws if, whn u get to the village, he'll use u for their traditional, cos u said he is damn fetish,do u wnt to get married to a herbalist?? Infact what am i even saying, flee from dat guy,going to the village??pple in the village are planning on moving to the city, u're planning on moving to the village wt him, com'on, which kind romeo and juliet be dat Girl forward ever, back never, afterall ur destiny is not tied to him.Girl, i see u're in love wt ds guy, but i've to tell u to run for ur life, ds guy is something else, who knws if, whn u get to the village, he'll use u for their traditional, cos u said he is damn fetish,do u wnt to get married to a herbalist?? Infact what am i even saying, flee from dat guy,going to the village??pple in the village are planning on moving to the city, u're planning on moving to the village wt him, com'on, which kind romeo and juliet be dat Girl forward ever, back never, afterall ur destiny is not tied to him.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by blackeli: 7:43am On Sep 09, 2012
my dear, I have just one word for you. RUN!!!. If he hasnt changed after 3 years, he wouldnt change just for you. If you haven't gotten married and fore play is for "oyinbo", then he would force his way into you when he marries you and report you to the elders when you complain about his actions.
Get someone in your class cos this dude is stuck in his ideologies, and would be difficult to change.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by chiboy1928(m): 7:45am On Sep 09, 2012
Am intrested in u,young lady I have got a lot of love for u,just send me an email chiboy1928@yahoo.com
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by peroskyeze(m): 7:50am On Sep 09, 2012
^^^ CHAI SEE TOASTIN FOR NL
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by 2sexy(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2012
Seun:
You can't change people. You can either accept them or let them be.
Seun has spoken rightly. That's how I deal with people. Accept them the way they and love them as a human. The charateristic of any individual is a reaction of their environment. I am naturally gentle but people may perceive me to be snob. Getting close to will make you understand that I cherish every human, whether big or small, rich or poor and never underate anyone I meet.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Too Archaic It Worries Me by cherrycoco(f): 8:28am On Sep 09, 2012
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.seriously hahahahahahahahaha jezz.
If u can wait for him for 3 yrs den u can do it tru God who strengthens u.my dear talking abt handsome der r soo many handsome guyz out dia n wot if his looks fades,den wotand u shud ask ursef if his gud hrt can take d place of dos tins u complained abt.and woteva dat happened to Loveand trust me u hv nt seen d least of it till u go down to d village wit him.

Oooopss bt seriously girl u ll make a gud movie writer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Sister Always Fights With Her Boyfriend / 9 Ways To Know That Your Partner Is Planning To Breakup With You / Funny Memes: Share any funny pic on your phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.