Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1837680 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MedicBlaze(m): 1:50am On Jun 26, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

I doubt dude. Most Doctors are there for job security because, Medicine is one of the jobs you can do till you are old and fill fufilled. Goodluck bro. No join do strike ooo grin grin

Let me get this straight, you're attempting to explain someone's life to him?
Someone you've probably never met before?

Chill boy, we get the fact that you're feeling the high school exuberance and all but you have to chill.

Not that we're complaining about the constant amusement you bring to the table but you have to chill and allow life to pass through you naturally.

No do pass yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aquilapriscilla: 5:32am On Jun 26, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

He was smart and had money, if you don't have money O.Y.O. you think its small money to buy post ume form 4k, travel to and fro to calabar (which is about 18K) plus 5K to lodge. After putme u will check unical post ume result with 1k card.Then it didn't click the he went to do coc N3500 and bought uniport post utme 4k and travelled to port Harcourt to and fro (let's say 12k assuming he stays in Lagos) and he will lodge again 5k. add all this, I didn't even add miscellaneous.

Ma you are right
Some of these things if you don't have money it will be very difficult to do them. On getting admission school fee is another problem
Can you imagine as a 200level med student I pay extra 70k as professional levy
This amount will increase to 100 k by 400 level.
Med students should apply for scholarships that comes their way ,let's not underate any scholarship even if your parents can afford your education (life is uncertain)
I pray God help us all
Amen

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 9:38am On Jun 26, 2020
MedicBlaze:

Let me get this straight, you're attempting to explain someone's life to him?
Someone you've probably never met before?

Chill boy, we get the fact that you're feeling the high school exuberance and all but you have to chill.

Not that we're complaining about the constant amusement you bring to the table but you have to chill and allow life to pass through you naturally.

No do pass yourself.
Read what I posted again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:12am On Jun 26, 2020
ShahRukhKhan:
Emblematic. See how lucky and smart you are.
Most aspirants don't know this stuff of changing school when it doesn't fit your narrative. See how you switched from unical to Uniport and still got what you wanted. But some aspirants ehn. No ó when when they know they are below cut off will still choose to stay in one place. Later on will come and complain that they have been looking for MBBS admission for the past 10 years.
It was just 2017 JAMB started giving opportunity to change even when post UTME registrations for schools had started..Before it ended one month after the UTME exam...It's only the smart ones that will make use of this opportunity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by blazer90707: 11:55am On Jun 26, 2020
Gemineye:
True tho. Btw pardon moi but which institution(s) would u suggest one picks for DE
I don't really have an idea oo as I'm still trying to figure it out. I am sure some of the seniors here would be able to answer this
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

He was smart and had money, if you don't have money O.Y.O. you think its small money to buy post ume form 4k, travel to and fro to calabar (which is about 18K) plus 5K to lodge. After putme u will check unical post ume result with 1k card.Then it didn't click the he went to do coc N3500 and bought uniport post utme 4k and travelled to port Harcourt to and fro (let's say 12k assuming he stays in Lagos) and he will lodge again 5k. add all this, I didn't even add miscellaneous.
pocohontas! have you finally decided on the school you are going to apply to?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dtyla(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2020
MrEgghead:
The only dark side is not releasing 'Cut off points" officially like UI and some schools...But the truth is, if you go to admission office to ask, they will tell you...When I went there, they told me 77 for merit and I noticed all of us that crossed 77 in our WhatsApp group chat then were admitted..Not a single person was left out.. Though people still came in via catchment and Elds with few marks below that...If you beat the "purported cut off point", you'll definitely gain admission...The question is how many will beat it?
The cut off points for schools that admit based on quota are always high because of those slots set aside for the highly connected people..That's the system we find ourselves.

So can you enlignten me on what you and your colleagues did exactly to ace the UNIBEN post utme.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abdulgalib(m): 3:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Am a unilorin medical aspirant,awaiting result
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
BRYAN999:
pocohontas! have you finally decided on the school you are going to apply to?
Unical probably. The problem now is if they would conduct post utme. I heard there's an imminent lockdown looming. The occurrence of post utme isn't certain since interstate travel ban hasn't been lifted.

My O level is not so fantastic, I just pray they don't use o level result for screening.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Commmy: 5:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

Unical probably. The problem now is if they would conduct post utme. I heard there's an imminent lockdown looming. The occurrence of post utme isn't certain since interstate travel ban hasn't been lifted.

My O level is not so fantastic, I just pray they don't use o level result for screening.

I believe the interstate lockdown will be lifted soon and schools will resume. So don't rule out the possibility of post utme exams yet.

In my opinion, another lockdown is not feasible
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2020
dtyla:

So can you enlignten me on what you and your colleagues did exactly to ace the UNIBEN post utme.
Nothing special...I read and solved LAMLARD's biology, chemistry and physics cover to cover and for English, I read Dandy. There was hardly any big word I didn't know the meaning then..It wasn't easy at all, but I covered everything once..The exam was a walk over because my questions were very simple..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dtyla(m): 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
MrEgghead:
Nothing special...I read and solved LAMLARD's biology, chemistry and physics cover to cover and for English, I read Dandy. There was hardly any big word I didn't know the meaning then..It wasn't easy at all, but I covered everything once..The exam was a walk over because my questions were very simple..

Thats nice, well its time for me to work.
What about JAMB and Post UTME past questions.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
dtyla:

Thats nice, well its time for me to work.
What about JAMB and Post UTME past questions.
You'll get everything you want in LAMLARD...Key points to those answers are also included.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
MrEgghead:
You'll get everything you want in LAMLARD...Key points to those answers are also included.
hello boss, can we chat outside here, maybe on whatsApp?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
klose4life:
hello boss, can we chat outside here, maybe on whatsApp?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dtyla(m): 2:07am On Jun 27, 2020
MrEgghead:

Okay
Lastly, is it LAMLARD or LAMLAD?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Oluwaseun1995: 8:53am On Jun 27, 2020

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HumanCalc: 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
Oluwaseun1995:

BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!

AND I RETURN ALL GLORY TO GOD FOR FRUITFUL EFFORTS

PS: I was running my NYSC in south south then, so I didn't need to spend exorbitantly to travel within those axis and even lodge as you said

Gracias
Pls does any one have an idea when change of institution will start? Some are even saying maybe jamb won't open COI portal again. I am worried oo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 1:47pm On Jun 27, 2020
HumanCalc:

Pls does any one have an idea when change of institution will start? Some are even saying maybe jamb won't open COI portal again. I am worried oo
I be dey wait but nothing. They should better open the portal
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
HumanCalc:

Abi dem no won open coc/coi for this year, dah one go be wahala o. Anything is possible in this your country. They can just wake up and say everyone should maintain their previously chosen institution and course.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jun 27, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

I be dey wait but nothing. They should better open the portal
As at last year when results were released as late as May 11. By Mid June COC/COI had started. Now since March nothing. Is like they won't open it o.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 2:04pm On Jun 27, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

As at last year when results were released as late as May 11. By Mid June COC/COI had started. Now since March nothing. Is like they won't open it o.
I tell you ooo. My people are worried here at home. Some have gone as far saying that there won't be admission process this year which I doubt. My sincere condolences to the WAEC candidates grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

I tell you ooo. My people are worried here at home. Some have gone as far saying that there won't be admission process this year which I doubt. My sincere condolences to the WAEC candidates grin grin
All those awaiting result candidate should just forget it. Jamb has already said those who have result from previous years should go ahead with admission process
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2020
Zeeknow3245:

grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2020
Why wait when you can earn a degree without the rigours of jamb and post jamb.

Enroll into a degree program (on scholarship) and earn an international certificate with higher possibilities of getting a job internationally and locally.

1)BSc: 3 Years, Entry Requirement: SSCE
2)Post Graduate Degree: 9 Months, Entry Requirement: HND, 3rd Class BSC
3)MSc: 9-12 Months, Entry Requirement: Distinction in HND, BSC (2-2, 2-1,1-1)
4) PhD

To register: https:///Internationalstudy

Deadline: 15th July, 2020

For inquiries: jptsinternationalprograms@gmail.com

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zeeknow3245(m): 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2020
Pocohontasboo:

All those awaiting result candidate should just forget it. Jamb has already said those who have result from previous years should go ahead with admission process
I tell you oo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
David2O:
grin
dave, what's up na? how's the jacking going?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
BRYAN999:
dave, what's up na? how's the jacking going?
Big man. Everything is going smooth grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 28, 2020
David2O:
Big man. Everything is going smooth grin
Chai! U.I post utme don suffer for this guy hand sha....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 28, 2020
I heard Change of course/institution is out but it can only be done in a CBT centre not a café. How true is this? Has anyone gone to a CBT centre for confirmation?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dunsin125: 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2020
Pocohontasboo:
I heard Change of course/institution is out but it can only be done in a CBT centre not a café. How true is this? Has anyone gone to a CBT centre for confirmation?
I don't know if it's true because even Jamb is saying that change of institution has been suspended because of the pandemic but there are people who claimed to have changed theirs in the past weeks. I am hoping Jamb starts it this week.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ademola47(m): 6:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
BRYAN999:
Chai! U.I post utme don suffer for this guy hand sha....
Aswear, I dey fear the guy.

Are you also a ui mbbs aspirant?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.