Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba (16378 Views)

Women And Female Lawyers Protest Rising Cases Of Rape In Kano(photos) / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by conyema12(m): 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva: Someone just takes a picture of a particular place in Aba and uploads it as a true representation of Aba. Yes, we know Aba is bad but not this bad and not everywhere. When i went to Aba 3 years ago, i was trying very hard to find the dirty Aba i kept hearing and seeing all over the internet but i couldn't find any. Even Ogbor hill that seems like a middle to lower-class neigbourhood is not that bad.

ppl like u should sho.t in the head for posting rubbish.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by eruditescholar1(m): 8:34pm On Sep 20, 2012
Resco p: Pls who will tell me how to locate cameroon street in aba from osisioma?
from osisioma, board a bus going to Ahia ohu(new market), the last bus stop is usually cameroun road or sometimes Ehi road. Its one drop things.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by conyema12(m): 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva:
You're yet to see a descent picture of Aba because the one's you've seen are the only pictures that can paint Aba as it's known to popular wisdom. Of course, we can't compare the senerity of Aba to those of Enugu, Owerri, Uyo or Calabar but it has some decent(average) places just like every other average city. Those pictures are not only astronomical but were taken in the eyes of mischief makers with a camera purchased from hell and produced by satan with materials assembled by his demons.

I used to respect ur comments but now I have realized you are one of them...sham/e on you for painting evil good.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Remii(m): 8:44pm On Sep 20, 2012
Why are lawyers complaining, no be dem defended Okija fraudster in court to become Governor while he was still in EFCC detention?. Make dem enjoy am.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2012
Abagworo: Is this picture real? Someone should confirm it

Very real. I get scared whenever there is business that must take me to Aba. You must have rubber slippas with you to walk about in Aba.

I have a thread on this in the politics section but hasnt been deemed fit for front page by mods. Infact am short of words for all roads in Abia state including Okigwe-Umuahia road.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva: Someone just takes a picture of a particular place in Aba and uploads it as a true representation of Aba. Yes, we know Aba is bad but not this bad and not everywhere. When i went to Aba 3 years ago, i was trying very hard to find the dirty Aba i kept hearing and seeing all over the internet but i couldn't find any. Even Ogbor hill that seems like a middle to lower-class neigbourhood is not that bad.

You said you visited Aba last, 3yrs ago. Please how many Nigerian roads are built to last upto 3 yrs Also, which roads did you visit in Aba. Try visiting Portharcourt road, Asa road, Milverton, Ikot-Ekpene road, Cemetry and Ezuikwu markets. If you dont find those sites, then we are joking.

Mtscheeeew.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Areaboy2(m): 9:17pm On Sep 20, 2012

you are a minority!

Aba is something else!! indeed all governors past and present need to be jailed for life angry
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
thelastPope:

Please this is where I have to challenge you. First like I said before, TA Orji is doing a terrible job and there is really no defense for him but I will tell you straight that you are specifically taking pictures with a view to making things look worse than they are.

First of all, the captions on your pictures show they are campaign pictures so you must be an opposition party guy. Secondly, the last picture you just posted showed you zoomed in on a certain part of the road and emphasized that to give a general picture. I could do that for every state of Nigeria.

Having said that, I still submit TA is sleeping and needs to wake up.

What's the need for all this english

People living in Aba have confirmed every part of Aba is so. Ngwa road, Milverton, Ikot-ekpene road, Port-harcourt road, Asa road, Cemetry, Ezuikwu. What else do you want to hear
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by uchetrend: 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2012
Even though Theodore Orji is heartless, i think d state House of Assembly are d most devilish, wicked, mischveous, inhuman and heartless otherwise i dnt see d reason why they cant impeach dis God-forsaken sadist out of d government house......and elect an APGA candidate to save d state
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by cheesome(m): 10:01pm On Sep 20, 2012
hmmmm!...when rick ross shows d truth wit his "hold me bak" video,we kip chanting bullshits...
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
Soglad: he was not voted in,he PDP RIGGED DE ELECTION

^^^You mean like they tried to do in Imo state, but were checkmated by Ndi-Imo who not only registered to vote, but came out in their numbers on the day and -more importantly- defended their votes?
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 20, 2012
Governor TA Orji has actually made the former governor Orji Kalu to look like a saint. I was at Aba a month ago and nearly wept for the country. Only a revolution can save he state from total collapse.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
Resco p: Pls who will tell me how to locate cameroon street in aba from osisioma?

^^^Get a canoe, a compass, a pair of rain-boots and some bottled water, then paddle due west.....you should make it in about 2 hours max.

Cheers.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by ujchief(m): 10:16pm On Sep 20, 2012
When people ask me why i dislike Gej, i come up wit this simple response, 'He imposed T.a orji on my state'.
Orji was a monumental failure in his first term, he was with PPA then. He switched to Apga later. But Gej intervened, brought him to pdp and displaced ikechi emenike from pdp. Ikechi has been sponsoring pdp all the while when t.a orji was jumping from one party to another. We where getin him ready to take over the state come 2011, but b'cos of Gej's selfish presidential ambitions, he (GEJ) brought him back to pdp and frustrated all eforts of ikechi to contest the pdp primaries. He (ikechi) was booted out of pdp at the 11th hour when it was late to join another party. Ever wonder how Gej managed to get a over milion block votes from abia, out of 1.2 registerd voters? He sacrifised our state at the alter of his selfish ambitions.
However, afam4ever is right, there are beautiful places in Aba, i'll show u guys later.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by thegeorgy(f): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2012
Hell yes Aba is worse than D̶̲̥̅̊ąτ̲̅ ...I remember going there to shop 4 my wedding 2 years ago.Lord have mercy! Ariaria nd its like was a hot mess.I kept stepping into those muddy aπϑ filthy water.for †ђξ †ђξ place to still remain like D̶̲̥̅̊ąτ̲̅ after 2 years is not shocking,cos Aba is known for filth nd bad road.Tufiakwa! its really terrible...am already crying for Aba!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by EXCELLENCEAbia: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
Abagworo: Is this picture real? Someone should confirm it
it is real
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by ak47mann(m): 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
TA ORJI IS A DISGRACE TO HUMANITY cool cool
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by EXCELLENCEAbia: 10:44pm On Sep 20, 2012
if not small thing i for tell you shout up in fact shout up. i'm not trying to but telling you that ABA is beautiful here. ok if it is managable why should the lawyers protest. the issue is that aba is not motorable(kekerable) in dry season talkless of now. T.A is a disappointment
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by EXCELLENCEAbia: 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva:
You're yet to see a descent picture of Aba because the one's you've seen are the only pictures that can paint Aba as it's known to popular wisdom. Of course, we can't compare the senerity of Aba to those of Enugu, Owerri, Uyo or Calabar but it has some decent(average) places just like every other average city. Those pictures are not only astronomical but were taken in the eyes of mischief makers with a camera purchased from hell and produced by satan with materials assembled by his demons.
you are ganishing your english face facts
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by olivertwist: 10:53pm On Sep 20, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked O K A D I G B O shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

And someone still dare to defend the indefensible... undecided Wickedness... cry cry cry cry cry At least remember the poor people living in that area even if you are 'chopping' under the 'gofament'
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by conyema12(m): 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2012
thelastPope:

Please this is where I have to challenge you. First like I said before, TA Orji is doing a terrible job and there is really no defense for him but I will tell you straight that you are specifically taking pictures with a view to making things look worse than they are.

First of all, the captions on your pictures show they are campaign pictures so you must be an opposition party guy. Secondly, the last picture you just posted showed you zoomed in on a certain part of the road and emphasized that to give a general picture. I could do that for every state of Nigeria.

somebody took pains to gather informatn and u are not grateful for it... For your information TA Orji is Dead and not sleeping...
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 20, 2012
engineerd: damn......dirty nna people!
epileptic goat
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by EXCELLENCEAbia: 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
uchetrend: Even though Theodore Orji is heartless, i think d state House of Assembly are d most devilish, wicked, mischveous, inhuman and heartless otherwise i dnt see d reason why they cant impeach dis God-forsaken sadist out of d government house......and elect an APGA candidate to save d state
is apga the best even if you go there your own feel worse past. but come to think of it how can they impeach the exconvict when he buys two land and give them chance to buy one. MY STATE IS DEAD
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by conyema12(m): 11:05pm On Sep 20, 2012
Abagworo:

Please snap pictures of different places and show us. I went to Aba from Port Harcourt last year. I entered from Port Harcourt Road and left through Osisioma to see all these but I could not. The pictures I posted were taken with my phone. I don't know the State of the roads at the moment but please share with us at least those spots I took the pictures how they are at the moment.

Egbe eligwe gbabukwa gi nga ahu... Did you fly in from PH that made you not to see that death trap at Port Harcourt Rd. Opposite coca cola junction.. There is no week that trailer container dont fall there. What of christal park junction or uratha...the list is endless along that road. Or is it the gutter they dug without working thereby generating gullies everywhere. That man must suffer.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abali1(m): 11:11pm On Sep 20, 2012
Three years ago should be 2009...
You should visit aba again... Then you will know if the picture posted is true or not...
The picture posted by OP, is just one area of Aba... If you don't find at least 5 or more major roads like that... Then always call me liar any time you come across my posts on NL
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by skerries: 11:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
I am happy that most of you are angry and unhappy about the deplorable conditions of Aba . My question is my igbo brothers who are yawning for biafra state, are we for real with such bonehead attitude of our own son as a leader. igbos has failed the concept and my my the true ideology of goals. my brother who fought died for biafra state would have died In vain seeing the conditon of Aba of now .
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Rossikk(m): 11:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
Aba, Nnewi, Onitsha, it's the same news. Cities known for their vibrant indigenous manufacturing and trading sectors, all subjected to gross neglect leading to massive infrastructural deficits, suppressing their industrialisation, while administrative cities - Enugu, Calabar, Uyo, Owerri etc, are spruced up and developed.

Could there be foreign influence in creating this phenomenon? Are there forces determined to prevent our industrial take-off by starving our indigenous manufacturing centres of infrastructure, ie the oxygen they need to prosper?

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by gsalvatore: 11:18pm On Sep 20, 2012
thelastPope:

No too much talk, TA orji is doing nothing, I can tell you confidently that about 89% of roads in Aba are fvcked, those picture gives u almost a clear image of how Aba roads are. Faulks road is shyte,Osusu is bullshyte,Umule road is Dogshyte,Umuocham road is Catshyte,Abayi Ariara is Holyshyte,PH road is beautiful Shyte,Ngwa road is Tourist shyte,ohanku road is Lizard shyte,Aba owerri road is Ratshyte,Powerline road is dinosaur shyte,Azikiwe road is magarita shyte,UkwuMango is Orji shyte,Erondu road is a classic shyte,omuma road is Medieval shyte,Milverton is macopolo shyte,Uratta is chicken shyte,Mosque road is boko shyte, this list can go on till after election....infact prove me wrong @afam4eva.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Effwazobia: 11:20pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva:

Someone just takes a picture of a particular place in Aba and uploads it as a true representation of Aba. Yes, we know Aba is bad but not this bad and not everywhere. When i went to Aba 3 years ago, i was trying very hard to find the dirty Aba i kept hearing and seeing all over the internet but i couldn't find any. Even Ogbor hill that seems like a middle to lower-class neigbourhood is not that bad.

Bia Afam, quit falling my hands with these unsubstanciated comments of yours. Have you become a shill? How much are they paying you? Nwanne no loose the respect I have for you o. Aba is a shit hole. I am from there, and I was there two months ago. Got that?
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by EXCELLENCEAbia: 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2012
OBITUARY ANOUNCEMENT, GONE SO SOON(G S S):with regrate of a life worse spent, the family of NIGERIA is tearfully anouncing the present death of their son ABIA STATE. AGE: 21. BURIAL ARRANGEMENT: body will leave f c t mortuary @ 8 am on saturday with a brife stop @ aba and arrive @ his home town umuahia after mass @.............. HE IS SURVIVED BY: bad governor SON, poverty, bad roads, dialuted education, corrupt government and host of all evil things. may his soul ressurate in peace come 2015. SIGN......................................
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abagworo(m): 11:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
conyema12:

Egbe eligwe gbabukwa gi nga ahu... Did you fly in from PH that made you not to see that death trap at Port Harcourt Rd. Opposite coca cola junction.. There is no week that trailer container dont fall there. What of christal park junction or uratha...the list is endless along that road. Or is it the gutter they dug without working thereby generating gullies everywhere. That man must suffer.

Why all the curse? I actually went into Aba from Alaoji and came out from Osisioma. I took pictures with my phone and did not see the bad spots. If they are spoilt now, why can't you correct me by posting pictures rather than behaving like an illiterate. I have always condemned Orji but I cannot lie about what I saw.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abali1(m): 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2012
Abagworo:

Why all the curse? I actually went into Aba from Alaoji and came out from Osisioma. I took pictures with my phone and did not see the bad spots. If they are spoilt now, why can't you correct me by posting pictures rather than behaving like an illiterate. I have always condemned Orji but I cannot lie about what I saw.

You came into Aba from Alaoji?... You did not pass Ariaria/Enyimba...you didn't pass PortHarcourt junction...your car/driver ddn't take one way... Ok ooo...
Then you " came out from" Osisioma... At Osisioma junction you ddn't witness all the glaring DEATH TRAPS...
Am sorry to say, that it wasn't Aba that you visited.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Stops Police From Arresting Ademola Adeleke Over Exam Malpractice / Stop Fighting Your Brother, Northern Youths Caution Igbo Politicians / Ortom: Why G-5 Governors Can’t Join Atiku Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.