Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,597 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba (16381 Views)

Women And Female Lawyers Protest Rising Cases Of Rape In Kano(photos) / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abagworo(m): 12:01am On Sep 21, 2012
Abali1:

You came into Aba from Alaoji?... You did not pass Ariaria/Enyimba...you didn't pass PortHarcourt junction...your car/driver ddn't take one way... Ok ooo...
Then you " came out from" Osisioma... At Osisioma junction you ddn't witness all the glaring DEATH TRAPS...
Am sorry to say, that it wasn't Aba that you visited.

Look at these pictures and tell me whether it wasn't Aba.

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by asha80(m): 12:05am On Sep 21, 2012
Abagworo:

Look at these pictures and tell me whether it wasn't Aba.

haven't you noticed that it seems to be one road you are posting here?

as for the topic too bad aba residents have to put up with this for 3 more years.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abagworo(m): 12:06am On Sep 21, 2012
I started taking pictures from alaoji through Aba town hall to Osisioma. About 40 pictures. That was last year May. I've not been to Aba since then, so if the roads are worse off, I cannot know unless you guys show us.

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by nduchucks: 12:09am On Sep 21, 2012
@Abagworo, I have seen Port Harcourt and Ariara/Enyimba. The road conditions there were deplorable as of 4 weeks ago. Did you or did you not pass through these areas?
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Promolysis(m): 12:11am On Sep 21, 2012
Resco p: Pls who will tell me how to locate cameroon street in aba from osisioma?
it is not cameroun street but cameroun road, 4rm osisioma take a bus or keke going 2 park or ahia ohuru (new market) 4rm dere ask any1 of cameroun rd
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by papaejima1: 12:18am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva: Someone just takes a picture of a particular place in Aba and uploads it as a true representation of Aba. Yes, we know Aba is bad but not this bad and not everywhere. When i went to Aba 3 years ago, i was trying very hard to find the dirty Aba i kept hearing and seeing all over the internet but i couldn't find any. Even Ogbor hill that seems like a middle to lower-class neigbourhood is not that bad.
Bros, go wash your eye!
You say those pics are not representative of the states of Aba roads?
Ok here goes

This one is even from Vanguard newspapers of August 12, 2012.

Even Ukaegbu road in Ogbor Hill
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Promolysis(m): 12:26am On Sep 21, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^You mean like they tried to do in Imo state, but were checkmated by Ndi-Imo who not only registered to vote, but came out in their numbers on the day and -more importantly- defended their votes?
abia pple are suffering 4 their ignorance, even the holy bible posit dat my pple perish cuz of ignorant. During the last election majority of dem are making fool of demselves dat dey can only cast ther vote 4 gej aftawhich dat wot eva t.a orji wnt 2 do he shud go ahead n do it
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by sleekcm(m): 12:30am On Sep 21, 2012
@Abagworo, I see you came to Aba to buy gworo? Anyway, the pics you took shows the good parts of Aba-Owerri road only. That is just one road in Aba.

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by asha80(m): 12:32am On Sep 21, 2012
Promolysis: abia pple are suffering 4 their ignorance, even the holy bible posit dat my pple perish cuz of ignorant. During the last election majority of dem are making fool of demselves dat dey can only cast ther vote 4 gej aftawhich dat wot eva t.a orji wnt 2 do he shud go ahead n do it

why would they have said that?don't they know that whoever is there governor has more impact on their lives that who is president?
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abagworo(m): 12:38am On Sep 21, 2012
sleekcm: @Abagworo, I see you came to Aba to buy gworo? Anyway, the pics you took shows the good parts of Aba-Owerri road only. That is just one road in Aba.

I think its the major road. Is it still in good condition now?I went to Enitona for a function. If the roads went bad this year, you guys should also consider the rain factor. Here in Port Harcourt East/West Road, Woji, Elelenwo, Ada George, Iwofe and a whole lot of roads have been rendered impassable by the rains. Some people blame Amaechi and I ask if Amaechi is in control of nature. You probably heard of the Airforce bridge incident.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by sleekcm(m): 12:39am On Sep 21, 2012
These shots are of PH road in Aba. These are the good parts actually.

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by asha80(m): 12:40am On Sep 21, 2012
only god knows what goes through the head of t a orji.chai!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 21, 2012
Thank goodness I have left that god-forsaken city. I hated every moment of my stay there.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by sleekcm(m): 1:06am On Sep 21, 2012
Let me just share this briefly. I took a bus from Aba to Lagos on Tuesday and there was a journalist who came on inspection/fact-finding mission to Abia State in that same bus. He made some mind-blowing revelations. I never knew the problem of Abia was that big. T.A Orji is a major reason why Abia is backwards but he isn't the only one. It was T.A who made Orji Uzor Kalu governor. He rigged him in - when he was Abia INEC chairman - or whatever they called it back then. It was T.A who introduced Orji Uzor Kalu to Okija Shrine things. T.A also taught Orji how to be mean. It's only natural that Orji Uzor Kalu had to show appreciation by rewarding him with Abia State for 4 years. Jonathan ensured he came back through massive rigging using the shameless traditional Ezes' in the state. Now, this journalist alleges that there is a list of about 150 prominent Nigerians that T.A Orji and his army of bandits pays monthly to keep quiet about what's happening in the state. Top on this list is no other than the first lady - Dame Patience Jonathan- who is paid an unbelievable #300million/month.

Abia State receives a monthly allocation of #6billion naira + IGR of #3billion but T.A and his government of touts shares it out among themselves and uses the rest to keep some people quiet. That's why it's almost impossible for him to undertake any meaningful capital project. Unless you count sharing Keke Napep among his party thugs!

Now this journalist also confirmed a story I've heard severally in Aba and swept it aside as a common rumour. T.A recently bought a ship but had some problems. He involved Orji Uzor Kalu to help secure the transaction by paying a LITTLE sum of #45billion into his account! Well Orji Uzor thanked his stars and banked the money! End of story! Money lost. No ship.

These are just some of the reasons why T.A Orji can never develop or construct the roads in Abia State. His government is a giant corruption circus, well backed by Jonathan and his wife.

These NBA Aba branch members were not just protesting against the state of roads in Aba but also against the arrest of a member who dared to write articles against the poor state of governance in the state. Trust T.A and his thugs, they quickly arrested him and accused him of trying to stir up the people against his government.

This journalist might have a very difficult task cos he appears alone in the fight to expose the decay in Abia State. His colleagues who came with him on this inspection were quickly bribed by T.A and awarded lucrative contracts to keep them shut. But he plans to involve the BBC and CNN to beam the story of Abia to the world s

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by asha80(m): 1:15am On Sep 21, 2012
sleekcm: Let me just share this briefly. I took a bus from Aba to Lagos on Tuesday and there was a journalist who came on inspection/fact-finding mission to Abia State in that same bus. He made some mind-blowing revelations. I never knew the problem of Abia was that big. T.A Orji is a major reason why Abia is backwards but he isn't the only one. It was T.A who made Orji Uzor Kalu governor. He rigged him in - when he was Abia INEC chairman - or whatever they called it back then. It was T.A who introduced Orji Uzor Kalu to Okija Shrine things. T.A also taught Orji how to be mean. It's only natural that Orji Uzor Kalu had to show appreciation by rewarding him with Abia State for 4 years. Jonathan ensured he came back through massive rigging using the shameless traditional Ezes' in the state. Now, this journalist alleges that there is a list of about 150 prominent Nigerians that T.A Orji and his army of bandits pays monthly to keep quiet about what's happening in the state. Top on this list is no other than the first lady - Dame Patience Jonathan- who is paid an unbelievable #300million/month.
[b]
Abia State receives a monthly allocation of #6billion naira + IGR of #3billion [/b]but T.A and his government of touts shares it out among themselves and uses the rest to keep some people quiet. That's why it's almost impossible for him to undertake any meaningful capital project. Unless you count sharing Keke Napep among his party thugs!

Now this journalist also confirmed a story I've heard severally in Aba and swept it aside as a common rumour. T.A recently bought a ship but had some problems. He involved Orji Uzor Kalu to help secure the transaction by paying a LITTLE sum of #45billion into his account! Well Orji Uzor thanked his stars and banked the money! End of story! Money lost. No ship.

These are just some of the reasons why T.A Orji can never develop or construct the roads in Abia State. His government is a giant corruption circus, well backed by Jonathan and his wife.

These NBA Aba branch members were not just protesting against the state of roads in Aba but also against the arrest of a member who dared to write articles against the poor state of governance in the state. Trust T.A and his thugs, they quickly arrested him and accused him of trying to stir up the people against his government.

This journalist might have a very difficult task cos he appears alone in the fight to expose the decay in Abia State. His colleagues who came with him on this inspection were quickly bribed by T.A and awarded lucrative contracts to keep them shut. But he plans to involve the BBC and CNN to beam the story of Abia to the world s

hmmmm
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by PROUDIGBO(m): 1:48am On Sep 21, 2012
Abia state is finished, and anyone coming in after that visionless orji of a man really has his work cut out for him; he has to start from scratch and create the foundations for a new state, with a new spirit and values.

Abians should come out on the streets NOW for a revolution to remove that analogue/antiquated man from office before their case goes from 'ground level' to 'underground level'; you think things are bad now?....wait till 2015 (if that man is still in office till then) and see just how irredeemable Abias' case would be; if they're waiting for members of the state assembly to do the right thing and impeach him, then i'm afraid they're on a long thing as those chiseling crooks masquerading as right honourables are already bought and in orjis' pocket!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 2:37am On Sep 21, 2012
Damn! This is inexcusable considering the fact he's serving a second term!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Sep 21, 2012
asha 80:

haven't you noticed that it seems to be one road you are posting here?

as for the topic too bad aba residents have to put up with this for 3 more years.

I was going to say the Same thing. I would rather we be shown Omuma road, Aria-ria, Ugbor, ahia ngwa road, faulks, and many of those roads we have come to know as some of the poorest in the state.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by conyema12(m): 5:25am On Sep 21, 2012
gsalvatore: No too much talk, TA orji is doing nothing, I can tell you confidently that about 89% of roads in Aba are fvcked, those picture gives u almost a clear image of how Aba roads are. Faulks road is shyte,Osusu is bullshyte,Umule road is Dogshyte,Umuocham road is Catshyte,Abayi Ariara is Holyshyte,PH road is beautiful Shyte,Ngwa road is Tourist shyte,ohanku road is Lizard shyte,Aba owerri road is Ratshyte,Powerline road is dinosaur shyte,Azikiwe road is magarita shyte,UkwuMango is Orji shyte,Erondu road is a classic shyte,omuma road is Medieval shyte,Milverton is macopolo shyte,Uratta is chicken shyte,Mosque road is boko shyte, this list can go on till after election....infact prove me wrong @afam4eva.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Odunnu: 5:33am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva: Someone just takes a picture of a particular place in Aba and uploads it as a true representation of Aba. Yes, we know Aba is bad but not this bad and not everywhere. When i went to Aba 3 years ago, i was trying very hard to find the dirty Aba i kept hearing and seeing all over the internet but i couldn't find any. Even Ogbor hill that seems like a middle to lower-class neigbourhood is not that bad.
Abeg abeg, dont go there. Aba is worse than the pictures up there. In other words, the pictures do Aba good.
Terrible city!
The governor should be stoned to death.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Bushasha(m): 5:33am On Sep 21, 2012
will you keep quiet. You must not comment about things you nothing about.aba is even worst that what you saw on the picture.shamelessly collect the few naira T.A gives you

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by conyema12(m): 5:36am On Sep 21, 2012
Abagworo:

Why all the curse? I actually went into Aba from Alaoji and came out from Osisioma. I took pictures with my phone and did not see the bad spots. If they are spoilt now, why can't you correct me by posting pictures rather than behaving like an illiterate. I have always condemned Orji but I cannot lie about what I saw.

sorry if u took it then wrong way. I was only expressing my emotions. That place is completely bad and other ppl have confirmed that as well.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 5:53am On Sep 21, 2012
Hackin: epileptic goat
Your mother is a she-goat!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by wondaboi2010(m): 6:03am On Sep 21, 2012
Bros if u say all these then U're not a good man. I am a witness. To the bad governance in abia state and the state is dead.
afam4eva:
You're yet to see a descent picture of Aba because the one's you've seen are the only pictures that can paint Aba as it's known to popular wisdom. Of course, we can't compare the senerity of Aba to those of Enugu, Owerri, Uyo or Calabar but it has some decent(average) places just like every other average city. Those pictures are not only astronomical but were taken in the eyes of mischief makers with a camera purchased from hell and produced by satan with materials assembled by his demons.
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by DinhoMVP: 6:04am On Sep 21, 2012
I thought no one wld say or do something abt dse visible high level wickednes/bad governance in abia state...even d fed.roads in abia state r in a vry sory state...Jst last friday i ws stuck in traffic jst b4 tonimas along aba-ph xpress frm 8pm-1am & d xcuse ws dat its a fed road...bt other fed roads dt links 2 abia state r bn constructd by d indigenous state govs like akpabio chime amaechi & rochas...a tour around d streets of aba makes me sick!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 21, 2012
@afam4eva,you are a big traitor to Nigerians,infact you ought to be ban from this forum,is it until the people die you will know that Abia state is in a coma....you need a serious brain transplant,and a working new set of eyes.....with your post,I guess you are a politician,or a boothlicker.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 21, 2012
Thank God people are waking up. T.A Orji is incapable and unfit to rule Abia State, I have never seen a worst city like Aba infact it is the worstest city in Nigeria as a matter of fact.

T.A Orji should resign because they cry of the people has reached th EAR of God. When ever I visit Aba I can't help wondering if T.A Orji is a human being at all. Tufiakwa
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abali1(m): 6:24am On Sep 21, 2012
Abagworo: I started taking pictures from alaoji through Aba town hall to Osisioma. About 40 pictures. That was last year May. I've not been to Aba since then, so if the roads are worse off, I cannot know unless you guys show us.

My dear, the pictures you took even as of last year is very deceitful. I believe the first one is after Aba town hall, cos I can see the rotary monument near Union Bank. The second, third and last pictures are the same road, that is Aba Owerri road, just before Ahia Umungasi.
Like I said, even as of last year the same roads you took their pictures have started detoriating.
T.A. Orji is deliberately punishing Aba people cos they refused to support him during the 2011 election run up. But it is well... Cos his case will be worse off than that of Ibori...
Abia, nay Aba, survived the regime of mamacracy, they survived the rain of terror of the mafia boys in the late 1990's, they survived the kidnapping era of the deadly Osisi ka nkwu... They will also survive the wicked administration of T.A. Orji

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 21, 2012
Promolysis: abia pple are suffering 4 their ignorance, even the holy bible posit dat my pple perish cuz of ignorant. During the last election majority of dem are making fool of demselves dat dey can only cast ther vote 4 gej aftawhich dat wot eva t.a orji wnt 2 do he shud go ahead n do it

Guy the reason people said that is because there was no credible candidate, who did you want them to vote for? Is it Ikonne's son in ACN that one is even worser than T.A Orji, I hope you knew what he did when he was made an ordinary commissioner that made Abia resident kick him out.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abali1(m): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abali1(m): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2012
sleekcm: Let me just share this briefly. I took a bus from Aba to Lagos on Tuesday and there was a journalist who came on inspection/fact-finding mission to Abia State in that same bus. He made some mind-blowing revelations. I never knew the problem of Abia was that big. T.A Orji is a major reason why Abia is backwards but he isn't the only one. It was T.A who made Orji Uzor Kalu governor. He rigged him in - when he was Abia INEC chairman - or whatever they called it back then. It was T.A who introduced Orji Uzor Kalu to Okija Shrine things. T.A also taught Orji how to be mean. It's only natural that Orji Uzor Kalu had to show appreciation by rewarding him with Abia State for 4 years. Jonathan ensured he came back through massive rigging using the shameless traditional Ezes' in the state. Now, this journalist alleges that there is a list of about 150 prominent Nigerians that T.A Orji and his army of bandits pays monthly to keep quiet about what's happening in the state. Top on this list is no other than the first lady - Dame Patience Jonathan- who is paid an unbelievable #300million/month.

Abia State receives a monthly allocation of #6billion naira + IGR of #3billion but T.A and his government of touts shares it out among themselves and uses the rest to keep some people quiet. That's why it's almost impossible for him to undertake any meaningful capital project. Unless you count sharing Keke Napep among his party thugs!

Most of the things you wrote are not just mere whisperings of market women/ rumuors (though it will be hard to prove) but the truth about T.A. Orji's administration. The ship deal is the reason why so many workers/civil servants in the employ of Abia state have not been paid for up to 3 months now.
The election story of 1999 is just an open secret well known to anybody who pays attention to Abia state politics.
Of course Mrs Dame Patience Jonathan is the Ada di ora nma of Abia state... So I would say that story about paying may not just be a wild rumour...(Though I have not heard about that one ohhh)

But like I said... Abians will survive the rule of T.A. Orji

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by conyema12(m): 7:14am On Sep 21, 2012
Abali1:

My dear, the pictures you took even as of last year is very deceitful. I believe the first one is after Aba town hall, cos I can see the rotary monument near Union Bank. The second, third and last pictures are the same road, that is Aba Owerri road, just before Ahia Umungasi.
Like I said, even as of last year the same roads you took their pictures have started detoriating.
T.A. Orji is deliberately punishing Aba people cos they refused to support him during the 2011 election run up. But it is well... Cos his case will be worse off than that of Ibori...
Abia, nay Aba, survived the regime of mamacracy, they survived the rain of terror of the mafia boys in the late 1990's, they survived the kidnapping era of the deadly Osisi ka nkwu... They will also survive the wicked administration of T.A. Orji

amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Recovering Stolen Funds Has Become Tedious—buhari / Presidency Denies Ordering The Probe Of Emir Sanusi And Prof. Soludo / Hijab: 10 Kwara Schools To Remain Shut For Safety Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.