Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:32 AM

Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba (16377 Views)

Women And Female Lawyers Protest Rising Cases Of Rape In Kano(photos) / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by express101: 7:26am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva: Someone just takes a picture of a particular place in Aba and uploads it as a true representation of Aba. Yes, we know Aba is bad but not this bad and not everywhere. When i went to Aba 3 years ago, i was trying very hard to find the dirty Aba i kept hearing and seeing all over the internet but i couldn't find any. Even Ogbor hill that seems like a middle to lower-class neigbourhood is not that bad.
I was there last week; it is decayed. Terrible! Pools of water everywhere, potholes...some roads are practically closed, for instance, Eziukuwu end of Milverton Ave, where most transport coys have terminals
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 21, 2012
You guys should stop attacking AFAM4EVA have you all forget that he once said he created websites for a politician ho has bad reputations online in order to push the sites with the politicians bad reputation away from the 1st page of google. Who knows if that Politician is T.A Orji so don't be surprised that he is working for him.

Afam i challenge you to show me the picture of a single decent road in Aba
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by anicho(m): 7:54am On Sep 21, 2012
*sad* *crying* it's a pity orji is disgracing God's own state. He is a failed human, & needs to see a psychologist 4 a brain check. SMH 4 orji
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by eldagaius(m): 8:05am On Sep 21, 2012
The picture Is very real. You aint seen nothing yet. Ask people the condition of the following state owned roads: Ehere rd, Umuola rd, Ukaegbu road, Umuole rd, Ngwa rd, Azikiwe rd, Osusu rd, Obohia, Faulks. Leave matter, abeg!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by nkemKalu: 8:13am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva: Someone just takes a picture of a particular place in Aba and uploads it as a true representation of Aba. Yes, we know Aba is bad but not this bad and not everywhere. When i went to Aba 3 years ago, i was trying very hard to find the dirty Aba i kept hearing and seeing all over the internet but i couldn't find any. Even Ogbor hill that seems like a middle to lower-class neigbourhood is not that bad.
U are a mad man ....Simple and short. How much did T. A. Orji pay you to come here and blab...rubbish. U went to Aba 3years ago and u did not know people went there just last two days. Please, if u don't know what to say....just close ur mouth. ABA IS SURELY WORST THAN WHAT U SEE IN THE PIX HERE....HAVE U BEEN TO OHANKU ROAD, OBOHIA ROAD,AND MANY ADJOINING STREETS IN THE TOWN OF ABA....U WILL SIMPLY UNDERSTAND THAT ABA IS WORST THAN WHAT U ARE SEEING IN THE PIX.

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Sirgee1: 8:16am On Sep 21, 2012
Abagworo: Is this picture real? Someone should confirm it

The state of Aba looks beta on picture than in reality my broda my frnd !!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Turbocharged: 8:22am On Sep 21, 2012
Abagworo: Is this picture real? Someone should confirm it
The pix are just a tip of the iceberg. You need to go and see for urself.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by ebere1712: 8:28am On Sep 21, 2012
What can Abians do about this. Let us find a solution. Please Abians take more pictures so we can fight in anyway possible to nail that bastard. Even if the monthly allocation and tax is not enough. Collect more tax. We need to hold these people responsible. I am tired of them. I wonder if some of these people are actually humans. What sort of riches are you looking for, to subject you fellow Abians to this filth. Aba for more than 10 years has had no federal or state infrastructural project, yet the indigenes are paying their taxes. T.A orji what is your excuse?
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by ebere1712: 8:43am On Sep 21, 2012
Food for thought.
Do you know that Orji Uzo kalu charged people who wanted to build roads leading to their companies/home; for levies. His excuse was that if you wanted to do anything with state property, you have to pay the government.

Do you know that orji uzo kalu built death traps (gigantic holes in the middle of the roads), which claimed the lifes of many cyclists and children. What have Abians ever done to anyone to deserve this treatment from both state and federal government.

Do you know that Orji Uzo kalu demanded that people miscellaneously pay the government "according to the height of their houses". Those who did not pay were constantly hounded by his touts. The police in Abia were complicit with him. He had no competition. A lot of business people left Aba because of him.

All this things and more happened in his tenure and people were left to resort to jungle justice to fight crime. Is there a plan somewhere to destroy Aba. The Enyimba people that I know can rebuild Aba without a sweat.

If Theodore orji is really worse than his mentor (Orji Uzo Kalu). Then Theodore is even worse than the devil as we know it. Theodore ORJI MUST GO!!!!!!!!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Wislet(f): 8:44am On Sep 21, 2012
U visited Aba 3yrs ago? How do u know what Aba is like now?
You are being shown hard facts of how that city is right now, and here u are making excuses.
Don't bring down the wrath of More enlightened people upon urself.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by ebere1712: 8:47am On Sep 21, 2012
Aba is a great commercial city with a great potential. Feeding millions of families with its productivity. Why neglect Aba. Why neglect the enyimba city. No Infrastructural development for a city that have birthed some of the greatest humans. We need better Infrastructure now!!!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Wislet(f): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
You're yet to see a descent picture of Aba because the one's you've seen are the only pictures that can paint Aba as it's known to popular wisdom. Of course, we can't compare the senerity of Aba to those of Enugu, Owerri, Uyo or Calabar but it has some decent(average) places just like every other average city. Those pictures are not only astronomical but were taken in the eyes of mischief makers with a camera purchased from hell and produced by satan with materials assembled by his demons.
hahahahahaa.
This man u need help.
Maybe ur work is to lie , or are u working closely with....... ...... Mmmmh.
Be careful.
Do not lie ur way through life, even when the truth is obvious to a blind man.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Eefhay: 8:53am On Sep 21, 2012
waooo...so there is a decent place like this in aba... aba is shit... if u wanna hv d worst experienc of ur life, go for shoppng in thier international market u will hate ur self...
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by ebere1712: 8:53am On Sep 21, 2012
Better road networks (sustainable ones with adequate drainage). Clean Environment and dependable Electricity (We would pay for it). Why cant theodore orji's administration rub minds with its citizenry (that it represents). Table the problem for us to see and solve. Theodore orji Aba is calling you out, explain yourself. If you don't, you bring shame to not only yourself, but your family.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by emsquare(m): 9:11am On Sep 21, 2012
Ok!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 21, 2012
ebere1712: What[b] can Abians do about this. Let us find a solution. Please Abians take more pictures so we can fight in anyway possible to nail that bastard.[/b] Even if the monthly allocation and tax is not enough. Collect more tax. We need to hold these people responsible. I am tired of them. I wonder if some of these people are actually humans. What sort of riches are you looking for, to subject you fellow Abians to this filth. Aba for more than 10 years has had no federal or state infrastructural project, yet the indigenes are paying their taxes. T.A orji what is your excuse?

I support this,Pls if you rae in UMUAHIA and ABA, take the picture of these bad place and paste on NL
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 21, 2012
Afam , I am Abian , You don shiit for church, Oya Apologies for trying to defend that devil called Orji.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 9:43am On Sep 21, 2012
I just logged in a few minutes ago only to find comments that are targetted at my person which are laced with insults and childish stutterings. Now i see the reason why Nigeria was listed among the countries with the most educated illiterates. It's a shame that English language has become one of our greatest undoing because people find it diffcicult understanding basic and simple English positions. There's no where in my post where i posited that Theodoore Orji aka Ochendo aka Anu ofia aka anumanu has done well. Infact, i give him the title of the worse thing ever to come to Nigeria just behind the civil war and Sani Abacha. In as much as i believe that we should highlight the misdeeds that he has meted out to Ndi Abia in the name of leadership, we should learn not to exxagerate issues. Yes i agree Aba is bad, infact very bad and dirtily embaarrasing. But what you people are telling me now is that there's no part of that city that has any semblance to normalcy or posseses a glimmer of hope whatsoever...i find that very hard to believe because like i said when i was in Aba 3 years ago, though i didn't go round the city, the few areas where i found myself were not bad. Some areas were bad but not as bad as it's being painted on this thread. Everyone knows that Aba is known for it's dirtiness and it has gotten worse with the emergence of Theoodore orji as governor but you have to understand that i can go to ABA GRA and other high brow areas of the city, take pictures of those places and paint it as a true representation of the city. I think that's exactly what the OP has done just that it's in the opposite. We can all agree that most parts of Aba is a cagey macabar dance but for to agree that every nook and cranny of Aba is that embarrassing, we'll have to agree to disagree. Btw, i wonder why after seeing the embaraasement that is Theo orji, Abians still trooped out in their numbers to vote for this man. Is it that they couldn't see that this mand knows next to nothing about governance or that most Abians themselves are aloof to the condition of the state like someone posited.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Afam , I am Abian , You don shiit for church, Oya Apologies for trying to defend that devil called Orji.
I'll like you to quote where i tried to defend ekwensu.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Afam4eva(m): 9:52am On Sep 21, 2012
Abagworo:

I also visited Aba last year and did not see these places. Searched and searched but could not find. Maybe the pictures were taken from some slum settlements within the city. Even on Sahara reporters pictures , I could not find a thing like the pix posted here. I shared some of the pix but someone told me the roads are bad presently. For the benefit of doubt could someone in Aba post a picture taken by him on a major road?

Here are some pictures I took when I was entering and when I was leaving the city.
Most of the places i went to in Aba were just like these pictures you posted. I was looking for the location of these atrocious pictures that i've been seeing but couldn't find any. I even had to ask one Aba boy and he told me to go to Ariaria.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by zeal500: 9:53am On Sep 21, 2012
TA ORJI is the worst governor of all time(s)
he is just a big mistake to man kind esp his family
Abia is groaning under him and if i were them that should do something drastic........something that will shake 9ja
Trust me Abians will never miss him.....a mistake of a governor
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by bigmazi: 9:55am On Sep 21, 2012
IN MY 25 YRS IN ABA, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ABA AND ITS ENVIRONS IN SUCH A DEGENERATED STATE.THIS IS ABSOLUTE CALLOUSNESS FROM MAN TO HIS FELLOW MAN;COME TO THINK OF IT FROM A GOVERNOR IN THIS CASE. I OFTEN WONDER WHAT T.A. ORJI CAME OUT TO DO AS A LEADER/GOVERNOR? ABIA IS THE WORST STATE IN AFRICA. DO YOU KNOW ABA IS SO DETERIORATED I NEVER TELL STRANGERS I MEET WHEN I TRAVEL TO OTHER TOWNS OUTSIDE ABIA THAT I LIVE IN ABA.

T.A. ORJI PLEASE WAKE UP. NO ONE DIES WITH MONEY. WITHOUT ANY HARD FEELINGS I WOULD LIKE TO ADVISE YOU HERE. PLS OGA GOV, YOU HAVE LOOTED MORE THAN ENOUGH MONEY FROM ABIA TREASURY THAT WOULD LAST YOU AND YOUR GRAND CHILDREN, grin grin lipsrsealed PLS REBUILD YOUR IMAGE BY REBUILDING THE DECAYING INFRASTRUCTURES IN ABA & ABIA. FILTHY WEALTH SUCKS. MONEY IS NOT EVERY THING RATHER GOOD NAME. I ASK HERE, AT YOUR AGE 65+ WHAT DO YOU NEED ALL THESE MONIES FOR
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by donchuzy: 9:56am On Sep 21, 2012
na God go punish T orji
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by ebere1712: 10:03am On Sep 21, 2012
Aba residents, don't tell me you have turned into toothless bulldogs. Deal with T.A orji and restore your dignity. How can one man with a few supporters, hold u lots in ransom. The pictures of your (our) streets are making history as one of the worst inhabited by humans. Enyimba boys please represent, you guys are fuc.king up big time. Teach him a lesson and nobody would f.ck with you guys or your children, like this, ever again.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by megxo(m): 10:07am On Sep 21, 2012
dayokanu: Jesus Christ of Abakaliki.

This is a PDP state? No wonder most Aba indigenes cant stay there
NOT PDP
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Kobojunkie: 10:11am On Sep 21, 2012
bigmazi: IN MY 25 YRS IN ABA, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ABA AND ITS ENVIRONS IN SUCH A DEGENERATED STATE.THIS IS ABSOLUTE CALLOUSNESS FROM MAN TO HIS FELLOW MAN;COME TO THINK OF IT FROM A GOVERNOR IN THIS CASE. I OFTEN WONDER WHAT T.A. ORJI CAME OUT TO DO AS A LEADER/GOVERNOR? ABIA IS THE WORST STATE IN AFRICA. DO YOU KNOW ABA IS SO DETERIORATED I NEVER TELL STRANGERS I MEET WHEN I TRAVEL TO OTHER TOWNS OUTSIDE ABIA THAT I LIVE IN ABA.
Really? have you been in Aba in the 24 years before the most recent? That city hasn't been anything to write home about at least since 1993.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abali1(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
Most of the places i went to in Aba were just like these pictures you posted. I was looking for the location of these atrocious pictures that i've been seeing but couldn't find any. I even had to ask one Aba boy and he told me to go to Ariaria.

Afam, yes some places poses a semblance of normalcy. But those place are areas where the minutest percentage of Aba citizenry drive through every day.
Am talking about places like Ekenna street(even though it has started developing huge pot holes); The road leading from Aba north LG council to Uche street, the PZ road, the road leading to teaching hospital off Aba owerri road(also it has started developing huge pot holes) Immacualte heart road(even though the junction is very bad right now).

Am sure it was one of these areas that you must have been through... Take it from me, Aba major roads are in a deplorable condition(that is putting it mildly).

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by bigmazi: 10:16am On Sep 21, 2012
@Afam4eva, my brother we actually do comprehend your grammar what i see here is that its you who doesn't understand the current nature of the situation in Aba at the moment & its environs. Your last visit to this place (Aba) was 3yrs ago right? I implore you pay us a visit within this month or next, i bet you shall start a crusade/revolution against the T.A Orji govt.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:18am On Sep 21, 2012
Do you all know what's gonna happen in 2015 (that's if that man is still in office till then)?......orji, like his predecessor, is going to look for another 'orji' to replace him as governor to cover his arrse from probes and prosecution.....and knowing the ambivalence and nonchalance of Abians in finding and supporting a credible candidate at any level in state politics, he will succeed. wink

Hence the rot will continue well after 2015, mark my words!!!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by bigmazi: 10:23am On Sep 21, 2012
bigmazi: [color=#990000]IN MY 25 YRS IN ABA, I HAVE NEVER SEEN ABA AND ITS ENVIRONS IN SUCH A DEGENERATED STATE.THIS IS ABSOLUTE CALLOUSNESS FROM MAN TO HIS FELLOW MAN;COME TO THINK OF IT FROM A GOVERNOR IN THIS CASE. I OFTEN WONDER WHAT T.A. ORJI CAME OUT TO DO AS A LEADER/GOVERNOR? ABIA IS THE WORST STATE IN AFRICA. DO YOU KNOW ABA IS SO DETERIORATED I NEVER TELL STRANGERS I MEET WHEN I TRAVEL TO OTHER TOWNS OUTSIDE ABIA THAT I LIVE IN ABA. [/color]
Really? have you been in Aba in the 24 years before the most recent? That city hasn't been anything to write home about at least since 1993.

I STILL LIVE IN ABA grin
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by obicentlis: 10:28am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva: I just logged in a few minutes ago only to find comments that are targetted at my person which are laced with insults and childish stutterings. Now i see the reason why Nigeria was listed among the countries with the most educated illiterates. It's a shame that English language has become one of our greatest undoing because people find it diffcicult understanding basic and simple English positions. There's no where in my post where i posited that Theodoore Orji aka Ochendo aka Anu ofia aka anumanu has done well. Infact, i give him the title of the worse thing ever to come to Nigeria just behind the civil war and Sani Abacha. In as much as i believe that we should highlight the misdeeds that he has meted out to Ndi Abia in the name of leadership, we should learn not to exxagerate issues. Yes i agree Aba is bad, infact very bad and dirtily embaarrasing. But what you people are telling me now is that there's no part of that city that has any semblance to normalcy or posseses a glimmer of hope whatsoever...i find that very hard to believe because like i said when i was in Aba 3 years ago, though i didn't go round the city, the few areas where i found myself were not bad. Some areas were bad but not as bad as it's being painted on this thread. Everyone knows that Aba is known for it's dirtiness and it has gotten worse with the emergence of Theoodore orji as governor but you have to understand that i can go to ABA GRA and other high brow areas of the city, take pictures of those places and paint it as a true representation of the city. I think that's exactly what the OP has done just that it's in the opposite. We can all agree that most parts of Aba is a cagey macabar dance but for to agree that every nook and cranny of Aba is that embarrassing, we'll have to agree to disagree. Btw, i wonder why after seeing the embaraasement that is Theo orji, Abians still trooped out in their numbers to vote for this man. Is it that they couldn't see that this mand knows next to nothing about governance or that most Abians themselves are aloof to the condition of the state like someone posited.
My broda, I bet you to show me any road in Aba without pothole. Even the highbrow area of Aba is now getting worst. If you go to Ekenna now, potholes are springing up there now. Some are worst that others. The truth is that the pictures here are even clean to compare the real state of 90% of roads in Aba.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by kwibus7: 10:31am On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva:
You're yet to see a descent picture of Aba because the one's you've seen are the only pictures that can paint Aba as it's known to popular wisdom. Of course, we can't compare the senerity of Aba to those of Enugu, Owerri, Uyo or Calabar but it has some decent(average) places just like every other average city. Those pictures are not only astronomical but were taken in the eyes of mischief makers with a camera purchased from hell and produced by satan with materials assembled by his demons.

Dude - Afam or whatever you call yourself - you are f..kd up, you don't have an argument, do you know the meaning of the word "Astronimical"? You don't and you just use it without discretion, pictures don't lie so those pictures being taken by mischief has nothing to do with the facts we can see through the pictures. Stop talking like a semi-literate child - "camera purchased from hell and produced by satan with materials assembled by his demons" if the governor is your uncle, tell him to fulfill his mandate to the people, Aba roads are f..ked up, we all know it. (feel free to reply me with some stupid or abusive retort let me take you and your sponsors to the cleaners, i'm waiting for you...)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Commences Rehabilitation Work On Calabar-Ogoja Highway.Photos / 102 Elected Senators, 338 Reps Get Certificates Today / Olawepo Hashim: I Escaped Assasination Attempts And Driven Into Exile In 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.