Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba (16382 Views)

Women And Female Lawyers Protest Rising Cases Of Rape In Kano(photos) / (photos)ABA BAD Roads And People Suffering / One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by blexon: 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2012
God should save us frm TA orji. He is not doing anytin
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by kioboy(m): 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2012
TA Orji is a failure. Even in umuahia, we thankgod dat mbakwe really planed umuahia town very well in terms of drenage system, if nt most of d road there would been worst. He prefer to award road contracts to his son chinedu's company. Look at d poor job they did at timber road, aba rd, amuzukwu, even d much trumpeted dualization of bende rd, those roads are poorly constructed. D man is a total disappointment to ibeku clan.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by thelastPope(m): 6:54pm On Sep 20, 2012
pazienza:

Ngwa road is worst than those places shown in those pix, the only difference is that ngwa road is a busy road with business activities going on all around,while those places in those pics look deserted.

It shall never be well with T.A.

The major problem with aba is that the average Aba guy doesn't care for anyone or anything else but himself. Aba is no man's land. I am very impressed the Aba lawyers are doing this because I have always loathed the self centeredness of the Aba people. That is why their governments have always treated them the way they do. Nobody cares in Aba. You can be robbed and molested in broad daylight. You can't try many of the things you try in Aba in Onitsha not to talk of Enugu and Owerri.

Just to think this was the town where the women famously rebelled against the colonial masters and conquered makes me sad
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Everest9(m): 7:02pm On Sep 20, 2012
too bad cuz their governors is not doing anything at all
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva:
Anu evil forest...na you bron me abi, to tell me where i come from? Now, zuzuru si thread a puo.
am sorry for exchanging words with u,I thought you were a sane person.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by emyibe(m): 7:05pm On Sep 20, 2012
The situation in ABA is certainly worst than this
but think of it what do you expect in a state where there is no Governor.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Rizstar: 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2012
more. mind u dis is a road n nt a refuse dump

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by ifeci: 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2012
Wow! and dt b.a.s.tard T.A got a second term? r they people of Aba so blinded or did they vote at gun points? & dts a PDP state! SMH*
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by obicentlis: 7:15pm On Sep 20, 2012
thelastPope:

The major problem with aba is that the average Aba guy doesn't care for anyone or anything else but himself. Aba is no man's land. I am very impressed the Aba lawyers are doing this because I have always loathed the self centeredness of the Aba people. That is why their governments have always treated them the way they do. Nobody cares in Aba. You can be robbed and molested in broad daylight. You can't try many of the things you try in Aba in Onitsha not to talk of Enugu and Owerri.

Just to think this was the town where the women famously rebelled against the colonial masters and conquered makes me sad
You don't know Aba. How can say that? Where are you from to even comment on Aba? Aba is known for its brotherhood spirit where everybody behaves a govt. Aba resident do their security and that came be Bakassi boys of Aba. I was in seconday school when people forced the military governor, col. Moses Fasonya from his convoy to march through the flood. He did it. Kaii!, don't try Aba for that. Didn't you hear what the residents did to the governor @ Ojukwu burial. The gov was bullied and was thrown cachet water and he vowed not to build Aba.
They have killed the die head of Aba. The governor now bribe the york guys with Keke Napep.
Enyimba City will rise again!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Rizstar: 7:18pm On Sep 20, 2012
more

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Reference(m): 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva:
You're yet to see a descent picture of Aba because the one's you've seen are the only pictures that can paint Aba as it's known to popular wisdom. Of course, we can't compare the senerity of Aba to those of Enugu, Owerri, Uyo or Calabar but it has some decent(average) places just like every other average city. Those pictures are not only astronomical but were taken in the eyes of mischief makers with a camera purchased from hell and produced by satan with materials assembled by his demons.

But Afam. What does it take to dig a trench to get those pools of stagnant water moving even if those are the only bad spots... two hours with an excavator. For goodness sake this is Aba, not some backwater town. There must be something else at play. This is sad.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by thelastPope(m): 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
Rizstar: more. mind u dis is a road n nt a refuse dump

Please this is where I have to challenge you. First like I said before, TA Orji is doing a terrible job and there is really no defense for him but I will tell you straight that you are specifically taking pictures with a view to making things look worse than they are.

First of all, the captions on your pictures show they are campaign pictures so you must be an opposition party guy. Secondly, the last picture you just posted showed you zoomed in on a certain part of the road and emphasized that to give a general picture. I could do that for every state of Nigeria.

Having said that, I still submit TA is sleeping and needs to wake up.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abagworo(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2012
Reference:

But Afam. What does it take to dig a trench to get those pools of stagnant water moving even if those are the only bad spots... two hours with an excavator. For goodness sake this is Aba, not some backwater town. There must be something else at play. This is sad.

I also visited Aba last year and did not see these places. Searched and searched but could not find. Maybe the pictures were taken from some slum settlements within the city. Even on Sahara reporters pictures , I could not find a thing like the pix posted here. I shared some of the pix but someone told me the roads are bad presently. For the benefit of doubt could someone in Aba post a picture taken by him on a major road?

Here are some pictures I took when I was entering and when I was leaving the city.

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by thelastPope(m): 7:29pm On Sep 20, 2012
obicentlis:
You don't know Aba. How can say that? Where are you from to even comment on Aba? Aba is known for its brotherhood spirit where everybody behaves a govt. Aba resident do their security and that came be Bakassi boys of Aba. I was in seconday school when people forced the military governor, col. Moses Fasonya from his convoy to march through the flood. He did it. Kaii!, don't try Aba for that. Didn't you hear what the residents did to the governor @ Ojukwu burial. The gov was bullied and was thrown cachet water and he vowed not to build Aba.
They have killed the die head of Aba. The governor now bribe the york guys with Keke Napep.
Enyimba City will rise again!

I know Aba very well. I agree that they did good when during Ikemba's burial but I also know what am talking about. The traders can come together sometimes to complain but the entire state is divided. In any divided state, the governor can go unchallenged because he only has to use divide and conquer tactics. That has been the problem of Delta state for long. I know when Bakassi started and it was by the traders who wanted to protect their business. But in Aba town itself, you are on your own.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Soglad(f): 7:29pm On Sep 20, 2012
Gonzaga1010: Aba is really gud
u said aba is gud, i believe u dont live in aba. Is it ngwa rd or ohanku road or obohia road or portharcourt road just to mention but a few.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by eruditescholar1(m): 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva: Someone just takes a picture of a particular place in Aba and uploads it as a true representation of Aba. Yes, we know Aba is bad but not this bad and not everywhere. When i went to Aba 3 years ago, i was trying very hard to find the dirty Aba i kept hearing and seeing all over the internet but i couldn't find any. Even Ogbor hill that seems like a middle to lower-class neigbourhood is not that bad.
chineke kpokwa gi oku for saying that Aba is not that bad. My nusery school was in Aba, primary school at cameroun barracks aba, secondary-all saint aba, tertiary abia poly aba and ABSU still in Abia state. i've stayed here all my life. I bet u,that picture is even a glorified Aba. I will soon download pics frm Ngwa road, jubilee road frm no 1, amaogbonna rd,ukegbu rd,azuka, opobo junction to that mainstreet bank, in fact all the trunck c roads are bad. The only good road is that ogbor hill road frm bata to azuka junction which mbakwe built. Even the roads constructed by uzor kalu could not be rehabiliteted. I packed my car now owing to the hideous condition of the roads. I cant wait for 2015. I cant even wish my worst enemy to be governed by that demon called T.A orji. I wish the likes of fashola, amaechi and akpabio to come rescue the first town that women like magaret ekpo protested against bad government policy. Please moderator, help us save this comercial city. Together we own it. May God save Abia state and prolong the life of the inventor of Naira land. Seun thank you for this forum. At least the voice of the common man could now be heard.

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by obicentlis: 7:31pm On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva:
Now, are you saying there are no decent places in Aba? Are you saying every corner and places of abode are covered in inexplicable dirt of rubbish?
Aba is worst than the picture above. There is no single road without pothole on it in Aba. I will bet my Appointment letter on this, come to Aba and show me the road. My street is now covered by grass and frogs have taken over the entire place. Even the so called Ekenna, GRA, are now bad. If you want to defend, plz be sure. Am in Aba right now. A journey of 10mins takes me one hour cos of bad road. I have to enter four keke to reach my office cos there is no road to bring out my car.
mind you that I pay infrastructural development level of 40k to the state govt agents. Heavy taxes to the residents plus intimidation by govt touts.
He is sponsoring Drug addicts as his boys with Arms. Forming another Boko Haram. A sincere warning to all who can listen so that he will be called to order.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Soglad(f): 7:35pm On Sep 20, 2012
ifeci: Wow! and dt b.a.s.tard T.A got a second term? r they people of Aba so blinded or did they vote at gun points? & dts a PDP state! SMH*
he was not voted in,he PDP RIGGED DE ELECTION
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by andyanders: 7:39pm On Sep 20, 2012
Rizstar: more

Nobi Lagos be this with Keke Maruwa?

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Abagworo(m): 7:40pm On Sep 20, 2012
obicentlis:
Aba is worst than the picture above. There is no single road without pothole on it in Aba. I will bet my Appointment letter on this, come to Aba and show me the road. My street is now covered by grass and frogs have taken over the entire place. Even the so called Ekenna, GRA, are now bad. If you want to defend, plz be sure. Am in Aba right now. A journey of 10mins takes me one hour cos of bad road. I have to enter four keke to reach my office cos there is no road to bring out my car.
mind you that I pay infrastructural development level of 40k to the state govt agents. Heavy taxes to the residents plus intimidation by govt touts.
He is sponsoring Drug addicts as his boys with Arms. Forming another Boko Haram. A sincere warning to all who can listen so that he will be called to order.

Please snap pictures of different places and show us. I went to Aba from Port Harcourt last year. I entered from Port Harcourt Road and left through Osisioma to see all these but I could not. The pictures I posted were taken with my phone. I don't know the State of the roads at the moment but please share with us at least those spots I took the pictures how they are at the moment.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2012
damn......dirty nna people!
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by remola04(m): 7:45pm On Sep 20, 2012
All the roads into Aba are in a terrible state. Either you enter from owerri/umuahia or port-harcourt or ikot-ekpene or azumini...they are all in a terrible condition and even the main town itself. Hardly would you find a good motorable road in the whole of the city. I just can't wait to conclude my biz here before I get the hell out of diz forsaken, dirty,deplorable town called ABA.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Reference(m): 7:48pm On Sep 20, 2012
Abagworo:

I also visited Aba last year and did not see these places. Searched and searched but could not find. Maybe the pictures were taken from some slum settlements within the city. Even on Sahara reporters pictures , I could not find a thing like the pix posted here. I shared some of the pix but someone told me the roads are bad presently. For the benefit of doubt could someone in Aba post a picture taken by him on a major road?

Here are some pictures I took when I was entering and when I was leaving the city.

Well, I'll be around there not too long. Let's see what's fact and what's fiction. Hmm.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Rescop: 8:00pm On Sep 20, 2012
Wow
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by denitro(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
WHISTLE BLOWER: TA Orji should just resign.

They voted him in, they should suffer...
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by DANILSA(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2012
1.The Governor is not on seat.
2.He has security challenge.
3.PPA attacked him.
4.His councillors stole money.
5.He is planting flower.
6.In papers his the best governor.
7.In paper Abia is better than Abuja.
No doubt Aba has good Areas,but this pictures are good compared to the bad ones.

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by eruditescholar1(m): 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2012
obicentlis:
thank u very much my brother. I can bet my OND,HND,PGDE and my MBBS. Aba is simply beating her last heart beat. How i wish this could bring a change. I rue for Aba the Enyimba city during orji uzor kalu's regime. At least kalu built from market road to ngwa road even the bridge that is named after him, omenazu,azuka, ukekgbu, ehere that my secondary school is,omuma, the stadium,etc. What has this one constructed from its virginity? All he can do is to award contracts of road patching to his son.
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by omayyi: 8:09pm On Sep 20, 2012
TBH the constant boasting of our igbo brothers on this forum is an empty one. WTH. Very terrible sights. Never seen anything as bad as this anywhere in Naija. Daaammmnn
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Rhapsody1(f): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2012
Aba is really a terrible state to live in terms of infrastructure. Terrible really is an understatement. I can attest to that. Sullivan Chime took his time not just with major roads but the street roads too. I dearly miss Enugu. I never had to worry when it rains. Roads in PH, especially the streets are mostly bad. When it rains...
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by Rescop: 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2012
Pls who will tell me how to locate cameroon street in aba from osisioma?
Re: Lawyers Protest Bad Roads In Aba by DANILSA(m): 8:13pm On Sep 20, 2012
ifeci: Wow! and dt b.a.s.tard T.A got a second term? r they people of Aba so blinded or did they vote at gun points? & dts a PDP state! SMH*
not gun point but nuclear point cry lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC / Centenary Project: Anyim Walks Out On Reps’ Probe Committee / APC Chairmanship: My Story – Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.