Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) (39328 Views)

Frank Edoho's Son With Wife Sandra Is A Big Boy Now / Frank Edoho's Wife, Sandra's Baby Shower (Pictures) / Frank Edoho Re-marries Secretly?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by desthan(m): 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2012
And peeps come hear ranting 2face, Charley boy etc. . . forgetting that on this stage called ''Earth'' we are nothing more that just ''Ordinary People''
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
The only time we unanimously condemn violence in this society is when one person ends up dead, as long as the victim is alive we try to blame them especially when the victim speaks out.
I am not just speaking on spousal violence but even violence against maids and children. We read on how a maid is bathed with acid or hot water for the smallest perceived offense and some come out and say " you dont know these maids, some of them are witches" " we are not oyibos, we are trying to help these children, some of them do not have food in their house", " some of these maids are so slow and they can make you shout".
We justify hitting and even killing traffic officers, we justify mob action on suspected criminals (guilty or not), we justify and applaud public fighting, we cheer when some one "beats up " another and say the other person deserves it, a lot of people excused it when Oyedepo slapped the little girl and even cursed the Lawyer that saw this was wrong. Like someone says, we are deep rooted in violence and excusing violent behavior, we need to start from there. Let us talk more and use our hands and fists less. Every sunday and Fridays we crowd churches and Mosques but during the week, we are angry aggressive people, what am I saying, most churches now are vengence centres where we go to fight and kill our enemies, some mosques also breed violence where we promote death to anyone who offends our religion. SO we have a very huge problem, bigger than we can imagine, this is beyond spousal abuse

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by tmontee: 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
berem: what proof do you have that they are lying? Do you know what they have passed through in the hands of their mean husbands for them to come out and let the world know their story? FYI,if you don't know Evelyn Edoho very well,she is a well known broadcaster and she is an anchor on AM Express on NTA! Who is Frank Edoho anyway? No one knew him not until WWTBAM became a favourite programme on TV.as I said earlier let him defend himself if he got nothing to hide!

You see, it is comments such as yours that betrays the hypocrisy hidden inside. Its so easy to point accusing fingers and apportion blames. Whilst I don't stasnd for physical abuse of one's spouse, I dare say your statement can be categorised as verbal abuse. Abuse is not only physical. You have emotional, verbal, mental and even spiritual abuse. Just how many of these are you guilty of? The man may have abused her physically but something must have triggered it. If this story is true, then both parties must take the blame. Afterall, a toad doesn't hop away in the daytime except something be after it.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by bknight: 1:27pm On Sep 24, 2012
Those ex-wives probably didn't even say these things undecided

Libel.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by tmontee: 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
Benez: So what happens when d woman strikes first. Beside my house is this gentle man. Anytime they quarrel, d wife raises her voice and pple including me would say that useless irresponsible man has started beating his wife again. Not until d laSt quarrel when d man mentioned that that was d first time of beating his wife since they got married over 20 yrs ago. The woman actually slapped him first and he responded several times. The woman did not fault her husband's claim. The man said that was not d first time of receiving such slap from his wife but that he responded like that so that pple could know what he haS been passing through.

This man is a victim of domestic violence, no doubt. Many a woman have driven their husbands to early graves because of what they spew from their mouths. Some men would even prefer to hang-out in bars after close of work until drunk enough to insulate themselves from the verbal abuse that awaits them at home. I do not support violence against women (domestic or otherwise) but I'm of the opinion that women play a very critical role in the home setup such that they can very easily control what happens in the home. When a woman stoops she will certainly conquer her man and make him do whatever she wants. Afterall it is said that the man is the head of the home and the woman the neck. Can the head move except the neck permits?
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by StateOfMind: 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2012
dreday: I honestly don't have the time or patience to read thru d whole thread, but it's infuriating to see some people justifying this abominable behaviour.I'm a man, I'm married. There is absolutely no reason in d world that justifies domestic violence. All who do so should be shot, they're on the same level with rapists and child-molesters.

Unfortunately my brother, most nigerian men do not even see a big deal in raping. We have to hear the other side of the story to be sure it wasn't consensual or it has to be the way the victim was dressed or it has to be rape is no big deal..its a 'quickie'..

I'm so sick of these nigerian men and the nigerian laws (if there are any) are not helping matters..

So many offences go unpunished..

Some just detest anything women naturally that I wonder if they dint pass through the hole of a woman or weren't nutured by a woman..

Most mothers have a whole lotta work to do on male children..
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by jpphilips(m): 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
nimi a: Na wa o..please what do we need the other side of the story for?? No man has the right to hit/beat a woman.

and its bequeated on a woman to become a perpetual nuisance?

Do you know how annoying some women get?

Making laws in your own house, using sex as a weapon, thinking she has arrived and since its marriage, its for better for worse whichever comes first,
disrespecting you before friends, woe betide you if you lose your job.

I can guess the anti abuse train has peeps that have never lived with women or those women as passengers,

why will i waste my energy beating some unrepentant bingo when some cute, younger blood need the same energy?

Why will i financially maintain a nuisance? Common sense dictates that at the very least, i will withdraw all my services and leave you in the cold.

Have you tried sending her out with that running mouth to spend the weekend with her friends?

I see abusers as people without common sense, cos its easier living alone than managing an annoying she.

Some women are evil, yea ive seen them a lot

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2012
]
BBDelta:

Question: Why did they decide to talk now? Of what importance is it? Does this have a positive impact on the society as far as matters of marital status are concern? What I expect is that they should have a message to share to young people on how to either wholeheartedly follow their husbands in trust and let their own ideologies be second or how to quickly take a decision and pull out of the marriage when faced with a situation like this instead of trying to damage the images of their ex husbands I cannot be deceived I have lived life above this.

If my ex girlfriend today becomes, the CEO of a multi national company, would I come to give a crazy testimony on how she had some strong will against mine during our courtship which lead to our breakup. Come-on guys, this is just some bullshiiiit testimony....

You would know the importance someday when most of you begin to spend years in kirikiri. It is just a matter of time.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
berem: I just weak! So out of all the educated and learned people in nigeria,there is no one else to anchor the programme except Frank Edoho? I don tire to see im face sef! When you see him on TV he looks so innocent as if he can't hurt a fly! Meanwhile he is a wife beater at home.
As for Zaki Adzey wey dey carry torch about,na im make rechargeable torch cost for market.
Wey dat KSolo sef wey dey beat im wife come dey form for us say na publicity stunt im dey do with im wife? Shame on them all!

Why una still dey run after these guys? Chop fame and money die!
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 24, 2012
Kobojunkie:

But 4Runner, I don't understand why you are only against Abuse when it happens to a woman but not to a man. I mean the world around you has learnt of and moved past making excuses for one sex over the other. I don't understand why you refuse to accept that ABUSE IS ABUSE . . . no matter who is involved. What special lecture do you need to know the message is ABUSE IS ABUSE?

I actually think you stupid that you allowed a stranger rob you of your comfort. only wonder ho many other times you have felt you needed to inconvenience your self so this woman/man next door can have a field day BREAKING THE LAW. She coming out to LIE about being the abuser will not change anything of the fact Abuse is wrong.

I saw all these from my mom against my dad. My dad is dead long ago but I still see my mom in every woman and am so scared to take one as a wife. Kinda reliving my dad's horrible life.Let women just find a way of knowing how biting and corrosive their mouths and horrible words are. How soothing they are to make a guy part with his savings is equally how bad to make him beat her or hang himself.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by dartsidius7(m): 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
mazaje: Nigerians and their wahala. . .I have stated this time and time again. . .Violence is a part of our society. . .Its is part of our DNA. Until we eschew violence then women can keep crying day and night, but the problem will never be sloved. . .The same women that complain about domestic violence are the same women that beat up their house helps, their younger ones and also encourage their elder children to beat up their younger ones all the time when they offend them. . .In our schools we are thought that violence is the only way when a person commits an offence, when a junoir student offends a senoir student the only answwr is violence, a students offends a teacher same thing, violence, when a younger brother/sister offends an elder brother/sister the answer is violence many parents encourage their elder siblings to discipline the younger ones with acts of violenve. . .Child offends parents, violence. . .Violence permeates our society. . .We encourage it every where. How do we expect it not to manifest in our homes. . .The society has thought us right from school and from our homes that if any subordinate offends you beat him/her up, we carry the same violence to our homes and offices. . .why won't there be excessive violence when the society teaches us that it is the only way to solve our problems when our subordinates offend us?. . . .The same women that grew up beating their house helps, younger brothers, younger sisters and younger cousins will come on nairaland and be forming "my husband beat me up". . .When you your self have been contributing to the circle of violence that is rife in our society all your lives. . .Make wuna carry go jare. . .

true talk.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by samkoro: 11:34pm On Sep 24, 2012
debrief08: I am so happy the code of silence is getting broken. People are living to tell the story, it is not "Beaten to death" story. Hopefully women and men in similar situation will see that they owe themselves and their kids their lives and a violence free home first more than keeping up apprearance and societal expectations of staying married even when the price to pay is a life

Wife beating is fully supported by the koran,just read the koran.It say a husband should beat his wife or children when they misbehave
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 24, 2012
samkoro:

Wife beating is fully supported by the koran,just read the koran.It say a husband should beat his wife or children when they misbehave
Surah please, show me where it says so, stop throwing words without backup. If the Holy Koran says so, show us the verse.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On Sep 24, 2012
^^^ What does Quran 4:34 say If you have the English version post here
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 3:13am On Sep 25, 2012
dayokanu: ^^^ What does Quran 4:34 say If you have the English version post here

Sahih International

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by dayokanu(m): 3:49am On Sep 25, 2012
jennykadry:

Sahih International

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], [size=18pt]forsake them in bed;[/size] and [finally], [size=18pt]strike them.[/size] But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

Forsake in bed does that mean deny sex? Well that wont work for me unless it means deny her the 3rd round As for the 2 rounds that one is constant

Ad the strike them hmmm
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 25, 2012
dayokanu:

Forsake in bed does that mean deny sex? Well that wont work for me unless it means deny her the 3rd round As for the 2 rounds that one is constant

Ad the strike them hmmm

That deny them in bed rule will not work on my husband grin
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nuzo1(m): 6:58am On Sep 25, 2012
Royou: For once we ashamed to be called MEN!

As fathers and mothers these are principles we should for all times live by and teach our sons, to learn and live with restraint no matter what happens!

Never hit a woman because she is always a princess, if she does other wise its mainly because we have created a situation she could be reacting to.

My apolologies on behalf of all MEN.

This hurts to listen to, Frank you fall my hand!!!!

Lol...oga abeg, apologize on behalf of yourself, your papa and all the men in your family. Cos not all men abuse women and stories like these are not always true.

As much as I have never liked the Frank guy; cos he comes off to me as arrogant and condecsending, its not be enough to believe what is said of him.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 25, 2012
jennykadry:

Sahih International

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Hmmm, Men to watch out for.
dayokanu:

Ad the strike them hmmm
Ashi 10 kobo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by archbishop(m): 7:50am On Sep 25, 2012
Helloo Nairalanders,
There are always TWO side to a STORY, so stop judging please...
Thank you.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by BBDelta(m): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2012
stillwater: ]

You would know the importance someday when most of you begin to spend years in kirikiri. It is just a matter of time.

What exactly are you talking? and who is spending years in Kirikiri, When a man and woman decide to stay in the same house as husband and wife and do things together, the day the cannot stay together and do things together again and if they cannot find a compromising ground and work together only one thing is left, any of them should call the shot and dissolve the marriage. They should not come hear and talk nonsense, was any of these women under a life treat not to pull of out the marriage when they could not handle it.

They should go and sleep, if the gains was not more than the losses they would have left long before.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 25, 2012
jennykadry:

Sahih International

Hmm. Islam makes a whole lot of sense afterall! Lol. I'm sure the 'modern' Muslim women would find a way to negate and refute this clear Quaranic message - just how their Christian counterparts negate the clear 'Submissiveness' message in the Bible.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 25, 2012

But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

I particularly like the part in bold. No rational man slaps anybody at the first provocation. Most supposedly 'violent' husbands become that way after repeated, unyielding, and incorrigible perversity on the part of their wives. Some would say 'why not simply divorce her'. We know it's not that easy. Send her back to her father's house and say you're no longer interested in the marriage, and her family would beg you to re-consider. If you are too stubborn, they would say that you are not 'mature' enough to manage a woman. What in God's name does that mean? Okay, when you finally take her back, the same cycle repeats itself until you are forced to administer one or two slaps at the height of provocation - and then you're tagged a 'wife beater'. It's a very terrible situation, and I insist that only women can decide whether they want a peaceful marriage or not. In most cases, the power is in their hands (and in their tongues).

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by lastpage: 11:14am On Sep 25, 2012
greateros: in as much as i empathize with the 'victimized' ladies, we should all understand that their are two sides to every story especially when it involves relationship.

Before passing judgement and calling names, its fair to hear the side of the other persons involved - women have a way of telling domestic violence stories to suite their sideundecided

am not married so don't crucify me lipsrsealed.

Dont mind "some" of these "silly women" who for lack of good upbringing, end-up destroying their own homes!

(l know some of them will still use the same "sharp tongue" on me for saying this...just watch!)

Any sensible person can even see through where the trouble lies, from the woman's own statement which l will "quote and analyze" below:

Obiang: Obiang who was once married to the 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' host, Frank Edoho said, "Just to dare to argue with your husband is like a challenge in your home. The woman is challenging the man and tempers flay and then you snap, then there is a slap. He says 'I am sorry it is a mistake' then says 'sorry I won't do it again,' then he does it again, again and again.

Arising Questions:

1.) Why argue violently with your husband, to the point where "Temper's flare"?

2.) Why not just 'take a deep breath' or sip a cup of water (this has often work for me when l am annoyed) and let "Tempers cool down"? Then re-visit the matter in a calm manner.

3.) In any "hot argument"....and "tempers will flare", one person must "calm down" otherwise it will lead to a fight!
It is called "confrontation" and war of "will".
Now, if l know that l cannot "physically over-power" someone, WHY would l "CHALLENGE HIM/HER" into 'heated argument leading to confrontation'?, l will be a fool not to know when to bark-out!

4.) But if l continue to the point of "provocation" (which is a natural progression of events in a heated argument/confrontation) ....and get smacked, is it not common sense to know that "l got it coming"?

5.) If l cant control my own temper, why do l expect the other person involved to be able to control his own?.......or dont we both have emotions and self control? Okay, he is a man and is supposed to be a "superior super man"?
No way, we are both equal!
If this woman repeats the same "provocation" with another "woman" outside, she will still get smirked! Or have we not seen a woman beating the hell out of another woman?
Men do same to each other when one dont know when to bark out of a confrontation!
Just common sense, not some ego! That's the "PLAIN BITTER TRUTH" of any fight.

6.) That the "man APOLOGIZED afterwards" shows that his actions are not "premeditated" but an "instantaneous reaction to provocation". He shows that he wishes not to have gone that far (in his heart), if not for being provoked beyond 'self control'.
In Physics, there is a universal law which says that "Action and Reaction are EQUAL and OPPOSITE"

You hit a wall, it hit you back, cos you feel the pain in your knuckles! You dont hit it, you dont feel that pain. S-I-M-P-L-E!

So, the simple and easiest solution to all these squabbles and violence in the family is for BOTH PARTIES to stop PROVOCATIVE ACTIONS that lead to "physical fights"!

Let the woman be a "woman" ....gentle, subtle, respectful, full of sweetness and endearing words! Not the aggressive, confrontational and insulting ones like that woman!

Also, let the man be "a man"......slow to anger, caring and full 'leadership' and 'headship' of his family!
Not some drunken pugilist or excessively domineering type.

In my own humble opinion, until women generally learn to "accept their place and position in a marriage", there will ALWAYS be trouble.
"Two Captains" in "One ship" is a recipe for disaster....."Time" has shown that to be true.

Lastpage!

BTW: Now, let me hear the 'bombs' flying back at me! tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by igbo2011(m): 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2012
cap28:

women who beat up their husbands are very much in the minority and not the norm amongst nigerians. You are always going to get one or two isolated cases of women who beat up their husbands but in no way is this as commonplace as nigerian men who beat up their wives.

@shymexx and cap28
I don't condone violence but you both have to understand that women hit men a lot in the west. I've been In relationships where mmy girlfriend would hit me but if I hit her back then I would be going to jail. Did you know that the most domestic violence cases are with lesbian couples?

I'm not saying go beat woomen up. I never have but women play a role in domestic violence too. Its just that men are stronger and police are more biased against men (especially black men). But these men who beat their women up to almost death are monsters. Unless a women tries to kill you then you shouldn't beat her up (oor a man) that bad either.

I'm not a sexist chaunvenist male. At all but us blacks worldwide need to get a fix on these gender relations. If you look at ancient africa men and woen fought together in many tribes. Also we were quite equal. Now with these European religions and ideoogies it has changed.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by lastpage: 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
o.obim:
Like seriously,people r asking for d other side of d story?What else wud b d other side of d story if not;'i beat her up because she nags,disrespects me bla bla'.wud he beat hs colleagus up if they disrespected him?I knocked 2 teeth out of my bro inlaw's mouth for beatn my sis,beast cudnt even throw 1 punch.na whr women dey,na there som men dey get power.*Spits in disgust fr som Nigerians*

And what does the "above" make you?
A Champion or some WBA Title holder?

You're just a BEAST, like the Beast who beat up your sister!

When does two wrongs (or better still, two ANIMALS) make a single right ( a sane person)?

And l can bet my balls that even you, will one day, become your wife-beater!
It is very evident in your statement that you're "Sadistic" (someone who derives joy in inflicting pain on others) by nature.

You're Lucky your brother in-law is an illiterate like yourself otherwise, for each teeth you knocked out (irrespective of WHY?), you will get at least seven (7) years prison sentence.

If you doubt it, go and ask a Lawyer.
I hope your brother in-law reads this and puts you where you belong: BEHIND BARS, like an Animal!

Ooh, you feel like beating me too, right? grin grin grin
Not on your life! tongue

Lastpage!
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by plendil: 8:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
lastpage:

Dont mind "some" of these "silly women" who for lack of good upbringing, end-up destroying their own homes!

(l know some of them will still use the same "sharp tongue" on me for saying this...just watch!)

Any sensible person can even see through where the trouble lies, from the woman's own statement which l will "quote and analyze" below:

Arising Questions:

2.) Why not just 'take a deep breath' or sip a cup of water (this has often work for me when l am annoyed) and let "Tempers cool down"? Then re-visit the matter in a calm manner.

3.) In any "hot argument"....and "tempers will flare", one person must "calm down" otherwise it will lead to a fight!
Now, if l know that l cannot "physically over-power" someone, WHY would l "CHALLENGE HIM/HER" into 'heated argument leading to confrontation'?, l will be a fool not to know when to bark-out!

4.) But if l continue to the point of "provocation" (which is a natural progression of events in a heated argument/confrontation) ....and get smacked, is it not common sense to know that "l got it coming"?

5.) If l cant control my own temper, why do l expect the other person involved to be able to control his own?.......or dont we both have emotions and self control? Okay, he is a man and is supposed to be a "superior super man"?
If this woman repeats the same "provocation" with another "woman" outside, she will still get smirked! Or have we not seen a woman beating the hell out of another woman?
Men do same to each other when one dont know when to bark out of a confrontation!

6.) That the "man APOLOGIZED afterwards" shows that his actions are not "premeditated" but an "instantaneous reaction to provocation". He shows that he wishes not to have gone that far (in his heart), if not for being provoked beyond 'self control'.
In Physics, there is a universal law which says that "Action and Reaction are EQUAL and OPPOSITE"

You hit a wall, it hit you back, cos you feel the pain in your knuckles! You dont hit it, you dont feel that pain. S-I-M-P-L-E!

So, the simple and easiest solution to all these squabbles and violence in the family is for BOTH PARTIES to stop PROVOCATIVE ACTIONS that lead to "physical fights"!

Let the woman be a "woman" ....gentle, subtle, respectful, full of sweetness and endearing words! Not the aggressive, confrontational and insulting ones like that woman!

Also, let the man be "a man"......slow to anger, caring and full 'leadership' and 'headship' of his family!

In my own humble opinion, until women generally learn to "accept their place and position in a marriage", there will ALWAYS be trouble.
"Two Captains" in "One ship" is a recipe for disaster....."Time" has shown that to be true.

Lastpage!

A big bottle of chilled stout for you.

2 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
lastpage:

And what does the "above" make you?
A Champion or some WBA Title holder?

You're just a BEAST, like the Beast who beat up your sister!

When does two wrongs (or better still, two ANIMALS) make a single right ( a sane person)?

And l can bet my balls that even you, will one day, become your wife-beater!
It is very evident in your statement that you're "Sadistic" (someone who derives joy in inflicting pain on others) by nature.

You're Lucky your brother in-law is an illiterate like yourself otherwise, for each teeth you knocked out (irrespective of WHY?), you will get at least seven (7) years prison sentence.

If you doubt it, go and ask a Lawyer.
I hope your brother in-law reads this and puts you where you belong: BEHIND BARS, like an Animal!

Ooh, you feel like beating me too, right? grin grin grin
Not on your life! tongue

Lastpage!

Lol. I wanted to address the hooligan's case, but I just let it go. Apart from the FACT that he acted sentimentally (because na my sister one 'bastard' beat), he failed to realise that the guy probably refused to hit back at him out of love for his wife - he was probably seeking a peaceful solution to the wahala. Not everyone is that 'loving' or conciliatory. Thankfully, I wasn't the in-law in question.
Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 26, 2012
lastpage - SMH its a real shame.

what do u call a man that doesn't even know his childs name. A saint right - or its my fault he doesn't know his childs name cos of my sharp mouth.

honestly I thank God I personally don't know people with this mindset.

If you honestly believe all women who are beaten destroyed their own home due to lack of upbringing then its a real shame to not address the very act that would put some people (men and women) in jail in other countries.

Lastpage - some abusers are just mentally sick - not all but some don't have any sort of conflict resolution skill set to talk about.

anyway i don't blame you i guess beating ur wife or husband is normal for u if the person "misbehaves"

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by miredia(m): 10:16am On Sep 26, 2012
lastpage:

Arising Questions:

Lastpage!

God go prosper you. Person wey talk say your water no go boil go kpai. Any man who ever raises a finger on a beautifully minded lady like this sure needs to be examined by a legion of psychiatrist. You are so sweet. I am naturally short tempered but trust me with a woman like this, my mumu switch is automatically ON.

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) by miredia(m): 10:35am On Sep 26, 2012
cotton101: lastpage - SMH its a real shame.

what do u call a man that doesn't even know his childs name. A saint right - or its my fault he doesn't know his childs name cos of my sharp mouth.

honestly I thank God I personally don't know people with this mindset.

If you honestly believe all women who are beaten destroyed their own home due to lack of upbringing then its a real shame to not address the very act that would put some people (men and women) in jail in other countries.

Lastpage - some abusers are just mentally sick - not all but some don't have any sort of conflict resolution skill set to talk about.

anyway i don't blame you i guess beating ur wife or husband is normal for u if the person "misbehaves"
. Madam pls listen, the man who supposedly doesn't know his child's name is utterly and profoundly irresponsible to say the least. Your alliance with this kind of character should make you liable for the resulting consequences. In the course of courting, you ideally should have pre-visioned craze since there would apparently be a hint to your spouse's imbalance. The signs are always subtle or emboldened but you ignore them either out of desperation or blinded love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burn Survivor, Ikendawg Releases Half Nude Photos To Promote Body Positivity / Klint Da Drunk Is The Father Of My Child - Sandra Novo Jacob / Six Celebrity Marriages That Crashed In 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.