Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (31382 Views)

The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka / Jonathan’s Igbo Internet Warriors Are A Disgrace To Humanity By C. Don Adinuba / Bringbackjonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx:

The Catholic Priests molested kids in the name of their God, hence why the Pope never punished them...

"Lawd Jesus, as I anally penetrate this young child, please don't let anyone find out. In Jesus Mighty Name I pray, Amen"
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
Why didn't all the Catholic Priests get thrown in the jails where they belong??

Molesting kids is a crime punishable by law, period...
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx: Lmaoo at this re.tard with a linear thought process talking about atheism... Just because I don't believe in medieval teachings of some allegories that's doesn't mean I'm an atheist...

God damn you are a dumb nigger. Do you not get that my post had nothing to do with atheism? My point is that the same mor0nic reasoning can be used to argue non-sensical things.

E.g., that some random atheist dude was doing whatever he was doing in the name of someone else, rather than for his own reasons.

In other words, your argument is terrible
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx: Why didn't all the Catholic Priests get thrown in the jails where they belong??

Molesting kids is a crime punishable by law, period...

Answer my fcking bloody question.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by OneNaira6: 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2012
Religion isn't a hinder to society or humanity but rather how ppl interpret and act out each religion is.
Buddaism is a clear example of a religion that have not provided a negative impact to the world. Christianity, despite attacking and insulting muslims today for their craziness, we had a hand in destruction of many past societies in this world. Remember the crusaders anyone. Is it what the bible taught us or rather how the crusaders interpreted the bible? The nazi justified their killings by illustrating it was the work of God. The neo-nazi till day believe the bible they read told them they are surperior. We equally attack gays on the sole purpose that God condemns it. Yet there are many of us in the world that are tolerant of them but still maintain our fate. Similar to islamic fanatics, I've couple of friends that are muslims, mostly north Africans and few yemens who till this day look down on each muslim fanatics but still maintain their fate. In over all, humans are built in to hurt eachother. Even if we remove religion from the equation, we will find something else to justify our destruction. It is not religion's doing, that is just an excuse.

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 9:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
"I am bringing glory to the name of God by having s3x with this young child."

Clearly, this was the thought process and motivation of those Catholic priests.

After all, any time a Christian does anything, it no doubt has religious motivations, yes?

I chose to have an omelette rather than cereal for this very reason...Jesus spoke to me this morning and told me that an omelette is what he'd prefer for me to have for my breakfast. And that if I eat cereal I'd risk damnation. But if I ate the omelette, I'd receive 77 virgins in heaven
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

Before I even go into this junk.

Prove the bolded!

Why does the Church cover-it-up, if it isn't part of their belief system?

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
There's no big crime, or small crime - a crime is a crime...

So, saying one religion is more evil than the other is baseless...

Especially when the two religions in question came from the same thing... undecided undecided
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx:

Why does the Church cover-it-up, if it isn't part of their belief system?

What I asked you to do was to prove your assertion it was done in the name of God.

I wait.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
One_Naira: Religion isn't a hinder to society or humanity but rather how ppl interpret and act out each religion is.
Buddaism is a clear example of a religion that have not provided a negative impact to the world. Christianity, despite attacking and insulting muslims today for their craziness, we had a hand in destruction of many past societies in this world. Remember the crusaders anyone. Is it what the bible taught us or rather how the crusaders interpreted the bible? The nazi justified their killings by illustrating it was the work of God. The neo-nazi till day believe the bible they read told them they are surperior. We equally attack gays on the sole purpose that God condemns it. Yet there are many of us in the world that are tolerant of them but still maintain our fate. Similar to islamic fanatics, I've couple of friends that are muslims, mostly north Africans and few yemens who till this day look down on each muslim fanatics but still maintain their fate. In over all, humans are built in to hurt eachother. Even if we remove religion from the equation, we will find something else to justify our destruction. It is not religion's doing, that is just an excuse.

So I think there is an element of this. Human beings are just mean by nature. So it doesn't make sense to attribute many of the bad things people do to their religion.

After all, if I run a red light or something, Christianity probably shouldn't be blamed for that.

However, in my opinion, certain religions encourage and enhance the baser instincts of humanity (Islam being a prime example of this), while others promote the positive instincts of humanity (Mormonism being a pretty good example of this, imo).
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

What I asked you to do was to prove your assertion it was done in the name of God.

I wait.

Who do they pray to??

Are they not the leaders of the Church??
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
shuddyy:

Guy you are a disappointment! And to think I used to see you as intelligent! I think u may still be considered averagely intelligent ...

you have now earned the mindless fury of the fucktardamite, I think they call him.

you'll be called "person", basically one way but like 18,000 times. sometimes twice in one post. and it is supposed to render all your arguments and facts you rely on meaningless.

I hope you have patience.

sorry, you hear sad
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
The Church is the house of God, and Priests are God's representative in human form... So, whatever they do, they do it in the name of God, period...
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx:

Who do they pray to??

Are they not the leaders of the Church??

You are a person!

So because they are leaders of the Church, if they take a bus it was done in the name of God?

You are a person!

So because they are leaders of the Church, if they smoke it was done in the name of God?

You are a person!

So because they are leaders of the Church, if they have eggs for breakfast it was done in the name of God?

FOOOOOL! Did you practice the great, beautiful, archiac, time-resilient art called "thinking" before you vomitted your moronic opinions?

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2012
The priest farted in the name of God, no doubt.

The Pope likes the color blue, therefore this is the official color of Jesus
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
But what if the previous Pope favors red over blue Does this mean God changed his color preferences?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
F00028:

you have now earned the mindless fury of the fucktardamite, I think they call him.

you'll be called "person", basically one way but like 18,000 times. sometimes twice in one post. and it is supposed to render all your arguments and facts you rely on meaningless.

I hope you have patience.

sorry, you hear sad

You are a person!

The day you learn what facts are, that day will be the day they have Xtian mass in Mecca.

Cretin!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 9:19pm On Sep 25, 2012
ekt_bear: But what if the previous Pope favors red over blue Does this mean God changed his color preferences?

Don't mind the cretin!

And these kinds of fooooools have a right to vote!

Abhorrent!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
LOL and some of these men previously posted that women who dont post in this section are "unintelligent". lmao.

What exactly is there to learn from the posts on this thread so far? Where are the "intelligent" discussions? cheesy
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

Don't mind the cretin!

And these kinds of fooooools have a right to vote!

Abhorrent!

lol abi cheesy
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Akanbiedu(m): 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
So what is the difference between those that killed for their religious belief and those that killed for other reasons?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Akanbiedu(m): 9:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
LOL and some of these men previously posted that women who dont post in this section are "unintelligent". lmao.

What exactly is there to learn from the posts on this thread so far? Where are the "intelligent" discussions? cheesy

I wonder.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 9:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
Akanbi_edu: So what is the difference between those that killed for their religious belief and those that killed for other reasons?

Have a go!

I am assuming you have a brain.

What DO YOU think?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:
You are a person!

So because they are leaders of the Church, if they take a bus it was done in the name of God?

You are a person!

So because they are leaders of the Church, if they smoke it was done in the name of God?

You are a person!

So because they are leaders of the Church, if they have eggs for breakfast it was done in the name of God?

FOOOOOL! Did you practice the great, beautiful, archiac, time-resilient art called "thinking" before you vomitted your moronic opinions?

If I use your logic without being sentimental, so because Muslim hate clerics are leaders of the Mosque, if they blow up a plane it was done in the name of God, no??

Nothing in Islam supports terrorism, yet Muslims get blamed for terrorist attacks...

It goes both ways...
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
From the perspective of those killed, the difference is negligible.

But, in a discussion about the evils of religion, the difference is critical: motivation is the heart of the matter.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
Akanbi_edu: So what is the difference between those that killed for their religious belief and those that killed for other reasons?

No difference.

Hypocritical, brainwashed religious individuals want to categorize sins in order to protect the "flaws" in their religion.
Christians may not kill for Jesus, but they pray to Jesus to see them through their evil deeds.
Muslims kill to protect the honor of allah
Atheist kill just to kill (personal reasons)
Others kill for . . . .
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
ekt_bear: Is Soyinka actually saying that religion in general is harmful? Islam is, yes. But I don't see the argument for Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc being dangerous.

Soyinka was just trying to be politically smart by balancing his speech with statements that could not stand proper scrutiny. He did not want to be seen singling out Islam for deserved castigation. Of course that's obvious to discerning minds.

Islam is inherently violent and against humanity. That's the pure truth.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
Where in the Qu'ran was it written that Muslims should blow up planes and Christian places of worship??

Show me!!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2012
The guys carrying out the terrorist attacks claim that they are fighting in the name of their God. That they are practicing jihad.

So, they say that they have religious motivations for their crime.

Are you saying that they don't?
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
bayooooooo:

Soyinka was just trying to be politically smart by balancing his speech with statements that could not stand proper scrutiny. He did not want to be seen singling out Islam for deserved castigation. Of course that's obvious to discerning minds.

Islam is inherently violent and against humanity. That's the pure truth.

Eh....he seems to be taking shots at religion in general. In any case, if his focus is on Islam, then I agree. If religion in general, then I disagree.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
The motivation use by Muslim terrorists are the same ones used by Christian terrorists - and it's their respective belief system..

One is just more violent than the other...

A thief and an armed robber are the same thing...

The only difference is that one carries arms while the other doesn't...
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by wonlasewonimi: 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx: Where in the Qu'ran was it written that Muslims should blow up planes and Christian places of worship??

Show me!!

but they are promised 72 virgins. And, Jihad is a holy war. No?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death / Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu's Birthday Celebration: Obaseki, Peter Obi Attend / Why FEC Rejected Amaechi’s N3.7bn Security Proposal - Leaked Memo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.