Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (31380 Views)

The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka / Jonathan’s Igbo Internet Warriors Are A Disgrace To Humanity By C. Don Adinuba / Bringbackjonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by bokohalal(m): 1:38am On Sep 25, 2012
[quote author=Circle360]Hm what a briliant fool. Very narrow minded article, people who judge only by what they see not what they know, is it religion that inventd nuclear weapons, economic crisis, who manucacture dangeros weapons in d world dat kills nt only body n nature bt also minds. If religion is agains humanity, then what is capitalism, democracy, politics, slavery, etc against. Wole u aint a humaterian n if u dnt blv in sumtin it doens mean it bad and d factd that u are a prof. in letriture never means u knw every aspect of like. Human idiology along has 4 ages increases inhuman act over d years. Any ways thats u own idia sha bt u n ur co shld knw dat u CANT erase religion out of human pages. If u any blv and act with ur nations consti2tion dats ur religion. because religion is all abt bleaving an acting. In religion when sum1 kills b 2 would b killd likewise in ur country's constitution any any humaterian const.[/quot

'Driver,stop! I wan sH it! Driver! I say stop!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by bokohalal(m): 1:43am On Sep 25, 2012
Circle360: Hm what a briliant fool. Very narrow minded article, people who judge only by what they see not what they know, is it religion that inventd nuclear weapons, economic crisis, who manucacture dangeros weapons in d world dat kills nt only body n nature bt also minds. If religion is agains humanity, then what is capitalism, democracy, politics, slavery, etc against. Wole u aint a humaterian n if u dnt blv in sumtin it doens mean it bad and d factd that u are a prof. in letriture never means u knw every aspect of like. Human idiology along has 4 ages increases inhuman act over d years. Any ways thats u own idia sha bt u n ur co shld knw dat u CANT erase religion out of human pages. If u any blv and act with ur nations consti2tion dats ur religion. because religion is all abt bleaving an acting. In religion when sum1 kills b 2 would b killd likewise in ur country's constitution any any humaterian const.

'Come,I go sH it for inside this bus o! I say,Stop! Now!'
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by hubreality(m): 2:08am On Sep 25, 2012
Religion is a man made evil against humanity; worst than clamored corruption in Nigeria. I want to ask please: "Was law made for man or man for the law?"
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 2:56am On Sep 25, 2012
One of my mentors, indeed!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Dukeofgarri: 3:17am On Sep 25, 2012
“The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Brennan Manning

2 Likes

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 4:29am On Sep 25, 2012
when te wise ones talk... learn to keep quiet

ebamma: Take Islam out and the world will be in peace
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by esere826: 5:51am On Sep 25, 2012
PhysicsQED:

shocked shocked shocked

ROFL grin grin

Kai this boy, u no go kill person Ahahahahahahahahahaah
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by kwajahafiz(m): 6:43am On Sep 25, 2012
[quote author=Socratez20]Christianity is not a religion, it is a life style, Old Prof. Religion becomz a crime only when one is intolerant of d other.[/quote
I'll bet a million naira u did not attend university. Lol

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 7:35am On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

Hitler is not religious!

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter."

–Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

“Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.” –Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

"Christianity could not content itself with building up its own altar; it was absolutely forced to undertake the destruction of the heathen altars. Only from this fanatical intolerance could its apodictic faith take form; this intolerance is, in fact, its absolute presupposition."
-Adolf Hitler, Mein Kemf
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ignis: 7:53am On Sep 25, 2012
Ganys:
Take Christianity out & the world will be sane & noiseless
Dumb and lame.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2012
ekt_bear: Is Soyinka actually saying that religion in general is harmful? Islam is, yes. But I don't see the argument for Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc being dangerous.

did muslims invade Iraq under false pretences

or Afghanistan without proof

are muslims the ones killing maiming and rap.ing civilians in those countries

did Muslims give the world 2 world wars

did Muslims invade vietnam

did Muslims conduct the trans Atlantic slave trade

did Muslims invade and almost wipe out the native americans in america

did Muslims do the Spanish inquisition

was the pope a Muslim when he unleashed the crusaders unto the world

2 Likes

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by anicho(m): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2012
Dee60: The question is not about religion. Prof Soyinka should know better. Which religion is creating the havoc?

It is a good thing he has spoken about Nigeria. This is a place where christian churches have established schools to educate several millions at affordable prices, where churches distribute food and medications for free on daily basis, where truce is brokered by churches among couples, families and communities.

It is outrageous to lump all faiths together. All faiths are different. The christian church have indeed been catalysts of development in Nigeria for decades upon decades.

point of correction 'churches provide schools to make money cos they are f.u.c.kn xpensive' & they establish churches to ENRICH themselves(tithes & offering). The prof. Is right.
Mind u am a christian.

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by emmatok(m): 9:45am On Sep 25, 2012
F00028:

My friend stop recycling this junk, inother to justify innocent killings by Muslims.
Must you attach everything done by the West to Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by day4(m): 10:00am On Sep 25, 2012
Peer into the perfect law the belong to freedom which is "law of faith & law of a free people.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 25, 2012
emmatok:

My friend stop recycling this junk, inother to justify innocent killings by Muslims.
Must you attach everything done by Northerners to Islam?

2 Likes

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by seaktoks: 10:52am On Sep 25, 2012
Has the nobel pinpoint what you highlighted,you can see for yourslf,you're a problem to humanity.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by seaktoks: 10:54am On Sep 25, 2012
Has the nobel pinpointed what you've highlighted,you can see for yourslf,that you're a problem to humanity.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 10:58am On Sep 25, 2012
Aladinn:

Hitler is religious. Infact, he's a disciplined man (doesn't drink or womanise). Part of the reason for his hatred of the jews was because they killed christ and they were morally corrupt. It was alleged that the pope of that era conspired with him against the jews. But that's no moral justification for muslims to support the present day blood shed in the name of islam of the prophet.

You are a fooool!

Since when was Hilter religious? So disciplined men have to be religious?

Cretin!

F00028:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter."

–Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

“Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.” –Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

"Christianity could not content itself with building up its own altar; it was absolutely forced to undertake the destruction of the heathen altars. Only from this fanatical intolerance could its apodictic faith take form; this intolerance is, in fact, its absolute presupposition."
-Adolf Hitler, Mein Kemf

You are a person!

Be quoting speeches he used to swerve fucktards like you to carry them along.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler#Religious_views

Cretin!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 11:09am On Sep 25, 2012
emmatok:

Those are the kind of excuses islamic funmentalist fucktards generate in their head to justify the killing they carry out.

This buffoon is a product of a cretinous madrassa education system.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Limaoscar: 11:17am On Sep 25, 2012
Hitler is religious. Infact, he's a disciplined man (doesn't drink or womanise). Part of the reason for his hatred of the jews was because they killed christ and they were morally corrupt. It was alleged that the pope of that era conspired with him against the jews. But that's no moral justification for muslims to support the present day blood shed in the name of islam of the prophet.

Ol'boy, you just invited upon yourself the fury of that world acclaimed,self-deluded and all knowing jester called fucktardmite

I nor envy you o!!grin grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 11:18am On Sep 25, 2012
emmatok:

I bet the millions of human being wasted and their kin dont think its junk undecided
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 11:21am On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

Those are the kind of excuses islamic funmentalist fucktards generate in their head to justify the killing they carry out.

This buffoon is a product of a cretinous madrassa education system.

facts are facts.

Limaoscar:
Ol'boy, you just invited upon yourself the fury of that world acclaimed,self-deluded and all knowing jester called fucktardmite

it's pathetic. even a lunatic has lucid periods.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 11:27am On Sep 25, 2012
Limaoscar:

You are a person!

F00028:

facts are facts.

it's pathetic. even a lunatic has lucid periods.

You are a fundamentalist person.

You might end up with the close love provided by a drone for your useless types.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Leemak: 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2012
u r out of ur sense and being foolish, know truth today dt there wil b no peace in d world except there is respect for every religion.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2012
F00028:

Was Iraq invaded for religious purposes?

You mean the same Afghanistan controlled by the Taliban, an organization harboring Osama Bin Laden, the man responsible for 9/11?

So if the USA goes after Osama Bin Laden, a man who killed thousands of people in the name of Islam, that to you is some sort of act committed in the name of Christianity?

See above; the US is not invading those countries in the name of christianity.

Lmao.

You are really dumb. So WW1 and WW2 were religious wars rathers than simply wars of conquest/expansion or stemming from political disagreements?

So, the cold war was also religious in nature, I take it? Christianity on one side (USA), atheism on the other (Soviet Union and its friends)?

Of course not. Muslims were not intelligent or advanced enough to build ships. Instead, they conducted the ordinary trans-African slave trade.

Did Muslims invade and almost wipe out the native Christian population of Egypt?

Did Muslims not take millions of Slavic people of south Europe into slavery?

How many hundreds of years ago were the crusades? So crusades that happened several hundreds years ago is as relevant as suicide bombing happening today, I take it?

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 1:52pm On Sep 25, 2012
hubreality: Religion is a man made evil against humanity; worst than clamored corruption in Nigeria. I want to ask please: "Was law made for man or man for the law?"

This is the biggest piece of nonsense I have ever heard in my life.

The Hindus I know and am friends with are some of the kindest, most generous people I have ever met in my life.

There is absolutely nothing evil about their particular religion, if the behavior of their practitioners is any example.

Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons, same thing. They tend to live extremely clean lives.

Some religions are evil, yes. Religions like Islam are evil, yes.

But certain others are not.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by landinfo: 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2012
[quote author=Ile-Ife]To such a degree has Religion fueled conflict, complicated politics, retarded social development and impaired human relations across the world, that one is often tempted to propose that Religion is innately an enemy of Humanity, if not indeed of itself a crime against Humanity. Certainly it cannot be denied that Religion has proved again and again a spur, a motivator, and a justification for the commission of some of the most horrifying crimes against humanity, despite its fervent affirmations of peace. Let us however steer away from hyperbolic propositions and simply settle for this moderating moral imperative: that it is time that the world adopt a position that refuses to countenance Religion as an acceptable justification for, excuse or extenuation of - crimes against humanity.

Christianity is a way of life nut a riligon
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by bokohalal(m): 2:50pm On Sep 25, 2012
Christianity cannot be a way of life for a Nigerian especially one living in Nigeria. Religion is part of a people's culture.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
ekt_bear:
Was Iraq invaded for religious purposes?

You mean the same Afghanistan controlled by the Taliban, an organization harboring Osama Bin Laden, the man responsible for 9/11?

So if the USA goes after Osama Bin Laden, a man who killed thousands of people in the name of Islam, that to you is some sort of act committed in the name of Christianity?

See above; the US is not invading those countries in the name of christianity.

Lmao.

You are really dumb. So WW1 and WW2 were religious wars rathers than simply wars of conquest/expansion or stemming from political disagreements?

So, the cold war was also religious in nature, I take it? Christianity on one side (USA), atheism on the other (Soviet Union and its friends)?

Of course not. Muslims were not intelligent or advanced enough to build ships. Instead, they conducted the ordinary trans-African slave trade.

Did Muslims invade and almost wipe out the native Christian population of Egypt?

Did Muslims not take millions of Slavic people of south Europe into slavery?

How many hundreds of years ago were the crusades? So crusades that happened several hundreds years ago is as relevant as suicide bombing happening today, I take it?

I never insult people for no reason.

He is a person. I spotted it from his first few sentences.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Circle360: 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
So its nw human 2 look for trble and inhuman 2 react 2 trble? Or its wrong to b dfnsive and right to abuse one's blv? A muslim never 4 no reasn insult others blv bt he tends to react to who so ever abuses his own blv. Have u had of any muslim jst like that prduces any form of artwork to insult other blvs? Pls when u want to judge try nt 2 b bias. To me no rlgion is against humanity, in true humanity man shld b free to walk to any where he so plses bt dats nt d case 2day, if u enter U.S 4 e.g wth no visa u'll sure b inprsn and 2turd, is't dat againt humanity? Fightn and killing ar nt gud bt people tends to kill or fight wen they are been anoyd bt pple only get anoyd wen they are prvokd or their rights been witheld so u shld blem those who make them anoyd of witheld their rights, hence they are d 1 agnst humanity.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by cheddarking(m): 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2012
thelastPope:

Just a few links. Please use your own bandwidth. Bandwidth is expensive:

m.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/eat_pray_love_oprah_8HUBevZzxvyUjKdvwX1DXJ

westerngh.com/2010/04/oprah-winfrey-opens-church-founds-religion/

Do you know hip hop is a registered religion?

This guy was making sense until he posted a satirical and humorous article as fact.

Did you really read this?: westerngh.com/2010/04/oprah-winfrey-opens-church-founds-religion/

Even the NY post article does not claim that Oprah is/has a religion. It only highlights similarities in her style of delivery to preaching

Epic fail.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by dartsidius7(m): 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2012
ekt_bear:

This is the biggest piece of nonsense I have ever heard in my life.

The Hindus I know and am friends with are some of the kindest, most generous people I have ever met in my life.

There is absolutely nothing evil about their particular religion, if the behavior of their practitioners is any example.

Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons, same thing. They tend to live extremely clean lives.

Some religions are evil, yes. Religions like Islam are evil, yes.

But certain others are not.

so, i guess we can come to the conclusion that all hindus, jehovah's witnesses and mormons are good people. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Fayose’s Victory: Gunshots, Wild Jubilation In Ekiti / Bello Matawalle Appoints Bashir Yuguda As ‘Honorary Adviser’ / Isa Pantami Shed Tears Over Killings In Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.