Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (31381 Views)

The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka / Jonathan’s Igbo Internet Warriors Are A Disgrace To Humanity By C. Don Adinuba / Bringbackjonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2012
cheddarking:

This guy was making sense until he posted a satirical and humorous article as fact.

Did you really read this?: westerngh.com/2010/04/oprah-winfrey-opens-church-founds-religion/

Even the NY post article does not claim that Oprah is/has a religion. It only highlights similarities in her style of delivery to preaching

Epic fail.

He is a person!

Fucktards can not comprehend what a fact is.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by mko2005: 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2012
dan jalingo: sometimes i wonder what sence we try to make with some of the things we say. are jews christians?
My brother ask them ooo ! people always also think that once you fill that part deceptively provided as 'YOUR religion' -Christianity,that automatically makes you a christian. How wrong !They should go look at the live of Jesus and HIS teachings and also HIS disciples then come tell us that people killing people are Christians !They were never Christians,they are not Christians but the HOLY spirit can help them be true Christians !-Shalom

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by kefmawin: 4:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
No doubt the prof made some valid points. However, he 'over generalized' the issue as this does not apply to all faith. Take for example, Dan Brown wrote the Da Vinci Code which was turned into motion picture by holly wood stars. The content of the movie was a direct affront to the the Lord Jesus, The bible and the Christian Faith yet no life was lost nor any form of violence carried out.
This is just one out of the countless movies and publications against Christ and yet no life is wasted because vengeance belong to God and falsehood/errors will always fizzle out before the TRUTH no matter how long.

I respect professor Shoyinka, but he should get his facts right before making sweeping statements.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 4:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
kefmawin: No doubt the prof made some valid points. However, he 'over generalized' the issue as this does not apply to all faith. Take for example, Dan Brown wrote the Da Vinci Code which was turned into motion picture by holly wood stars. The content of the movie was a direct affront to the the Lord Jesus, The bible and the Christian Faith yet no life was lost nor any form of violence carried out.
This is just one out of the countless movies and publications against Christ and yet no life is wasted because vengeance belong to God and falsehood/errors will always fizzle out before the TRUTH no matter how long.

I respect professor Shoyinka, but he should get his facts right before making sweeping statements.

No one owes you an obligation to respect or revere your religion and the sooner virtually all muslims get that, the better.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2012
dartsidius7:

so, i guess we can come to the conclusion that all hindus, jehovah's witnesses and mormons are good people. smiley

Soyinka (and possibly you) is making the claim that religion in general is evil.

He doesn't really offer any good reasons for why the religion of Hindus, Mormons or JWs is evil.

Now, granted, the good examples of some specific human beings I have met doesn't necessarily mean that those religions are harmless or even positive (any more than the fact that Islam is an evil religion means all Muslims are bad people).

However, if one wants to claim that all religions are evil or equally bad, clearly a sharper argument is going to be necessary than those provided so far.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

I never insult people for no reason.

He is a person. I spotted it from his first few sentences.

for someone with such a limited vocabulary its hard to imagine you spotted anything.

now go and spot new words in the dictionary. grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
F00028:

for someone with such a limited vocabulary its hard to imagine you spotted anything.

now go and spot new words in the dictionary. grin

Shut up, person!

Product of a cretinous madrassa education.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 5:52pm On Sep 25, 2012

ekt_bear:
Was Iraq invaded for religious purposes?

the Christian born again american president that invaded it was most likely following scripture.

otherwise its hard to imagine the christian God never cautioned him in the regular chats that he kept telling us they were having.

ekt_bear:
You mean the same Afghanistan controlled by the Taliban, an organization harboring Osama Bin Laden, the man responsible for 9/11?

really, don’t you know anything
there is no proof to this day linking him to 9/11

ekt_bear:
So if the USA goes after Osama Bin Laden, a man who killed thousands of people in the name of Islam, that to you is some sort of act committed in the name of Christianity?

Sigh…

ekt_bear:
You are really dumb. So WW1 and WW2 were religious wars rathers than simply wars of conquest/expansion or stemming from political disagreements?

they were europen tribal wars that a lot of non europeans paid dearly for
40,000,000+ lives lost all thanks to christian europe

ekt_bear:

So, the cold war was also religious in nature, I take it? Christianity on one side (USA), atheism on the other (Soviet Union and its friends)?

I didn’t say anything about the cold war

ekt_bear:
Of course not. Muslims were not intelligent or advanced enough to build ships. Instead, they conducted the ordinary trans-African slave trade.

really, don’t you know anything?
have you ever read Walter Rodney?

ekt_bear:
Did Muslims invade and almost wipe out the native Christian population of Egypt?

When?

ekt_bear:
Did Muslims not take millions of Slavic people of south Europe into slavery?

When?

ekt_bear:
How many hundreds of years ago were the crusades? So crusades that happened several hundreds years ago is as relevant as suicide bombing happening today, I take it?

you obviously don’t know anything about history.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2012
F00028: 

the Christian born again american president that invaded it was most likely following scripture.

otherwise its hard to imagine the christian God never cautioned him in the regular chats that he kept telling us they were having.
Are you high

Sigh…
Does invading Afghanistan to depose the Taliban count as a religious invasion?

I didn’t say anything about the cold war
Then why did you bring up Vietnam?

When?

When?
Open up some books...I no get time for id1iots
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Katsumoto: 5:58pm On Sep 25, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am sorry but your predisposition towards defending your religion makes it difficult for you to be rational.

It is futile trying to provide a rebuttal to every thing you typed.

So the actions taken by a leader who is religious can be attributed to his religious beliefs?

I doubt you know the difference between a religious leader and a leader with religious beliefs.

This is for F00028
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

Shut up, person!

Product of a cretinous madrassa education.

well too bad for you us poor, barefoot madrassa products now got android phones with data plans so you cant shine like you used to.

life's a bit*h, aint it? sad
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 6:45pm On Sep 25, 2012
ekt_bear:
Are you high
no but you must be

ekt_bear:

Does invading Afghanistan to depose the Taliban count as a religious invasion?

Jesus H. Christ! must the massacre of innocent civilians be labled religious before it registers in your thick skull
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2012
F00028:

well too bad for you us poor, barefoot madrassa products now got android phones with data plans so you cant shine like you used to.

life's a bit*h, aint it? sad

Yeah, life is a bytch for a person madrassa fundamentalist that was taught only Arabic, hence composes English grammar like this. grin

Life is even more a bytch when the madrassa person faces the barrel of US marine submachine gun or the aerial diarrhea of a US drone. grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 7:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
Katsumoto: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am sorry but your predisposition towards defending your religion makes it difficult for you to be rational.

So the actions taken by a leader who is religious can be attributed to his religious beliefs?

I doubt you know the difference between a religious leader and a leader with religious beliefs.

This is for F00028

That is what fucktards are taught in Madrassa schools.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2012
Katsumoto: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is for F00028

I bring stuff up because I dont like seeing double standards. if you live in glass houses dont throw stones.

if man is born again and that close to God then it should manifest in his conduct whether he's acting as a leader, business man, husband or even a casual acquaintance.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2012
Ultimately, no amount of logic will get through to this fellow.

But my words are more for those who may have been mislead by his posts but are open to reason
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2012
ekt_bear: Ultimately, no amount of logic will get through to this fellow.

But my words are more for those who may have been mislead by his posts but are open to reason

You should just call him a person and learn never to waste your time with mental cases like this again.

A pure cretin!

It is not only HIS failure, it is also the failure of his fellow muslims that would refuse to correct him!

That is part of the fundamental problem with islam.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

Yeah, life is a bytch for a person madrassa fundamentalist that was taught only Arabic, hence composes English grammar like this. grin

Life is even more a bytch when the madrassa person faces the barrel of US marine submachine gun or the aerial diarrhea of a US drone. grin

oh I think the us marines already have their hands full in Afganistán and Iraq.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
ekt_bear: Ultimately, no amount of logic will get through to this fellow.

I have read some of your posts. you dont know the first thing about logic.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
@ekt_bear
and neither does the mindless drone you got doing backup
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 7:27pm On Sep 25, 2012
F00028: @ekt_bear
and neither does the mindless your got doing backup

person, start speaking in Arabic. I bet it would be easier. grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

person, start speaking in Arabic. I bet it would be easier. grin

are you still here? is your triple x download taking too long? undecided
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2012
Heh. You are the last person who I think any sensible person would consult regarding logic.

You can't even differentiate between religious wars and wars motivated for other reasons.

Anyways...there is nothing further worth saying to you
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by shuddyy: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a fooool!

Since when was Hilter religious? So disciplined men have to be religious?

Cretin!

You are a person!

Be quoting speeches he used to swerve fucktards like you to carry them along.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler#Religious_views

Cretin!

Guy you are a disappointment! And to think I used to see you as intelligent! I think u may still be considered averagely intelligent only that the hatred in you easily envelopes ur average intelligence.
So hitler is not religious (a christian) even with all those quotes! Oh, hitler was just using these god references to swerve along people into his heinous plans but those warped clerics references are considered the true teaching of islam. Common just admit your argument is shallow,and has been defeated. The fooo28 guy never supported act of violence by those who claim to be muslim,judging from his several posts here, he was only trying to school you that your argument premise is flawed and that christainity is also guilty going by ur silly argument.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2012
shuddyy:

Guy you are a disappointment! And to think I used to see you as intelligent! I think u may still be considered averagely intelligent only that the hatred in you easily envelopes ur average intelligence.
So hitler is not religious (a christian) even with all those quotes! Oh, hitler was just using these god references to swerve along people into his heinous plans but those warped clerics references are considered the true teaching of islam. Common just admit your argument is shallow,and has been defeated. The fooo28 guy never supported act of violence by those who claim to be muslim,judging from his several posts here, he was only trying to school you that your argument premise is flawed and that christainity is also guilty going by ur silly argument.

You are a person!

Say "Yes, Sir".

You are a bloody mooron!

Now show me which of my posts has asserted the clerics teaching are the true teaching (sic) of islam, foooool!

I wait.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 25, 2012
Lmaooo at these sanctimonious Christians forcing their medieval belief system on everyone...

Was Timothy Mcveigh not a Christian?

Are Catholic priests not Christians?

Is the Norway bomber not a Christian?

Are Aryan Brotherhood members not Christians?

Are KKK members not Christians?

Are the Rwandan priests not Christians?

Are IRA members not Christians??

Are Christian extremists in India not Christians?

Are the Christian missionaries who lied to the Panare Indians of Venezuela that they killed Jesus not Christians??

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx: Lmaooo at these sanctimonious Christians forcing their medieval belief system on everyone...

Was Timothy Mcveigh not a Christian?

Are Catholic priests not Christians?

Is the Norway bomber not a Christian?

Are Aryan Brotherhood members not Christians?

Are KKK members not Christians?

Are the Rwandan priests not Christians?

Are IRA members not Christians??

Are Christian extremists in India not Christians?

Are the Christian missionaries who lied to the Panare Indians of Venezuela that they killed Jesus not Christians??

undecided undecided undecided

Now tell me which or what proportion of your list killed for God or believed it was a religious duty to kill non-believers.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 8:41pm On Sep 25, 2012
OK

So...wasn't Bad Person X an atheist?

Wasn't Bad Person Y an atheist?

Clearly then, atheism is evil as well, since Bad Person Z committed his evil acts in the name of atheism!

Wtf is up with all these brainless people posting
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

Now tell me which or what proportion of your list killed for God or believed it was a religious duty to kill non-believers.

The ones who killed, did it for their belief system, and they justified it using the Bible...

The Catholic Priests molested kids in the name of their God, hence why the Pope never punished them...

Both Abrahamic faiths(Christianity and Islam) are basically the same thing... One is just more violent than the other right now because of their inability to separate religion from the state... Christianity was as violent as Islam is right now when it was going through the same phase...

So, you can't say one is more evil than the other because they were both cut from the same cloth, period..
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2012
shymexx:

The ones who killed, did it for their belief system, and they justified it using the Bible...

The Catholic Priests molested kids in the name of their God, hence why the Pope never punished them...

Both Abrahamic faiths(Christianity and Islam) are basically the same thing... One is just more violent than the other right now because of their inability to separate religion from the state... Christianity was as violent as Islam is right now when it was going through the same phase...

So, you can't say one is more evil than the other because they were both cut from the same cloth, period..

Before I even go into this junk.

Prove the bolded!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
ekt_bear: OK

So...wasn't Bad Person X an atheist?

Wasn't Bad Person Y an atheist?

Clearly then, atheism is evil as well, since Bad Person Z committed his evil acts in the name of atheism!

Wtf is up with all these brainless people posting

Brilliantly put to the fucktards!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2012
Lmaoo at this re.tard with a linear thought process talking about atheism... Just because I don't believe in medieval teachings of some allegories, that's doesn't mean I'm an atheist...

I don't care about the two religions TBH, but they're basically the same thing... undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives In Katsina For Elections / Remembering General Sani Abacha: 19 Years After His Death / Shiekh Gumi: What IPOB, Sunday Igboho Have Done To Southern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.