Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,241 members, 7,815,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 AM

Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka (31384 Views)

The Nigerian Nation Against General Buhari, By Wole Soyinka / Jonathan’s Igbo Internet Warriors Are A Disgrace To Humanity By C. Don Adinuba / Bringbackjonathan2015: The Wages Of Impunity By Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2012
F00028: @sagamite

hitler murdered for your God...six million times.
and if you think that's ancient history, the jews haven't forgotten.

hitler: "My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter…

–Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of AdolfHitler,April1922-August 1939,
Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942

You are a person!

A pathetic person!

No 1, because Hitler mentioned Christianity is not proof Hilter killed for Christianity you bloody moronic cretin!

No 2, Hilter murdered for racial purity!

No 3, Hitler was not religious, you bloody cretinous arsewipe!

No 4, what Hitler did in 1940s is not grounds for what barbaric ediots are doing in 2012.

You fcking moooron!

3 Likes

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
Katsumoto:

You have got to be kidding.

So WW2 was a religious war? shocked shocked shocked

27 million Russians did in WW2, was it because they were Orthodox?

Hitler was full of contradictions and he passed through many phases in his life. When you quote someone, make sure you understand the context very well.

Read Hitlet in Mein Kampf: "In the Jew I still saw only a man who was of a different religion, and therefore, on grounds of human tolerance, I was against the idea that he should be attacked because he had a different faith."

You have too much time and you are too civilised.

They suppose carry your yansh to live in Ajegunle for one straight month.

I don't know why you insist on talking at a civilised level with or try logically convincing fucktards with the brain power of a baboon!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by bleufaucon: 8:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
The crusaders(christians) waged war on Arabs so as to take back Jerusalem. Soyinka,as I respect him,should define Islam truly as what it really is..A religion built on fable and lies,a fire kindled from the hellish touch of satan Himself..denounce it without fear! So many have died..mothers,fathers,children on both sides..American soldiers(christians invading other nations in the name of protection to kill people in large numbers..saudi Arabian government repressing its people..what a crazy situation. Love to Humanity is paramount!!! Stop voting for any government! Tell the government that u are tired! Let the creator come down and take control!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 8:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
bakila:
Simple.

What is simple?

Explain and stop running!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sirniyeh(m): 8:51pm On Sep 24, 2012
good talk! I have said it before that the solution to nigeria problem is to wipe away religion. I have been propagating this for awhile, that is the fact. Religion is a new style of slavery
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by SRIS: 8:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
Since the times of old, not many "WISE" know the truth about God. RELIGION is nothing. A relationship with God is the ultimate. think about this.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Katsumoto: 8:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
Sagamite:

I don't know why you insist on talking at a civilised level with or try logically convincing fucktards with the brain power of a baboon!

grin grin grin grin grin

Abeg free me jor. Na my style be that.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sunofgod(m): 9:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
Religion destroys 'Spirituality' . . .(that's why Nigerian's especially are very religious but very wicked - no love for one another)

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by vislabraye(m): 9:10pm On Sep 24, 2012
Anyone who says Hitler killed for Christianity is an Ass.

I agree with Wole to a large extent, but I won't categorize christianity as the religion he's refering to.
If we have to talk about all the religions, African traditional religion is equally as savage as the "religion of peace"
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 9:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
vislabraye: Anyone who says Hitler killed for Christianity is an Ass.

He is a pathological person!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 9:31pm On Sep 24, 2012
Katsumoto:

You have got to be kidding.

So WW2 was a religious war? shocked shocked shocked ...

no, it was a european tribal war that a lot of non europeans paid dearly for.

and yes, a man may say different this at different times but find those words that match his actions and voila! you have your context.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Limaoscar: 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ebamma: Take Islam out and the world will be in peace

@Ebamma: Even though you can be a donkey sometimes...I find myself agreeing with you on this one. ermmmm....add Pirate confraternity to the list too. So take Wole Soyinka and His DISPROPORTIONATE nose out and you'll be at Peace forever!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by charlsecy4(m): 9:54pm On Sep 24, 2012
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 10:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
Sagamite:

yeah like using person over and over shows real intelligence.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ignis: 10:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
IYA NGBALI: wetin pastors go dey chop?
Olodo wetin concern you with pastor? Na u dey feed pastors?

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2012
F00028:

The intelligent thing about it is the aptness.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Limaoscar: 10:24pm On Sep 24, 2012

Don't mind that fucktardmite jare...prides himself in some eccentric styled knowledge....but the yeye boy can entertain sha when He 's not digesting those volumes of His super-person lexicongrin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 10:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
Sagamite:

No 1, because Hitler mentioned Christianity is not proof Hilter killed for Christianity you bloody moronic cretin!

but it is proof when people say they doing it in the name of Islam

Sagamite:

No 2, Hilter murdered for racial purity!

No 3, Hitler was not religious, you bloody cretinous arsewipe!

MU.MU

“The anti-Semitism of the new movement [Christian Social movement] was based on religious ideas instead of racial knowledge.” –Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

(This disperses the idea that Hitler raged war due to being an Aryan supremacist. He states quite clearly that he has a problem with Jews for their belief not race. That is why many German Jews died in WW2 regardless of their Aryan nationality.)
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Ganys: 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2012
ebamma: Take Islam out and the world will be in peace
Take Christianity out & the world will be sane & noiseless
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 10:40pm On Sep 24, 2012
Limaoscar:

....but the yeye boy can entertain sha

I know. LWKMD grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 10:42pm On Sep 24, 2012
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by F00028: 10:45pm On Sep 24, 2012

vislabraye: Anyone who says Hitler killed for Christianity is an Ass.

I agree with Wole to a large extent, but I won't categorize christianity as the religion he's refering to.
If we have to talk about all the religions, African traditional religion is equally as savage as the "religion of peace"

“Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.” –Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them…
–Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

"Christianity could not content itself with building up its own altar; it was absolutely forced to undertake the destruction of the heathen altars. Only from this fanatical intolerance could its apodictic faith take form; this intolerance is, in fact, its absolute presupposition."
-Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

"The personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew."
-Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

“Only in the steady and constant application of force lies the very first prerequisite for success. This persistence, however, can always and only arise from a definite spiritual conviction. Any violence which does not spring from a firm, spiritual base, will be wavering and uncertain.”
–Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 24, 2012
thelastPope:

By the definition of religion, no man is. Maybe you need to read and learn some more. That is the f00lishness of Soyinka's position. No man is religionless. That you do not follow the major religion doesn't make you religionless. You have a religion. Even if you are the only member, it is still a religion
Yeah.. Just like not participating in a sports, makes me a sports man. Being bald means i have no-hair style. Sorry, but this is simply foolish...

Define religion please..
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Sagamite(m): 11:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
Limaoscar:

Don't mind that fucktardmite jare...prides himself in some eccentric styled knowledge....but the yeye boy can entertain sha when He 's not digesting those volumes of His super-person lexicongrin grin grin

You are a person!

F00028:

but it is proof when people say they doing it in the name of Islam

MU.MU

“The anti-Semitism of the new movement [Christian Social movement] was based on religious ideas instead of racial knowledge.” –Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

(This disperses the idea that Hitler raged war due to being an Aryan supremacist. He states quite clearly that he has a problem with Jews for their belief not race. That is why many German Jews died in WW2 regardless of their Aryan nationality.)

You are a person!

Hitler is not religious!

Cretin!
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ddim22: 11:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
lucenzo: Kongi dey watch movies sha......... But how does this affect the price of gary neville in the transfer market. Heard the guy is a free agent.
This garri joke is no longer funny.You guys should drop it.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Aladinn(m): 12:27am On Sep 25, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a person!

You are a person!

Hitler is not religious!

Cretin!

Hitler is religious. Infact, he's a disciplined man (doesn't drink or womanise). Part of the reason for his hatred of the jews was because they killed christ and they were morally corrupt. It was alleged that the pope of that era conspired with him against the jews. But that's no moral justification for muslims to support the present day blood shed in the name of islam of the prophet.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by Circle360: 12:31am On Sep 25, 2012
Hm what a briliant fool. Very narrow minded article, people who judge only by what they see not what they know, is it religion that inventd nuclear weapons, economic crisis, who manucacture dangeros weapons in d world dat kills nt only body n nature bt also minds. If religion is agains humanity, then what is capitalism, democracy, politics, slavery, etc against. Wole u aint a humaterian n if u dnt blv in sumtin it doens mean it bad and d factd that u are a prof. in letriture never means u knw every aspect of like. Human idiology along has 4 ages increases inhuman act over d years. Any ways thats u own idia sha bt u n ur co shld knw dat u CANT erase religion out of human pages. If u any blv and act with ur nations consti2tion dats ur religion. because religion is all abt bleaving an acting. In religion when sum1 kills b 2 would b killd likewise in ur country's constitution any any humaterian const.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by DAVE5(m): 12:49am On Sep 25, 2012
Dee60: This is a place where christian churches have established schools to educate several millions at affordable prices, where churches distribute food and medications for free on daily basis, where truce is brokered by churches among couples, families and communities.
pls how many Christian schools are being provided at affordable prices, list them sir
covenant?
redeemed?
catholic schools?
deez skoolz r so expensive dat dose whose monies were used in building them kant even afford to send their children/ wards ther, so pls stop making incorrect stmts, pls
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by DAVE5(m): 12:49am On Sep 25, 2012
Dee60: The question is not about religion. Prof Soyinka should know better. Which religion is creating the havoc?

It is a good thing he has spoken about Nigeria. This is a place where christian churches have established schools to educate several millions at affordable prices, where churches distribute food and medications for free on daily basis, where truce is brokered by churches among couples, families and communities.

It is outrageous to lump all faiths together. All faiths are different. The christian church have indeed been catalysts of development in Nigeria for decades upon decades.
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by PhysicsQED(m): 1:06am On Sep 25, 2012
Circle360: Hm what a briliant fool. Very narrow minded article, people who judge only by what they see not what they know, is it religion that inventd nuclear weapons, economic crisis, who manucacture dangeros weapons in d world dat kills nt only body n nature bt also minds. If religion is agains humanity, then what is capitalism, democracy, politics, slavery, etc against. Wole u aint a humaterian n if u dnt blv in sumtin it doens mean it bad and d factd that u are a prof. in letriture never means u knw every aspect of like. Human idiology along has 4 ages increases inhuman act over d years. Any ways thats u own idia sha bt u n ur co shld knw dat u CANT erase religion out of human pages. If u any blv and act with ur nations consti2tion dats ur religion. because religion is all abt bleaving an acting. In religion when sum1 kills b 2 would b killd likewise in ur country's constitution any any humaterian const.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by asha80(m): 1:08am On Sep 25, 2012
PhysicsQED:

shocked shocked shocked

guy na so now grin
Re: Religion Against Humanity By Wole Soyinka by ektbear: 1:26am On Sep 25, 2012
Is Soyinka actually saying that religion in general is harmful? Islam is, yes. But I don't see the argument for Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc being dangerous.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Catholic Church Bombing In Malali, Kaduna / Suicide Bomber Strikes At ECWA Church, Gombe, On New Year’s Day / Is Nigeria A Country Or A Nation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.