Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) (43042 Views)

ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution / Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Names Of The Masterminds Of The Gruesome Murder Of ALUU4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Super1759: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
A sister of one of the four University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) students brutally murdered last Friday in Umuokiri village, Aluu, Rivers State, has narrated how her younger brother and his friends were lynched.

Miss Ibisobia Elkanah, elder sister of Tekena Friday Elkanah, revealed yesterday that policemen visited the scene where the students were burnt to death after they were severely injured and that one of the law enforcement agents told the perpetrators of the dastardly act “to burn them alive”

The murdered students, Chiadika Lordson, Ugonna Kelechi Obusor, Mike Lloyd Toku, and Tekena Elkanah, all part two students, were murdered in cold blood over alleged theft of a laptop computer and a blackberry phone. Ibisobia, a part-time final year student of Marketing, at the same university who witnessed the incident, said on that fateful day, at about 7.30 am, she was at the house of her girl friend in the community when she heard people shouting outside. “I dashed out and beckoned on my friend to come since she lived in the area.

The thing attracted much noise and attention. I went there but did not actually see or recognize any of them, due to the crowd. “I heard when people were saying the people they (vigilance group) caught were strangers; that they want to burn them.

They said they were asking them questions, so that they could know their senders.” She said after that, she went back to her friend’s house, but could not stay there. “I went back again. I went through the bush path so that I could see them properly. I started jumping to see if I could see them. I jumped again but saw nothing. I jumped the second time and I saw Tekena. Tekena happened to be my brother. “I told myself that I was not seeing well, this thing is a lie. I jumped the third time, I saw Lloyd (one of the victims). So, I started shouting.

From what I gathered, the first time I came, they said they were not known; that they were strangers. As I identified them, I started shouting. Ibisobia said she continued shouting that Tekena was her brother, saying that he came to her on Thursday in school and she gave him his school fees. “I told them that somebody should allow me to ask him what happened and what he came to do. He would confide in me. He was wailing and in a pool of blood.”

“Tekena has been my younger brother for many years. I saw them as they lay in the water naked with leaves covering their unclothedness.” His elder sister said she struggled and entered the crowd. Somebody shouted “Who is that? What is she doing inside?” “People were pushing me and I started crying. He is my brother! He is not a thief! Somebody behind me said O’girl run for your life.

About two persons turned and asked, are you sure he is your brother, and said may be I was the person that sent him to go and steal.” Ibisobia replied them that how could she send him, that she did not look as such. ‘They said I should run for my life that I would be the next one, fifth person.” The young lady lamented that before she could get to her friend’s room to call her family members, she learnt that the mob had taken them to the burrow pit. “So, I went there again.

I called my family and they started coming. The police van came, went into the mob and they were talking to them (youths). The people kept quiet as police were making statements. “I heard them laughing. You know, they were happy. They kept quiet again. Police talked and they laughed again. The next was for me to see three policemen coming out of the mob, boarded their van. And, one of the said “burn them alive”. “I must confess, I was gripped with fear.

I had the intention to talk to the man that said they should be burnt alive. As soon as they (police) drove off, I saw the flames. I was thinking they burnt them after they had killed them. Later, I discovered that they were burnt while they were alive.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/aluu-4-i-watched-them-kill-my-brother-tekenas-sister/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2012
I knew it! I.diotic blood-thirsty b.astards! Their kids will grow & die the same way! SMH.... Useless people~!

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by brotherlyn(m): 4:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
In no distant time, the righteous Judge will pronounce HIS Judgement and everybody eye go clear.

7 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by fittty(m): 4:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
cry I believe there's more to this killing. Its nothing but plain BEEF/ENVY!!!! These villagers must have noticed these kids were from well-to-do families and most likely the villagers envy kid from rich homes as they are opportune....... I had an experience years back when I had just finished my secondary school. I went clubbing and was coming in late sometime around 4am when the vigilantes in my neighborhood spotted me and started challenging me. Since I knew I was innocent and was coming from a club and well dressed I spoke back to them with confidence and this got them annoyed. The leader walked up to me and used a machete to smash my brand new expensive Swatch watch and threatened to kill me and dump me somewhere no one will notice. I went cold and started begging. When It was day time and I lodged a complain to my folks who took it to the neighborhoods landlord chairman&, they(vigilantes) said they were only threatening me to know if I was a thief or a regular resident.........
I believe those who killed these guys obviously knew they were from wealthy homes(cos of their appearance) and they(the killers) are the type who r frustrated with life and would want to take it on those who r living well once they have the opportunity to do so...
My own thoughts#

40 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
Jesus! The world was silent when they were brutally killed angry....gosh...horrific
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by otunbacymbal(m): 4:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
see wetin policemen they cause....now they will tell us investigation is going on ... grin..i just hate this policemen...

5 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by valdubem(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
aluumination of the highest order! take heart dear

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Horus(m): 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
The next was for me to see three policemen coming out of the mob, boarded their van. And, one of them said “burn them alive”.

So it is the police who tell them “burn them alive”?
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by NSNA: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2012
The next was for me to see three policemen coming out of the mob, boarded their van. And, one of the said “burn them alive”. “I must confess, I was gripped with fear.

Can somebody please interpret this
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Dignitary: 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
My God!!! Can we exchange this Alu village for bakassi?

If this girl had probed further ,I'm sure they would have labelled her as their sponsor ...and prob burnt her too!!!

Way forward: D policemen on duty that day shud b queried...the ones that went to the scene and later left MUST be dismissed.

Again, has the so called ' debtor' been arrested?

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by knash1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
Nigeria police are useless. Grumpy lookin carcass on black uniform. I hate nigeria police wit passoin.

7 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by venorite(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
God have mercy....the law of karma must surely catch up with everyone involved...
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by ID69: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
I pray the almighty God gives the families of the bereaved the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss. We need to pray fervently for our dear country.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by DAY12(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
& where is Okija_Juju? angry

5 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Roland17(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
This is a huge indictment on the Nigerian Police Force, it a big shame they conspired with those cannibals to mutilate those kids.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by unekwubaby: 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2012
aaaaaaaaaaaa i wonder what this contry is turning to....i would have said y she did not run to the police station but ehmm
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by tpia5: 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2012
Horus:

So it is the police who tell them “burn them alive”?

it wasnt the police.

that was after the police left the mob.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by tpia5: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
NSNA:

Can somebody please interpret this

much of what she's saying isnt clear.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by EiE1(f): 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
@brotherlyn, i like the way Ʊ put it jare... When the righteous judge comes ohh... D@ judge wey no Ɗƺƴ do magomago. It'S̶̲̥̅ just dat it hurts, realy painful. The memory of dat video wey i no fit watch finish ever anyway just Ɗƺƴ my head. Bloodclotted faces and brutalised unclad bodies! Aaaaah, awon kan laya!

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Dignitary: 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2012
[quote author=tpia@]

it wasnt the police.

that was after the police left the mob.[/quote

You r sounding very authoritative...pls tell us more

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2012
[b]WHERE ARE THOSE SUPERMEN IN THE HOUSE.. I dont believe the part of her saying a policeman said they should be burnt alive, however, here are things you should note in the story;

1. She saw a mob lynching a person, she said nothing at first until she realised that it was one of her own..

2. The mob told her to run for her life.. meaning anyone who intervened would also have been kiled.

3. I remember overhearing someone in the video say 'You just pay your school fees yesterday come here dey thief'. Now that means that she was indeed there and was prolly the one who told them about the school fees matter.

4. If it were another person, she would have simply watched like everyone and did nothing.

5. From her statement, its obvious that she didnt even try to persude the supposed police that it was her brother and that they shoudl rescue him.. She was simply gripped with fear..

6. She was there, but didnt feature in the video.. NOBODY BORN YOU WELL TO KILL MY FAMILY RELATIVE FOR MY FRONT... I would be front and center making and causing a scene..

FAILED SYSTEM [/b]

27 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
Dis one pass me oh... Even police could not do anything. This lady can never have peace again becos she will keep seeing and hearing the screams of her brother. I never thought it possible dat any family member could watch as a mob killed their love ones. I will die with dem.

6 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by DANILSA(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
THIS GUYS YES ARE WICKED, BRUTAL AND LOCAL, THAT IS JUNGLE JUSTICE AND UNCALLED FOR, BUT PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE TRUTH ABOUT WHAT THOSE BOYS DID OR WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN DOING TO THE VILLAGERS? AM ASKING BECAUSE EVEN THE DEVIL WILL NOT BE WILLING TO PUNISH THAT WAY AND THE POLICE HAVING SEEN IT AND PASSED IS UNETHICAL AND WICKED. BUT SOME QUESTIONS REMAIN UNANSWERED. ONCE UPON A TIME, THERE WAS A KINGDOM NAMED ALUU.............................................. cry cry cry cry
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by cheddarking(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2012
[size=20pt]M'ALUUS[/size] undecided

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by guvna(m): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
These officer too must be made to face the wicked hands of Justice, so shall it be for them. In the courts or in the Arena of Life. Amen!!

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by CrazyMan(m): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
The thing is...during an execution of a thief, there is this demon that seems to possess people.

Everyone present in act are like...kill kill kill...no mercy no sympathy...and no one there would even bother to object such an act.

Maybe its because anyone who doesn't seem to agree with their decision (killing of an alleged thief) could be seriously dealt with.

I think our government needs to give our youths proper education.

Orientation 101 (steps on how to hand over a thief to the right authorities) would be a good start.

5 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by KayDee4: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
Okija_juju:
1. She saw a mob lynching a person, she said nothing at first until she realised that it was one of her own..
4. If it were another person, she would have simply watched like everyone and did nothing.
What do you want her to do ? vouch for a stranger ? It is normal for her to say "I know my brother, he is not a thief".

Okija_juju:
2. The mob told her to run for her life.. meaning anyone who intervened would also have been kiled.
That's the problem with an illiterate mob, if you ever try to speak in protest for someone being lynched, you're putting your own life at risk. Once someone says "you're one of them", then your as$ is on fire.

The same Nigerian policemen that were supposed to go train S.Sudanese police, SMH.

4 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
hmm...

God please help us all.
None of us will experience such evil, trauma and madness in our lives and families.
Amen!

God give the families the strength to overcome this serious torture!
Amen!

How i wish the camera had actually caught a glimpse of the police officers it would have helped this case further.
hmm
cry

6 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Dignitary: 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
Okija_juju: WHERE ARE THOSE SUPERMEN IN THE HOUSE.. I dont believe the part of her saying a policeman said they should be burnt alive, however, here are things you should note in the story;

3. I remember overhearing someone in the video say 'You just pay your school fees yesterday come here dey thief'. Now that means that she was indeed there and was prolly the one who told them about the school fees matter.

[color=#770077]

FAILED SYSTEM
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Adanyebe(m): 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
i tink is high tym people reframe from the act of taking laws into their hands,... i mean what are the corpse for...and how much were they sure of the quartet being guilty of the alleged crime... whom are they to take the first stride to cast the stone
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by banom(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
@ Tekena's sister,

What else can i say ? Take heart. It is one of those things in life.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by VENUSS(f): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
police are now the ones to pass judgement?the neva do there police work finish. that why boko haram is killing them. stupid pple.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? / 'Nnewi Deities Exposed Kidnapper Evans, Neutralised His Charms’ / 2 Side Chics Fight At Lokoja Confluence Beach Over LG Chairman (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.