Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) (43043 Views)

ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution / Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Names Of The Masterminds Of The Gruesome Murder Of ALUU4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by forkadict(m): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
IMO, this girl should also be arrested and tried alongside the chief and those thirteen already in cyustody.

WTF?
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by UmericanGirl(f): 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2012
She was with a friend in the community? Surely the friend wasn't a stranger to the community then. She could have pleaded with the friend to help her.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by blocker: 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
Okija_juju: [b]WHERE ARE THOSE SUPERMEN IN THE HOUSE.. I dont believe the part of her saying a policeman said they should be burnt alive, however, here are things you should note in the story;

1. She saw a mob lynching a person, she said nothing at first until she realised that it was one of her own..

2. The mob told her to run for her life.. meaning anyone who intervened would also have been kiled.

3. I remember overhearing someone in the video say 'You just pay your school fees yesterday come here dey thief'. Now that means that she was indeed there and was prolly the one who told them about the school fees matter.

4. If it were another person, she would have simply watched like everyone and did nothing.

5. From her statement, its obvious that she didnt even try to persude the supposed police that it was her brother and that they shoudl rescue him.. She was simply gripped with fear..

6. She was there, but didnt feature in the video.. NOBODY BORN YOU WELL TO KILL MY FAMILY RELATIVE FOR MY FRONT... I would be front and center making and causing a scene..

Okija Juju your analysis is spot on but She should assist in identifying the people involved especially that BEAST that was smashing their skuls with a heavy plank since from your observation of the video the BEAST in question was asking one of the victims about his School fees as he was hoisting tyre on their necks. From all visual and oral accounts the Nigerian Police Force and Government generally cannot call this matter "CASE CLOSED" by sweeping it under the carpet.

FAILED SYSTEM [/b]
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by ghettodreamz(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
CrazyMan:
That's not an excuse.

I cannot watch you murder my brother before my eyes. She also should be blamed.

I would agree with okija_juju...

If she had created a scene, she might have saved them.

See judgement Have you forgotten she was but a lady? What scene would you have expected her to create in the face of ireful mobs who so desired to kill their fellow humans? Please try to be realistic here and stop following another man's flow.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by tpia5: 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
la furia: please tell me how do you want her to convince the mob that her brother is innocent. when the father of one of the victim says his wasnt a theif, a couple of people here says the father doesnt know his soon. i just want know HOW she could convice a crowd that already belief the boys were theives. whatever she does will be seen as just a blood relative attempt to rescue her brother. and beside the mob were illitrate.
if she shouts and goes naked or mad, people wud look and say eyya na the sister dey cry or don go mad b dat.
tell me just a fight in ur locality, how do u separate a fight.
if u have ever stop a mob beating, we would like to know how you did it. pple would learn..

there are various stories about people who stopped a mob beating at great risk to themselves. Not something that's easy. And the police are the ones who have the basic responsibility in such situations, apart from the various home training received in different kinds of homes.

the woman shouting "die "die", for example, will definitely raise her child to be a cold blooded killer with no human feeling.

there was a link i posted earlier with a story of how someone saw a thief being pursued by a mob, accuse a bystander of being the thief, just in order to get away quickly. The mob turned on the bystander and nearly beat him to death. They were about to roast him (for food?) when an old woman who lived in the vicinity, came out and begged for his life.

he was spared within inches of his life.

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by freecocoa(f): 5:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
Super1759: that's the point. She didn't go extra length. There is a way she will present her self and she will get backups.
I understand your point but people are different, Do you know that my cousin collapsed one time( she and I were home alone), the shock of what happened didn't even let me remember I own a phone to call for help, I just held her crying, fanning her with my hand, shouting at the top of my voice, calling jesus, God, angels and what have you, I would stand up to run outside only to end up back in the room, many things were running through my mind like if I left her in the room I'd not see her again, I was really confused, if not that my screams attracted our gateman who was outside the gate and he called for help, only God knows what would have happened, please don't underestimate shock, fear and other emotions, it can drive you nuts.

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Dee60: 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2012
What is being done about this case? Can the body of lawyers in the country rise to investigate if government fails to act? Or should we just wait and siddon look till the next one happens?

No wonder the government people send their children abroad! Do these people really care about Nigeria or they just want votes during election?
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by jbrodaly(m): 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2012
my love and prayers for the family.
But then this goes to show that people should always come to the aid of others.It means there were other students there who kept quiet and watch the dastardly act being committed.Now,why didn't other students try to contact the student union or even intervene still leaves me wondering...
If other students had tried to delay the whole thing before the arrival of others from the campus 4 lives would have been saved.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Horus(m): 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4APDVRbunns

[size=15pt]Government should be held responsible [/size]
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by freecocoa(f): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2012
CrazyMan:
Let's stick to the topic.

The sister said the police told the mob to lynch her brother...from what you're saying, and from what you read, its obvious that her story is false.

This has nothing to do with me having an encounter with them (police).

She lied period!
She saying the police asked them to burn the boys alive doesn't mean they brought the idea, the boys were about being burnt and the police agreed with the crowd that they be burnt, its that simple.

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by imoleayo55(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2012
Okija_juju: [b]WHERE ARE THOSE SUPERMEN IN THE HOUSE.. I dont believe the part of her saying a policeman said they should be burnt alive, however, here are things you should note in the story;

1. She saw a mob lynching a person, she said nothing at first until she realised that it was one of her own..

2. The mob told her to run for her life.. meaning anyone who intervened would also have been kiled.

3. I remember overhearing someone in the video say 'You just pay your school fees yesterday come here dey thief'. Now that means that she was indeed there and was prolly the one who told them about the school fees matter.

4. If it were another person, she would have simply watched like everyone and did nothing.

5. From her statement, its obvious that she didnt even try to persude the supposed police that it was her brother and that they shoudl rescue him.. She was simply gripped with fear..

6. She was there, but didnt feature in the video.. NOBODY BORN YOU WELL TO KILL MY FAMILY RELATIVE FOR MY FRONT... I would be front and center making and causing a scene..

FAILED SYSTEM [/b]
Bro, u get sense for this talk no be small....everytin u stated was nothing but the truth
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by BeraBera(f): 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
THEY SHOULD TRACE AND ARREST THE PERSON THAT BORROWED MONEY FROM ONE OF THE STUDENTS O!
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by ghettodreamz(m): 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2012

FAILED SYSTEM [/b]

Guy, I like your gut ooooo. But seriously, your analysis na poo. Stop being unrealistic and stop blaming the poor and helpless lady who had witnessed the death of her brother. It seems you have forgotten it's She and not He we are talking about here. And come to think of it, I'm definitely sure you wouldn't have been able to stop or abate the heinous act if you were in her shoe. Make you be front-man sef, you go run for your dear life believe me. He who fights and run away, lives to fight another day. QES

5 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2012
Chei, Cut her some slack before she kills herself, becos it can't be easy for her right now.

As for me Oh, we go enter ourselves for dat crowd. Dem go tire for the kind wahala dem 4 see. kill dem no go kill, oya make we dey go, we no go fit go, until others arrive.

Aluu will be the ones burying their dead.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by kaydibs(f): 5:16pm On Oct 12, 2012
Where are those stewpid tins dat have been spewing rubbbish from their dead brains on dis topic? dey shld come nd talk now na. Rubbish! It will neva be well for dat community! Nothing good will ever come out of there, AMEN!
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by CrazyMan(m): 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2012
ghettodreamz: See judgement Have you forgotten she was but a lady? What scene would you have expected her to create in the face of ireful mobs who so desire to kill their fellow humans? Please try to be realistic here and stop following another man's flow.
Its not about following another man's flow, its about doing what is right.

This is human life we're talking about not animals.

What kind of fear would make you watch in silence while your blood brother is being murdered like an animal?

I think its you who ought to get realistic here.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2012
Something is just not right with this story.

4 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by oubi: 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2012
ghettodreamz:

See judgement Have you forgotten she was but a lady? What scene would you have expected her to create in the face of ireful mobs who so desire to kill their fellow humans? Please try to be realistic here and stop following another man's flow.

Whn dealing wit mobs, females have mor imunity dan males. She wuld ђa√ع made a difference if she had created a scene.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by ghettodreamz(m): 5:18pm On Oct 12, 2012
xtrafly: As much as I feel pity for this babe, I'm very disappointed. A final year student of uniport watched them burn her brother alive?! Babe you don carry last. Were you scared or what? The whole thing lasted for over an hour and you did nothing! You'll forever live with the guilt that you didn't do enough to save your brother... I'm sure he would've done better for you.

Stop being judgmental we are talking about an ireful mob here, whose intents are to kill. So if you were in her shoe, you would have confronted them and fight them for the sake of your brother abi? Wake up man, and stop being unrealistic and passing awful judgement. Let's just pray this don't befall any of us nor our families, and for the concerned families God will grant them the courage to bear the irremediable loss. cry cry cry
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by ghettodreamz(m): 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
CrazyMan:
Its not about following another man's flow, its about doing what is right.

This is human life we're talking about not animals.

What kind of fear would make you watch in silence while your blood brother is being murdered like an animal?

I think its you who ought to get realistic here.

I've heard you, I'm not here for argument,every man has a right to his own opinion. Honestly, na person wey never see things go de yarn like this, I sabi wetin I de yarn, and I'm sure you have your own view to it too, so let's leave it there. God knows it all (Omniscient) and he allow things to happen for some reasons best known to him.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by lafuria1(m): 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2012
tpia@:

there are various stories about people who stopped a mob beating at great risk to themselves. Not something that's easy. And the police are the ones who have the basic responsibility in such situations, apart from the various home training received in different kinds of homes.

the woman shouting "die "die", for example, will definitely raise her child to be a cold blooded killer with no human feeling.

there was a link i posted earlier with a story of how someone saw a thief being pursued by a mob, accuse a bystander of being the thief, just in order to get away quickly. The mob turned on the bystander and nearly beat him to death. They were about to roast him (for food?) when an old woman who lived in the vicinity, came out and begged for his life.

he was spared within inches of his life.
they spared him because of an old woman they respect.

agree with u.my point is stoping a mob action is not as easy as some plle here are presnting it. i witness one in lagos, a hit and run taxi driver. he was chased down by 2 boys on okada, the were able to stop d driver, ask him to come down and they started beating him. his passenger just came out, held his hand on the head i was looking (in a very bad mood). may one not witness a mob action.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Super1759: 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2012
freecocoa: I understand your point but people are different, Do you know that my cousin collapsed one time( she and I were home alone), the shock of what happened didn't even let me remember I own a phone to call for help, I just held her crying, fanning her with my hand, shouting at the top of my voice, calling jesus, God, angels and what have you, I would stand up to run outside only to end up back in the room, many things were running through my mind like if I left her in the room I'd not see her again, I was really confused, if not that my screams attracted our gateman who was outside the gate and he called for help, only God knows what would have happened, please don't underestimate shock, fear and other emotions, it can drive you nuts.
you have a point. but thinking further from the story,she was with a friend. atleast,the friend knows her as well as her brother. at this point,the friend would have helped matter. don't tell me that if the girl and her friend were madly crying and holding on the police to intervene or even the mob, something should have been better. Remember she was giving a listening ear, so has an impact.
They girls have already accepted the story and can't do anything.am sure if they had known the details of the gist on time.the case would have been lighter
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by freecocoa(f): 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
For people asking what kinda fear would have held her, let me tell y'all something.
Fear can make you motionless
Shock can seize your tongue and you won't be able to utter a word.
Everybody is not the same and all you judging her, I bet you won't even know what you will do until faced with such.
People should try and be realistic na, haba!

4 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by ghettodreamz(m): 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
oubi:

Whn dealing wit mobs, females have mor imunity dan males. She wuld ђa√ع made a difference if she had created a scene.

Created a scene for being a lady abi? And if I may ask, which scene would you have created if you were her? GO unclad before the angry and desperate mob who were so determined to kill and never value human's life? They wouldn't be left with a better option than to beat the hell out of you, or abuse you, using their hands exploring the whole part of your God-given endowments cry cry cry

Abeg, let's be realistic. No time to judge people, I pray justice would be done by the rightful authorities in making sure the perpetrators of the wicked act never go unpunished appropriately paying them back in their own coins.

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by agog: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
my heart bled to read this. God judement will be visited on the familiies of the perpetrators IJN .
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Youngzedd(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by CrazyMan(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
freecocoa: She saying the police asked them to burn the boys alive doesn't mean they brought the idea, the boys were about being burnt and the police agreed with the crowd that they be burnt, its that simple.
Do you have any proof?

I gave up believing stories from this incident because each story counters the next one.

First the story was that they were caught around 3am in the morning. Then it became 5am.

Then another story claimed that they went to collect money from someone who owed them...

The story contradicted itself when it claimed that the (the students) were cultists.

As time passed by, the government and the senate became interested in the matter...the cultisim issue was dropped.

The students began to protest (one would wonder what took them so long)

The story took another shape. People said they were innocent, people said they were guilty (we're yet to find the exact truth)

The families and sympathizers started looking for people to blame. They blamed the village chief for supporting the execution (I would agree with them...the chief should be arrested)

They blamed the police for not responding quickly, later they said they were there but had no bullets in their guns.

Now they're saying the police gave them (the villagers) the go ahead on the lynching of the students.

I believe we're adults, and I believe we all want justice for the slain students.

But dragging the name of the police force who are working tirelessly to ensure that they (the dead students) get justice isn't the right way to go about it.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2012
I must be seeing double.

I thought Tekena was not a student. Is he now a student?
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by freecocoa(f): 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2012
Super1759: you have a point, but thinking further,from the story,she was with a friend.atleast,the friend knows her as well as brother.at this point,the friend would have helped matter.don't tell me that is the girl and her friend were crying and holding on the police to intervene or even the mob, something should have been better.
They girls have already accepted the story and can't do anything.am sure if they had known the details of the gist on time.the case would have been lighter
We don't know if her friend went with her but even if she did, we still don't know exactly what happened so let's be reasonable here, haven't you ever been in a situation where you later say to yourself "I'd have done this thing this way"? Only God really knows how the whole thing went, it seems to me that it was at the point of them almost being burnt that she came, she is a human being with emotions, her brain wouldn't have been intact seeing her brother in a pool of blood about to be burnt, it must have not been easy for her, do you even think its easy to pass through a crowd? Let's just cut her some slack please.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by freecocoa(f): 5:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
CrazyMan:
Do you have any proof?

I gave up believing stories from this incident because each story counters the next one.

First the story was that they were caught around 3am in the morning. Then it became 5am.

Then another story claimed that they went to collect money from someone who owed them...

The story contradicted itself when it claimed that the (the students) were cultists.

As time passed by, the government and the senate became interested in the matter...the cultisim issue was dropped.

The students began to protest (one would wonder what took them so long)

The story took another shape. People said they were innocent, people said they were guilty (we're yet to find the exact truth)

The families and sympathizers started looking for people to blame. They blamed the village chief for supporting the execution (I would agree with them...the chief should be arrested)

They blamed the police for not responding quickly, later they said they were there but had no bullets in their guns.

Now they're saying the police gave them (the villagers) the go ahead on the lynching of the students.

I believe we're adults, and I believe we all want justice for the slain students.

But dragging the name of the police force who are working tirelessly to ensure that they (the dead students) get justice isn't the right way to go about it.
Are you a policeman please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

'Nnewi Deities Exposed Kidnapper Evans, Neutralised His Charms’ / Yahoo-yahoo, Yahoo-plus, But Have You Heard About Yahoo-uber? / 2 Side Chics Fight At Lokoja Confluence Beach Over LG Chairman (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.