Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,205 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) (43102 Views)

ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution / Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Names Of The Masterminds Of The Gruesome Murder Of ALUU4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Welder(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
Horrific, Chilling, Cold. . .how else can one describe this events?

The land is filled with blood, blood of the young, even life is so cheap; it can be taken in the most gruesome manner.

When William Shakespare said "Hell is empty, Devils are here"; you feel he was referring to this people.

ALUU in Ibo actually means Abomination. What will tomorrow bring for our people?

We need you Lord, in our hearts!

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by moodswing(m): 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2012
Something is yet to add up according to series of event's and stories that has emanated from this. I am wholly against jungle justice, but I also know that people don't get beaten and burnt for doing nothing.

The question remains, if they actually did steal or commit any crime they are accused of, did they deserve to be burnt?, And the answer is NO!. Are they innocent?: I DON"T KNOW and truly doubt.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:23pm On Oct 12, 2012
CrazyMan: The thing is...during an execution of a thief, there is this demon that seems to possess people.

Everyone present in act are like...kill kill kill...no mercy no sympathy...and no one there would even bother to object such an act.

Maybe its because anyone who doesn't seem to agree with their decision (killing of an alleged thief) could be seriously dealt with.

I think our government needs to give our youths proper education.

Orientation 101 (steps on how to hand over a thief to the right authorities) would be a good start.

My guy..

Go and rewatched that video.. Listen in the background.. People were begging them to stop.. If she made a scene.. Shouting help.. Police.. He is a student.. Even strip herself butt naked swearing as she can, maybe.. maybe.. it might have been different..
The scene of that crime didnt look like were even a single frined of theirs was at let alone a blood related sister..

3 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by chucky234(m): 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2012
I read this morning in one of the pages of Sun newspaper,that's one tough experience she will live with for the rest of her life.
Sad,imagine watching your brother being maim,that's one hell of a traumatic experience.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Dignitary: 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2012
[quote author=Okija_juju][b]WHERE ARE THOSE SUPERMEN IN TH[/color]E HOUSE.. [color=red] I dont believe the part of her saying a policeman said they should be burnt alive, however, here are things you should note in the story;

1. She saw a mob lynching a person, she said nothing at first until she realised that it was one of her own..

2. The mob told her to run for her life.. meaning anyone who intervened would also have been kiled.

3. I remember overhearing someone in the video say 'You just pay your school fees yesterday come here dey thief'. Now that means that she was indeed there and was prolly the one who told them about the school fees matter.

4. If it were another person, she would have simply watched like everyone and did nothing.

[color=#000099]

Gibberish.

You sound very much like someone that is striving so hard to be intelligent...

Emotions are flying high and u are here making a thesis statement out of the tearful story of a young girl!!!

I do not need u to tell me your age,I know already !!!!

3 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by tpia5: 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
the police did not give the order to kill the boys.

where the police erred was in not rescuing them while they were talking to the mob.

they should have called for backup if threatened, and released a couple rounds of tear gas at least.

i assume they were told its an internal affair which they should stay out of, since that's how things are done around there.

i'm also assuming their boss told them to withdraw.

but notwithstanding, they must surely have known the students were going to be killed?
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2012
She watched helplessly. Oh so sad... cry cry
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
moodswing: Something is yet to add up according to series of event's and stories that has emanated from this. I am wholly against jungle justice, but I also know that people don't get beaten and burnt for doing nothing.

The question remains, if they actually did steal or commit any crime they are accused of, did they deserve to be burnt?, And the answer is NO!. Are they innocent?: I DON"T KNOW and truly doubt.

GBAM!!

I believe is that they were up to no good in whatever it was they went to do in Aluu community that early morning... There is no smoke with cause.

However, the mob lynching was utterly wrong.. Not even if they killed someone..

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by tpia5: 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
I remember overhearing someone in the video say 'You just pay your school fees yesterday come here dey thief'

bloodlust didnt let them reason correctly.

all they wanted to do was kill.

no plan to let this one pass them by. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Dis one pass me oh... Even police could not do anything. This lady can never have peace again becos she will keep seeing and hearing the screams of her brother. I never thought it possible dat any family member could watch as a mob killed their love ones. I will die with dem.

Peter said the same before Jesus was crucified grin it ain't easy my sister! She tried a lot to have even said he's her brother! The Police f*ckedup bigtime!

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by xtrafly(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2012

5 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Horus(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2012
The Police is as guilty as the killer, they came, they watched and they run away like coward instead of doing their duty. They should have investigated.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by freecocoa(f): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2012
Ah na wa, Kai I don't even know what to say o.
The kind of confusion and shock she must have been in then is enough to drive her nuts

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2012
Dignitary: Gibberish.

You sound very much like someone that is striving so hard to be intelligent...

Emotions are flying high and u are here making a thesis statement out of the tearful story of a young girl!!!

I do not need u to tell me your age,I know already !!!!

Tearful story?!

I didnt cry.. A sister stood by and watched them lynch her brother to death and did nothing.. thats all I gathered from the video and her testimony..

NEXT!!!

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2012
1We've heard from friends, mothers, fathers, now sisters, next uncles, granmas grandpas, girlfriends, ancestors.... there's no end to this undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by KayDee4: 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
chucky234: I read this morning in one of the pages of Sun newspaper,that's one tough experience she will live with for the rest of her life.
Sad,imagine watching your brother being maim,that's one hell of a traumatic experience.

She called into cool fm a couple of days ago to narrate the ordeal and said the same thing about the presence of policemen at the scene. I could just imagine what it feels like to watch your brother being brutalized and burnt to death; especially when he wasnt convicted of any crime yet. Horrible experience.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
He who kills by d sword shall also die by the sword! Argghhh! I'm vexing! angry
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by tpia5: 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
Listen in the background.. People were begging them to stop.. If she made a scene.. Shouting help.. Police.. He is a student.. Even strip herself butt Unclad swearing as she can, maybe.. maybe.. it might have been different..
The scene of that crime didnt look like were even a single frined of theirs was at let alone a blood related sister..

cant really wrap my mind around that fact.

she said she was scared. . . .

but i keep thinking of pocahontas- dont know if that's not realistic since you cant really predict how you'd act in certain situations.

its possible she's not his blood (or full) sister, and are they sure they're talking to the right person.

just wondering.

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Classicalman(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
Horus:

So it is the police who tell them “burn them alive”?
I always knew that the Police would have been there when the dastardly act was being perpetrated. They initially lied that they came and the people chased them away. Imagine civilians chasing away cops armed with AK47s. Truth don dey comot small small. Our cops are lying barstados.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by CrazyMan(m): 4:31pm On Oct 12, 2012
Horus: The Police is as guilty as the killer, they came, they watched and they run away like coward instead of doing their duty. They should have investigated.
Don't make accusations you aren't sure of.

That was the sister's story. It has so many question marks on it...I still don't believe that a Nigerian police would give a village mob the green light to lynch a human being.

Its not possible.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Ramcie(f): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
May God bless their souls. #ALUU4 . I still cry whenever I remember their faces and hear anything pertaining to them cry cry cry
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by tpia5: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2012
seems aluu is a demobilization camp for ex-militants.

were they there? And are there clashes between them and the indigenes?
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Horus(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2012
xtrafly: As much as I feel pity for this babe, I'm very disappointed. A final year student of uniport watched them burn her brother alive?! Babe you don carry last. Were you scared or what? The whole thing lasted for over an hour and you did nothing! You'll forever live with the guilt that you didn't do enough to save your brother... I'm sure he would've done better for you.

I think you didnt bother to read the article. The barbaric mob said: That I should run for my life that I would be the next one, fifth person.”
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by freecocoa(f): 4:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
Okija_juju:

My guy..

Go and rewatched that video.. Listen in the background.. People were begging them to stop.. If she made a scene.. Shouting help.. Police.. He is a student.. Even strip herself butt naked swearing as she can, maybe.. maybe.. it might have been different..

From her narration, its like she only got to know about it when they were being taken to the burrow pit for burning, they have already been tortured thoroughly, I guess the shock was too much for her but menh I'd rather die with him than stand o.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by PBundles(m): 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2012
Its called group think. Human beings can be easily incited to do wrong in group situations like this.

CrazyMan: The thing is...during an execution of a thief, there is this demon that seems to possess people.

Everyone present in act are like...kill kill kill...no mercy no sympathy...and no one there would even bother to object such an act.

Maybe its because anyone who doesn't seem to agree with their decision (killing of an alleged thief) could be seriously dealt with.

I think our government needs to give our youths proper education.

Orientation 101 (steps on how to hand over a thief to the right authorities) would be a good start.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by rallymento(m): 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2012
Aluu # Noun# ... A place where innocent students are lynched, burned alive and buried! Eg 4 students were taken to Aluu by some local vigilante men
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Okijajuju1(m): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
freecocoa: From her narration, its like she only got to know about it when they were being taken to the burrow pit for burning, they have already been tortured thoroughly, I guess the shock was too much for her but menh I'd rather die with him than stand o.

let me quote her;

Ibisobia, a part-time final year student of Marketing, at the same university who witnessed the incident, said on that fateful day, at about 7.30 am, she was at the house of her girl friend in the community when she heard people shouting outside. “I dashed out and beckoned on my friend to come since she lived in the area.

The thing attracted much noise and attention. I went there but did not actually see or recognize any of them, due to the crowd. “I heard when people were saying the people they (vigilance group) caught were strangers; that they want to burn them.

She saw a lynching and ignored it.. Then saw it was her brother and still did nothing..

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by PBundles(m): 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
If those who watched can be charged then shouldn’t the police also be charged. Actually I suspected this from the beginning but didn’t want to seem so negative. I was thinking to myself the presence of the police is the reason why they were bold enough to film this.

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by dvee2: 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
ever since this story came out,i have resisted the temptation of watching that video knowing fully well what it will do to my psyche. there is no justification,i repeat there is no justification for taking law into our hands. imagine what there family are going through. i will never wish that on a fellow human being. what has come upon our people? why is human life becoming soo cheap in my beloved country? what is our higher institution turning into? what future awaits our children? too many whys,please help me understand.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by freecocoa(f): 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2012
CrazyMan:
Don't make accusations you aren't sure of.

That was the sister's story. It has so many question marks on it...I still don't believe that a Nigerian police would give a village mob the green light to lynch a human being.

Its not possible.
You are wrong mister, the NPF is capable of anything, its been confirmed by many people that the police indeed came there, that one even hit the boys with his gun saying " you go thief abi" and then left, didn't you read the statement by the policemen there on that day? Their excuse is that they didn't have sufficient bullet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ademola Adebukola ‘Holy Ghost’ Sent To Prison For Fraud (Photos) / Herbalist Storms Yahooboy's Home To Demand Her Share Of His "Collection" (Vid) / Usifo Ataga: Chidinma Ojukwu In Court Over Murder Of Super TV Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.