Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) (43108 Views)

ALUU4: Dismissed Sergeant Faces Prosecution / Pictures Of 13 Suspects Of UNIPORT Killings (Aluu4) / Names Of The Masterminds Of The Gruesome Murder Of ALUU4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Litmus: 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2012
Terribly, terribly sad case but has the time now come for State Police?

RIP
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by baibbieboy: 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
Well I was online with one of my friend in PH, she told me that the whole thing is cult related. The person they went to attack actually shouted thief and the whole community took it from there. She said robbers has been disturbing that community in recent times.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by wizzymate(m): 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
So if there is no God, or even if
there is but he doesn't choose to
help you, then you are dead out
of luck
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Horus(m): 8:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
The Police didnt even bother to call for an ambulance when some of the students were still alive
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by AyeeIdris(f): 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2012
I fit tiRe for Nigerians sha. You guys have cursed and abused the Aluu community for standing by and doing nothing and now that its one of the victim's sister, its suddenly ok? She was in shock. She would have beeen killed too? Now its perfectly reasonable that she didn't do anything. Hypocrisy will not kill us.
That being said, bo, I have 3 brothers and I WILL not stand by and watch them beaten to death. Which bloody shock. Whether na cry, whether na to provoke, I will sha react. How can I possibly live with myself if I was there and did nothing? This is my blood. At that time. My own preservation is furthest from my mind.

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Ishilove: 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Dis one pass me oh... Even police could not do anything. This lady can never have peace again becos she will keep seeing and hearing the screams of her brother. I never thought it possible dat any family member could watch as a mob killed their love ones. I will die with dem.
seconded. They will have to kill me too
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by MadCow1: 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
[b]Nairalanders.... Amazing sets of people..

Several people here swore fire and brimstone on the crowd of onlookers that didn't stop he carnage and now they are defending the sister that didn't even as much as talk the the police that she said was there..

It's easy to allow sentiments becloud your reasoning..

The onlookers had no reason to stop that carnage as much as this sister had.. Yes she may have been afraid to step in, but the point is that of all the people in that crowd, she was directly involved as it was her blood brother that was being lynched.

If maybe she had put up a scene, maybe some of the onlookers who didn't like what was going on would have rallied around her to intervene. But as nobody make noise, it was nobody's business..

Now in Nigerian jungle justice system, girl are rarely killed. Infact, if a girl steals, she's beaten, stripped naked and paraded around town but never killed or burnt. I doubt they would have killed her. She allowed fear silence her. She had an obligation to do something, and the sad truth is according to her testimony, she didn't.[/b]

3 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by XKZ(m): 9:27pm On Oct 12, 2012
“Tekena has been my younger brother for
many years."

3 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by gunuvi(m): 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
Please someone should tell this lady to shut the Bleep up!. I have had enough pain from their death and her useless story is to me like insult upon injury. If its my family, God forbid, I won't be typing this by now or better still all the four boys and I will be granting interviews now on how we were able to overcome envy in a dark community.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by CGKing(m): 10:05pm On Oct 12, 2012
Girl or no girl. What I know is:

1. NOTHING would hsve stopped what was going to happen. That community is a murderous community n they wanted to experience killing another human being. Before any human being can subject another human being to these tortures, they must have first dehumanised themselves. They must have first loathed themselves. This is d only way, they would have been able to go thru that experience. They wanted to kill somebody for the feeling or frenzy of killing n no kind of reasoning would have stopped them. Didn't anybody notice they were children in school? In fact from the video they knew. They spoke about school fees. Any normal human being would first have presented the matter to the school because they obviously knew they were from the school. The only reason they did not go to the school was becos they knew that it would most definitely be show over. They really wanted the thrill. N to experience the frenzy of killing someone.

2. How can a normal human being kill a student for goodness sake? How? If it were only one man or two ppl present in d killings, I would be willing to understand that there were no conflict of opinion n so on but there were hundreds of ppl there r no single person raised an opposition. Every single man present that day is a murderer. I can't even watch d video one complete time yet some body was there live! They even recorded it.

3. The aluu community wanted to share the thrill so they recorded no exported their evil natur, their tots, their desires. Hoping also that their actions would be justified.

4. This is what I know about jungle justice killings n if u notice, they always go d same way. These kind of killings always first attempt to dehumanise the victim of their Attack before their eyes. They do this to work on their hearts n their minds in order to convince themselves that the objects of their attack kill whatever respect they could have. They convince themselves that the victim, is not worth living. Compare it with this: why do ppl seem to love to strip public offenders off their clothings? Y? There is really no reason for it other than the feeling of seeing another's unclothedness.

Nothing can ever justify what these ppl did. They knew what they wanted, it wasn't their justice, it wasn't for anything rational. It was for the excitement of it. For the experience of killing s human. They wanted to see blood onnthe ground,they wanted to see snother man suffer n they wanted to dominate another man. This is a murderous community and may the heavens n earth never forgive them for what they did.

6 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by ignis: 10:22pm On Oct 12, 2012
Take heart Sister
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by walexbiz(m): 10:30pm On Oct 12, 2012
CrazyMan: The thing is...during an execution of a thief, there is this demon that seems to possess people.

Everyone present in act are like...kill kill kill...no mercy no sympathy...and no one there would even bother to object such an act.

Maybe its because anyone who doesn't seem to agree with their decision (killing of an alleged thief) could be seriously dealt with.

I think our government needs to give our youths proper education.

Orientation 101 (steps on how to hand over a thief to the right authorities) would be a good start.

if they knew justice would be done they would have handed the boys to the police. This is a classical case of a malfunctitiution why they masses resolve to settle the case through jungle justice.it just shows that civility has not yet evolved.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by tailek(m): 10:35pm On Oct 12, 2012
Super1759: A sister of one of the four University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) students brutally murdered last Friday in Umuokiri village, Aluu, Rivers State, has narrated how her younger brother and his friends were lynched.

Miss Ibisobia Elkanah, elder sister of Tekena Friday Elkanah, revealed yesterday that policemen visited the scene where the students were burnt to death after they were severely injured and that one of the law enforcement agents told the perpetrators of the dastardly act “to burn them alive”

The murdered students, Chiadika Lordson, Ugonna Kelechi Obusor, Mike Lloyd Toku, and Tekena Elkanah, all part two students, were murdered in cold blood over alleged theft of a laptop computer and a blackberry phone. Ibisobia, a part-time final year student of Marketing, at the same university who witnessed the incident, said on that fateful day, at about 7.30 am, she was at the house of her girl friend in the community when she heard people shouting outside. “I dashed out and beckoned on my friend to come since she lived in the area.

The thing attracted much noise and attention. I went there but did not actually see or recognize any of them, due to the crowd. “I heard when people were saying the people they (vigilance group) caught were strangers; that they want to burn them.

They said they were asking them questions, so that they could know their senders.” She said after that, she went back to her friend’s house, but could not stay there. “I went back again. I went through the bush path so that I could see them properly. I started jumping to see if I could see them. I jumped again but saw nothing. I jumped the second time and I saw Tekena. Tekena happened to be my brother. “I told myself that I was not seeing well, this thing is a lie. I jumped the third time, I saw Lloyd (one of the victims). So, I started shouting.

From what I gathered, the first time I came, they said they were not known; that they were strangers. As I identified them, I started shouting. Ibisobia said she continued shouting that Tekena was her brother, saying that he came to her on Thursday in school and she gave him his school fees. “I told them that somebody should allow me to ask him what happened and what he came to do. He would confide in me. He was wailing and in a pool of blood.”

“Tekena has been my younger brother for many years. I saw them as they lay in the water naked with leaves covering their unclothedness.” His elder sister said she struggled and entered the crowd. Somebody shouted “Who is that? What is she doing inside?” “People were pushing me and I started crying. He is my brother! He is not a thief! Somebody behind me said O’girl run for your life.

About two persons turned and asked, are you sure he is your brother, and said may be I was the person that sent him to go and steal.” Ibisobia replied them that how could she send him, that she did not look as such. ‘They said I should run for my life that I would be the next one, fifth person.” The young lady lamented that before she could get to her friend’s room to call her family members, she learnt that the mob had taken them to the burrow pit. “So, I went there again.

I called my family and they started coming. The police van came, went into the mob and they were talking to them (youths). The people kept quiet as police were making statements. “I heard them laughing. You know, they were happy. They kept quiet again. Police talked and they laughed again. The next was for me to see three policemen coming out of the mob, boarded their van. And, one of the said “burn them alive”. “I must confess, I was gripped with fear.

I had the intention to talk to the man that said they should be burnt alive. As soon as they (police) drove off, I saw the flames. I was thinking they burnt them after they had killed them. Later, I discovered that they were burnt while they were alive.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/aluu-4-i-watched-them-kill-my-brother-tekenas-sister/

.....hmmmmm! Even if the mob were stupid, what about the so called 'POLICE'? My finger is crossed for IG's decision and action
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by MadCow1: 10:49pm On Oct 12, 2012
CGKing: Girl or no girl. What I know is:

1. NOTHING would hsve stopped what was going to happen. That community is a murderous community n they wanted to experience killing another human being. Before any human being can subject another human being to these tortures, they must have first dehumanised themselves. They must have first loathed themselves. This is d only way, they would have been able to go thru that experience. They wanted to kill somebody for the feeling or frenzy of killing n no kind of reasoning would have stopped them. Didn't anybody notice they were children in school? In fact from the video they knew. They spoke about school fees. Any normal human being would first have presented the matter to the school because they obviously knew they were from the school. The only reason they did not go to the school was becos they knew that it would most definitely be show over. They really wanted the thrill. N to experience the frenzy of killing someone.

2. How can a normal human being kill a student for goodness sake? How? If it were only one man or two ppl present in d killings, I would be willing to understand that there were no conflict of opinion n so on but there were hundreds of ppl there r no single person raised an opposition. Every single man present that day is a murderer. I can't even watch d video one complete time yet some body was there live! They even recorded it.

3. The aluu community wanted to share the thrill so they recorded no exported their evil natur, their tots, their desires. Hoping also that their actions would be justified.

4. This is what I know about jungle justice killings n if u notice, they always go d same way. These kind of killings always first attempt to dehumanise the victim of their Attack before their eyes. They do this to work on their hearts n their minds in order to convince themselves that the objects of their attack kill whatever respect they could have. They convince themselves that the victim, is not worth living. Compare it with this: why do ppl seem to love to strip public offenders off their clothings? Y? There is really no reason for it other than the feeling of seeing another's unclothedness.

Nothing can ever justify what these ppl did. They knew what they wanted, it wasn't their justice, it wasn't for anything rational. It was for the excitement of it. For the experience of killing s human. They wanted to see blood onnthe ground,they wanted to see snother man suffer n they wanted to dominate another man. This is a murderous community and may the heavens n earth never forgive them for what they did.

[b]

First of all, I disagree that nothing could have stopped that lynching.. The police could have stopped it, the crowd could have stopped it, the chief of the town could have stopped it and above all, the girl could have done something about it. Aluu community took the law into their hands because of the failure of the police to protect them. I guess they wanted to set an example for the others.

100s of people didn't raise an objection prolly because somewhere in their minds, they believed they believed they had caught the robbers who had been terrorising them and prolly had killed residents of the community in the past, so I can understand them not raising an objection, but I can't wrap my head around the sister also not raising a loud and noticeable objection. She was so quiet that none of the testimonies so far from eye witnesses even spoke about her presence there.

The point with jungle justice is always to set an example.. The wages of crime is death.. For the women, it's unclothedness and some beatings, for the guys, beatings, unclothedness and burning.

The actions of the people of Aluu can be justified from a jungle justice point of view, they caught criminals who had been terrorising them and executed their own form of justice, sending a message to others that in Aluu, robbers get killed. When Bakassi boys took over Abia state and Anambra state and started executing known criminals in public, people were happy, same for Lagos with OPC. This is not a first time occurrence.. The only difference is that this is the first time we have seen a live jungle justice court in action and now we all know that indeed its inhumane. If that video didn't come out, the sentiments flowing around today wouldn't be as much.. Because very few would be able to appreciate the cruelty and barbaric nature of jungle justice. It's an African phenomenon, Ghana does it, Kenya does it same as Nigeria, but this is the first video of one.

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by rman: 10:57pm On Oct 12, 2012
NAIRALANDERS ARE BLOODY HYPOCRITES AND TOO FULL OF SENTIMENTS!

WE ALL WANT ALL THE ONLOOKERS BURNT AND ARRESTED FOR MURDER AND WHEN ONE NOW TURNS OUT TO BE A SISTER TO ONE OF THE BOYS, WE MADE EXCUSES FOR HER.

HABA PEOPLE!!!

ONLY OKIJAJUJU, SISI KILL AND VERY FEW HAVE APPROACHED THIS ISSUE WITHOUT SENTIMENTS.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by hardeyincah(m): 11:07pm On Oct 12, 2012
Hmmmmm, m short of words... But I nust say sumtin, every student residing in ALUU or close to ALUU are cowards... If not for the fact that she recognized one of dem to be his brother, she would av just watch the way oda student where watching.. Definatly the student of Uniport are not self defending, u there not try that with schools Like Ekpoma,OOU, UNIBEN... Indigene are always scared of student even more than the NPF.... It's just sadden that the student around there watched how four of their fellow student where bin killed in Cold blood... It's so pathetic that dis guy are gone, may God give their families the fortitude to bear the loss.. Weeping....
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Nobody: 11:08pm On Oct 12, 2012
oubi:

Whn dealing wit mobs, females have mor imunity dan males. She wuld ђa√ع made a difference if she had created a scene.

And you know that for sure, huh? The irate mob would just leave the boys alone, apologize for the inconvenience, and let them all go? Elkanah's sister wouldn't have been lynched too?

A lot of folk here are saying you'd die with your sibling / family member. It's easy to say so, until you're placed in the frame. The truth is, no one can know for sure how he / she'll react, it's all pure hypothesis. Many people would slit their granny's throat for less than $250, yet they're all being high and mighty, and blaming Elkanah's sister for doing too little to save her kid brother from a mob even the NPF claimed "overwhelmed" them.

Get real guys!

#JusticeforAluu4

4 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by sesanrota(m): 11:12pm On Oct 12, 2012
Mad Cow:

[b]

First of all, I disagree that nothing could have stopped that lynching.. The police could have stopped it, the crowd could have stopped it, the chief of the town could have stopped it and above all, the girl could have done something about it. Aluu community took the law into their hands because of the failure of the police to protect them. I guess they wanted to set an example for the others.

100s of people didn't raise an objection prolly because somewhere in their minds, they believed they believed they had caught the robbers who had been terrorising them and prolly had killed residents of the community in the past, so I can understand them not raising an objection, but I can't wrap my head around the sister also not raising a loud and noticeable objection. She was so quiet that none of the testimonies so far from eye witnesses even spoke about her presence there.

The point with jungle justice is always to set an example.. The wages of crime is death.. For the women, it's unclothedness and some beatings, for the guys, beatings, unclothedness and burning.

The actions of the people of Aluu can be justified from a jungle justice point of view, they caught criminals who had been terrorising them and executed their own form of justice, sending a message to others that in Aluu, robbers get killed. When Bakassi boys took over Abia state and Anambra state and started executing known criminals in public, people were happy, same for Lagos with OPC. This is not a first time occurrence.. The only difference is that this is the first time we have seen a live jungle justice court in action and now we all know that indeed its inhumane. If that video didn't come out, the sentiments flowing around today wouldn't be as much.. Because very few would be able to appreciate the cruelty and barbaric nature of jungle justice. It's an African phenomenon, Ghana does it, Kenya does it same as Nigeria, but this is the first video of one.

[/b]

I support your assertions in its entirety.......sentiments have beclouded most people judgement on Nairaland and its saddening.

Aluu Omoakri is a student dominated area meaning the population of students there are more than the indegines....lets solve that riddle
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by fairygeh(f): 11:20pm On Oct 12, 2012
I dont understand how a sister would watch her own blood brother die in her presence and barely a week after she is wearing makeup.i dont suppose that was the same makeup dt she was wearing on the day the incidence occured,so she is conscious about appearing beautiful before a camera? She doesnt strike me as someone who is griefstricken and just witnessed the murder of her brother,i mean she shdnt even remember what makeup means yet even using earrings?long one and still some smaller ones to compliment it.like seriously dont they mourn from what ever part of Nigeria she is from.there are timÉs when even if i am a little disturbed about something not serious,i dont even think of making up not to talk of dis very sad event. not condemning her though and she cant. Certainly be happy about her brothers death but hmmmm if her hands were tied about not being able to save her brother from death den she should atleast make us feel her painS.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Ademolag(m): 11:42pm On Oct 12, 2012
My God! Things have really fallen apart in this country
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 12, 2012
NOW LET US HEAR THE CONCLUSION OF THIS MATTER...THE GUILTY PERSONS ARE: THE ALUU COMMUNITY HEAD(ALHAJI WALEWA)WHO GAVE THE DEATH SENTENCE...THE GUYS THAT KILLED THE SUSPECTS IN THE MOST DEGRADING MANNER AND THE NIGERIAN POLICEMEN THAT WENT THERE BUT DID NOTHING TO SALVAGE THE LIVES OF THOSE BOYS...AND THE CHIEF EYE WITNESS IS TEKENA'S ELDER SISTER(Though her story is a bit fishy...She said "Tekena has been my younger brother for many years"...Are you sure they are related by blood ...The answer to that question could be the main reason why she didn't have the guts to create a daring scene there).....#JUST MY SLEEPY THOUGHT

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by somegirl1: 12:13am On Oct 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

My guy..

Go and rewatched that video.. Listen in the background.. People were begging them to stop.. If she made a scene.. Shouting help.. Police.. He is a student.. Even strip herself butt naked swearing as she can, maybe.. maybe.. it might have been different..
The scene of that crime didnt look like were even a single frined of theirs was at let alone a blood related sister..

you can say tha now cos you weren't in her position. Do you think she'd have been thinking clearly?

freecocoa: From her narration, its like she only got to know about it when they were being taken to the burrow pit for burning, they have already been tortured thoroughly, I guess the shock was too much for her but menh I'd rather die with him than stand o.

perhaps she thought she still had a chance of saving him.

It's horrific that she had to see her brother being tortured.
I think the shock would cause most people to be confused.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:35am On Oct 13, 2012
All this one they are talking is Aluu language. The policemen on duty that went for that trip should be tracked and tried. They are the real murderers because they had all the time to save those kids. Evil lives in their heart. Definitely the worst story of this whole ALUUMINATI episode.

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by SweetMouth(m): 12:51am On Oct 13, 2012
I've followed the stories coming out from Nigeria regarding the 4 Uniport students that were killed in the most gruesome way ever in the history of mankind with onlookers cheering in support. How pathetic!
And also more pathetic is some comments of people & the attitude of the govt concerning this issue & I'm forced to ask the question; WHAT VALUE DOES THE GOVERNMENT PLACES ON THE LIVES OF HER CITIZENS? Are we aware the president & RS govt has not made any official statement regarding this matter?

3 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:08am On Oct 13, 2012
CrazyMan:
Its not about following another man's flow, its about doing what is right.

This is human life we're talking about not animals.

What kind of fear would make you watch in silence while your blood brother is being murdered like an animal?

I think its you who ought to get realistic here.

She only had two options go and get help or die with them. If you were in her shoes and the Officers you tried getting couldn't help, won't you go looking for another alternative.

1 Like

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:21am On Oct 13, 2012
freecocoa: We don't know if her friend went with her but even if she did, we still don't know exactly what happened so let's be reasonable here, haven't you ever been in a situation where you later say to yourself "I'd have done this thing this way"? Only God really knows how the whole thing went, it seems to me that it was at the point of them almost being burnt that she came, she is a human being with emotions, her brain wouldn't have been intact seeing her brother in a pool of blood about to be burnt, it must have not been easy for her, do you even think its easy to pass through a crowd? Let's just cut her some slack please.

From my study of her statement:

When she first came there, her brother and his friends have not been moved to the Burrow pit to be burnt.

By the time she came with the Officers, the Vigilante men have already moved them to the Burrow Pit for burning.

When the Officers were through talking with the Natives, they understood the plan was to burn them alive.

As the Officers left, one of them Screamed Burn them alive.

So when she went for help, she had no idea they were about to be burnt. The police officers she brought made her believe the situation will be settled and that took away a lot of time she might have done something else to save the life of her younger brother.

Heart Wrenching.

cry

3 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:23am On Oct 13, 2012
SweetMouth: I've followed the stories coming out from Nigeria regarding the 4 Uniport students that were killed in the most gruesome way ever in the history of mankind with onlookers cheering in support. How pathetic!
And also more pathetic is some comments of people & the attitude of the govt concerning this issue & I'm forced to ask the question; WHAT VALUE DOES THE GOVERNMENT PLACES ON THE LIVES OF HER CITIZENS? Are we aware the president & RS govt has not made any official statement regarding this matter?

I actually asked that. Especially something that affects the way the world looks at us. This is the time the government should have come in to make a statement.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:29am On Oct 13, 2012
dvdon:
Bros all these points are quite clear but u r sounding these way because u haven't really pictured in ur visual mind. Such a scene could be terrifying first seeing ur broda and still paundering somwhere that u could be dreaming secondly as a female the fear of being probed into the lynch must be terrifying 2 her she did wat she thought was best by calling her family but the point I strongly agree with u is the one that asked why she didn't beg and persuade the police men 2 save her broda.

Finally I don think you would have been able 2 stop d lynch if u hv someone close to u there on your own without ending up roasted too.

Why do you think they followed her down there. The police have made up their mind to allow the kids die. It is like calling someone to save a burning child in a building and the person says Die Child. She already wasted a lot of time getting the police in the first place. Begging them would have wasted more time.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by somegirl1: 1:37am On Oct 13, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

From my study of her statement:

When she first came there, her brother and his friends have not been moved to the Burrow pit to be burnt.

By the time she came with the Officers, the Vigilante men have already moved them to the Burrow Pit for burning.

When the Officers were through talking with the Natives, they understood the plan was to burn them alive.

As the Officers left, one of them Screamed Burn them alive.

So when she went for help, she had no idea they were about to be burnt. The police officers she brought made her believe the situation will be settled and that took away a lot of time she might have done something else to save the life of her younger brother.

Heart Wrenching.

cry

my deduction as well

2 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by somegirl1: 1:43am On Oct 13, 2012
fairygeh: I dont understand how a sister would watch her own blood brother die in her presence and barely a week after she is wearing makeup.i dont suppose that was the same makeup dt she was wearing on the day the incidence occured,so she is conscious about appearing beautiful before a camera? She doesnt strike me as someone who is griefstricken and just witnessed the murder of her brother,i mean she shdnt even remember what makeup means yet even using earrings?long one and still some smaller ones to compliment it.like seriously dont they mourn from what ever part of Nigeria she is from.there are timÉs when even if i am a little disturbed about something not serious,i dont even think of making up not to talk of dis very sad event. not condemning her though and she cant. Certainly be happy about her brothers death but hmmmm if her hands were tied about not being able to save her brother from death den she should atleast make us feel her painS.

People grieve differently,. some bottle it up, some wail
No one can teach the bereaved how to grieve.
Wearing make up or not wouldn't ease her pain.
Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:45am On Oct 13, 2012
Okija_juju:

She exhibited cowardice..

Now let me ask you all here one question...

WOULD THE ANY MOTHERS OF THOSE BOYS IN THE SAME SITUATION AS THIS GIRL STAND BY AND WATCH?!!!

I SAY HELLLLLLZZZZ NO!!!

I expected to see her rolling on the floor, crying her eyeballz out.. Her voice should have been the loudest in that video.. She should have thrown herself at their mercy.. Done something.. Not stand and watch as if she didnt know them.. Strip herself N`aked.. WTF!!
angry

You are not are not analysing the issue. You are just looking at it from a literal perspective. That is why someone said you are not being visual.

1. She found out her brother is being tortured for stealing.

2. She tries to convince the people her brother is not a thief and someone says if you don't live here, you will be next. (ie. You better go and get help instead of shouting here if not you will be killed with them and achieve nothing)

3. She goes to get help (During that time her brother is moved to the burrow pit to be tortured, burnt and killed. This community isn't township like PH/ABJ/LAG. It will take a lot of time to get help and get the police moving).

4. By the time the Officers get there, they are about to be burnt. The Officers go in and she expects the ordeal to be over.

5. After the Officers discuss with them they come out and she is expecting good news. Only to hear burn them alive. She thinks what to do should she try pursuing the Officers to help her save her brother, when she sees fumes.

Now tell me How she will strip and Roll. Please be more analytic before concluding someone is a coward.

#JusticeforAluu4

3 Likes

Re: 'I Watched Them Kill My Brother' Tekena's Sister (ALUU4) by UmericanGirl(f): 1:55am On Oct 13, 2012
So many people are saying that if you were the sister that no matter how bad the situation you would have done something. You cant know that. Unless you are in that position of shock then you cant say what you would or would not have done.

As a mother I have been in a situation where my own child was dying and I was in too much shock to think clearly let alone do anything.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Herbalist Storms Yahooboy's Home To Demand Her Share Of His "Collection" (Vid) / Ademola Adebukola ‘Holy Ghost’ Sent To Prison For Fraud (Photos) / Usifo Ataga: Chidinma Ojukwu In Court Over Murder Of Super TV Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.