Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

My Conversation With An American Lady - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Conversation With An American Lady (21491 Views)

My Conversation With A Girl I Met / My Conversation With An American Lady / How To Start And Maintain An Online Conversation With A Stranger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 24, 2012
*Kails*:

^^^ is this really Omotodun? grin

wow. kudos for this. smiley
My dear it is I. I have stopped smoking weed so I can now think more lucidly.
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 24, 2012
Much ado about nothing. Africa is unimportant to the West, why would they want to know about u? The inferior is the one that knows about the superior and not the other way round. We all know America, UK, Dollars, Pounds etc. How many of them know the naira?
Abeg get real, we don't have any thing to offer them. We all know Dangote and Adenuga but do they know us? No, because we are irrelevant to them.
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by solomon111(m): 8:07am On Oct 24, 2012
Aqva: Much ado about nothing. Africa is unimportant to the West, why would they want to know about u? The inferior is the one that knows about the superior and not the other way round. We all know America, UK, Dollars, Pounds etc. How many of them know the naira?
Abeg get real, we don't have any thing to offer them. We all know Dangote and Adenuga but do they know us? No, because we are irrelevant to them.
you are a dumb mudafurker!!
What a waste.
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 24, 2012
solomon111: you are a dumb mudafurker!!
What a waste.
Ur fada is dumber
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 24, 2012
A-town:
How many nigerians that were born and bred in Lagos know anything about other states in Nigeria? shocked

True, I never knew anything bout the island apart from the bar beach until after my secondary school and I knew islanders who have never been to the mainland till after their secondary school.

Fast forward to the UK, I have friends from Manchester that the farthest they have gone south in England is Birmingham. They have never been to London and these are men and women in their late 20's to early 30's.

If I don't have any business doing in Azerbaijan, why would I want to know what language they speak or whether It's located in Europe or Asia.
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by ghettodreamz(m): 8:18am On Oct 24, 2012
So many insults and name calling flying about..

Make I hide my head inside my lappy bag jare grin grin grin
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 24, 2012
dayokanu:

Infact I can bet a lot of people in Nigeria and on Nairaland would call Mexicans and every hispanic "Whitemen"

You need to watch a nollywood movie called "white hunters" on youtube. Very irritating movie, Indians were used as white men in that movie. An average naija sees no difference.
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by Sijo01(f): 8:36am On Oct 24, 2012
ghettodreamz: So many insults and name calling flying about..

Make I hide my head inside my lappy bag jare grin grin grin

won't that suffocate you deari?...... My laps will do bera.
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 24, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Lol @ op eehya, pele o. Are you an F.O.B (Another word for JJC)? If yes, you will soon get use to it. I can remember the first time when I got one of this kind of ignorant question. I was shocked at first, but then like i have always done I came up with a witty comment from the top of my head.

The ignorant girl- Do you guys live on trees in Nigeria?

Me- Oh yes of course we do, if i can recall correctly, when Bill clinton and his family came to Nigeria in the year 2000 my family had to give up our little spot on the tree for him and his family to stay in.

She got the message fast enough. grin

This shizz got me laffing like a jackal. cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

Yes, I'm still a JJC.
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by Mynd44: 8:44am On Oct 24, 2012
Sijo01:

won't that suffocate you deari?...... My laps will do bera.
How come I did not get that invite too?
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by seechris(m): 8:47am On Oct 24, 2012
If only you guys know how big America is, there are some really remote parts of America where some people are born live and die, a community of about 200 people. Shut off from the world, I heard of an American who's dream was to visit New York, but never saved enough t. Fare
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by InvertedHammer: 8:47am On Oct 24, 2012
Well, an average American does not give a hoot about life outside USA. Not that they need to anyways.
Most of them do not even have international passport(s). You can laugh at the ignorant lady all
you want, but I bet she does not give a rat's a_s
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by drnoel: 9:04am On Oct 24, 2012
MzFancy: Oga-ade pack well I see no biggie in what happend,so dyu wannaa tell me u knw all d countries and states,tke for example Asia!?it just luks weird cos u from nigeria.Local Wannabe Boi
sorry it had nothing to do with wanting to be or as u put it. 4give me, if I offended u with my comment. I didnt expect him to know all the countries of the world but to call Africa a countries twice after I had corrected him was a little too much 4 me. Or pls tell me, when has it being a problem to share a story that one relates to. I see u don't have anything better doing so u come here this early looking 4 someone 2 insult, just like many people do here on NL. I can understand if u don't have anything 2 share, but pls try to resist the urge to insult people that do have something to share regardless of if their story is weird. I don't even know why I am lecturing u now, I realy think its a waste of my time. I'll return to work.

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by khalids: 9:11am On Oct 24, 2012
Well let me quote a line from a movie i watched.... Do you has a man care about the life of an insect, why then do you think that we (gods) would care about about the life of men..

My point here is simply this, They believe they are the world super power and the greatest nation in the world and as such think all other nations are beneath them ....so they really don't think there is much to learn outside their borders.
Secondly their media feeds them with what they want them to know and think........Its really not the fault of the average American, they are simple casualties/products of their society...JUST MY BIT, I MIGHT BE WRONG THOUGH

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by alleviate2002us(m): 9:56am On Oct 24, 2012
pDude:
Girl: yes but I guess that what our poor educational system does to us. They don't teach anything I schools these days. All we wanna do is do drugs and party.

Oh boy, I shame for the babe o. As she old reach, she nor get anything for her head. Na only to dey talk about her boyfriend fvcking her, partying and pressing iPhone.
Na wa o sad sad

*Laff don carri me enta Mud-water*

I hope you didn't ask were her brain was (offline), she may have pointed to her mouth. Na them this onces go quick dey do cosmetic manipulations(surgery).

Bros abeg yo attention is needed here.....https://www.nairaland.com/987257/new-born-babies-could-mothers
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by MOBBDEEP: 10:19am On Oct 24, 2012
mayorteeny:

Well you did say he was a product of a "faulty educational system". Dude just told you he graduated from CIT. Next time don't assume everyone on NL went to mushroom schools, yes Nigerian schools inclusive. I know products of "faulty educational systems" that are whooping academic and extracurricular asses in some of the world's best schools. Wetin you get for ur SAT or GRE sef? Abeg which skool u go and wetin be ur GPA? Olodo.

TJ Mz, chill now. Mrs Chima & 'Omo to dun' started the name calling. No one enjoys his/her ego being trampled on nor derided.
For one, the theme of the post was not what brought about the conversation but people started carving him that he attracted his likes. Therefore, we shouldn't talk to the so-called dredges of the society. I personally fault their response but then, for my pocket!

Secondly, I guess what surprised Pdude was the fact that this lady is a scholar - a representative of an average American (the purported advanced man), as against the Primitives ( the inhabitants of hinterlands e.g the West Indies & the remote Central America). She ought to know. Despite our landmass size (which even is still not too small to be considered negligible), I guessed there's been a lot of ample events which had put the country on 'hotspot' enough to spur an average scholar to know about the country. I don't consider myself hot or brainy but I know small about the world, which a self-acclaimed advanced human being should.
Meanwhile, her reported spoken English was even poor which most of us didn't spot from the written conversation. But I, for a person, don't care. In as much as I understand your message, no issues.
How you dey? You just left your homecow like that! God dey ooo!

@ OP, dem plenty die! And they abound everywhere. I remember a beauty pageant where a drop-dead gorgeous chick like that was asked who the Nigerian 1st president was, & guessed what she said? - Mr Sani Abacha! My informally learned grannie almost broke her neck from laughter.
Goodmorning peeps!!
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by MOBBDEEP: 11:13am On Oct 24, 2012
InvertedHammer: Well, an average American does not give a hoot about life outside USA. Not that they need to anyways.
Most of them do not even have international passport(s). You can laugh at the ignorant lady all
you want, but I bet she does not give a rat's a_s

My brother, they should care ooo.
A measure of pride is essential for a normal human being & whither is thy pride without knowledge & no shame for thine aknowledgia?
May be I personally do take an exceptional joy & pride in knowledge.
I remembered vividly an encounter I had with a notable female personality (a striking beauty & a lawyer). She introduced herself & capped it all that she's from the home of River Zambezi.
I replied she must be from Zambia.
She nodded in a 'hell, no way!' manner.
I blurted out Malawi.
She nodded in disagreement.
I again, in madcow persistence, replied Rhodesia.
She scowled!
Then I said Republic of Congo. She started shaking head.
I then in my hapless down-to-earth resignation with added shame, surrendered saying 'your humbled & shamed servant knowest not'.

Nna!!!, I was shamed for real that day. I felt I let down myself, my family & my country.
I had poor sleep.
Why?, because I felt as an average human being who is defined by knowledge, I failed. May be I did over-react but there are some things we should know & if we don't know, we should not take pride in ignorance for not knowing.

NB : Trust me, as soon as they left, I grabbed my Encarta. I discovered that I even try small because the said river passes through 4 countries before emptying its content into the Indian Ocean.

2 Likes

Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by MrsChima(f): 11:17am On Oct 24, 2012
LMAO@me started the name calling for saying the chick was broke and dumb! grin grin grin grin grin

America don suffer even if millions of people travel to America every year. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 24, 2012
It is sad people are giving excuses for the lady's failure to set things straight. It doesn't require traveling to know something about another country or continent. The worse in this case is that the lady didn't exhibit any sign of intelligent rather keep fooling herself just to guess right. She could have asked questions or admitted her poor geography education - there is nothing actually wrong about any of those.

I am a little disturbed by the excuses people are trying to give here in support of her failure. If it were to be an African they would take it on the ground of primitiveness and stupidity, not ignorance.

She really goofed!

2 Likes

Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by davida222(m): 12:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
sunnshyn: @least for a change the radar's shifted from Nigerian girls..

Nigeria in Brazil?? Epic!!

We smart people, Nigerian women I mean!!
sharap, and yet u black girls wana Talk and act like them,.
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by aries26(m): 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2012
A-town:
How many nigerians that were born and bred in Lagos know anything about other states in Nigeria? shocked
True. I met one online some weeks back. She said she is a student at LASU. We got talking she asked where I am. I told her I live in Onitsha. She asked where is Onitsha located. I told her Osha is in Anambra state. Can you believe she asked me where is Anambra state.WTF. I can understand if she do not know Onitsha but Anambra state. Common. That's one ignorant woman I tell you.

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by chinnyonwu(m): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2012
Blame GEJ
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by harlos: 3:08pm On Oct 24, 2012
pDude: Yesterday at work a white co-worker lady and I had this conversation. I shame for the babe sotay I almost bite finger. But as a Sharp man, me sef use sense cover her stupidity.

Girl: so tell me where are you from
Me: why don't you take a guess
Girl: emmmm....I heard someone say that you were from Nigeria.
Me: yes I'm from Nigeria.

After a few seconds pause,

Girl: Where is Nigeria? Is it in Brazil?
Me: (with a shocked look on my face) nope! It is far away from Brazil. It is in another continent.
Girl: oh ok. Then it should be in South Africa. Am I right?
Me: (shocked beyond comprehension) nope! South Africa is not a continent, it is a country.
Girl: really? Ok where is Nigeria then.
Me: it is in Africa. Africa is the continent.
Girl: (using laugh to cover up her ignorance) I didn't know that. Did you learn English here?
Me: nope. We speak English in my country.
Girl: really? I didn't know they spoke English in Africa.
Me: a lot of countries in Africa do.
Girl: the last time I did anything about geography was in 5th grade and I have forgotten everything about it.
Me: yeah. You American need to travel out to other places.
Girl: yes but I guess that what our poor educational system does to us. They don't teach anything I schools these days. All we wanna do is do drugs and party.

Oh boy, I shame for the babe o. As she old reach, she nor get anything for her head. Na only to dey talk about her boyfriend fvcking her, partying and pressing iPhone.
Na wa o sad sad
if na Nigerian girl talk this one I for no talk but...
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by means(m): 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2012
Didn't Sarah Palin, US vice presidential canditate in 2008 say that she can see Russia from her house. Or that Africa is a country,
Not all of them are briliant. I do business with some white people (Britons precisely), you would be amazed how they construct their own English language and their level of comprehension.

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by drnoel: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

My brother, they should care ooo.
A measure of pride is essential for a normal human being & whither is thy pride without knowledge & no shame for thine aknowledgia?
May be I personally do take an exceptional joy & pride in knowledge.
I remembered vividly an encounter I had with a notable female personality (a striking beauty & a lawyer). She introduced herself & capped it all that she's from the home of River Zambezi.
I replied she must be from Zambia.
She nodded in a 'hell, no way!' manner.
I blurted out Malawi.
She nodded in disagreement.
I again, in madcow persistence, replied Rhodesia.
She scowled!
Then I said Republic of Congo. She started shaking head.
I then in my hapless down-to-earth resignation with added shame, surrendered saying 'your humbled & shamed servant knowest not'.

Nna!!!, I was shamed for real that day. I felt I let down myself, my family & my country.
I had poor sleep.
Why?, because I felt as an average human being who is defined by knowledge, I failed. May be I did over-react but there are some things we should know & if we don't know, we should not take pride in ignorance for not knowing.

NB : Trust me, as soon as they left, I grabbed my Encarta. I discovered that I even try small because the said river passes through 4 countries before emptying its content into the Atlantic Ocean.

Men I sabi say geography is not my strongest so once in those kind of situation I don't like guessing so as not 2 make a fool of myself. I say plainly, pls could u tell me what country that is? Or pls where is that on the map?
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by thegeorgy(f): 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2012
forget all these Americana and oyinbo people o.expecially the black ones.most of them na real olodo,i hv had so many conversation from peeps in diffrent countries.like some said previously,ignorance know no nationality.there are ignorant people and dummies scattered all over planet earth.some even believe Nigeria is a slum.what nonsense.i wish these people will learn to travel to other places and see for themselves.i have even been asked severally if English is spoken in NIGERIA,WTH shocked wink.i had to let them no we speak and most of us have even mastered the language nd they will be like wow.una think say na all Nigerians no know the diffrence between is and was.long hissssssssssssssssssssssssss.abeg NIGERIANS dey try jare. wink

1 Like

Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2012
I know a lot of Yoruba people refer to Anyone whose name doesnt sound Yoruba or Hausa as Ibo.

Friends from Benue, Edo, Kogi, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers etc have been referred to as Ibos by a lot of Yorubas

Ignorance is in every society even more common among us in Nigeria
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by mayorteeny: 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2012
MOBBDEEP:

TJ Mz, chill now. Mrs Chima & 'Omo to dun' started the name calling. No one enjoys his/her ego being trampled on nor derided.
Secondly, I guess what surprised Pdude was the fact that this lady is a scholar - a representative of an average American (the purported advanced man)
Goodmorning peeps!!

My chairman I see you. pDude committed an ecological fallacy by his lame attempt to label all graduates of nigerian institutions philistines. Even if me i no sabi book i know say your erudite self na near genius. Anyway he has admitted he is a JJC in the States. May i point out that your sagacious self is also guilty of that transgression?. The average american is far from being 'advanced' or being a 'scholar' in the true definition of the word.
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by cap28: 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2012
when you are on top you dont need to know about those on the bottom - thats how the majority of americans reason - they have everything they need in their country therefore they couldnt care less about anywhere else in the world especially if that place is black africa (some of them do go on vacation to egypt and south africa)

they get all the information they feel they need from fox , cnn, abc and nbc and if they really want to be adventurous - national geographic where they see africans walking around half nak.ed carrying spears and wearing grass skirts and bones in their noses, so why do they need to stretch themselves any further for information about a part of the world that no-one in the western world gives a fck about?

the only time they will become acquainted with places like nigeria is when america decides to drop a bomb on it or deploy africom there to raze it to the ground in order to get rid of an evil dictator.
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by cap28: 7:21pm On Oct 24, 2012
means: Didn't Sarah Palin, US vice presidential canditate in 2008 say that she can see Russia from her house. Or that Africa is a country,
Not all of them are briliant. I do business with some white people (Britons precisely), you would be amazed how they construct their own English language and their level of comprehension.

but guess what ? they still earn more than you no matter how bad their spoken english is - their white skin makes up for their poor grammar.
Re: My Conversation With An American Lady by 2sexy(m): 8:13pm On Oct 24, 2012
dayokanu: I am sure there are dumber people in Nigeria

I have met a lot of Nigeria who thought London was a country. I am certain a lot of Nigerians who even claimed they went to school Dont really know the difference between United Kingdom, England and Britain even on this Nairaland

Infact I can bet a lot of people in Nigeria and on Nairaland would call Mexicans and every hispanic "Whitemen"

Dayokanu, you have said it all. Ignorance knows no bound. You, I, Pdude and the entire NL users have our areas of deficiency knowledge-wise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Free Mtn Cheat..*131*205# / Finally Exposed:vera Sidika Is An Expensive Prostitute. See Shocking Evidence / Guys: Can You Date A Lady That Smokes??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.