Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo (38825 Views)

See How The Nigerian Army Is Transported To The Battlefield In 2015 / Nigeria Army Is Developing Aviation Unit / US Army War College.class Of 80.buhari's Set(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 03, 2012
Make una say whatever u can,
If na me, i go apply sharpally!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Horus(m): 9:58am On Nov 03, 2012
Billyonaire: Future Spies.

Yes, there is a possibility that they can be used as spies against Nigeria, and for spies, the primary motivating factor is financial gain.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by rhymz(m): 9:59am On Nov 03, 2012
Ayowumie:
So, because of mere unfounded assertion of ancestry, they have to go and die and for nothing?
I wonder O. . I am Igbo to the core and I don't remember any of our ancestors living notes or myths of our relationship with Isreal besides the nonsense some religious church nuts claim. This is not a matter of Igbo being brave, abeg make una use una head and don't let sweet talk lead you all to your early graves.

5 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by maclatunji: 9:59am On Nov 03, 2012
youngies:
Your sarcasm wasn't particularly funny

Although he was being tribalistic, his post did make me laugh.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by GAR3TH(m): 10:00am On Nov 03, 2012
Wow the amount of narcissistic people on this site is Unbelievable. The US army is recruiting them so they can be translators. Whether it be a future war theater, a wire tapping operation, investigations etc. Its not because they are "smart" or "warriors" like some Gullible people have said. Its so they have the right people to translate in a giving scenario, that's what all modern military do.

5 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by maclatunji: 10:01am On Nov 03, 2012
Horus:

Yes, there is a possibility that they can be used as spies against Nigeria, and for spies, the primary motivating factor is financial gain.

We should learn Chinese. Fashola has seen the light in this regard.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Ahmed0336(m): 10:02am On Nov 03, 2012
If I hear say I join their so called army make I get k leg God punish devil grin

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Koolking(m): 10:02am On Nov 03, 2012
Ganys: Well, Since we cant deal with America,God is already helping us to deal with them with the recent hurricane Sandy....
If they attempt to Break Nigeria By 2015 by force, God Shall Dust them with Deadly Hurricane DUSTY....Useless Country angry

. . remember, natural disasters in USA are always call after women: Katrina, Sandy etc, yours can be 'Hurricane Justina or Marina'

2 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 03, 2012
Mcdugull: OMO YORUBA can only shout aaaaahhhhhhhhhh but Igbos and Hausas are die Heart!!! cool cool grin
LWBMB!

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by 50calibre(m): 10:03am On Nov 03, 2012
Ha! Third world country, my heart bleeds for Nigeria. They are now recruiting nigerians they use to spy on Nigeria, isnt that treason? so sad! They will soon send them into the front line where they will be finished like fowl.

The son of a family friend wanted to join the US army despite warnings from his family he remained adamant and joined abandoning a promising career in basketball. One month later he was shipped to Iraq, stepped on an IED few months into his tour and was shipped back to US for treatment, today the guy posseses only one leg.

3 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 03, 2012
GAR3TH: Wow the amount of narcissistic people on this site is Unbelievable. The US army is recruiting them so they can be translators. Whether it be a future war theater, a wire tapping operation, investigations etc . Its not because they are "smart" or "warriors" like some Gullible people have said. Its so they have the right people to translate in a giving scenario, that's what all modern military do.

embarassed lipsrsealed cry angry sad embarassed
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by honeric01(m): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2012
America is the most war wongering country in the world, loves violence and war. Una wey no kuku get anything to live for can go join their army, they surely know the tribes fit for this position.

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 03, 2012
honeric01: America is the most war wongering country in the world, loves violence and war. Una wey no kuku get anything to live for can go join their army, they surely know the tribes fit for this position.

I hope the US is aware that they have a trait of RUNNING AWAY from the battlefield when the heat is tough.

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by 50calibre(m): 10:10am On Nov 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

embarassed lipsrsealed cry angry sad embarassed

I guess you have already filled out your own form right? Are you aware of the dangers translators face day to day? Are you aware of the plight of some of the afghan translators that are used in afganistan? How some are abandoned and left at the mercy of the Taliban?
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by honeric01(m): 10:11am On Nov 03, 2012
GAR3TH: Wow the amount of narcissistic people on this site is Unbelievable. The US army is recruiting them so they can be translators. Whether it be a future war theater, a wire tapping operation, investigations etc. Its not because they are "smart" or "warriors" like some Gullible people have said. Its so they have the right people to translate in a giving scenario, that's what all modern military do.

Translate igbo and hausa languages in Iraq, Iran, Agfhan .. E.t.c? You're very smart

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by tunnytox(m): 10:11am On Nov 03, 2012
Laalamed:
next civil war would be fought in yoruba land.

It will be fought in your father's compound.

6 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 03, 2012
tunnytox:

It will be fought in your father's compound.

Deja vu grin

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Bolan123: 10:13am On Nov 03, 2012
For u yorubas making noise here abt Biafra, this issue should let u knw where we stand and y we are telling u dat it wont be like 1967. I hve two of my brothers in US army and Navy, and I kwn there mindset abt Biafra. They are ready to lay down their life for it. We have many of them like dat. They can't choose Yoruba b'cos they kwn they are lily livered, unstable and a tribe of betrayals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by 2nedo(m): 10:15am On Nov 03, 2012
AWKA_MADE_GUN: US are only interested in training important West African tribes..

The other tribes their names are not there are considered minority and inconsequential..
Animal dey go die on top tinz wey no concern am still dey happy.y not make peace?instead of puttin ppl on death row. Ara gba nde ara

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 03, 2012
Because Hausa people no get brain at all,they only hear "go",that's why they are call "zombie". They can die anyhow,to them death is nothing.

Igbo people can do anything for money, killing for money is there hobby,they will join cos of the monetary gain,and nothing else. To an igbo man,the love of money,is the beginning of wisdom.

7 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Youngzedd(m): 10:18am On Nov 03, 2012
Mcdugull: OMO YORUBA can only shout aaaaahhhhhhhhhh but Igbos and Hausas are die Heart!!! cool cool grin

They just want people that will do the shooting(ACTION) not the talking in war front.

They fit run when the heat is ON.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by honeric01(m): 10:19am On Nov 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I hope the US is aware that they have a trait of RUNNING AWAY from the battlefield when the heat is tough.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by 50calibre(m): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2012
Yomieluv: Because Hausa people no get brain at all,they only hear "go",that's why they are call "zombie". They can die anyhow,to them death is nothing.

Igbo people can do anything for money, killing for money is there hobby,they will join cos of the monetary gain,and nothing else. To an igbo man,the love of money,is the beginning of wisdom.

I swear Hausa no get sense at all, infact they are not evolved enough to be called humans, they are still in-between chimps and homo sapiens, all they know is violence, killing, and savagery.

To bad they will be slaughtered like animals.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by iykeboyy(m): 10:24am On Nov 03, 2012
50calibre: Ha! Third world country, my heart bleeds for Nigeria. They are now recruiting nigerians they use to spy on Nigeria, isnt that treason? so sad! They will soon send them into the front line where they will be finished like fowl.

The son of a family friend wanted to join the US army despite warnings from his family he remained adamant and joined abandoning a promising career in basketball. One month later he was shipped to Iraq, stepped on an IED few months into his tour and was shipped back to US for treatment, today the guy posseses only one leg.
yea i know the guy u are talking about his real name are 'olodo mugu'
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by iykeboyy(m): 10:25am On Nov 03, 2012
50calibre: Ha! Third world country, my heart bleeds for Nigeria. They are now recruiting nigerians they use to spy on Nigeria, isnt that treason? so sad! They will soon send them into the front line where they will be finished like fowl.

yea i know the guy u are talking about his real names are 'olodo mugu' grin
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by 50calibre(m): 10:27am On Nov 03, 2012
iykeboyy: yea i know the guy u are talking about his real name are 'olodo mugu'

Middle name - idi*t
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Babaken(m): 10:29am On Nov 03, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Dede1,Afam,onlylies,udezue and the other jobless ibo boys should take this opportunity as an attempt by the US to uplift the ibos from their extreme poverty and criminal lifestyle.

i just hope the Alh harem wont open fire on you ! lipsrsealed
. You talk like som1 that flush his sense for toilet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 03, 2012
Nairaland, u have been nothing but a front to increase tribalism in nigeria, and u are doing a damn good job at that

2 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by lastpage: 10:32am On Nov 03, 2012
youngies: Does the United States of America [USA] have any ulterior motive commencing the recruitment of young men and women from two ethnic groups in Nigeria: Igbo and Hausa into the US army?

According to the recruitment exercise’s dedicated website www.defence.gov/news/mavni-fact-sheet, the US army is looking for native speakers of 44 languages, including Hausa, Igbo, Azerbaijani, Cambodian-Khmer, Persian Dari (spoken in Afghanistan), Portuguese, Tamil (spoken in South Asia) and French (spoken in West Africa), among others.

"To catch a Monkey, you gotta learn to act like a monkey!"

How do you expect the U.S to have a leg-up, in fighting "FUTURE TERRORISTS", if they cant even speak their language!

How will "intelligence" produce result when you dont have you own "insider" speaking the language?

These are some of the lessons that were "learned" in Iraq, Afghanistan, e.t.c

At least now we know them, we can keep a better eye on them!
wink wink grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by stacomaster(m): 10:32am On Nov 03, 2012
caseless: Did i jst read 'they will be sent to conflict zone'? If i hear say i join....who they wan send go iraq or afghanistan, me? For weye? they will send them to iran cos isreal and the iranian govt will soon engage in war over iranian nuclear programme and u knw wat US(isreal' closest ally) can do in such a situation.
SECONDED
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by 50calibre(m): 10:33am On Nov 03, 2012
Babaken: . You talk like som1 that flush his sense for toilet.

Leave the guy na meat him be.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Yujin(m): 10:33am On Nov 03, 2012
Everything is going on fine as planned. The only problem is the whites(Americans) will be the winners at the end. Well, who cares since the people of nigeria do not want an egalitarian society where equality, justice and peace reign. See Nigeria going down the drains. No area will be spared. We are watching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

PDP Presidential Aspirants With Their Provisional Clearance Certificates (Photos / Tinubu Attends Femi Gbajabiamila's 60th Birthday Prayer (Video) / #EndSARS Rally Marred By Low Turn Out (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.