Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo (38818 Views)

See How The Nigerian Army Is Transported To The Battlefield In 2015 / Nigeria Army Is Developing Aviation Unit / US Army War College.class Of 80.buhari's Set(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2012
N_girl: Seriously?! US has a plan, it's obvious. I don't know why their so fond of using people to their own advantage. I know they've been putting eye on Nigeria's oil for sometime now, they're now taking advantage of the bad situation in Nigeria. I'm just tired of that country and so are most people that's why I know their day is coming soon.
NOW HERE IS A SMART POST
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
N_girl: Anyone who reads up on the history of Nigeria especially during the civil war would easily conclude that yorubas are backstabbers who cannot stand their ground and keep to their words so that might be the reason why they were not called and not what you're thinking.
AND SHE GOES AND DISAPPOINTS

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
whitecat007: Why do you have to keep telling people how fearless your tribe is when the history of every tribe is there for people to make their minds on who are the real warriors. Why do you need to argue with anyone that you are a man or woman w hen the the person is not blind
You dey mind them, don't let them draw you into their crazy gathering.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 2:47pm On Nov 03, 2012
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by guruobinna: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2012
Yomieluv:
Hausa is a disgusted tribe, they can go join the us Army.after all they give birth like pig,so how will they appreciate human life.

Igbos on the other hand can send many of their kids there to join,so far money is involved,afterall money first,before human feelings.

Am proud to be a Yoruba. I represent my tribe.
U are proud 2 b a C0WARD & u will ever represent a C0WARD

2 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by guruobinna: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2012
achi4u: So,must yorubas and igbos fight on nairaland everyday?
Come to think of it,who is better than the other?
IGBO & don't ask again!
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by felifeli: 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2012
N_girl: Seriously?! US has a plan, it's obvious. I don't know why their so fond of using people to their own advantage. I know they've been putting eye on Nigeria's oil for sometime now, they're now taking advantage of the bad situation in Nigeria. I'm just tired of that country and so are most people that's why I know their day is coming soon.

Na lie , US no get any plan. They love Ibo people because obama wife looks like Ibo woman. Americans are looking for Ibo people to teach them how to cook ogbono soup and oha soup.They don't like Yoruba yoruba people. grin grin grin
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by guruobinna: 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2012
vislabraye:

What do you say about Tiv people then?
3RD IN D LIST
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by guruobinna: 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2012
Bosuntop: 80% igbo are illitrate and petty traders, 98% hausa are not educated. America can pack all of them to war zone and allow us have peace in this country. Afterall they re boko and kidnappers..
Eiyaa! Yoruba didn,t make it on d list because of their mgbatiscus altitude
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Yujin(m): 3:14pm On Nov 03, 2012
cap28:

First of all the United States is one of the most divided and racist nations in the western world and it creates the conditions that lead many poor blacks and hispanics in that country to get drafted into their military, if you live in the american ghettoes surrounded by violence, destitution, drug dealers and prostitution with no hope of ever getting out of it due to the entrenched institutionalised racism that permeates every layer of american society ie the schools, the employment and judicial systems etc joing the US army starts to look like a very attractive option indeed even if you might not live to come back to tell your story.

Also just as black americans and hispanics join the army in order to get away from poverty in their community created by the us govt that is the same way nigerians run away from nigeria to get away from the poverty created by the us owned IMF and world bank in nigeria- therefore you need to recognise that this US that you idolise is the architect of the suffering of many nigerians just as it is for black americans.

with regard to the US's role in the nigeria /biafra civil war - yes they fought on the side of their ally - Britain who armed, funded and trained their northern puppets to prevent the secession of biafra but why did the americans chose to side with a group of murderers who had already carried out unprovoked attacks against thousands of igbos in the north, i thought america beleives in freedom and democracy - why didnt they come to the aid of the persecuted biafrans ? could it be because they stood to gain more by siding with their british allies because of the stake they had in the oil region which was under the control of britain?

You see one thing you have failed to understand is that these americans and europeans do not see us as human beings they only see our resources, america joined forces with britain because it was in their interest to keep oil rich niger delta under the control of the nigerian northern oligarcy (aka nigeria) because that is the only way they would have full control over those resources, it had nothign to do with them beleiving in the unity of the nigerian people - they couldnt care less about nigeria or its people - all they wanted was for the oil to be under the control of the leaders that were originally chosen by britain.

if you still do not beleive what ive said about the role america played during the nigerian civil war try reading Henry Kissinger's memoirs (former national security adviser under Nixon) read the chapter about how Kissinger received daily updates on the number of igbo children that were dying of starvation as a result of the economic blockade imposed on biafra following instructions from britain .

read about how Kissinger chose to do nothing in the face of all of this tragedy - you know why? BECAUSE IT WAS NOT IN THE INTEREST OF THE UNITED STATES TO GO AGAINST BRITAIN'S POSTION - you better wake up and understand that we black people are nothign more than pawns in their hands they do not care about us and never will.

with regard to the posters comment about the hurricane im inclined to agree - when you commit so much evil against innocent people in this world brace yourself for your own punishment because it will be so deadly that people around you will begin to wonder what you did to invoke such fury from the gods.

Well my friend, I couldn't help but agree with you on the recruitment not being for benefit of those to be recruited. Since Nigeria has failed to address her fundamental issues of partiality, favouritism and injustice, then WE ALL show suffer the consequences. My advise is that they should join en masse so that when the chips come to fore everyone should feel the pain.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2012
Oh my God. God why now? You mean Ofenmanu cowards are not being recruited in the army? Are you actually saying Ofenmanu are a bunch of weak idiots? Oh my God angry
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by guruobinna: 3:17pm On Nov 03, 2012
achi4u: na wa o...igbos for parasite? for where?
No mind dat id!ot
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by dnawah(m): 3:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
Take the risk and join the millionairs.(odeyshi)the downfall of the Usa is being pass to 9ja
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 03, 2012
Those of u abusin d yoruba tribe for not being among u.s recruitment,,,,rmemba dat americans ar wise..n dey only choose fools,its nt a selection by strength....hausa strong reach yoruba neh?!,,,well R.I.P nicompoops..

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by SamAfrik(m): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2012
Funny thread. All my Igbo peeps rejoicing over ds devpt only shows dy are more interested in opportunities than risk involved (typical). How many of d recruits will ever get to commanding officers (senior ranks)?

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Horus(m): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2012
I can see that the Willie Lynch syndrome is present on Nairaland
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by SamAfrik(m): 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2012
Funny thread. All my Igbo peeps rejoicing over ds devpt only shows dy are more interested in opportunities than risk involved (very typical). How many of d recruits will ever get to commanding officers (senior ranks)?
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by SamAfrik(m): 3:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
Lest I forget. When the US are ready to recruit into silicon valley for d next tech advancement then they shd give d Indians & Yorubas a call.
God bless America.

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by M17: 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2012
To end this story when a news media fell to include yorubas on any thing tangible ,come see their rushing gullible emotion in play ,If this news has mentioned Yoruba and Hausa's alone and left Igbo's out of it ,Hell will break loose ,Yorubas are Gigantic evil tribe who will go rogue and chose the way of awolowo to judge any thing , you see them all over the place with their thick African face with loud voice ,pushing and forcing them self to belong on any thing , while their error's are pandemonium .very annoying sects of bastard , I can not dare relate with , timid bastards filled with their inferior tribal ego. when news fell to be on Yoruba side every else become x ,ORUBAS are one of the most sub standard educated fool's from sub SAHARA AFRICA .

4 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by klax(m): 3:55pm On Nov 03, 2012
@ Truckpusher: What is even more embarrassing and tragic is that two out of the three major tribes of this country have converged in this forum to argue about who is more loved by the US,no wonder Nigerians are always regarded as a$$wipes and pu$$ies no matter how smart we prove to be ....The Igbos and the Yorubas are becoming a national embarrassment in this forum. What else can i say when the two pillars of nation is right here having a pissing competition for the whole world to see our weaknesses and how divided we are.

You are too much I love your wisdom please tell those I D I O T S celebrating foolishness. We should now throw a party because US are looking for Lambs to be slaughter in war front and two tribe were singled out and instead for us to tell US to go to hell but so shocking my people want to throw a party even declare bank holiday because of some disgruntle imperalist idiot.

2 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by dewize01(m): 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2012
The Us knows d intellectual capability of d yorubas and wud nt dare try to play with it. Yorubas wud never allowed themselves to be usd as war tools. Kudos to our founding fathers for our sound education !!!

2 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Richy4(m): 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2012
hmmm this is not really cool at all. it is the same thing like boko recruiting citizens of Niger Republic and chad.the difference is that US is legal and Boko is illegal but it is the same imminent death.see what poverty has caused.can they go and recruit citizens of Switzerland or France, and people are busy fighting over why they did not include their ethinic group cry

3 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by COOLDUN: 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
whitecat007: US military does not need to recruit Nigerians for foot soldiers when they can make it attractive and get mexicans to enlist in their thousands.

Don't mind the idiots, they are doing as if they were given the opportunity they would not have jumped to it, go to the US embassy in Nigeria and have pity for yourselves. Nigerians as US footsoldiers my foot. I love your sense of reasoning my dear.Morons have invaded this forum.Very sorry for this forum.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by IYANGBALI: 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2012
[quote author=Ganys]2015 conspiracy against Nigeria is working...Whats gonna be their gain if this Beautiful Country break. Well, Since we cant deal with America,God is already helping us to deal with them with the recent hurricane Sandy....
If they attempt to Break Nigeria By 2015 by force, God Shall Dust them with Deadly Hurricane DUSTY....Useless Country angry[/quoteNigeria is more useless and hopeless than Americam I am in total support of them breaking this God forsaken jungle called nigeria.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by FlyinNaija: 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2012
War is not only about bombs and bravery. You have to win the hearts and mind, as well as have local knowledge. Nigeria is very unstable and as a people we are very unserious. based on any kind of military analysis, Nigeria is one of the most war prone countries in the world. If Nigeria is going to break up, it most likely going to be by Ibo cessation with strong resistance from the Hausa. The Americans will definitely have to get involved as they have a lot at stake. many years of intelligence gathering and reconnaissance are required prior to executing a war. A lot of the failures the US military experienced in Iraq and Afghanistan were due to lack of local knowledge. So if their predictions are right about the 2015 Armageddon then now is the right time to start gathering local knowledge of the two tribes that will mos likely get involved in the conflict. makes a whole lot of sense.
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by M17: 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2012
SEE ORUBA EMOTION IN PLAY BECAUSE USARMY INCLUDED SOME TRIBE AND LEFT THE OTHER ,
FOR YOUR INFORMATION YORUBAS ARE NOT THE MOST POPULATED NIGERIAN IN AMERICA ,YORUBA LEAVE OUR ARROGANT LIFE AND REPENT FROM YOUR FAKE AND CUNNING LIFE STYLE , YORUBA PLEASE BRING SOME THING POSITIVE TO ADDRESS ILLITERACY IN POVERTY STRICKEN ORUBA SLUMS IN LONDON ,AJEGUNLE, ORILE , EVEN IN ABIDJAN

3 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by IYANGBALI: 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
dewize01: The Us knows d intellectual capability of d yorubas and wud nt dare try to play with it. Yorubas wud never allowed themselves to be usd as war tools. Kudos to our founding fathers for our sound education !!!
I wud rather commit suicide than be used by oyinbo

3 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 03, 2012
I shake my head 4 my dear brothers....sorry to say it beht i know the money enticed u. Well who doesnt like money? ;-).
Toor hausa people, i know say na brainwash dem give u. Cos na go u always hear and u go do anything.
Yoruba people, i know u too dey fear sef! Beht in this case you appear to be very sensible..... It actually seems you guys analyse stuffs properly everytime before taking any action.

On a serious note now, anybody with brains will know nothing good is ever coming from this!
Abeg u guys should just resign this suicide job. Plz, dis is not bravery, na stupidity. Remember theres just a thing line between the two.

Nobody should call me tribalist cos i jst said how people stereotype each tribe.....then i came out sincere about the wisest action.....
I dissed my tribe d most seftongue

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by klax(m): 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
SamAfrik: Funny thread. All my Igbo peeps rejoicing over ds devpt only shows dy are more interested in opportunities than risk involved (typical). How many of d recruits will ever get to commanding officers (senior ranks)?

Oh Bros what a wise talk, please tell them those silly clown who want to throw party for second slavery. Tell those who want to declare holiday for been mentioned to go and die for another man Land?? Tell those who can not read between two line who love reason with their anus rather than their brain. Tell those who are happy to be used like the way the British Army used the Asia Kurgas like an sacrificial lamb during war. Bros tell the i d i o t s that want to celebrate a systematic extinction of their tribe by this so called American. Tell the shameless idiots who belief fighting war is the only way to proof manhood and die like a dog for what they do not know anything about. So sorry indeed.

4 Likes

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by COOLDUN: 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
guruobinna:
U are proud 2 b a C0WARD & u will ever represent a C0WARD

Yorubas think that US government do not have the security reports of Nigeria, how can they recruit from a tribe their four star general was seen crying like a baby, while 9 others were packaged like sardines in a small room by an ordinary major, that is why they are calling for his execution. If they have decided to recruit from only two tribes Hausa and Igbo, it means that they have noticed the incompetency and untrustworthiness of the Yoruba tribe. If it was the Yorubas that was mentioned as the recruited soldiers today, you would have heard their empty bragging. Nigerians fail to know that the US army fought alongside the Nigeria army during the war then they studied the most trusted, loyal, and fearless people in Nigeria. Whatever that does not favor the Yoruba tribe is a taboo. They think it’s like Nigeria where a carpenter is highered to do the work of an engineer.

1 Like

Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by SamAfrik(m): 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2012
Its not abt taking opportunities in d US in d face of limited ones in present day Nigeria, but this recruitment doesnt call 4 celebrations of any kind. I prefer to see Nigerians (regardless of tribe) in d coporate & science sectors. Then I'd celebrate
Re: Why US Army Is Recruiting Hausa, Igbo by cap28: 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2012
This is probably one of the reasons that the US is now recruiting africans to go and die for them:

(November 2005) Since virtually the beginning of the all-volunteer U.S. military in 1973, African Americans have enlisted for service in the armed forces at much higher levels than their percentage of the total U.S. population. After reaching a high of 28 percent in 1979, black enlistment levels hovered around 20 percent until 2000.

But the past five years have seen a drop in overall African American enlistment levels that has reduced black participation in the armed forces to percentages not seen since 1973. Black enlistment rates in the Army (see Figure 1) and the Marines have declined precipitously since 2000. These trends may spell trouble for the Army, which has depended on blacks to meet its recruiting goals and reenlistment targets.

african americans are fed up with being used as cannon fodder in america's imperialist wars around the globe

http://www.prb.org/Articles/2005/ArmyRecruitmentGoalsEndangeredasPercentofAfricanAmericanEnlisteesDeclines.aspx

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari Poses With Kannywood Actors,pledges To Support Them [see Photo] / Dino Melaye: Thugs Caught By Police Have Confessed That Sunday Faleke Sent Them / Rivers Govt Dissociates Itself From Seperatist Protest In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.